New Epic Rain Dance Team

DeagleBeagle

Banned deucer.
Introduction
Well this is my second RMT, but first one on these forums. I want to thank Riryoku for helping me post it, by showing me where the rules are etc And I want to Thank Calfo for giving me the idea of using the Life Orb set on Kabutops. I am a little new to these forums so I appreciate the help.I realize that a lot of Rain Dance RMT's have already been made but I just wanted to post this team because I feel it has a lot of team snergy and really can do good under almost any conditions. It can switch and attack with great ease. It can withstand almost any situation and come back out of nowhere. Virtually my guys can do hard hits, with insanely high speed making things like spikes and toxic spikes hard for the foe to set up, and if he does I still have some cover with a few of my pokemon.​

The Team
[IMGhttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa437.png [/IMG]

@ Damp Rock
Evs: 252 hp/ 200 Def/ 48 SpD/ 10 Spe
Nature: Careful
Ivs: All max
Ability: Levitate

- Hypnosis
- Stealth Rock
- Rain Dance
- Explosion

Brozong I have recently started using a lot in my teams. I never realized how useful and good it was until recently when I started trying it out.
I mean it can act as a tank, has great typing, counters many things, can wall many things, and is great for setting up.

This one happens to have rain dance with levitate because the rain dance covers my fire weakness and it doesn't really take a hard hit from anything, especially in rain. This guy is mainly a team supporter but can pack a hard hit with explosion and giving me the free chance to switch.

Hypnosis with enough speed to outspeed most other brozongs and many other leads like forretress it can outspeed and put it to sleep and stop it from setting up. It also helps it set up stealth rock and rain dance much easier.

Damp Rock makes the rain dance last 8 turns, which greatly helps the team and its fire weakness. But the only problem with the brozong I have right now is that taunt can kind of stop it, but it can always explode, or something.

But for this reason I am maybe considering using my Damp Rock zapdos as a lead since if they taunt it they will usually get Ko'd and also Zapdos counters many leads and can also set up with rain dance. Or maybe even Floatzel with taunt and waterfall since it can have same speed as azelf and kill other leads like Aerodactyl in one hit.

@ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 hp/ 150 Def/ 108 Spe
Nature: Bold
Ivs: 31/22/30/31/31/31
Ability: Pressure

- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Hp ice
- Roost

Zapdos is great for setting up and also just countering many things that used to be a problem. With Rain Dance it can help the team out a lot since 4/6ths of them are swift swim pokemon and have some sort of water attack that also gets boosted. Its speed stat gets up to 263 so it can outspeed can counter breloom and many others much better.

Thunder is great because it has a lot more power than tbolt, plus also has a higher paralyse rate. And since it has more power, I don't need to ev train it in special atk much for it to really hit other pokemon hard. This attack gets stab and can pack a punch. With its perfect accuracy in rain, it can hit pokemon with snow cloak or sand veil like frosslass and etc.

Hp ice is for those annoying pokemon who are either immune or resistant to electric. Only thing that resists boltbeam is a steel/electric pokemon, or lanturn with volt absorb. And both aren't super overused.

Roost is to heal hp, so pokemon like heracross can almost never kill it. And it can keep setting up rain dance and killing pokemon with hp ice or thunder.

@ Leftovers
Evs: 252 hp/ 104 Def/ 88 Spe/ 66 SpD
Nature: Calm
Ivs: All maxed
Ability: Swift Swim

- Grass Knot
- Leech Seed
- Surf
- Rain Dance

Now this pokemons evs are made so that in rain Ludicolo has 396 speed, which outspeeds 394 speed users that are very common like Aerodactyl and Joltean. The defensive stats are just an estimate of how much defense and special D it needs, it has seemed about right in all the battles I have done.

Grass Knot is great with ludicolo. It gets stab, can get 120 power plus stab which gets to 180 power. It is used mainly for a hard hitting attack on pokemon who resist his surf like starmie or Vaporean. Hits hard on heavy foes.

Leech seed is used so that is can last longer plus take on things that can't do much to it. Leftovers helps it stall against things like blissey that wont switch. Leech seed helps to enforce a switch, especially if you switch out to one of your other pokemon. It takes away their hp and heals yours, so eventually they may want to switch and get pummeled by sr too, if you have laid that down.

Surf is great with a stab attack and also it can pack a punch that will 2 hit kill most things that leech seed doesn't take care of. In rain plus stab, ludicolo's water type moves are boosted 2.25 times. So surf becomes 213.75 power. The power is almost as much as an explosion. Two hits will kill most of everything, especially considering nothing is immune to surf that doesnt get super effected by its grass knot.

