Monotype No stress with G-Moltres - SS Monotype Flying Team

Dieu Amphibien

I COULD BE BANNED!
:ss/dragonite: :ss/zapdos-galar: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/thundurus-therian: :ss/celesteela: :ss/moltres-galar:

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 116 HP / 140 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Zapdos-Galar @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Thunderous Kick
- Throat Chop

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Moltres-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Hurricane
- Fiery Wrath
- Nasty Plot

Introduction

Hi everyone, I was a bit bored, and I decided to post here one of my favorite teams of the moment. I might try to post more teams here if I don't forget.​
The team I present here is a Mono Flying, which I used a lot (so much that my french friends hate it now :psycry:) it aims to abuse the power of the Flying type in the current meta which can beat almost anything, if you play well enough. This is my first team presentation, so I apologize in advance if it is not very optimal, and I also apologize for the potential English mistakes (english isn't my native language).

Team Breakdown

:ss/dragonite:
Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 116 HP / 140 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
To start the team, I want to present my Pokemon with which I wanted to build the team: the Roost-Dragon Dance Sweeper Dragonite. This Dragonite is really a dangerous Pokemon for a lot of Match-Ups, starting with Dragon, where it can for example set up itself on Fishious Rend of Dracovish, or even on Draco-Meteor of Dragapult or Hydreigon at -2, it should be noted that its spread allows it to be sure to OHKO Kyurem SubRoost after a Dragon Dance with Dragon Claw. This set also puts a lot of strain on Mono Electric which is supposed to have a good Match Up vs Fly, but not with this Dragonite which will be able to set up itself on many Electric attacks, and abuse Roost which makes it both Multiscale and gives it Electric resistance on the healing turn. Even burned by Rotom for example, he can still easily set up two Dragon Dance which is enough to be almost sure to kill Tapu Koko and Zeraora after the Stealth Rock with Earthquake. It is also very good against Rains and Water in general. If you play well between Roost, Dragon Dance and Multiscale, this Dragonite will be dangerous against almost all Match Ups.

:ss/zapdos-galar:
Zapdos-Galar @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Thunderous Kick
- Throat Chop
After Dragonite, I would like to introduce Zapdos-G, which is the second Pokemon for which I built this team. I play it here with a set that Trichotomy presented to me: Sub + Bulk up. Having tested a lot the Scarf and Band Zapdos-G sets, I finally prefer this placement set. It offers a lot of possibilities to sweep the Mono Steel or Dark, by placing with Sub and Bulk Up especially on Ferrothorn or Mandibuzz for example. Throat Chop is there to have a good neutral coverage, which allows you to hit Aegislash very efficiently (note that for Aegislash, Defiant increases your attack when you hit a King Shield with Throat Chop, so against Aegislash, the best is to place a Sub, let it take the attack, then hit Throat Chop once the Aegislash is in offensive mode and is therefore vulnerable and cannot King Shield at the risk of increasing your attack) and Jirachi in Steel. His spread allows him to tank a Triple Axel band from Weavile under Sub and after a Bulk Up. Otherwise, it is useful in most Match Ups, where it can set up on some defensive Pokemon that don't hit it hard enough.

:ss/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
Now comes the turn of the Scarf, which is Landorus-T. It allows first of all to bring an Electric immunity to the team, as well as the Stealth Rock which are easy to place on an opponent switch for example and which can possibly bait a non Scarf Landorus in the most credulous opponents. He is played here as an offensive pivot, with U-Turn complementing well with Volt Switch from Thundurus, he has his STAB Earthquake, and Stone Edge completing the coverage very well. It hits fast and hard, can revenge kill as well as pivot. Useful in all Match-Ups, especially those weak or without Ground resistance.

:ss/thundurus-therian:
Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
I opted for a Thundurus-Therian offensive pivot set, with 4 attacks, it brings another electrical immunity, it brings Volt Switch which complements Landorus' U-turn very well. It also brings a very good Match Up against Mono Water where it hits all Water types super effectively with Thunderbolt + Grass Knot (except Dracovish and Kingdra). Dark Pulse is there to bring a little coverage, very useful to hit other Thundurus, Ghost types (especially Dragapult) and some Psy types like Mew Stallbreaker which can be annoying for the team. Toxic can nevertheless be an option for those who don't like Dark Pulse.

