Nightmares of a New Age (Hyper-Offense to the next level)

How well does this team portray the current metagame?

• Total voters

*$Nightmares of a New Age$*

Introduction

Hey, It's Steel with another RMT. This is my first competitive 5th generation team. This team was originally made around Deoxys-A, however that changed when I started to see the real power of Darkrai. Deoxys-A was just way too frail, and it didn't have the perk of rendering one of my opponents useless. Darkrai actually has decent bulk, and can be even more dangerous than Deoxys-A because of Dark Void. Well, of course the 5th generation brought a whole lot of new things to it, many of them game-changing, some of them not so much.

The rise of Mach Punch, Roobpushin and the whole slew of new Fighting types limits Darkrai it a bit. I have taken many measures to make sure that won't happen. It's still one of the best Pokemon the Black and White metagame has to offer. It's just too good to pass up. My team focuses around Darkrai, and makes it able to face off against most of it's counters.. Darkrai and the other Pokemon on the team love entry hazards, and that's what really helps out the team in numerous ways. In this team, I emphasize Darkrai's decent bulk as oppose to it's sheer power.

Oh and If you wondering why I put the spare EVs in Special Defense, rather than some other stat, it's because then Download users will get a Attack boost, rather than a Special Attack boost.

A closer look..........

The Lead

@

***Calze6***
Deoxys-S (N) @
Colbur Berry

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/6 SpD/252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
Spikes
Stealth Rock
Magic Coat/
Taunt
Knock Off

---
General info

This lead that I created, has done very well. Deoxys-S, is the optimal lead for this particular team since it prevents my opponent to lay their entry hazards, and makes it easy to lay mine. This is the best lead in the game to set up spikes. Spikes is extremely important to my team since it forces switches very easily. The move set is essentially standard for the most part. I generally set up as much Stealth rock+spikes as I can, or If I think they will Taunt me, I will Magic Coat them, or I Knock Off their item, especially on things with Shed Shell, so Shandera can easily trap and annihilate them. As for the item, I seriously don't why people are using sashes because Fake Out leads render them useless, as does weather conditions.

This team utilizes the Colbur berry, so that I can lay two layers against Tyrannitar (Even against Choice Band variants), and Zoroark. Deoxys-S has decent bulk, with defenses of 50/90/90. With 252 HP EVs, there really isn't a lot of Pokemon that will OHKO it, this Deoxys has been known to survive a Scarfed Scizor U-turn before. This lead gets at least 2 layers of entry hazards, with the exception of Misdreavous Heart, Deoxys-A, and Dragonite leads. I changed it so it has both entry hazards, because it wouldn't fit on the rest of my team.

Considered Changes

Possibly Mental Herb, though that's gimmicky. I guess, there's always the standard Focus Sash.

-----

The Dynamic Duo

@

***steel dragons***
Birijion (N) @ Leftovers
Ability: Heart of Justice
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Calm Mind
Focus Blast
Giga Drain
Hidden Power [Ice]

---
General info
The first pokemon of my defensive core. I knew I needed a Grass type, and

Considered Changes

-----

The "Lure" and Haxer

@

***Sheetanshu***
Azumarill (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
Aqua Jet
Aqua Tail
SuperPower
Ice Punch

---
General info

Considered Changes

It's optimal, though Hidden Power Fire could be used.

-----

The Encorer

@

***Wobble***
Wobbuffet (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 92 HP/168 Def/248 SpD
Bold Nature (Def, -Atk)
Encore
Counter
Mirror Coat
Safeguard
---
General info
THE most important member of the team, well of course besides Darkrai itself. Many people just don't expect it to be honest. It's main purpose it to help Shaymin-S, Lucario set up much easier, force switches (after it switches out the next turn, once their Pokemon is encored), and to kill Choice Scarfers that really just put a hamper on this team. Darkrai can get past most Choice Scarfers, late game, however Wobbuffet and Shandera make it much easier for my other team members, since very few pokemon have the ability to Darkrai and Shaymin-S without a Choice Scarf.

Choice Scarfers with U-turn/Volt Change can cause quite a few problems though, such as Sazandora, Genosect, Kojondo, Infernape, Flygon, Hildrauma, and those genies. What I usually have to do is bait them not to use U-turn, like set up a Substitute or Nasty Plot, and then switch to Wobbuffet or Shandera to revenge them. Another reason why Wobbuffet is so important is that, it's really my only bulky pokemon. If something manages to set up on me, which fortunately is very rare, then I generally have to sacrifice Wobbuffet to take it out.

Considered Changes

Not much, there not much else Wobbuffet can do. Leftovers is really the best item. I might try out the Custap Berry Destiny Bond set. There a few other items I have tested on Wobbuffet such as Mental Herb, to screw up things such as Taunt Gyarados, and type resist berries for specific threats, though they were too situational.