Rain Dance is great because once rain dance wares off, you want to bring it back in again. It will stop their sandstorm or hail from taking out any focus sashers, or doing damage to any of your pokes. Although this doesn't have Damp Rock, I mean i got 2 other rain dancers with Damp Rock to boost it, and since this rain dance team is pretty offensive, there wont be long stall wars where you rain dance always seems to be fading away really fast. Between 3 rain dancers, that should be plenty.

@ Life Orb
Evs: 6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Ivs: All maxed

- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- X-scissor

Kabutops is my main physical sweeper but I have a few others that have physical attacks and one of them can also sweep, which happens to be Floatzel. Kabutops though is a great threat offensively and does great not oly in rain but also in sandstorm. It gets 50% special D boost in sandstorm since it's a rock type and in rain it gets 50% water attack boost rate, and is even more resistant to fire attacks with its 4x resistance.

With Swords dance in rain it has enough speed and power to kill almost anything in one hit. And the things it can't kill in one hit, can't usually kill kabutops anyways. With swift swim it can outspeed virtually any scarfer with max speed. It can even outspeed a deoxys with max speed and proceed to killing it in one hit with either X-scizzor, Waterfall, or Stone edge.

Now stone edge. This attack is used for great power and makes it very usable if the foe resists waterfall or surf. It gets stab and not many things resist it. It also has a high crit rate to deal with stallers. That is usually isn't at all a problem though since waterfall and X-scissor can take on virtually anything that stone edge wont kill. Stone edge can be great however for even taking on dragon dancers since it can outspeed and ohko salamence, Dragonitem, and even Gyarados in rain with swift swim. Or even without rain if the foe hasn't used dragon dance yet.

Waterfall is great because it gets stab, and can even flinch. Many times Waterfall has flinched a pokemon like swampert or skarmory that would try to kill it or roar/ww it out. But they can't really do this without risking being killed or haxed to death. It makes it kabutop's hardest hitting attack in rain, plus has 100 accuracy.

Now X-Scissor is great because it super effects many things that could barely survive its attacks, like a celebi or an umbreon. Now that celebi is becoming more and more overused and kabutops counter less and less used, its sweeping potential is beyond imaginable. All it needs is usually just rain and one swords dance to sweep a team. Since it has enough defenses to usually survive at least one attack, it can tank one, with its bulky defense and then proceed to killing their pokemon or sweeping their entire team.

@ Life Orb
Evs: 102 HP/ 160 Atk/ 60 Spe/ 188 SpA
Nature: Quiet
Ivs: All Maxed

- Waterfall
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Life Orb is very useful for boosting both special and physical attacks. And rest sleep talk is also good since hypnosis and sleep inducing moves are in almost every team. Rest is also great because it can not only stall but also recover life orb recoil and other damage. I have considered switching Pulse for Meteor but the accuracy and the fact it is a sleep talker have sort of turned me off. Its speed though makes it able to outspeed 394 speed users and kill with one of its attacks.

Dracometeor though can be just as good in many situations since it when its special attack lowers, it can always use waterfall or something. With Kingdra's typing it makes it not only a good pokemon for stab attacks but also a great sleep talker since its only weakness is dragon, and it has dragon attacks with the speed to outspeed and kill them. It also has decent defenses and attack to work well under almost any condition.

Watefall is useful because with the amount of attack evs it for sure two hit kills blissey with waterfall including if blissey has 714 hp and leftovers and at full hp. It also gets stab and can be a mixed sweeper.

Now Dragon Pulse is great because only one thing resists it and it gets stab which makes it a special offensive threat. It is a high powered attack that makes dragons not want to attack it. It kills any dragon in one hit with the ev spread I gave it, including life orb and stab boost. And it has plenty enough speed with swift swim to outspeed and kill almost anything it super effects.

Rest is great because it heals hp and makes it last longer, plus ability to stall and can sleep talk even while asleep. It stops status also from countering it so even if they paralyse it or something it will heal and fight back with not very much difficulty.

Sleep talk can be used by a lot of pokemon, but Kingdra happens to be a great one. I came up with the rest sleep talk set myself, to not die from things and stop sleep inducing moves from countering my team.

@ Sash
Evs: 6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Ivs: All Maxed

- Bulk Up
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

I decided to give it max speed to ensure it could counter Ape and a few others even when their was no rain dance in play. I gave it its offensive movepool so it can take no the majority of things and clean up and also used as backup in case a sweeper the foe has tries to plow through my team with something.