:ss/celesteela:
Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
Here, a Celesteela Leech Seed + Protect, quite classic, played full SpeDef to tank the Ice Beam / Freeze Dry of Kyurem, Flamethrower of Nidoking or Thunderbolt Tapu Lele for example. Really classic, and very good in all Match Ups to stall your opponent and temporize the game. And it adds a powerful STAB Steel which helps against the Match Up Fairy which is otherwise quite annoying.

:ss/moltres-galar:
Moltres-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Hurricane
- Fiery Wrath
- Nasty Plot
Finally, the Moltres-Galar which brings another Pokemon that can set up, very dangerous for most of the current meta because of the few Pokemon resistant to the Dark type currently. Moltres-Galar brings there a very favorable Match Up against the Psychic and Ghost types. At the beginning, I was playing it with Sub instead of Hurricane (and with the Leftovers instead of the Boots), I finally decided to put Hurricane so that the team can benefit from a STAB Fly, even if this one is according to me not particularly important, it makes it possible to pass Pokemon like Urshifu, Weezing-Galar or still the other Moltres-Galar; while bringing a more powerful attack than Fiery Wrath, which can't miss under Rain, which makes the Rain Water Match Up better than it was.

Threat List

:ninetales-alola: :darmanitan-galar: :weavile: :mamoswine: :avalugg: :kyurem: Logically, the Ice type is the hardest to pass, Darmanitan Scarf, Weavile Band, Mamoswine, Glastrier... are almost unmanageable, especially since Celesteela is SpeDef and not Def, nevertheless, Celesteela can both stall well and hit hard with Heavy Slam, Zapdos-Galar can, if the opponent has trouble dealing with you, set up himself on Avalugg. But the Match Up remains almost unwinnable if the opponent plays well, however the Ice type remains quite rare.

:hippowdon: :mamoswine: :nidoking: :excadrill: The Sand teams are the 2nd biggest threat, Hippodown is hard to pass and places the Stealth Rocks and the Sand which kills the team slowly, while preventing the sweepers from placing thanks to Whirlwind. However, Celesteela can place Leech Seed on it to heal itself or another Pokemon in the team. Excradrill under the sand can also be a threat with Band / Sword Dance + Rock Slide and Iron Head, however Celesteela can handle it, and Landorus and Zapdos can revenge kill it. Nidoking hits the whole team super efficiently, but it's still slower than all the Pokemon in the team except Dragonite and Celesteela; Celesteela can tank two Flamethrower thanks to its EVs and Landorus OHKOs it with Earthquake, just like Dragonite at +1.
Band / Life Orb Mamoswine is a big threat because he has 0 switch in the team, but remains quite slow and tanks quite badly the attacks of the whole team, especially the Heavy Slam of Celesteela.
The gameplan against Ground is to try to keep Celesteela as alive as possible because it manages the most Pokemon, Moltres-Galar also hits very hard on Ground with Fiery Wrath which doesn't have many switch in, and can be placed on Gastrodon. Note that Dragonite is not very useful, and can be sacrificed on Mamoswine or Nidoking.

:pelipper: :barraskewda: :dracovish: :kingdra: Rains are problematic without Mantine in the Mono Flying, even if Dragonite can easily tank water attacks under rain and heal himself to abuse his ability, he will have trouble against Barraskewda who will Flip Turn on him and bring Kingdra or Dracovish Scarf for the revenge kill. You should try to take as many kills as possible with Thundurus when there is no rain, and try to abuse Dragonite to stall the rain, and maybe try to set up.

:klefki: :azumarill: With Klefki's screens, Azumarill can place a Belly Drum, and sweep the team with Aqua Jet, only Dragonite can tank Aqua Jet + outspeeding the Azumarill, and deals around 40% damage with Earthquake (without Reflect), so the best solution is to prevent Azumarill to set up by threatening it with Thundurus or Landorus for example, and deal some damage for that Dragonite can Revenge Kill the Azumarill.

I hope you enjoy the team, I originally just wanted to build a team with Galarians birds and Dragonite with this set that I like so much, and I realize that it is very flexible and cool to play, so I use it quite often. Feel free to give feedback on the team, ask questions about it, find improvements to make on it or show replays you've done with it!
Shoutout Trichotomy for the Zapdos-G set

Shoutout Rinda who helped me to adjust the Dragonite spread

Shoutout Maki because I copied exactly the same post structure as this team showcase he did :blobwizard:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)