-----

The Spin Blocker/Revenge Killer

@

***Ghostlyinferno***
Shandera (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA/6 SpD/252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
Shadow Ball
Fire Blast
Energy Ball
Hidden Power [Ground]
---
General info
Shandera is one of the most feared Pokemon of this generation. I preferred Gengar over Shandera, however Shadow Tag is too big to pass up, and it can trap and annihilate Scizor, and a large portion of the metagame. Shandera's role is to block any efforts to Rapid Spin since entry hazards critically important, and my Deoxys probably won't have 2 chances to set up Spikes. Shandera also is immune to Fighting and resistant to Bug type moves, so it can easily switch in for Darkrai and deal with the Pokemon that's giving Darkrai trouble.

Hidden Power Ground lets me kill many of the Fire types such as Heatran, Infernape , and Shadow Ball already wrecks Lati@s. Shandera is a great teammate, for Shaymin-S, since I can scout with Substitute, and beat whatever is giving Shaymin-S trouble.

Considered Changes

Possibly a different Hidden Power, or a interesting thought is Memento.

-----

The Nightmare!

@

***Nightmare***
Darkrai (N) @
Chople Berry

Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 HP/60 Def/196 Spe
Dark Void
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Hidden Power [Flying]
---
General info
Darkrai for the win! The best Pokemon in OU currently, except Manaphy in the rain in my opinion. Darkrai was just too good to pass up when I was making this team. Darkrai's role is to bait out and beat most fighting types, and it's the sole Pokemon I made this team around. On the first turn I either Dark Void or Attack, if I know their Pokemon remaining don't really threaten Darkrai.

Late game, Darkrai is nearly unstoppable, especially because I run a Chople Berry, because they usually save their Breloom or Terakion as one of their last Pokemon. It allows Darkrai to get past most of its checks, and complete its rampage. There's not much to say about the move set. Dark Pulse is the good stab move, that has a bonus of flinching, and Focus Blast wrecks most of the Pokemon that Dark Pulse doesn't. The EVs probably seem very odd to you, as you would probably expect a Standard 252/252/6 spread. I'd like to remind you that even with no Special Attack EVs, Darkrai's Special Attack stat is 306! The current EV spread has been very important to this team's success. It makes Darkrai much harder to revenge kill. It makes it that Darkrai can take on the opponent's revenge killers most of the time. Darkrai has 70/90/90 defenses, that are quite underrated. Call me crazy but it works exceptionally well. A Darkrai with this EV spread has similar bulk to Lead Machamp or Garchomp. The EVs let Darkrai to take another role, of being able to take on Life Orb Shaymin-S, and Scarf Latios, and other powerful attackers, while I incapacitate them with Dark Void and beat them. This Darkrai also crushes any last resort options that my opponent has to try to get rid of it. Hidden Power Flying is one of the set's best assets. Hidden power Flying OHKOes Breloom, Heracross (with Stealth Rock), and 2koes Birjion and Shaymin-S. I decided against Nasty Plot, since it just wasn't very useful, and for Darkrai to beat some major threats, such as the aforementioned ones, it needs Hidden Power Flying to do that. I also don't like relying on Focus Blast since it's one of the most unreliable moves in the game besides things such as Zap Cannon and Hypnosis.

Considered Changes

None.

Damage calculations:

OU vs. 252 HP/60 Def/0 SpD Chople Berry Darkrai

Physical Attackers

- Life Orb Technician Adamant Breloom Mach Punch vs 252/60 Chople Berry Darkrai = 41.9% - 49.1%
- Choice Band Jolly Crobat Brave Bird vs 252/60 Chople Berry Darkrai = 67.2% - 79.4%
- Life Orb Naive Deoxys-A Superpower vs 252/60 Chople Berry Darkrai = 55.2% - 65.1%
- Choice Scarf Jolly Garchomp Outrage vs 252/60 Chople Berry Darkrai = 57.8% - 68.3%
- Choice Scarf Jolly Heracross Close Combat vs 252/60 Chople Berry Darkrai = 56.1% - 66.3%
- Agility Life Orb Adamant Lucario Close Combat vs 252/60 Chople Berry Darkrai = 73.3% - 86.3%
- Life Orb Adamant Doryuuzu X-scissor vs 252/60 Chople Berry Darkrai = 75.6% - 89%
- Choice Scarf Adamant Kojondo Hi Jump Kick vs 252/60 Chople Berry Darkrai = 66.6% - 78.8%

