NU Ladder racing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adapted from Oglemi's RU laddering competitions, but spun for NU's use.

Hi guys, I never make a thread in smogon. But one thing I can tell you is you're currently looking at the most balanced and unique metagame in Smogon. We have over 240 pokemon to abuse in this tier and they all have some sort of niche that help them with your teams, so expect to see a lot of diverse and probably confusing looking teams out on the NU ladder.

Now, with the intro aside I have a little competition for us to participate in. It's not as in-depth as Research Week / Session / Whatever it is now, or as community centered as a CCAT or our huge create a team concept that Raseri is running. What I have to offer is a simple ladder race. Since the ladder got reset about a week ago the ladder is in prime position to be taken over and new limits to be broken. This race will take place over a 7 or 14 day time period pending on my mood and whoever is the first to the #1 spot or in the highest spot if no one gets #1 at the end of the allotted time.

Now, it wouldn't be fair if we could start on our highest alts and just sit there for the entire race. Start on fresh alts and try your best to get as high as possible. Please don't cheat the ladder (trust me I check every night myself so you're not going to get away with it and you'll be gone from PO for a lot longer than the competition) and at least give it a college try (dropouts :D). DO NOT change your alt at any time from when the competition starts, your ranking will be exempted no matter if you win or not, so don't try it >_>.

Post your fresh alt first w, like so:

Username: Steamroll

yeah this account isn't fresh, it's just an example. Anyways, this wouldn't be competitive without rewards, so I'm offering hops in #neverused in order to make this a little more interesting. If you already have hops we might promote you to aops, and aops will just stay aops. Even though the tier is as stable as a balance with no weights on it, you can also be considered for a "sub-council" where you guys can make a vote for an absent Council Member incase something somehow becomes suspect (rain and sun I'm looking at you >_>).

Alright this competition will start Saturday at Midnight EST (GMT -5) RIGHT NOW meaning if I catch you laddering beforehand you'll have to choose a new alt or just be DQ'd before it starts.

Participators:
Username (ALT NAME) - Ranking

Raseri (in it to win it) - 1000
MMF (flcl will win) - 1000
No Luck Involved (I Am Gonna Feel It) - 1000
Living Things (lost in this world) - 1000
FLCL (ringo mogire beam) - 1000
TropiOUs (Get on my god level) - 1000
The Reptile (why am i even trying) - 1000
November Blue (Blue Racer) - 1000
Full2Half (Full2TheStars) - 1000
CrashinBoomBang (CrashingBoomBang) - 1000
Zebraiken (Zebraiken) - 1000
Shnen (Thundersteel) - 1000
Straw Hat (imsodrowzee) - 1000
NatGeo (ubuntu.) - 1000
DTC (little dtc) - 1000

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alt: Get on my god level
Enough time to come up with random gimmicks.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I wish I had a chance in stuff like this :(

I'm going to give it a go anyway. Alt name: Blue Racer

Steam, could you please post a notification in this thread at the start time? Just to avoid timezone confusion.

alright the deadline for this race will be June 8th at midnight EST. If you hit #1 on the ladder please post a screen shot in this thread. I will be updating this thread with the top 40 ranks on every other night so keep an eye out for your name :D.

tl;dr GET YOUR ASSES ON THE LADDER

alright first Top 40 screenshot coming soon.

EDIT: Here you go!

Raseri (in it to win it) - 1317
MMF (flcl will win) - 1156
No Luck Involved (I Am Gonna Feel It) - 1175
Living Things (lost in this world) - 1000
FLCL (ringo mogire beam) - 1338
TropiOUs (Get on my god level) - 1000
The Reptile (why am i even trying) - 1004
November Blue (Blue Racer) - 1000
Full2Half (Full2TheStars) - 1092
CrashinBoomBang (CrashingBoomBang) - 1000
Zebraiken (Zebraiken) - 1152
Shnen (Thundersteel) - 1000
Straw Hat (imsodrowzee) - 965
NatGeo (ubuntu.) - 1000
DTC (little dtc) - 1015

ladder ypdate coming later on today. I think I'll end this on the tenth for posterity and the fact that flcl is insane.

alright since this was done so early and I have to consider doing a second one with a twist (and banning FLCL from these) I'll lock this and get back to you guys as soon as my graduation crap is done with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)