It outspeeds and finishes off virtually every pokemon, and nothing can outspeed it in rain, not even a ScarfJask. Only thing that possibly could outspeed it is Scarfed Deoxys, and would use that hehe. Even if they did, it would get pwned by crunch, and with sash it could survive its Tbolt and proceed to ohko it.

Bulk up I decided to use mainly because it raises attack. Also because it boosts every physical attack it has into making it hit a lot harder with a move like crunch or waterfall or ice fang. The Defense boost is also nice because many times I use it to stop pretty much any pokemon from killing it in one or two hits. And also with Bulk Up they may expect taunt and not decide to switch to their wall that will try to roar or WW or Haze it or something.

Waterfall is its most powerful attack and hits anything at perfect accuracy and has the ability to flinch. This can be bery useful because I remember many times flinchhaxing a skarmory to death without it even touching me. It also gets rain dance boost and will be a really powerful attack with max attack evs and stab. It outspeeds and ohko's pokemon like Gengar which get really annoying.

Crunch is used because it can kill pokemon like starmie in one or two hits if no bulk up and one hit if one or more bulk up is in play or the starmie is damaged etc. It hits things hard that resist water, like starmie, slowbro, celebi and a few others. After a Bulk up, crunch can two hit any celebi, even with max defense and hp. So if they switch to celebi and you say crunch it on the switch in or bulk up, celebi won't be able to touch it, especially with the possiblity if being ice fanged also.

Now Ice Fang may have 65 power but its offensive typing is outstanding. It super effects a ton of things like dragons that resist waterfall. It can ohko any dragon 4x weak after a bulk up, and many times ohko without even a bulk up if the foe has around 75% hp or lower. It could also flinch or freeze or crit them to death which is about a 45% chance. Higher than you probably thought.​

The Strategy
Now the Strategy behind this team isn't very complex but it is centered mainly around Pokemon like Zapdos and brozong setting up, and stalling with stealth rock. It also is centered around Kabutops or one of my other pokemon like Floatzel sweeping their entire team after I have wared them down with Stealth rock and scouting their team with moves like leech seed to enforce a switch. All my pokemon can attack, and most can wall some sort of an attack and do a little damage back without dying. So it wares them down and takes care of sash while my kabutops or another pokemon sweeps their whole team. It works too, I have used it against Calfo's Rain Dance Team and it has beaten his 4 and 0.​