Special Attackers

- Scarf Timid Latios Draco Meteor vs 252/0 Chople Berry Darkrai = 71.2% - 83.4%
- Life Orb Timid Shaymin-S Seed Flare vs 252/0 Chople Berry Darkrai = 74.9% - 87.7%
- Life Orb Timid Starmie Hydro Pump vs 252/0 Chople Berry Darkrai = 66.2% - 77.5%
- Choice Specs Modest Lucario Aura Sphere vs 252/0 Chople Berry Darkrai = 68.8% - 80.7%
- Choice Scarf Modest Drizzle Politoed Hydro Pump vs 252/0 Chople Berry Darkrai = 77.3% - 90.3%
- Choice Scarf Timid Shandera Overheat vs 252/0 Chople Berry Darkrai = 76.7% - 89.8%

As you can see, theirs barely anything that can effectively revenge kill this Darkrai. The pokemon that can such as Scarf Genosect, and Scarf Heracross, absolutely get murdered by Scarf Shandera, as it can easily take a Bug Buzz or Megahorn and OHKO back.

-----

Conclusion

I wanted to make a team, that represented what the 5th generation metagame like, a snapshot, you could say of what the first few hectic months were like, and I feel like I've succeeded. With the Suspect testing, in just a few weeks, I wanted to use Pokemon before they possibly will be banned to Ubers. A few members of this team, appear to be of few of the candidates up for an uncertain future, and I'm glad I got to use them when I could.

If you take anything away from this RMT, I'd like it be that many times, the Standard EV spreads, are often NOT that way to go, you should create customized EV Spreads when making a team. One of the main reasons I've gotten so far with this team, it's because the EVs let me accomplish this team's goals. Another thing is that Items and Moveset are also other huge factors. Specifically, type-resist berries can give some Pokemon a new lease on life. Don't be afraid to think outside the box. I have found Hidden Power, Fling, Natural Gift, and other situational items incredibly healthful. You need to have a team strategy that utilize these things to your best advantage, not just stick 6 random Pokemon together and call it day.

This team has been very successful, and has reached immense ratings, with at least 90% win ratio, the other 10% mainly due to Hax, server D/cs, and lag. This team focuses on entry hazards and sheer offensive pressure in order to win. To note, many Hyper-Offensive teams like this are usually quite weak to fast special sweepers (Gengar, Choice Specs Jolteon, Life Orb Starmie). That is true for this team as well. I do have variety of ways of how I can get past various threats. Darkrai can take a hit and hit back with Dark Void or If I know they not faster than me, then I can set up a Nasty plot, and then go from there.

Former members of the team

***Ghostly***
Gengar (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA/6 SpD/252 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Destiny Bond

***Lizard***
Salamence (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 28 Atk/228 SpA/252 Spe
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast

***WishFlinch***
Jirachi (N) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SpD
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Zen Headbutt
- U-Turn

***Wall***
Suicune (N) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/68 Def/188 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def,-Atk)
- Rest
- Surf
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

***Powercreep***
Deoxys-A (N) @ Liechi Berry
EVs: 252 Atk/6 SpD/252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk,-SpA)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Zen Headbutt

***DracoSpam***
Latios (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/196 Def/60 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def,-Atk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Memento
- Dragon Pulse

Team Building Process

Well, I made this team around Darkrai, so it's the first and most important member of the team. Now, I need pokemon to take out all of Darkrai's counters.

I knew I had to make a threat list of Darkrai's problem pokemon, and how I will able to deal with it.

I chose Wobbuffet because it can easily deal with any fighting types that might trouble Darkrai. It also traps and gets rid of most scarfers, and lets Darkrai Set up much easier.

Shaymin-S was now chosen since it also pairs very well with Wobuffet, and it further checks most fighting types and Heracross to a extent.I chose the Subseed set because it forces switches like crazy and I can scout for any potential scarfers.

I had to add something that could eliminate Scizor and Genosect, and I also needed a Spinblocker, because I wanted to employ hazards since Darkrai and Shaymin-S force switches very easily.

I now had a problem with Dark types, and Lucario was the way to go, since it pairs very well with Wobbuffet, since not much can stop it after a Nasty Plot.

Deoxys-S was finally chosen as the lead because it can prevent others from setting up, which really helps Shaymin-S and Shandera to excel at their roles. Deoxys-S also starts out the momentum of my team to be fast paced with lots of switches. Against many leads, Deoxys-S can set up a few layers or eliminate them with the help of Knock Off+Shandera.

Darkrai Threat List

Scizor: Shandera can trap it and OHKO, Lucario causes massive damage with Close Combat, Wobbuffet can take a hit if it needs to. Shaymin-S can usually deal with it, If it's already behind a Sub.

Threat Level:***

Genosect: Pretty much the same as Scizor, but it attack from the Special side of things. I have made sure it will never get a download boost from any of the team members. Rock Polish variants can cause trouble, however, Shandera can usually take a hit, and OHKO back. Wobbuffet can take a hit if it needs to and OHKO back with Mirror Coat.

