Not what you were expecting...

I can't think of much, really, but you introduced me to a number of different songs and that changed my taste in music for the better, in my opinion. Thanks.

Later dudes. I'm retiring.
i read this.

Obviously, I'm not gone forever.
then this. sigh of relief

my most vivid memory? well, im not that visible of a member of this community, as much as i would like to be, but i do remember some things, but what i remember the most was the thread about job interviews that you usurped from steelix and made it into a lets ask uncle doommullet about job advice, and i suppose asking you for advice was useful (like, real life useful, which is hard to find in online communities)
but of course, since i'm not a very visible member, i would like to use this post to ask a question that i wouldnt PM you for;
after the change to lutao, do i still reference you as DM?
but then again, it becomes a redundant question since you are leaving :S
well, i just wanted you to know thats what i would have asked, had i been on more closer terms with you

well, i suppose, i'd like to say bye bye and all that, even if you dont know me, its always nice to be loved

i remember you recommending me the cure - bloodflowers, and since then i never doubted your taste in music. thank you.

this probably isnt my most memorable experience i have of you dm, so i will keep on posting to see any more. :)

DM, we've got a pretty weird history together. We got off on what I guess was the wrong foot, but I think that most of that is pretty much my fault. I was an easily provokable, immature douche nozzle, and I don't really blame you for layin' down the law.

Although to my recollection we haven't really had many long conversations, or really gotten to know one-another that well, I just thought I'd say that I do think you're a cool dude, and I do respect you. In fact, the only reason I stayed at SmoCon to like 11:00 was 'cause I wanted to meet you. Although I haven't exactly been a Grade A poster since then (as you've pointed out via PM to me one or more times), but I'd like to think I've improved a bit at least in that I'm not quite as much of a douchebag.

It seems trite and cliché, but you'll always have a place here at Smogon, and the community will miss you sorely.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
You've already talked about this in some other thread but man I'll always remember our first internet meeting. You posting what I would call "Baby's First Indie Rock" and me attacking you out of fear of not being the only indie kid.

hahahahhahaha I can't believe I got worked up over that. Fortunately, you proved cooler than myself and we have become friends. You're actually the only smogoner on my facebook account. :O!

Keep in touch Bojak.

I remember when you were battling Doomsday challenge cup. Me, Roy and maybe Jackal were watching and thumpsday was fucking losing! Then at some point your pokemon was low on health and Roy and me were like "SWITCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SO YOU GET A 6-0""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" But you didn't fucking switch and beat the portulol 5-0 only. You're stupid.

this might sound a bit too emotional or something and the fact that i dont think we had any "memorable moments" but I know that it would sometimes make my day whenever we had a chance to talk. this kind of makes me regret how much we didnt talk in a long while, but best of luck with your priorities.

The most memorable experience involving you would have to be the fact that I photoshopped an image so that it depicted a penguin with a mullet for your "leaving post". I can't remember why.
I also saved it stupidly as a .gif and noticed the dithering.

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I never thought I'd say this but:

I accept the CC loss from last year when you went onto NetBattle. Congrats.

this thread made me realize how little i know everyone here even though i've been here for a while. the only real memorable moment i have from you is when i received two infractions simultaneously from you and some other mod for the same post but it was deleted so i had no idea what i did wrong.

it took me awhile to narrow it down, but i'm gonna have to say my favourite experience with you was when we discussed opera. you were one fucking hell of an amazing guy before that, and finding out that you also appreciated opera just... blew my mind.

somehow i dont think youre really gone, but you'll always be my favourite smogoner. non-pokemon players unite!

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
My favorite DM moment was when we were talking in IRC about law & criminal justice and you going to law school, and shortly before we were talking about your guitar playing skills. At this point someone, I think it was me, coined the "strings of justice"!

You were like one of the first people to reply to my early topics when I first joined smogon. You always seemed and will always be a nice guy. No Joke.

You acknowledged me in one of your milestone posts. I was honored.

Take care man!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)