New Mds/Adms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that no one will care, but not to stop there they will hate because thats what people will do. Nonetheless I'm here to type what I wanted to say.

I've posted a thread three times in three different locations looking for a little advice pertaining to my question. Sadly due to poor moderating it was deleted each and every time. Now I'm not saying all mods are garbage men, but the fact remains. Mods will delete your post if they aren't spot on to the specific "rules" of a particular sub-forum. Again don't hear me wrong. I know rules are meant to keep order and the such.

What I'm really trying to say here is that regs/mods/admins should be welcoming and attempt to answer the new users first couple of posts with grace. Don't reply with "This isn't a valid thread @#$!" and trash someones thread. People put time, effort, and hope into their threads. They want new light shed on their questions.

Well thats my vent. Hope you enjoyed if you've read this. Those are just my thoughts.

I'll end my spiel with a nutshell summary.
Rules are a great thing meant to keep order, but grace is more well received and appreciated.
Be nice to new members and give them grace.
Thanks for reading. ~j

P.S. And actually answer their questions! After all if someone joins a forum and asks for help. Thats what they are here for, help! Not to be moderated and have their posts deleted because they're new and didn't follow the mandated moderation guidelines. Again thanks for reading, be nice to your newbies and they might just become regular contributors too :)

Moderators are called that because they moderate and they are not required to "help." They are here to ensure that users keep on topic and don't flame each other. Perhaps as a new user you should just spend some time trying to navigate so your threads aren't deleted.

It's worth noting that in any forum, you should be posting simple questions in the respective SQSA (simple question, simple answer) threads rather than making your own thread, as that clutters up the forums. That's a part of why your threads were deleted in the first place. I merged the thread you made in OI with OI's SQSA. If you have any general questions and don't know where to ask them, the General SQSA is your best bet (it also links to all other SQSA's that might be handy for you).

If you still aren't sure about things, you can always ask a mentor for help. Welcome to Smogon, btw! I hope you enjoy it here once you get to know the ropes a bit better :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)