Threat Level:****

Machamp: Ah....Machamp how I hate you soo much. These things are no wear as common as they were back in the last generation. Shaymin-S and usually force it out and set up a Substitute or just flinch the heck out of it with Air Slash. Lucario and also finish it off with Close Combat if the need arises. Wobbuffet is a great counter as well since Payback is only 50 base power.

Rooshpushin: These things are usually a bit worse than Machamp, except for that No Guard Dynamic Punch. Wobbuffet and Shaymin-S can deal with it. Wobbuffet can just encore it, so Shaymin can set up a Substitute and flinch the heck out of it. It can also Just Counter it to. Shandera can also pick it off.

Shaymin-S: I listed this as a threat since the Specs versions have a good chance of OHKOing Darkrai after Stealth Rock. Shandera can trap and OHKO with Fire Blast. Lucario can usually finish it off with Extremespeed, while my own Shaymin-S can switch in a Seed Flare and OHKO back with Air Slash. Wobbuffet can also Mirror Coat it.

Heracross: They are quite rare, but dangerous nonetheless. Shandera can switch in and beat it with Fire Blast. Lucario can switch in on a Megahorn, while Shaymin-S and Wobbuffet can switch in on a Close Combat and proceed to KO it.

Primeape: Even easier than Heracross, since it doesn't have Megahorn and it's much frailer. Shandera traps it and OHKOes it, Wobbuffet traps it, Koes with Counter, Shaymin-S Air Slashes it, Lucario can revenge kill it if its at around 50% or lower.

Threat Level:**

Suicune: I listed this as a threat since iT can be quite annoying at times. If It dares to set up, then Wobbuffet can Encore it, and then Shaymin-S can deal with it. If its low enough, Lucario or Shandera can take it out.

Gyarados: The Rest Talk versions are the ones that trouble Darkrai. I usually just hit it with whatever I got, or set up on it in order to take it down.

Ulgamoth: My entry hazards wreck it, while Lucario can beat it if it's at half or below. Shandera and Shaymin-S also do quite well.

Breloom: Haha, I really don't like this thing. Shaymin-S can easily take it on, and OHKO it. Lucario and Shandera can also eliminate it easily.

Blaziken: One of the larger threats though manageable. It depends on what the move set it. I love to bait with Darkrai, and then switch to Shandera and then finish it off. Wobbuffet and Lucario can Counter/Encore it, or Extremespeed it.

Ditto: Not too bad actually. My few set up sweepers, Lucario and Darkrai can beat it, even if it copies that boosts. Shandera, Wobbuffet and Lucario take it on easily.

Blissey/Chansey: Lucario sets up on it, Wobbuffet makes it a Set Up Foddler, Deoxys-S Knocks Off it's item, Shaymin-S can stall it out with Leech Seed.

Jolteon: Choice Specs Thunder in the rain really hurts. Not much can take a hit. Wobbuffet can Mirror Coat. Lucario, and Shandera can pick it off. If Deoxys-S is still around it can Knock it Off. Darkrai will survive most of the time after Stealth Rock, and Dark Void it.

Deoxys-A/Deoxys : Fairly manageable. Lucario easily beats it, Darkrai can take anything it has, and OHKO back. Wobbuffet can deal with it to, and my own Deoxys can Knock Off it's Life Orb and it will be easier to deal with it.

Agirudda: It can't really do anything to Shandera, while it OHKOes back. Lucario can easily revenge kill it. Shaymin-S can also easily dispose of it.

Infernape: Haven't seen these in a while. My whole team deals with it well. Shandera, Lucario, Shaymin-S, Wobbuffet easily pick it off.

Lucario: Not that threatening. Shandera easily disposes of it. Wobbuffet beats it with ease, while Darkrai can take anything it has, and OHKO with Focus Blast.

Kojondo: Wobbuffet, Shaymin-S, and Shandera all deal with it very well.

Yanmega: Stealth rock wrecks its, so most times Shandera, and Lucario can pick it off. Shaymin-S survives a Life Orb Bug Buzz most of the time after Stealth rock, and Koes with Air Slash.

Crobat: Shandera, and Lucario, plus Stealth Rock pick it off with ease. Darkrai can take any attack it has even a Choice Band Brave Bird.

Ninjask: Lol...Stealth Rock neuters it. Lucario can finish it off. Deoxys-S, Taunts it, need I say more......

Threat Level:*

Gallade: Shaymin-S and Shandera are my main ways of dealing with it. Shaymin-S does massive damage with Air Slash or Seed Flare. Shandera is the back-up, however a Swords Dance Shadow Sneak OHKOes Shandera after Stealth Rock.

Snorlax: Lucario sets up on it, Shaymin-S stalls it out with Leech Seed, Wobbuffet makes it a set up foddler, or just Counters it.

