V

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed / Sturdy
252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Explosion
Gyro Ball
Rapid Spin
Spikes

Okay so this guy is my lead, because of his physical beastliness and his resistances to A LOT of types (and only one weakness too). He can easily set up multiple layers of spikes (and rapid spin stealth rocks and spikes as well). The Gyro Ball is in there to cripple those common speedy lead pokemon like Weavile, Aerodactyl, and Gengar. A STABed Gyro Ball with a speed stat of 76 has GOT to hurt. I was thinking about replacing Explosion with something else (maybe Earthquake) as I haven't really found a good use for it.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Calm / Natural Cure
176 HP / 232 Def / 102 SDef
Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss
Stealth Rock
Softboiled

The Bliss is pretty self-explanatory; it walls special attacks, and cripples fast pokemon with T-Wave. I didn't max out the Def EVs because I wanted to save some for Special Defense, in order to increase its Special bulkiness. Blissey is pretty tank, so the Stealth Rock set-up should be pretty easy.

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Modest / Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Thunderbolt
Surf
Ice Beam
Trick

It's ONLY one of the best special sweepers in the game. I decided to Scarf it so it could outrun Salamences, Dragonites, and Gyarados using Dragon Dance and easily kill them with Ice Beam / T-Bolt. The Trick is there just for fun; it pisses people off when you screw up their set-ups by Tricking a Choice item to them (especially annoying when used against walls).

Salamence @ Life Orb
Naughty / Intimidate
232 Atk / 24 SAtk / 252 Spd
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Blast / Flamethrower
Earthquake

Personally, I don't see a difference between 400 Attack and 405 Attack. This one's pretty self-explanatory as well; classic Mence with a bit of Special backup. The Fire Blast (with the 24 SAtk EVs) is there to cripple Skarmory, Bronzong, Forretress, and other annoying Steel types that resist / neutral the EQ / Outrage combination. I can't really decide between FB and Flamethrower. Fire Blast has a lot more power, but I don't know if I can trust that 85% accuracy; Flamethrower might not be able to OHKO, but it does have 100% accuracy.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Impish / Torrent
252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
Stone Edge / Waterfall
Avalanche
Earthquake
Protect

A Classic example of beastly physical bulky water. 306 Defense and 404 HP is pretty hard to get through. With 257 Atk, Swampert's STABed Earthquake does a considerable amount of damage as well. Avalanche is in there to cripple flying and dragon types who think they can wear Swampy down, (it kills Mence really badly), as it is pretty difficult to OHKO this bulky Swampert. I can't really decide between Stone Edge and Waterfall. Waterfall is a STABed 80 damage move (the boost from Torrent may come in handy too), but without Stone Edge Swampert is defenseless against Gyarados (although Avalanche might work...). Sadly, Swampy dies to Special Grass-type moves (216 SDef but 4x weakness), especially Grass Knot, which hits pretty darn hard. I have Protect in there in order to scout out moves, especially the Special Grass-type ones that would easily KO Swampy.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Adamant / Poison Heal
40 HP / 252 Atk / 218 Spd
Spore
Substitute
Seed Bomb
Focus Punch

Another self-explanatory Pokemon moveset. I mean, Spore is ONLY the best sleep-inducing move in the game. Sub is there for obvious reasons (for recovery), just in case opponents do happen to wake up. Breloom hits hard with the STABed 150 damage Focus Punch (225 damage O_O), and the Egg bomb is really there as a filler to hit random Water and Ground types...

I was thinking that the Breloom isn't that necessary, but I have no idea what to replace it with. Any suggestions?

forretress seems like a good lead at first, but infernape is the most popular lead out there right now and it DESTROYS forretress. Depending on what your team is trying to do you should probably go with either an aerodactyl/infernape for an offensive lead, bronzong/jirachi/swampert for more of a support lead, and hippowdon for a stall lead.

It seems like you want a somewhat offensive lead, so I'd recommend

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Pressure
4 hp/252 atk/252 speed
Jolly nature
- Stealth Rocks
- Rock Slide (better than stone edge because it can flinch leadapes)
- Earthquake
- Taunt (for everything not a leadape, prevents their SR)

you can go for a metagross/swampert if you want something that can stick around, if you go swampert you get a free space for another powerhouse (preferably with fire)

Starmie isn't the best special sweeper, and choice scarf doesn't really help. You're probably better off running a steel-type like heatran or magnezone. I'd recommend magnezone with HP ice so you can double it as your dragon killer, but magnezone works as a great revenge killer/steel killer (fries skarmory if it's taunted/doesn't have whirlwind).

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP/84 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt/Discharge
- Magnet Rise

This will stop you from getting walled by skarmory and bronzong and gives you a dragon killer that isn't stuck on one move and can resist outrage. Discharge has a higher para rate so it's easier to set up subs + magnet rises, but it comes at the cost of raw power.

On your mence I'd honestly say stone edge over fireblast, as it'll hurt skarmory and allows you to go full physical. It also gives you a much needed rock attack, you severely lack rock (ignore this if you went with aerodactyl/swampert with stone edge).

your pert could use roar over one of the other moves, roar is always good.

On your breloom, if you're going to sub, go with leech seed over seed bomb, as spore is enough of a setup for focus punch on its own. Or you could drop substitute for either stone edge or a power booster (bulk up or swords dance, I'd recommend bulk up but that's just me). Keep the breloom, a lot of teams have problems with it.

Also, if you really want blissey on the team, run toxic/flamethrower, otherwise, swap it for something that can hurt people. Maybe scizor, maybe something with fire, depends on who you have problems with.

IMO, you are playin the old metagame, blissy has moved off the seismic toss set. I think you should replace Stoss with either flame thrower or ice beam (scizor looks like more of a problem than dragons, but he is still not a big threat). So then you have 3 moves, Fthrower/icebeam, thunderwave, softboiled. If you run ice beam switch thunderwave for toxic.

Your starmie should not trick onto a mence which has already used DD, why? because they are gonna attack you, because everyone knows that starmie carry ice beam.

No way should you give mence stone edge, even after +1 mence does have a good chance to 2HKO, but they can just whirlwind you away and roost up.

Blissey | Move | Seismic Toss | 56.0
56% of the Blissey in February used Seismic Toss.

Seismic Toss is definitely better with the influx of Latias
If he used Flamethrower / Ice Beam , Substitute Latias can definitely set up and sweep.

Although Substitute Latias is rare , the usage is rising.

Do note behind a Sub and + 1, All his pokes are 2HKOed bar Blissey who can do nothing.

And the only thing he can do is break the Sub of Latias using avalanche and tricking a scarf from Starmie which might not be always available.

If Starmie has no scarf to trick around , it can only do a measly 30.46% - 36.42% to a 4/0 +1 Latias while Latias can just set up .

------------------------------------------
Otherwise , this is a pretty solid team but i'd recommend CB Scizor over Breloom , having a solid and strong revenge killer / pursuiter is always good.

I changed my team around a bit, replacing Forretress with Infernape as a lead and Starmie with Magnezone.

I had one rather interesting match where Blissey and Breloom pretty much tore through the entire team. Toxic/Protect and Spore/Sub/F-Punch are two solid strategies I can work with between the two. Infernape Nasty plotting also helps my lead get off on a great start. I only found myself rarely needing Magnezone however.

magnezone is a bit tricky, you have to bait the steels in, then switch to magnezone, magnet rise, sub and kill them, or for skarmory just tbolt till dead.

also, for a lead ape, try fake out, SR and encore with 1 attack, it screws with peoples lead a whole lot, fake out first turn to break the sash, SR, encore if they used a defensive move to force a switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)