Carnage (Aerodactyl) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Description: This guy's my quick, and ONLY Stealth Rock setup, after that, he taunts guys like Bronzong who try to set up on me. Rock Slide is for STAB, and EQ is for type coverage.

---

Charge Sproket (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
IVs: 14 Atk/30 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

Description: Here it is folks, the defensive Zapdos! I don't care if u think it's stupid, I find it rather helpful. Bolt for STAB, Heat Wave for scizor, foretress, skarmory, and bronzong, HP Grass covers tyranitar, rhyperior, swampert, and other problematic pokes. Roost is obviously for quick recovery. =D

---

Iron Snake (Steelix) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP/56 Atk/200 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Description: Absorbs Sleep, T-Wave and Toxic. EQ is for STAB to cover Heatran & fire fang is for scizor and bronzong. Rest for healing and sleep talk as a given. The special def EVs help him to survive some hits from fire attacks. The 436 Def is helpful too. He has a possibility of being switched out for heatran later, but im still debating over it.

---

Draco King (Salamence) (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Description: When Garchomp went Uber not too long ago, my heart had a hole in it, and that hole was filled by my buddy Draco King, he's basically a Garchomp with EQ resistance and 5 higher base ATK power. He's got your basic DD + Outrage combo going, and EQ and Fire Blast for more coverage.

---

Grape of Wrath (Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/228 Def/28 SDef
IVs: 30 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Protect
- Wish

Description: This little grape will pwn u if not handled correctly, for those of u that thought my jolt was cool, your gonna love this. She's good Heatran switch-in, while she can recover w/ wish, or just pass it to a teammate. Surf is for STAB, HP Electric is for other vappys and assorted waters.
---

Foot Ninja (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed/Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Description: Finally, Foot Ninja is my only Poke to deal with Blissey. Plus he has good type coverage as well. He now has ice punch to deal with flying types and dragons, and bullet punch as a backup option so he can cover Gengar (thanks for the suggestions guys!).

---

This teams problems are mostly being EQ weak for steelix/heatran, and Luke, I'm trying to find room for heatran, so if u have a good argument why i should use him, please comment. I'm also electric weak on vappy, and dactdyl, and finally ice weak on zapdos, and mence. Please post positive and negative feedback, thanks!

~Images Creditted to Arkeis.com~

-flygon65

wow if you face a scarfed skymin you are basically dead with absolutely no problems. in fact, you're just as bad off against the much more common scarftran, as offensive starmie can only switch in maybe once or twice before he overpowers it. then you've got your basic logyara weakness, as with a dd somewhere he'll basically rip a huge hole in your team before going down. with salamence you've got the same problems, except you also have to worry about the occasional scarfed salamence who does a number to this team.

to deal with all these blatant weaknesses, firstly I suggest you replace your jolteon with a defensive zapdos, pronto. something like roost / tbolt / twave / hp ice. that way you're firing off paras to random things like scarftran who try to get sneaky and switch in. and once all those things are paralysed, they are 1000% easier to deal with. jolteon doesnt' really add anything to the team, as you don't really need wish support or toxic stalling that much, as this team is primarily offensive.

the next thing that has to go is steelix. really, nothing is using sleep moves in this metagame, but everything is using fire moves and whatnot. if you go scarftran > resttalk steelix, you add a bit of revenge killing capability to the team, which is something you lack a bit, but it is key on offensive teams. with scarftran, you have a good switch into the offensive zapdoses that piss you off so much, as well as the mamoswines should you get in on an ice shard. so yea, revenge killing, beating scizor, blah blah

and after all these changes, you are so incredibly vulnerable to twaves its not funny. so probably switch aero to something more durable that can set sr. you can really go any way you want with this, but really stuff like bronzong and metagross that don't mind the para as much are good choices.

as a side note, I've never been a fan of specsmie mainly because of that lackluster special attack. if you slap on a life orb, you can really make much better use of that speed and coverage.

I realize I've pretty much standardized this team, but the changes are logical, and what works works i guess. I'll probably take a much, much closer look later.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You have to also look how absolutly worthless the scarf shaymin is.

With simple predicton you can stall it out, or better yet make it switch. If you really want to be scared of something it is the Sub-Seed Shaymin, much more terrifying honestly.

Though I do agree, Defensive Zapdos would help and possible a fire absorber. Maybe Heatran yourself?

This is a pretty well-built team, with the exception of being weak to Scarf-Heatran, which is becoming incredibly popular these days... If you Starmie gets killed, Heatran could completely rip through you team. However, if this team doesn't lose often, then I see no point in changing it. You just need to predict a little to kill the Heatran, then you pretty much have the game in your hands...
Great team Overall.

I really don't like the movesets. So I'll just sprinkle a little Burst Limit magic on them ^_~.