Regice: Set up foddler, Lucario OHKOes it, Wobbuffet can encore or Mirror Coat it. Shandera does massive damage with Fire Blast. Even, Shaymin-S can beat it, if its behind a Substitute and it's seeded.

Birijion: Shandera and Shaymin-S make it's life a living hell. Shaymin-S Air Slashes it, while Shandera Fire Blasts it.

Kerudio: Not that huge of a threat. Shaymin-S can easily OHKO with Seed Flare, Wobbuffet can also deal with it. Shandera and Lucario can finish it off, if its in low health.

Terakion: Lol.....this thing gets wrecked bad. Wobbuffet can Counter it back for the OHKO. Lucario's Bullet Punch also beats its. Shaymin-S OHKOes with Seed Flare, and Shandera can finish it off. Darkrai can take it on and hit back with Focus Blast.

Toxicroak: Shaymin-S, and Lucario can deal with it well. Lucario can revenge kill it, if its weak enough, while Shaymin-S just Air Slashes it. Wobbuffet can also deal with it.

Kobaruon: Shandera makes quick work of this Pokemon. Wobbuffet can take it on easily, as well. Darkrai can take any attack its has.

Medicham: haha. I love watching it lose half of it's HP, when Shandera comes in. Shandera, Wobbuffet, and Shaymin-S can all deal with it well.

Nageki: One of the worst fighting types to face since it's very bulky. Wobbuffet+Shaymin-S beat it easily. Wobbuffet can Counter or Encore it, While Shaymin-S sets up a Substitute, Seeds it, and Air Slashes it.

Hariyama: See Nageki

Hitmonlee: Very frail, but quite dangerous since it got Unburden with generation. Wobbuffet is my best bet, and can easily Counter back for the OHKO. If Darkrai needs to face it, it will survive anything it's got except Focus Punch. Lucario can KO it if it has less than 75%.

Poliwrath: Shaymin-S OHKOes most variants with Seed Flare, or Wobbuffet, can easily KO it or make it a set up foddler

Hitmontop: It's not getting past Wobbuffet.....ever. I usually switch to Shandera though so I can block the Rapid Spin and do massive damage with Fire Blast. Shaymin-S also deals with it.

Hitmonchan: LOL.....Wobbuffet and Shaymin-S are my tag team. Chan doesn't stand a chance.

Dageki: See Hitmonchan

Enboar: Quite a hard hitter. Wobbuffet man handles it and KOes with Counter. Shaymin-S, Lucario, and Shandera can also finish it off.

Scyther: Shandera, and Shaymin-S quickly dispose of it with Fire Blast and Air Slash.

Shubargo: Shandera burns it to cinders. While Lucario and Shaymin-S deal with it quite well.

Magmortar: Wobbuffet can take anything its got, and KO it back. Shandera, Lucario, and Shaymin-S can finish it off, if it's in low enough health.

Electvire: Nearly my whole team can beat it. Shandera does massive damage with Fire Blast, Shaymin-S does great damage with Seed Flare, and Lucario and take it down with ExtremeSpeed, if it is weak.

Ariados: Haha, pretty easy to beat. Shaymin-S and Shandera OHKO it.

Honchkrow: A larger threat than most. If i'm feeling gutsy, I'll go to Wobbuffet and encore the Sucker Punch and then set up with Lucario, and OHKO it.

Sharpedo: Lucario+Extremespeed, dismaintles it easily. It really depends on what the move set is.

Kingdra: Yeah.......in the rain, this is one of the largest threats to my team. I usually have to sacrifice Wobbuffet or Shaymin-S to take it down. Then Lucario revenge kills it with ExtremeSpeed.

Threat Level:*****

Seaking: FUCK YEAH SEAKING!! In the rain, this pokemon alone can OHKO 5 out of the 6 pokemon of my team. A moveset of Megahorn/Aqua Tail/Ice Beam/Poison Jab with a Life Orb, Naughty/Lonley Nature and EVs of 164 HP/176 Atk/168 Spe, outspeeds all of my pokemon except Deoxys-S, and OHKOes Darkrai, Deoxys-S with Megahorn, OHKOes Lucario, Shandera with Aqua Tail, and OHKOes Shaymin-S with Ice Beam, all OHKOes are guaranteed with Stealth Rock. I could Knock Off the Life Orb with Deoxys-S..........but just saying Seaking is a threat to be reckoned with it.

Kabutops: Another big threat....Darkrai comes to the rescue and can actually take a hit in the rain. My other option is to beat it with Wobbuffet. Luke can also to attempt to KO it with Bullet Punch, it is really weak.

Threat Level:*****

Qwilfish: A little bit easier than some of the swift swimmers. Darkrai once again can take a hit in the Rain and Dark Void it. Wobbuffet is my only other choice. Lucario can pick it off, if its weak.

