np: UU Suspect Test Round 1 - Sunny Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm gonna end this post with a statistic quote from the last month of Gen 4 UU

Chansey has always had weaknesses. And I can assure you, more bulk wasn't what she needed to fix them.
oh you mean that one month where heracross was everywhere? your argument seems to be so powerful it doesn't need to be mentioned.

Why do so many people think Deo-D is fine? That thing is ridiculous. :|
nb4 toxic spikes

Any person with half a brain will use it with a spinner or T-spikes absorber, making that point void, unless it gets phased into them.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since it's Deo-D we're talking about, it's worth noting that he can use basically any viable Toxic Spiker in the tier for setup bait, and can Taunt them from Turn 1 to keep them from doing anything. Even if you happen to catch Deo-D with both layers, he won't mind the poison damage in the few turns it takes to get those Spikes in. And consider it a given that if you send out something like Nidoqueen, he'll switch in right away to set up on it unless you also happen to be packing an Espeon or Xatu.

Not to mention he basically walls everything not SE on it straight to hell while setting up multiple layers of spikes, preventing you from setting up your own hazards/boosts AND eating up your PP like a motherfucker.

This thing needs to go since the only way to stop it is to either have a Heracross (any normal person will never leave Deo-D in with that) Prankster Toxic or have ungodly attacking stats like Staraptor. (who should be gone as well but w/e) I have the sinking feeling this asshole will be around until next suspect test. :|

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Deo-D doesn't really care about Heracross since he's vulnerable to hazards and scarfed 90% of the time, which easily invites your defensive Ghost to wall it for even thinking it was going to do anything.

Man its been a long time since ive been on...lol missed the voting requirements but glad to see alot of people are voting chansey though...and kinda shocked to see staraptor but it is true about it

Chansey is a defensive monster with evolite, it's so damn depressing, yet so useful when i use it. I usually try to ware it down with TS / Spikes / and SR. It's hard to stop regardless

Deo-D doesn't really care about Heracross since he's vulnerable to hazards and scarfed 90% of the time, which easily invites your defensive Ghost to wall it for even thinking it was going to do anything.
CB escavalier cannot hurt Deo-D?
Then again I rarely see escavalier.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ok, so Drought and Shell Smash+BP seem to be the non-pokémon nominations. Considering no Sun abuser besides Victini is going to be voted on, I guess we'll vote on those two and Drought will get the boot, only for us to see Victini be kept in UU. Hm.

EDIT-- lol no Deo-D wtf

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is just the first few batch of banning, just wait until the next rounds where the underrated suspects are waiting in the wings to be banned. It's going to take a couple of rounds before we hit a stable metagame, much like the previous metagame.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So guys, I know no one cares about laddering right now, but has anyone actually used a rain team this metagame? I just recently made one and I was really surprised by how successful it was. Absolutely no one is prepared for rain and upon seeing that you don't have your own auto-weather, most players readily sacrifice their own weather setters. Even the more intelligent players have issue, because both Vulpix and Hippo absolutely cannot switch into anything, and even Abomasnow has issues with Kabutops.

Rain has a lot of excellent support Pokemon in UU this gen (Roserade, Crobat, Zapdos, Jolteon) and one major new sweeper (Kingdra!). I'd recommend anyone who is bored before the ladder reset give it a shot once the Smogon server is back online...

I faced a couple of rain teams and they were really potent. My standard response was to lead with Yanmega, grab some speed boosts and stall the rain as much as possible with protect before I went down, because while the rain is up, basically nothing can actually beat Kingdra. I guess Chansey might, but I'm running offense, so...
Kabutops is also a troll but there is lots of Mach Punch which it doesn't appreciate much, also Ambipom can actually take +0 Rain AJ and OHKO with Low Sweep, if for some reason they're using Aqua Jet. I have to agree with the whole people sacing inducers thing, also. Most people don't give a shit about Vulpix and just let it die to a powerful attacker turn one, meaning totally random stuff carrying Rain Dance is able to change the weather with ease.