Taunt on Aerodactyl. Aero doesn't have the attack stat to properly use Pursuit. What does Aero scare anyway? Possibly ape but you have to set up SR and Close Combat is a 2HKO while Ape has a sub.

Jolteon is eww.... Go with EmoJolt allowing you to do some scouting and possibly setting up for a sweep.

I reallly don't advise Steelix in OU. I would try a RestTalk Heatran if you want a status absorber.

I would go with Jolly, Ice Punch, Close Combat, Bullet Punch, Swords Dance. Better sweeping potential and gives you a way to get rid of gengar who gives this team nightmares.

You have to also look how absolutly worthless the scarf shaymin is.

With simple predicton you can stall it out, or better yet make it switch. If you really want to be scared of something it is the Sub-Seed Shaymin, much more terrifying honestly.

Though I do agree, Defensive Zapdos would help and possible a fire absorber. Maybe Heatran yourself?
clearly you have never used scarf shaymin, as it is pretty much the best lead around, and a pretty damn good revenge killer / lategame sweeper / etc. now, in the case of this team, sub+3 attacks skymin is particularly dangerous, but scarf skymin still can easily sweep this team to the floor.

now, I'm in no mood to discuss this at this point, so I guess you can take my word for it that scarf skymin is good based on my argument alone (and considering I haven't in the least gone into detail about how scarfmin is pretty good, you probably shouldn't), you can be stubborn and think I'm a total idiot without considering anything or even thinking at all, you can test it, you can theorymon, you can whatever.

but I'm in no mood to spam up a thread, so yea.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
now, I'm in no mood to discuss this at this point, so I guess you can take my word for it that scarf skymin is good based on my argument alone (and considering I haven't in the least gone into detail about how scarfmin is pretty good, you probably shouldn't), you can be stubborn and think I'm a total idiot without considering anything or even thinking at all, you can test it, you can theorymon, you can whatever.
I'm not taking "I'm not in the mood to discuss this point". Perhaps you should battle some good people in order to see that Scarf-Min has absolutely no value versed a skilled player that can predict.

I'm not taking "I'm not in the mood to discuss this point". Perhaps you should battle some good people in order to see that Scarf-Min has absolutely no value versed a skilled player that can predict.

I'm a skilled player that can predict, and I find Scarfmin serves as a great lead, taking into account that prediction thing you mentioned. =0 And depending on the rest of the team, cleans up lategame quite fucking nicely too.

Outpaces TrickScarf Gar leads, 2HKO's with Air Slash while taking the Trick since they assume they'll be faster and slap it with a choice item while it becomes locked into Sub. Same principle applies to Azelf, possibly even landing crithax so rocks never touch the field.

The only thing it actually runs from is Zappy leads, and possibly Gross, as Earth Power doesn't manage a OHKO, and Meteor Mash 1-2HKO's, depending on EV investment.

To the team, as I was deviating away from it to prove a point irrelevant to this topic. For Aero I'd go with Taunt, as with the recent banning of Deoxys-S, you now boast one of the, if not thee, fastest Taunter/SR lead in the OU meta'. It'll ruin stuff like Bronzong/Gross who might try to set up rather than smack you with a Gyro Ball/Meteor Mash first. Regardless of this scenario, Sash'll save you from getting KO'd by MM, so you'll have effectively crippled arguably one of the best support leads, and be able to safely lay down rocks. As per the item, I'd keep Sash to ensure the above scenario doesn't occur, espcially with Gross, as Meteor Mash will indefinetely OHKO regardless. (Aero's frail as hell and the obvious 2x steel weak doesn't help it). However you pose a fair argument, as not giving Aero an item will indeed mess up Trick leads, allowing you to get free Rocks down. I suppose testing both is the best idea here.

Props on the Jolteon, I like it a lot. You'll only run into problems trying to scout, which most Jolts like being able to do hiding behind a sub. Other than that, original, and that's tank.

Cario wants Crunch, because as Burst said, you're a bit Gengar weak.

And yeah, take heed of the Skymin warnings. Simple prediction easily allows Scarfmin to hurt this team. However, Mence pre-Yache pinch can take the berry hit(assuming Skymin is packing HP Ice) and KO with Fire Blast.

Steelix in OU is eh. It's got 2 main special weaknesses that are fairly common in the meta, Fire and Water, so it won't last long as Heatran is everywhere and MixPert doesn't mind going one on one with Steelix, threatening with Hydro Pump.

Other than that, looks alright.

This is a super-cool team! Nice choice of mons and strategy.

Few suggestions:

Jolteon looks pretty cool, but I would use Thunderbolt over Discharge since Jolteon is always better off doing damage, and things you can't kill you will toxic anyway.