Ludicolo: Pretty potent, Wobbuffet can take a hit and KO it back. Darkrai can sometimes survive a hit and then put it to sleep and set up.

Huntail/Relicanth/Gorebyss: Just like other the Swift swimmers, however, if it's neutral natured then Shandera can outspeed and OHKO with Energy Ball.

Armaldo: Lucario's Bullet Punch will OHKO after Stealth Rock, and one layer of Spikes. Shandera can also Outspeed it and hit with Shadow Ball.

Tsunbear: A weird pokemon....Bullet Punch will take it down easy. In fact It barely OHKOes after Stealth Rock. Shandera can outspeed neutral natured ones and do massive damage with Fire Blast, it OHKOes with Stealth Rock.

Doryuuzu: It's not a huge threat, because the only thing it can set up on is Shandera locked into a resisted attack. All my other pokemon can deal with it. It almost never sets up on Lucario since I catch the switch ins with Close Combat. Darkrai can survive a hit and OHKO with Focus Blast after one layer of Spikes. Wobbuffet can easily take a unboosted hit a OHKO with counter.

Manaphy:With Rain, my Pokemon to go to is Shaymin-S. It OHKOes most variants with Seed Flare. Due to the EV spread, Shaymin-S has a good shot at surviving a +2 Surf in the Rain after Stealth Rock, as long as Manaphy is Timid Natured and is holding Leftovers or a Wacan Berry. Wobbuffet can also Encore it, or Mirror Coat. Calm Mind Versions are a little but more difficult to deal with. I usually have to Sacrifice Shaymin-S in order to beat it. Outside Rain, Leftovers variants fail to 2KO Darkrai with Surf, even most of the time after Stealth Rock.

Vaporeon: More manageable since It can't really boost it's Special attack. I usually have to sacrifice Shaymin-S in order to take it down. However, most of the time I Encore it with Wobbuffet, and then set up a Substitute with Shaymin-S, and Leech Seed it and then Seed Flare it for the KO. I could stall it I wanted to as well.

Jumpluff: This pokemon is pretty annoying. Though it gets man handled by Wobbuffet, Shaymin-S, and Shandera.

Tangrowth: haha, this thing gets ripped to pieces by Shaymin-S, Air Slashing to death, Shandera OHKOes it easily.

Leafeon: A larger threat than the others. Shandera can switch in on just about any move, and burn it to cinders. Wobbuffet, and Shaymin-S beat easily to.

Meganium: yet another set up foddler. Wobbuffet easily beats it or Encores it so that Shaymin-S beats the heck out of it.

Doreida: Have seen this in a while, Shaymin-S beats it easily or forces it out and sets up a Substitute. Lucario sets up on it.

Venusaur: A pretty big threat. Wobbuffet is usually my go to pokemon as it can take thing anything its got, but many have Sleep Powder. Shandera can take a hit and take it down with Fire Blast.

Victeebel: A little but easier to deal with since it is frailer, But it has Sucker Punch to beat Shandera. Shaymin-S can screw it up, As long as it doesn't have Hidden Power Fire.

Exeggutor: aack......this thing is beastly in the sun. Shandera will easily OHKO with Fire Blast. Shaymin-S can handle if it doesn't have Hidden Power Fire.

Shiftry: Lucario easily scares it off and set ups, or just Close Combats it. Shaymin-S can out predict the Sucker punch, set up a Substitute, and then Air Slash it.

Erufuun: They usually have no attacking moves, so I just send in Shaymin-S because it's immune to Leech Seed, and easily take it down.

Volbeat: Volbeat is insane since it has Tail glow+Baton Pass, both of +1 priority. yeah, not fun. Lucario can usually set up on.

Choice Scarfers: Most of them are handled by Wobbuffet or Shandera. They are very few scarfers that can get past both of them. Scarfed Dark types are set up Lucario, and possibly set up a sweep.

Shoutouts!

(Sorry in advance, If I have misspelled your name, or for some reason didn't include you.)

Team Raters (Heist, Smith, ENZO, Shizzle, Phillip7086, Lucien Lachance, Friar, Faladran, Super Mario Bro, The Legend Killer, Shiny Azelf, George182, KidX, Metanite, Alan, comatthew6, Nesan, giganinja, Forte. EX, Delko)

All of you have helped me greatly, for a few of you, it appears that real life swept you away, or may be its just the school year. Many of these users, are doing pretty well in tournaments. Phillip7086 is also doing a pretty good running the 5th gen tiering.

Ubers (Shrang, Beezelbub, -Mind-, Calze6)

All of them are great Ubers players. While I was gaining experience in the Uber tier, Calze6 was especially helpful. Some of Shrang's sets are pretty cool two.