Threat List
Tyranitar:
Isn't at all a problem for this team considering I have brozong and almost every pokemon with some sort of attack, like a water attack to easily kill it.
Gyarados:
Can be taken on by kingdra's dragon pulse, and two hit killed most of the time. Dracometeor would two hit kill for sure. Also Stone Edge from Kabutops would ohko it, and it would outspeed with swift swim most of the time. Zapdos can also stop it with thunder and wall it if it doesnt have stone edge. Explosion brozong can also wall it and then ohko it if no intimidate, (which is most of the time). Ludicolo can always grass knot and easily walll waterfall or EQ from it. I mean Gyarados isn't at all a problem for this team unless about 5 of my pokemon are dead. Floatzel can even 3 hit kill with crunch if no intimidate and 4 hit kill with intimidate.
Garchomp:
Now this pokemon might be uber soon, but my team still counters it in OU pretty good even if it is allowed. My brozong can ohko with explosion and wall its fire fang or blast with ease in rain dance, even without rain dance it can still not die from two fire fangs and then proceed in exploding and killing it. I also have zapdos with hp ice to take it on because pretty much the only way it will take zapdos on is outrage, and if it outrages I can always send in a guy like brozong and explode or have one of my pokemon like kingdra outspeed in rain and ohko with dragon pulse. I also have ice fang floatzel which can hit it hard.
Heatran:
Now this pokemon is fairly easy to counter =D. With rain dance its fire attacks are weakened to half. Kingdra and kabutops are both 4x resistant to fire also, and can easily easily wall its fire attacks, especially in rain. I mean 8x weaker fire blast isnt gonna do much (lol). Kingdra can wall two earth powers from a normal heatran that doesn't have life orb or specs. Kingdra can be used most of the time as a counter since it will outspeed in rain even if they scarf heatran and ohko with waterfall. And between zapdos and kingdra/kabutops, if it is choice'd, spec or scarf it can take it on with not much difficulty, since Zapdos is immune to ground and they are both 4x resistant to ground.
Deoxys E:
Now this pokemon may also become uber soon but regardless my team can still take it on pretty well. With swift swim kabutops and floatzel they have the speed, attacks and power to outspeed and ohko it with either crunch or X-scissor etc. I also have brozong with a lot of hp and defenses so that should handle it pretty well. Even have pokemon like ludicolo or kingdra to wall its attacks then kill it in one or two hits. This has never been a problem, have seen it many times and hasn't done much of anything with the offensive moveset or the supporting moveset.
Heracross:
My team used to be heracross weak until I put in Zapdos and gave Ludicolo swift swim instead of rain dish. They many times either don't have stone edge against Zapdos, or never use it. And many other times When I have Ludicolo out they think they can survive two surfs in rain and then kill it, but it has enough speed to for sure outspeed Heracross and two hit kill it in rain. Brozong also gets 3hko'd by any of its attacks and can put it to sleep with hypnosis or explode. Heracross is rarely a problem since all my pokemon are fast and rarely get Ohko'd by its attacks.
Infernape:
Now this pokemon used to sort of be a problem if there was no rain in play. It could outspeed anything when I began to use adamant floatzel and ohko almost anything after a nasty plot. So I decided heck why not give floatzel jolly because now it can outspeed and kill starmies and Infernapes and etc even with no rain. For that reason I mainly use it as backup to stop sweepers and not use it very often unless for finishing off pokemon or sweeping, or stopping sweepers, but not for just all out attacking like zapdos since it isn't a wall.
Gengar:
Hehe this one is very rarely a problem at all. Almost never since I have a sleep talker with swift swim and the ability to outspeed and kill it with virtually every pokemon. So even scarfed gengar isn't a problem. Not even the hypnosis one. And if it is a "prediction war" you can always just let it either put your pokemon that is using rain dance or something to sleep, or use rain dance and have the gengar swept by swift swim pokes.
Gengar is not near as a problem as other pokemon, even though my team suceeds pretty well in countering most things.
Mamoswine:
This pokemon gets completely walled by brozong, and can't take advantage of snowcloak with rain dance in play. I have a lot of ground immunties and a few ice resists too that make mamoswine virtually never sweep until either brozong, ludicolo, kingdra, floatzel, or even kabutops. The only thing it has a chance of taking on is Zapdos, or kabutops if it is a speed tie and wins, or has speed raising nature. Even without swift swim almost any of my pokemon can beat it since any water attack will pretty much ohko. Especially with rain dance and sr in play. Not at all a problem for me in all my experiences.
Metagross:
This Pokemon gets walled by brozong and brozong can set up and at least do some damage with explosion, getting a free switch and perhaps having the next pokemon kill. But since most of my pokemon are water type, they can resist and survive a meteor mash and then eventually kill it. And have zapdos to take care of Choice'd one with EQ or meteor mash. Zapdos resists meteor mash and immune to EQ, so only hope metagross has of doing massive damage is exploding or trying to two it kill with ice punch. Metagross really isnt much of a problem with Zapdos or any other pokemon not super effected by meteor mash or EQ. If it explodes it kills itself and can't sweep my whole team, so it doesn't seem that much of a threat unless it happens to predict right and my zapdos is dead. It however is the biggest threat I have named so far but one I can almost always take on.
Weavile:
My team has pokemon like brozong, and swift swimmer to outspeed and ohko. Never has been a problem and never will be as long as I have either Brozong, Kingdra, Floatzel, kabutops, ludicolo dead.
Lucario:
Now my zapdos can ohko with thunder if it is the life orb one, and tank out lucario if it is even specs unless hp ice. Resistant to both steel and fighting attacks. Also again with swift swimmers they can outspeed and kill most of the time. Brozong can even hypnosis it if need be. And Floatzel has sash with enough speed to easily outspeed it without rain, and hit it hard with waterfall. The special one my team has the most difficulty with, but can handle it most of the time. And it is rarely used, so shouldn't be much of an issue.