Steelix... sounds cool. I guess Fire Fang makes it a good Scizor counter. I run a Careful steelix also! I would Max his HP though so that you take hits better overall. I used this spread: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpDef, Careful. The attack scores likely 2HKOs on Tar with Earthquake and Meta I think. Special Defense survives Heatran Lava Plumes, non life orbed Flamethrowers and Surfs, etc.

For Starmie... why don't you give Trick a try? may be cool to trick Blissey so it can sit on its ass all day.

Lucario, drop Blaze kick. Close Combat OHKOs ALL those pokemon you mentioned anyway. I would go with Crunch, Ice Punch, or Stone Edge in the last slot.

I absolutely love sub seed skymin if you predict a trick from a azelf then just switch to scarf tran who takes little damage from anything azelf throws at it so toss Steelix for Heatran for starters and toss jolteon for zapdos. Also I've heard that Starmie gets trick so I'd put trick on starmie over grass knot because blissey will laugh at everything you throw at it and apparently Blissey is on almost every shoddy team even though I never see it hardly.

If ScarfMin really becomes an issue, then do your best to set up SR and predict around it until SR takes it's toll.

Things I can see include:
~Zapdos over Jolteon. Run the Specially Defensive Calm variant. If you really need to, then you can run ResTalk on it, although you pretty much lose Thunder Wave, then. Also, if you do that, you open up a slot in Steelix's place, which, as people have said, could be replaced with Heatran.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Just a quick note:

Use Thunderbolt over discharge. Seriously, what's the point of having a higher paralysis rate when you will be toxic the opponent? It makes no since. Even then, I don't think you'll be needing toxic. Your team uses fast pokemon for quick battles; you won't be stalling. Toxic will need time to build up, but you won't be using that time since your team is more offensive than defensive. I would say use Zapdos

Zapdos - Timid @leftovers/Life orb
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe OR 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Sub/U-turn
Roost
Thunder Bolt
HP Ice/Grass

It sports immunity to Ground type moves, which helps your team. Unfortunately, however, this will mean you'll be very weak to SR. If you Zapdos, you might want to give rapid spin for starmie. If you want to stay with jolteon, you may want to use sub over toxic, or maybe the baton passer set. ALthough if you use both sub, you'll be having a problem using wish. It's your choice though.

Also, why not use an item on aerodactyl? I mean, if you're afraid of getting tricked, why not just attack/set up SR as they do? You can always switch out too. I don't see any readon for not using an item on a pokemon...

Thanks for your time ;)

GB_Packers_Ftw

LOOKS LIKE FAVRE GOT SHUT DOWN
Zapdos is a great idea, however i do not think sub is nessicary. go for Twave to cripple choice scarfers or heatwave for random steels

Take off jolt for this

alright guys, after long consideration, i have finished revising my team accordingly. There is a high chance that I AM keeping steelix, however suckish u think it is, i still have a soft spot for him. Plus he gives me T-Wave immunity AND Toxic immunity, if u can find a poke that can resist both of these, tell me.

Thanks for all the help!

-Flygon65 =D

Matthew

I'm sorry, but Gyrados still runs rampart through this team. Vaporeon can't take that many Life Orb Earthquakes and assuming it's your Gyrados switch in it's pretty much gone. Aero+Zap+Mence are all OHKO'd by Stone Edge. Lucario+Steelix are OHKO'd by Earthquake.

May I suggest a Celebi instead of Steelix? It'll remove a ground, rock and Gyrados weakness in general. It can also paralize it setting it up to be revenged killed later.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ironically, you're Choice Band Flygon weak :P. You can play around him, though Lucario doesn't like boosted Outrages and Steelix can do absolutely nothing when he's locked in. Unless you play your cards perfectly with Vap and Mence I forsee a few problems with Flygon.

Your Vaporeon EVs kind of suck. If you want equal hit taking ability from both sides of the spectrum, which it seems you do, go for 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SDef with Bold. I'd rather you take advantage of Vaporeon's Special Attack and try to get closer to a KO on Gyarados with HPE, but whatever. He's not a "perfect" Heatran counter as Heatran can explode / hp grass or whatever, but yeah it's a good switch in.

Steelix as a Rest Talker is pretty bad; he'll often be forced out by Earthquakes or Close Combats plus he's a horrible sleep absorber as most Sleepers attack on the Special side or are named Breloom. If you want to keep him run Ice Fang so you have a psuedo-DDmence counter.

Scarf Skymin can be played around; with the early Stealth Rock you just need to take 4 hits from him tops and he's down. Between Salamence and Zapdos, you're fine.

Salamence won't get the KOs he needs without Life Orb. If you hate Life Orb that much run Leftovers or whatever.

I'm no good at synergy, just fixing little things like that. Hope I helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)