Midde Cup (Duck 92, Nixhex, Tawn 64, Optimuse, Dracoyoshi8)

Many of them, have helped me get into this new tier, where I have excelled at it. Nixhex in particular, has been a great Admin.

Miscellaneous (Wario is OSSiM, X-act, Cathy, Locopoke, Jumpluff, Gen/Admin Empoleon, Ulevo)

Quite a few of these users aren't at that peak activity right now (a few have left). Many of them have made huge contributions to Smogon. especially Cathy, X-act, and Jumpluff. X-act's programs have been really helpful to me creating new Ev spreads. Oh and Locopoke your included since you mentioned me in your thread.

Team Uber (Scimjara, Sephira, Saiko, Dimes, Tony32, PLDH-majesan, steel dragons, Curtains, Sheetanshu, Glen)

A big thanks to everyone at Team Uber!, I'd just like to make clear that if you wondered why your name is under TU, iit's because I first met you there. Also, of note, me and steel dragons are different people. I'd like to thank Sheetanshu, steel dragons, Tony32, and PLDH-majesan for really helping immensely with prediction and there were some pretty epic battles along with it to! ^_^

One Last Glance:

Changes (updated 2010-12-25)

• Changed Lucario to Birijion
  • Changed Shaymin-S to Azumariil.
  • Changed Shandera's Hidden Power to Ground.
  • Changed Darkrai's EV spread to 252 HP/60 Def/196 Spe and swapped Nasty Plot for Hidden Power Flying.

Overall Threat List

Offensive Threats

Aakeosu -

Aerodactyl -
Agirudaa -

Azelf -
Baffuron -

Birijion -
Blaziken -
Borutorosu -

Breloom -

Daikenki -
Darkrai -
Deoxys-A -
Deoxys-S -
Denchura -

Doredia -

Doryuuzu -
Dragonite -

Electivire -

Empoleon -
Enbuoo -

Flygon -

Garchomp -
Gengar -
Genosect -
Goruugu -

Gyarados -

Heatran -
Heracross -

Hihidaruma -
Infernape -
Jarooda -
Jirachi -

Jolteon -

Kerudio -

Kingdra -

Kirikizan -
Kojondo -
Kobaruon -

Kyurem -

Latios -
Lucario -

Machamp -

Magnezone -

Mamoswine -

Meloetta-S -
Metagross -

Nageki -

Ninjask -
Ononokusu -

Randorosu -
Rankurusu -
Roobushin -
Roserade -

Salamence -
Sazandora -
Scizor -

Shandera -
Shaymin -
Shaymin-S -
Shibirudon -

Shubarugo -

Smeargle -

Starmie -

Terakion -
Togekiss -

Torunerosu -

Tyranitar -
Urugamosu -

Victini -
Warubiaru -
Weavile -

Zeburaika -

Zoroark -
Zuruzukin -

Defensive Threats

Blissey -

Bronzong -
Burungeru -
Celebi -

Chansey -
Deoxys-D -
Desukaan -
Dusknoir -
Erufuun -
Forretress -

Gigaiasu -

Gliscor -

Hippowdon -

Latias -
Mamanbou -
Nattorei -

Porygon2 -
Rotom-A -
Skarmory -

Snorlax -
Suicune -
Swampert -
Tentacruel -

Vaporeon -
Vuljiin
a -
Zapdos -

I'm sorry I'm not really helping, but if you don't mind, I must say, this definetely portrays the current metagame in all its glory... And tbh, I'm quite sure that's not good.

What I must advise you, is that when the ban hammer drops, you'll have to build you team almost from scratch. I say almost because your lucario is a good start for a team, from there you can work on synergies, pokemons that for example, buy him some time to set-up, unless you choose a CB set, CS set or a Scarfed one. Btw, from my own experience, I can tell you that CB Lucario can work pretty well as a late-game sweeper, if you consider it.

I agree. As effective as it is right now, I don't see much of a point when half your team is going to be banished to ubers very soon. I think Deoxys-S is likely to stay.

I mean really, there isn't much to say aside form Shaymin-S/Darkrai/10.

Also, since when is 0-5 considered "average"? lol

I find it somewhat funny that you voted "Perfect" on your own poll.

Anyway, your team is good but you're basically just abusing a lot of broken Pokemon which is almost what every 5th gen team is doing now.

