Tournament NU Team Tournament II: Manager Sign-Ups [ see: post #17 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
If you wish to manage the next NU team tournament, starting later this month, then post in this thread expressing your interest in managing. While the manager selection process is underway, the format discussion thread will remain open if anyone else wishes to provide input. In addition, shiloh will be hosting the tournament alongside myself.

Given this, the format is not entirely decided yet and we will use input from the managers we select next week to finalize it, but we currently know that:
  • The tournament will either be Snake draft or Blind auction, not a standard auction
  • Player sign-ups will go up later next week
  • The following tiers are locked:
    • SS NU x3
    • SM NU
    • ORAS NU
    • BW NU
    • DPP NU
    • ADV NU
  • We will determine number of teams based off of manager sign-ups and internal discussions, but it will either be 6 or 8
  • We will determine number of slots based off of number of teams and internal discussions, but it will either be 8 or 10
    • If we add slots, GSC and RBY will take precedence over Bo3
With all that out of the way, these are the qualifications we are looking for (shamelessly stolen from NUPL):
  • Experience in NU tournaments (most notably NUPL, NUSD, and official tournaments)
  • Experience managing and/or leading
  • Involvement in the community
  • Competence™ (we reserve the right to make any necessary judgement calls)
If you wish to add any information to your sign-up as to why we should pick you or a funny meme, it may help your chances of getting picked.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
hi, i’d like to manage for this. in addition to playing ss nu all gen (r6/7 of open, upcoming circuit playoffs, played it in scl [dont look at the results lol!]), i played most of the oldgens for nu classic and found a lot of them really fun to play and build. ive been cringey in the past lol but dont think i have issues with anybody now (to my knowledge :psywoke:).
i would make a fun & positive team environment, draft new players, etc. in the past I have managed RU snake, UUFPL (finals), and some misc lower tier WCs

we will be the surfin servines

6DD8377E-0F86-4138-A643-A39EA51C7FED.jpeg

7D2CCF38-17C5-4206-84EE-DC9CE9D9A080.jpeg

Hey, everybody! I’d like to manage for this tour. I've been playing and maining SS NU from pretty much the beginning of the gen, all gen. I've recently participated in the PTPL playing as the SS NU slot for the Casual Comfeys and would really like the experience of managing a team! :D

Since this would be my first time managing, I wouldn't be opposed to having a co-manager with more experience to help me out, so if anyone is interested, I'd be glad to have you <3 I'll try to make a fun, positive, inclusive team to give opportunity to new players like me and I'll try to make sure we'll have a lot of fun :D

We'll be the Terracotta Town Torracats ;)

:ss/torracat:

I would like to take my newfound enjoyment of this tier a step further by throwing my name into the goblet of fire. Motivated to draft a competitive, as well as enjoyable team environment. Signing up solo for now but if you'd be interested to manage alongside me, feel free to dm me. My NU accomplishments are NU cup finals / 3-0 in SCL.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
The following users have been selected to manage the upcoming NU team tournament:
I am going to make a PM with all of you, shiloh, and Meri Berry to discuss the format of the draft, the format of the tournament itself, and other logistical matters. Stay tuned and thanks to everyone who signed up -- if you did not get picked, there is always next time. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want any feedback or have any questions.

Finally, anyone without a co-manager can get one approved before the self-buy deadline (probably a day before the auction), but they must do so in the managers PM. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)