np: OU Suspect Testing Round 4 - Blaze of Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
:/ Goodbye Garchomp, hello Flygon, and when I was just starting to get into UU... Now that Garchomp is gone, I guess people are going to use HP Ice less and moar HP Fire for Ferrothorn.

Ok, I was waiting for this. Flygon is not going to replace Garchomp by a longshot. Flygon hits are like getting hit with a stick: it can cause a few deaths here and there, but most of the time, it fails to do anything signifgicent. Landorus is more likely to replace Garchomp on most teams, having some actual power. Then again, Garchomp is pretty much impossible to replace, but whatever.

Ok, I was waiting for this. Flygon is not going to replace Garchomp by a longshot. Flygon hits are like getting hit with a stick: it can cause a few deaths here and there, but most of the time, it fails to do anything signifgicent. Landorus is more likely to replace Garchomp on most teams, having some actual power. Then again, Garchomp is pretty much impossible to replace, but whatever.
I'm pretty much agreeing with this. The power creep was not nice to Flygon when 5th gen came around. In 4th gen the power and speed wasn't enough to waver flygon which is why it was so high in usage. Now with all the new stuff in 5th gen, I suspect Flygon wont be used. It may be OU but it'll be few and far between.

I think it's time terrakion started to get more usage/attention.
It's true terrakion has some glaring weaknesses, but it's just sooo.......underrated or underused to be more precise.

At least Garchomp can always be retested when Rough Skin is released. No one should really have any dispute with that since the only thing ive seen is "Sand Veil makes it too much" or at least i hope lol. :\

Also what i wanted to ask, in regards to SmashPassing. What do we do next round if Reach wont let us complex ban it and we feel its still broken ? I mean it was nominated alot and could of been voted on and if enough people nom it it cant be ignored really, so yeah. :s
It'd be a pretty huge double standard if we allowed Rough Skin Garchomp back but not Blaze Blaziken. I would not get my hopes up.

Good riddance to Garchomp, but disappointed nothing else got banned and finding it a little lulzy that people are more scared of Thunderous than they are of Latios. Geez...

I'm not saying this to complain about chomp going to ubers (even if i shouldn't of) but aren't we getting a bit winny about hax? First we ban randomly ban the evasion items then ban garchomp mainly because of sand veil hax. I'm just pointing out a tread I hope
doesn't continue. I hate getting haxed as much as the next guy, but this is starting to get extreme.

It'd be a pretty huge double standard if we allowed Rough Skin Garchomp back but not Blaze Blaziken. I would not get my hopes up.

Good riddance to Garchomp, but disappointed nothing else got banned and finding it a little lulzy that people are more scared of Thunderous than they are of Latios. Geez...

If Dream World Garchomp is released, its much more likely that Sand Veil and Snow Cloak will be banned under evasion clause, rather than just Sand Veil Garchomp.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jeez when will you guys learn that it's the enablers that are broken not the abusers. I can't believe weather stayed and Garchomp left. Instead of just trying to nerf the weathers we should just eliminate the weather-makers to solve the problem. Thundurus, Excadrill and Garchomp wouldn't have even been nominated if it wasn't for perma-weather...and we'd be able to try out things like Manaphy in OU too.

You're right about the double standard but I personally don't see what's wrong with banning ability + pkmn combos.

Echoing goofball. I'm extremely disappointed with the lack of basic logic and common sense displayed by the voters. This goes for UU and LC as well. Something needs to change before this hole you have dug us into gets even deeper.
Both of you have PR posting priveleges. If you think of something better, you can let us know.

There's a whole bunch of stuff that stops most Thundurus sets, it's not that hard. Starmie revenged it for me for a while, and any ground type not weak to ice works I think

Im happy Garchomp get the boot. But about weather issue, i like weather wars. Yeah call me retarded or what, but the idea of weather wars has always been something i dream off even during gen 4

Stratos

Banned deucer.
LO Adamant Max Attack Mamoswine usefulness vs. anything not named thundurus or fricking slow-ass wall:

I dare you to find one.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Posting on vacation in the middle of the night on someone else's phone to say I totally bailed Thundurus's ass out :)

Alice

The worst taste in music
Just putting it out there, Nasty Plot doesn't care about priority.
Yes, it does care, you CAN'T stop thundurus setup with taunt or choicetrick (trick him a scarf please, LOL), and that matters more than you think...

LO Adamant Max Attack Mamoswine usefulness vs. anything not named thundurus or fricking slow-ass wall:

I dare you to find one.
Kills other fragile revenge killers, kills steels (even skarm can be killed with just a single flinch or critical hit, and since flinching rate is high, you have a good chance at it), and makes stuff hard to switch in (like levitators or flying types, it even puts a good dent on non-bulky rotom-w)

I use it and many times it has been my mvp. And I've found out that this meta is sort of mamo-weak, not because it directly threatens most of the top tier pokemon, but due to the fact that allows hard hitters to be a lot more dangerous (for example, killing special defensive jirachi or t-tar makes Latios a menace)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Meh, Garchomp's banning was so anti-climactic this time.

If Dream World Garchomp is released, its much more likely that Sand Veil and Snow Cloak will be banned under evasion clause, rather than just Sand Veil Garchomp.
Yeah, then we lose Garchomp in DPPt Ubers, Froslass in DPPt and Cacturne in ADV/DPPt, as Evasion Clause is universal. No.

At least Garchomp can always be retested when Rough Skin is released. No one should really have any dispute with that since the only thing ive seen is "Sand Veil makes it too much" or at least i hope lol. :\

Also what i wanted to ask, in regards to SmashPassing. What do we do next round if Reach wont let us complex ban it and we feel its still broken ? I mean it was nominated alot and could of been voted on and if enough people nom it it cant be ignored really, so yeah. :s
Huh have you forgotten how we used to ban things back in DPPt? We banned the pokémon. If reachzero doesn't want any complex bullshit, then we nominate Huntail/Gorebyss and possibly Smeargle if we find the strategy broken still.

But first we should see what the UU playerbase has to say.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes, it does care, you CAN'T stop thundurus setup with taunt or choicetrick (trick him a scarf please, LOL), and that matters more than you think...
Tricking is a none too reliable strategy anyway, so I don't think that can really be used as an argument. And as for taunt, just out of curiosity, who is there that you would use to Taunt it if you could? Speed Deoxys is about the only one with Taunt who can outspeed it that isn't either scared shitless by it (like Crobat), or stupid to use taunt on it (ie Weavile). If Speed Deo were incredibly common, it would be a different story, but it is not. So I guess while saying that NP doesn't care at all about prankster is a bit of an overstatement, in the long run, the benefit it gains from in is near zero compared to all its other qualities.

Posting on vacation in the middle of the night on someone else's phone to say I totally bailed Thundurus's ass out :)
I don't understand not banning something that's obviously broken. Now we have to wait another month or two to have a decent shot at having a even far from balanced metagame.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I have a feeling that there will also be half a month worth of pages of people complaining and wanting Chomp back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)