New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread Mk. 5

Check the EVs and IVs section of the post.

Also, welcome to Smogon's damage calculator:

Choice Specs Heatran Fire Blast v.s. 252 hp/ 252 Sp. Def Shaymin: 126.2%-149% damage.

Check your sources before making any stupid comment.

P.S.: I was the first one to use LeadMin as I know. You probably saw me before.

P.P.S.: SpecsTran Leads are Outsped and OHKOed by Earth Power anyway.
lol

1. I see no Pokémon mentioned in EVs and IVs.
252 Sp Atk is for hitting the hardest possible. 240 Spd evs is for outrunning base 85s with a positive nature. The rest is dumped into HP for more bulk.
2. No Occa Berry? And why the hell do you have 252 SpDef?
3. Insulting will get you nowhere.
4. So you counter my statement that you are wrong by saying "no, but I'm right." That's fine.
5. Unless you decided to post a different, possible superior lead Shaymin set on a different forum under the username Terrador14 more than a month ago, I don't think so.

1. As you said, insulting will get nowhere, so if you're calling him out on that, don't do it yourself.

2. He did mention Pokemon in the entirety of the EV's IV's section.
Lumin said:
252 Sp Atk is for hitting the harder possible. 240 Spd evs is for outrunning base 85 with a positive nature [this is an entire group of Pokemon he's referencing]. The rest is dumped into HP for more bulk.

Now you must ask : why the hell do you put only 10 IVs in Attack and use a negative nature in attack, while you have a physical attack?

Well, that perticular Shaymin needs every single of its stats, and a docile nature was out of question. First, when I started using this set, little Min was Rash natured, until I realised he couldn’t stand Azelf’s fiery blasts. And so I thought : Mmmm… QA is only used to break sashes, and so its power can be negligible.

So I started using a modest nature and it worked marvellous. 10 IVs in attack is the only legal IV with a modest nature I found since I didn’t want to lower any of Shaymin’s defenses.
wavedash said:
So you counter my statement that you are wrong by saying "no, but I'm right." That's fine.
But you were wrong. And he was right. And why he did 252 SpD EV's in the calculation is an easy one - to show that, even if you did max SpD in addition to max HP, you'd still have died to a SpecsTran Fire Blast, dispite what you'd said about surviving one if you just maxed HP. In addition, you yourself never mentioned using Occa Berry; you only said to max HP, as you can see:
wavedash said:
Seen it before. Except with better EVs. What, specifically, are you outspeeding with 240 Speed? Dumping 252 EVs into HP lets you live a Specs Heatran's Fire Blast.

Totally worth it so you can laugh at all those SpecsTran leads.
4. Was correcting his grammar in his own post really necessary, even when you obviously understood what he meant in the first place?

I really with the overall negativity would vanish from places like this...
~~~~
I'm loving this Shaymin thing, though. I'm trying it out on a newer team of mine, and it's pretty darn good! Surprises in the lead "metagame" are always awesome! I just wish it could do a bit more against Roserade/Smeargle than break Sashes and take a Sleep. Also, on your Breloom comment, I have one issue. Usually all Breloom leads are Scarved so they can Spore fast. If that's the case, and you're opponent is good, they know Shaymin has Natural Cure. You said take Sleep and switch to a counter, when this presents a little loophole in the Sleep Clause. Once you switch out to your counter, Shaymin is awake, de-activating the Sleep Clause. If they keep Breloom in, predicting a switch and knowing the Natural Cure effect, then now what you thought was your counter is now taking a nap. As "common" as Breloom leads are, it's still a good thing to know, having personally used a Breloom lead beforehand.

Recently I've been using Starmie a lot to prevent Stall teams abusing entry hazards, however I wanted to use my own Toxic Spikes. After a while, I came across Tentacruel, who could both what my Forry and Starmie could do whilst also luring in and 2HKOing Rotom-A:

Offensive Utility

Tentacruel @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest / Timid nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes / Ice Beam

Pretty simple. With those EVs, Tenta 2HKOs standard 252/0 Rotom-A with Stealth Rock down, or without with Life Orb. With the opponent's Ghost out of the way, Tentacruel is able to Spin away the entry hazards. Thanks to Tenta's base 100 Speed, it always outruns non-Scarf versions. It also is a definitive answer to Roserade leads who sacrfice themselves to set up Toxic Spikes only to get them absorbed instantly. Hydro Pump is needed to get the 2HKO without Life Orb, although Surf can get it with it. However with Timid it needs Life Orb and Hydro Pump regardless. Sludge Bomb offers great coverage and only loses 7.5 BP over a super effective HP Electric. Last slot is somewhat filler - Toxic Spikes helps wear down the opponents team while Ice Beam hurts Dragons.

Evs grant the 2HKO on Rotom-A with Hydro Pump and Stealth Rock, and the Speed outruns all non-Scarf Rotom-A (which only manages 298 Speed). However, the fastest listed Rotom is 288; one can hit 290 with 216 EVs and put the rest in HP.
Reposting this because it never got rated.

Also, alongside this, I've been using an LO Togekiss - Tentacruel lures out Rotom-A and Zapdos decently well, and Togekiss is pretty decent with them out of the picture. With Toxic Spikes, this doesn't have much problem stalling out a lot of threats:

Life Orb + 3 Attacks

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball / Fire Blast
- Roost

The idea is to abuse Air Slash, decent bulk and Togekiss' high Special attack. With support, Togekiss is pretty threatening and with some luck can become a decent stall breaker - any team not packing Blissey will really struggle to take repeated hits, especially when they have a 57% chance to not retaliate. The idea is not to flinch the opponent out, but to deal as much damage as possible - the flinches only help it along. Air Slash is obvious, as its a strong STAB move, especially backed up by the Flinch chance. Not alot in OU resists Flying (the main ones being Rotom-A, Tyranitar, Metagross and Zapdos) especially when paired up with the other 2 moves. Aura Sphere is to down Steels and hurt TTar. Shadow Ball is purely for Rotom-A and Latias, who are Togekiss' nightmare, however, Fire Blast 2HKOs Zapdos and Rotom-A after Stealth Rock, so its useful. This thing is incredibly walled by Blissey though, so having reliable ways to take down Blissey are recommended. Roost adds alot of bulk, and allows it to come in several times throughout the match and threaten something.

EVs are simple enough - max speed to outrun Adamant Lucario and tie with Mamoswine. Max Special attack gets a 2HKO on Latias after Stealth Rock with Shadowball and to deal as much damage as possible with Air Slash.

haunter

Banned deucer.
The problem with Togekiss is that 80 base Spe isn't going to outspeed much, so you usually better invest in bulk and use thunder wave or body slam to abuse air slash flinch rate.

For those discussing Jirachi leads, I find that TrickScarfer with Thunder-Wave works effectively in the Suspect tier at the moment. Magnezone doesn't pop up quite as much, and Jirachi is able to cripple any number of leads, save Heatran. It's nothing terribly original, but it's effective.

Pokemon Name:Jirachi
Moveset Name: Alternative Lead
Move 1: Trick
Move 2: Thunder-Wave
Move 3: Iron Head
Move 4: Stealth Rocks/U-Turn
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature(s): Adamant
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spd

The idea here is to couple Jirachi with Heatran (or another Flash Fire Pokemon), and a ghost, preferably Rotom form, and a few Levitators like Latias that can spam destruction.

Trick against most leads is a wise choice; Swampert, Metagross, Gliscor, and Hippowdon all hate to be Tricked a Scarf, if they attack with Earthquake, or setup Rocks. If Rocks go up, