SS RU New here! Help with this defensive balance team?

Rhydon (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

Offensive Stealth Rock user and lead. The main goal of my Rhydon is to set up rocks and check mons that are vulnerable to Earthquake. Ice Punch is for coverage, but can be swapped for Megahorn. Rock Blast is to cut through subs if necessary, and can be swapped for Stone Edge for extra oomph. Eviolite is attached for extra physcial bulk.

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Will-O-Wisp

Half of my team's Volt-Turn core, and here to check Waters with Leaf Storm. Other than it, it provides defensive utility with Defog to prevent hazards, and Will-o-Wisp to cripple attackers with burns. Leftovers are attached to prolong its use.

Passimian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Receiver
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

The other half of my team's Volt-Turn core, sporting U-Turn and Choice Scarf to safely switch in slower threats. It also comes packing Knock-Off to get rid of annoying items, Rock Slide for coverage, and Close Combat for a powerful slug against walls.

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Protect
- Heal Bell

The team's main defensive pivot. Provides Wish support for my other mons (mainly Rhydon) to help keep them in the fight. Heal Bell helps alleviate status, and Scald helps spread burns. Protect is there to ensure wishes and stall if necessary.

Charizard (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Here to provide defog utility and check grasses. Roost and Heavy Duty Boots are there to help maintain longevity so he can throw out defogs more than once. Toxic provides a little extra utility and Flamethrower helps with offense.

Vileplume (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Strength Sap
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast

An attacker that can play offense while one defense. With Strength Sap and Giga Drain, it can keep itself topped off and active for a while. Sludge Bomb and Moonblast are there for coverage. Assault Vest provides a much needed SpDef boosts, making it harder to kill (in theory).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Looks okay so far, but there are a few holes.

- Don't use Rhydon. Rhyperior is RU now, and is pretty much better than Rhydon in every way. I'd personally run Megahorn over Ice Punch as well for more power overall, but you can run Ice Punch if you want.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn / Ice Punch

- Vileplume cannot use Strength Sap with Assault Vest, since AV prevents the holder from using status moves. Use Black Sludge instead, the passive recovery provided by the item will help Vileplume stick around for a lot longer. I'd also recommend running Sleep Powder over Moonblast, since Moonblast doesn't hit much that isn't already hit at least neutrally by your STABs.

Vileplume (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Strength Sap
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder

- Reciever is useless in singles, use Defiant on Passimian instead.

- I don't think having two Defog users is necessary, since you aren't running any Pokemon that are particularly weak to hazards. Rotom-C can stay since it's part of your VoltTurn core, but Zard can probably be swapped out for something else. Physically defensive Arcanine works well here, being able to check Grasses as well as shut down physical attackers with Intimidate and pivot with Teleport.

Arcanine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Teleport
- Morning Sun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)