I faced a couple of rain teams and they were really potent. My standard response was to lead with Yanmega, grab some speed boosts and stall the rain as much as possible with protect before I went down, because while the rain is up, basically nothing can actually beat Kingdra. I guess Chansey might, but I'm running offense, so...
I run mixed Victini with Trick Room for sun teams, it does a pretty good job of throwing rain teams out of sync too.

I wrote all this, and then saw that I posted it in the Initial UU discussion thread. Here's what I wrote about Hail teams.
Anyway, I really don't see why hail is so broken. Obviously Kyurem hail teams are a pain, but without Kyurem (I have a strong feeling that it will be banned), I don't see what is so broken about it. There are powerful Blizzspammers, but many pokemon can absorb it, like Empoleon (or most Bulky waters with some special bulk tbh). Other powerful specially defensive walls like Snorlax can take Blizzard all day long. Unless the Blizzard abuser is scarfed, as a general rule, they aren't too fast and are generally frail. For example, the biggest Blizzard abusers I see are Abomasnow (who is slow and easily taken care of because of its many weaknesses), Froslass (who can be a pain with Snow Cloak and is actually quite fast, but is still capable of being killed with a faster mon or a scarfed revenge killer. Also, base 80 Special Attack isn't anything too great.), Glaceon (who has decent bulk but poor speed), and Jynx (who doesn't have a defense stat). All of these pokemon can be handled easily by Technitop's Mach Punch (except for Froslass who is killed with either Sucker Punch or Bullet Punch). So scarfed revenge killers, special walls not weak to Ice, priority users, or generally faster mons can easily overpower these pokemon. I'm not saying that Blizzspam Hail is weak, but I think that for now, Kyurem breaks hail and without it, Hail is good but not broken.

I'm pretty much in agreement. I'd like to see Hail's performance minus Kyurem. Unlike Drought, it could be the case that there's only one Pokemon breaking it.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
So guys, I know no one cares about laddering right now, but has anyone actually used a rain team this metagame? I just recently made one and I was really surprised by how successful it was. Absolutely no one is prepared for rain and upon seeing that you don't have your own auto-weather, most players readily sacrifice their own weather setters. Even the more intelligent players have issue, because both Vulpix and Hippo absolutely cannot switch into anything, and even Abomasnow has issues with Kabutops.

Rain has a lot of excellent support Pokemon in UU this gen (Roserade, Crobat, Zapdos, Jolteon) and one major new sweeper (Kingdra!). I'd recommend anyone who is bored before the ladder reset give it a shot once the Smogon server is back online...
I used RD Kingdra in my Hail team for a while, and it was good enough plowing shit all by itself. I wonder if a truly dual weather team would be any good...

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i would like to hear how everyone has been dealing with staraptor...to me he seems like the latios of ou except that he cuts its own health instead of it's attack...
i use him with a band and an adamant nature(and of course reckless) and almost nothing can wall him...the standart attack is brave bird which destroys everything not being electric,steel or rock...if i see zapdos in the opposing team i go straight up for double edge since it ohkos without rocks i think...
anything that isn't killed by his two stabs get killed by cc...
every defensive steel that may come in to wall him gets easily 2hkoed by band cc(like steelix and registeel)!
bandraptor can easily 2hko the entire uu metagame and i honestly cant find any counter to this beast...the only counter is prediction but this is hardly a solution...
for me he is maybe the biggest suspect in uu!
how do you guys counter this guy??

I slap agility onto him and use him as a sweeper, and to be honest, I don't think he's that overpowered. Sure he can sweep like a motherfucker, but he's frail and can be picked off by priority. In addition, with no way to boost its attack, it can't OHKO everything. Pokemon that can survive a hit can hit back hard with any attack. Staraptor kills itself really quickly too. SR + Recoil + LO Recoil adds up very quickly, and without a spinner or wish-passer, you're dead in a few turns anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)