While this does look like a good team and Darkrai does look like a pretty neat set, you have huge issues with Heatran and other fire-types. A simple Heatran can come in against Deoxys, Shanderra, and walls Shaymin's entire set. Darkrai won't be doing too much with Focus Blast either. Once Heatran is in, only Darkrai and Shanderra live attacks from it. Sunny Day teams in general pose a huge threat, and something like a simple Venusaur can actually sweep your team. Another Pokemon, Blaziken, as well as Infernape provide huge issues to the team as well, although I am unsure of how common the latter is in Dream World play. You also have a nasty weakness to Doryuuzu. There aren't many options I can see to resolve these issues by replacing one member of your team, and I actually spent a few good minutes thinking about it. A defensive Latias stands out as the closest thing to checking them all. It beats Heatran, Infernape and Venusaur [after something has taken the sleep] as well as checking Shadow Claw-less Blaziken. Unfortunately, I can really only see that replacing Shaymin-S, who, according to yourself, is the most devistating member of your team. In order to solve the Dory problem, you could consider a Roopushin over Lucario, or perhaps changing to a Nasty Plot version.

Latias @ Leftovers
Timid | Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Dragon Pulse / Surf / Reflect or Hidden Power Fire / Recover

While it certainly looks unusual, I think it is probably the best option. You could also revert to an offensive variant, if you wanted, which can potentially break through troublesome walls and has the ability to threaten Pokemon such as Tyranitar and Blissey who can annoy Darkrai, as FB wont be doing too much to Tyranitar with 0 SpAtk. Just something to consider..

Good team and good luck!

I would just like to remind you quickly that Lucario gets Hi Jump Kick............just replace CC with it.

for your shandera analysis you said "for tyranitar switch ins." shandera doesnt have any switch ins because of shadow tag. and if it does because of a shed shell, you'd have to know it carries a shed shell and also know they have tyranitar to switch into you. but otherwise, i feel like ive seen this very team about 20 times a day on p-o because everyone does the same thing nowadays. so yeah represents the metagame pretty well

cool team 10/10 but IMO use nasty plot lucario because its satk is higher than its atk and EVERYBODY expects swords dance so you dont need to worry about blissey very much

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thank you.

Forgive me for the brief rate, but I lost my post when my laptop shut off last night.

Hey STEELDRAGON, thanks for including me in your shout-out! I've played with this team myself, and the only notable change I've made to this team was replacing Lucario with Roobushin. I used this set:

Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 68 HP / 224 Atk / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

It takes care of Doryuuzu and can take a few special attacks from things like Vaporeon. This Roobushin doesn't care about status effects like paralysis or burns. The only inducible status that actually annoys Roobushin is Toxic Poison.

The spreads you gave the Pokemon on this team are tremendous.

Doryuzuu wrecks this team. It outspeeds everything, and almost OHKO's everything. Rain teams seem pretty difficult to take on too. There are multiple swift swimmers I can think of that can sweep most of your team. I would start off by replacing Lucario with Roopushin, who can take a few hits and Mach Punch things to death. Once Shaymin-S is uber, you can replace it with a Jarooda, who gets +SpA instead of opponent -SpD, which is better in a lot of cases. It can help against rain teams greatly as well.

Hey Steel,
Well this is a pretty cool team and you have provided some nice support for Darkrai to sweep but I feel this team lacks some key elements that are somewhat indispensable for almost any team this gen.I honestly dont understand why very little effort was put to cover some of the most defining play styles of the generation being Weather.Pretty much all SS/Rain teams can effectively break apart the core of this team quite easily from what i see.After a SD Dory can outspeed and effortlessly ohk0 every member of your team with a Simple LO Adamant set.Even Balloon can achieve this after slightly weakening Wob.The easiest way you can solve this is to change Lucario to the Nasty Plot variant.Imo NP Lucario is an inferior set to SD but it has the niche of making a decent Dory check which your team seems to desperately need.The set is
Lucario @ Life Orb
252 S.Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp
Modest
-Nasty Plot
-Aura Sphere
-Vacuume Wave
-Dark Pulse/Hp Ice
Generally i would suggest something in the lines of Robushin/Breloom but the lack of other steels make Lucario somewhat of a necessity.

On the other side Rain is somewhat better checked compared to Sand but due to the generally larger variety of Rain sweepers it shouldn't be too hard for a well played Rain teams to just muscle its way through either.To help with this i would change Skymin to the scarf Vareint.This lets you outspeed almost all Rain sweepers and ohk0 a large portion of them with a super effective or at worst Neutral Seed Flare.

Finally i would honestly change the Darkrai to a simple LO Max/Max varient because quite honestly i dont see any reason what so ever to use Chople.Its somewhat like using a Babiri Berry Tar on a team with a Magnezone which is essentially useless.With a combination of Wob+Shandera i doubt any fighting are gona be alive by the time Darkrai gets to the stage and Skymin is also there for added ensurance.LO helps clean up really well because i honestly found Darkrai to be never quite powerful enough but heh maybe thats just me.

I would also disagree on your idea of portrayal of the metagame.Weather has been by far been the most determening and influencial force currently and it will continue to be so for the whole generation imo.Well anyways I hope i helped and gl with your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)