Breloom:
I gave my zapdos enough speed to outspeed even the jolly breloom. It can 2 hit kill with hp ice and stop even the leech seed one from working. Even a stone edge breloom, it can tank a stone edge then outspeed and roost while it does it again or subs in both cases I will be able to stop and kill. I let it spore a guy or die first usually though, like let it spore kingdra then switch to Zapdos and pwn it. Stone edge is also rarely used so shouldn't be worried too much anyhow.
Azelf:
I have pokemon like brozong to usually stop it, and if it nasty plots I mean I usually can outspeed and ohko anyways with one of my swift swimmers. It cant sweep if I have sashed floatzel with maxed speed and crunch to ohko it.
Electivire:
I have brozong to kill it and wall it, or many of my other pokemon with swift swim can two hit kill it while walling one of its attackign or surviving with sash. Between Floatzel, Brozong, and Kingdra, it will stop it virtually every time it comes in.
Salamence:
With rain dance it makes it MUCH easier to stop it. It makes brozong not super effected by fire, and also pokemon like kingdra can outspeed in rain and ohko it with dragon pulse. I also have pokemon like Floatzel to outspeed with ice fang and kill, or Kabutops with Stone edge. Also have zapdos with enough speed to usually outspeed it and ohko with hp ice. I am glad this is one of my rare teams where no matter what set salamence has it will stop it almost guaranteed.
Togekiss:
Since rain dance makes flamethrower not do much to brozong, it can take on togekiss wall its air slash with ease, since it resists etc. Then explosion will either kill, and if it doesnt, I can always send in a faster Pokemon like Floatzel or Zapdos to finish it off. And many times I have sr down, so if it switches back in, its dead. I also have kabutops with stone edge that is resistant to both body slam and air slash and can ohko with stone edge, and usually outspeed even without swift swim since I maxed speed and people very rarely will max speed on togekiss. But if they max speed that means less defenses or sp atk, so it goes to my favor. The nasty plot togekiss nor the aura sphere or any other kind including twave and air slash can stop it unless it gets about 6 or 7 flinches in a row and somehow kills both zapdos and floatzel if they outspeed, with floatzel's sash. So it really isn't much of a problem.
Starmie:
This pokemon gets outspeeded and killed by floatzels crunch, and it has sash in case crunch doesnt ohko starmie. I have zapdos with thunder and X-scizzor on a swift swim kabutops. So that plus Grass knot ludicolo and etc should be able to easily wall and kill it.
Dugtrio:
Dugtrio isn't a problem since all my pokemon can either tank it with not much ease like brozong and/or outspeed and kill with some sort of water or grass attack. Since swift swim is on virtually every pokemon and rain is almost always in play it won't be a problem, in virtually any situation.
Machamp:
This guy eh? lol. I remember Zapdos easily walling dynamicpunch and then doing more than half its hp with thunder, and then machamp ice punched, it still survived, then proceeded to kill with thunder. I mean most a Machamp could do is get dynamicpunch hax and then stone edge or something, but one dynamicpunch then a Stone edge wont even kill this guy. And I always got brozong with explosion to kill it and etc. It can take it on as long as dynamicpunch doesn't confuse my pokemon twice in a row and make them hit theirselves.
Porygon-Z:
Porygon I haven't encountered with my rain dance team yet but I assure you it wont be much of a problem since it has low defenses and I have swift swimmers, plus explosion brozong. With the defenses I have, even a tbolt from it after a nasty plot wont kill brozong and then it can explode or something. Also have pokemon even without swift swim boost can kill it, like floatzel and kingdra. Floatzel will outspeed if it doesnt kill, sash will stop it from dying then can kill the next turn. So I really dont think it will be a problem especially considering rain dance is in play 95% of the time.
Celebi:
This pokemon is almost never a problem at all, even with calm mind. I have brozong to wall and explode or hypnosis and at least do something to it by either putting it asleep or taking at least 60% to it away from explosion even if it is max hp and defense. Then something like floatzel can finish it off with crunch, thats with no rain even. And even if celebi wakes up and heals or attacks, it has sash and bulk up. Crunch should ohko it if it has around 1 4th of its hp left if it is max defense and hp. And can always bulk up or something. But since like I have said many times, rain is almost always in play or if I use hypnosis and put celebi asleep, kabutops can come in and X-Scissor and kill it since 4x weak. With life orb it will do 335 to 394 damage if celebi has 328 defense. Celebi almost never has full hp anyways, since either pummeled by sr, or you know, hit by an attack that takes a chunk away.
Yanmega:
This is the last pokemon I am gonna put on the counter list since you know I am to stop somewhere. I could list a ton more things my team counters but then I would have to end up posting in the high 400's range of amount of pokemon my team can take on or counter.
Ok now Yanmega has either hypnosis bug buzz or air slash and occasionally a hidden power like hp ice. I have pokemon like Kingdra to get the hypnosis and sleep talk off of it. I also have zapdos to wall if it isn't asleep and kill with either thunder or hp ice. Also have pokemon like floatzel that can almost always outspeed, especially in rain and kill it even if the yanmega has speed boost. Yanmega can't really ohko any of my pokemon and pretty much all my pokemon can either ohko it or just plain wall it. But the Tinted Lens one is hardest to take on since it hits hard even on resistances. Speed boost I can almost always take on while tinted lens is a little harder but manageable. My Stealth rock usually ends up making it only able to switch in about twice at max, so can't really do much damage for long.

........................................................................................

So feel to comment and give me some feedback. Thanks.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)