Normal types- as strong as Whitney's miltank (and then some)

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You can always consider running Double Edge and Return for the time being. It's a Gen III move tutor, but I'm pretty sure it's compatible with all of its moves & Intimidate.

I tried out Togetic a while back, and I must say, despite it's horrendous speed stat, it is a huuuuuge troll with Serene Grace Tri Attack.

I have to chime in and agree on just how awesome Choice Scarf Tauros is. I use Sheer Force on mine, as it gives it a chance to OHKO things like Sawk and Braviary with a little help from Stealth Rock. Even without Intimidate, it also has enough bulk to take a Sucker Punch from Choice Band Absol after SR except on a max damage roll and possibly KO back with SR damage.

Tauros @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 216 Spd / 252 Atk / 40 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake / Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Climb

The EVs in Speed are enough to outrun up to and including positive-natured base 105s with Scarf, and also outruns things like Timid Shell Smash Gorebyss. The leftover EVs went into HP for overall bulk. Rock Climb is for Sheer Force-boosted STAB, Zen Headbutt hits Sawk and Haunter, Rock Slide hits Pinsir, Braviary and Rotoms (and both those move get Sheer Force boosts for the possible 1hkos!), and Earthquake or Pursuit are mainly filler moves.

Is it just me, or is Sap Sipper Miltank the best mon in NU right now?

She hard counters Amoonguss, which is ridiculously useful, that base 100 speed is godly in this meta, and STAB Double-Edge OHKOs seemingly everything, even with Jolly, and while having enough bulk to withstand a Cinccino Tail Slap (and if you switch in on Bullet Seed, well!)

Plus, she can heal and cleric on the same set, even while playing offensively. I've been using a hybrid attacker/healer set and it is easily the single most indispensable member of my team. Thing averages 2 kills a game, at least.
No, it's not just you. I was running Scrappy on 'Tank before but with Sap Sipper she's even better. Not only does she hard counter Amoonguss(as you said) but she's also a great teammate with Alomomola. I run my 'Tank set with Return holding LO and man, she hits hard even without the attack boost. I expect Miltank's usage to get a decent boost.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Girafarig @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Baton Pass

This seems like a pretty cool Pokemon that's been completely swept under the rug. Sap Sipper is great in this metagame, and Girafarig has some neat advantages over Sawsbuck and Miltank. Unlike the former, it can take Poison-type attacks, not being 2HKO'd by Amoonguss' Sludge Bomb even at +0, while Calm Mind lets it take them even better. Unlike the latter, it can threaten Amoonguss and other Grass-types offensively, and can secure momentum using Baton Pass. Girafarig will almost always be able to set up a Calm Mind when it switches into a Grass-type, and can then Baton Pass +1 Atk, SpA, and SpD to anything it wants, such as Emboar or Samurott. Meanwhile, Psychic and Signal Beam give it coverage options that no other Sap Sipper really has; OHKOing Exeggutor in particular is nice. Being immune to Ghost-typing is also very cool for a Psychic type. Hell, even Absol and Skuntank aren't issues when you can just Baton Pass out of them. I'd really love to see this Pokemon being used more effectively, I really think it could have potential. Definitely a candidate for the next Research Group!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)