Sports NHL Thread: 2023-2024 Season

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
So, uh… apparently this is a thing now. Of all the people to start a hockey thread for this season, I wasn’t expecting to be the one to do this, so in advance, I apologize if this is one of my less well put together threads. I can’t make this up- the entire reason I’m doing this is because I was getting ready to stream Monday Night Football when I saw there were freaking hockey games on tonight. And apparently these began, like, last week or something. So, I guess if you’re a big hockey fan, this is the thread for you…? Maybe?

Im just going to give it to you straight- hockey is up there with the NBA and post-merger PGA as one of the, quote, “major sports leagues” that I know the least about. At least in recent years I’ve been focused much more on football, baseball, and soccer in that order. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to learn more about all these leagues, though, especially the NHL. Hopefully through this thread I can try and learn more about the sport, maybe…? Hey, it’s worth a shot. Or should I say, a shot on goal?

I’ll see myself out. Happy posting, everyone.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
reviving this thread for playoffs, i wanted the penguins to win but they suck ass. im cheering for the avs just so i can cheer for someone.
I feel like there’s a few teams that have chance at going far. I think the Canada teams have done better than the past few seasons, and the Atlantic division still has reason to be watched. I’ve seen two teams specifically that multiple sources have said to keep an eye on- the Dallas Stars and the New York Rangers could both make a run.

olivia

bellibolt saleswoman
is a Pre-Contributor
I feel like there’s a few teams that have chance at going far. I think the Canada teams have done better than the past few seasons, and the Atlantic division still has reason to be watched. I’ve seen two teams specifically that multiple sources have said to keep an eye on- the Dallas Stars and the New York Rangers could both make a run.
the avs look like they might be good again, i know nothing about hockey but its fun to watch. rangers have looked like they might become great for a while now, maybe its finally time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)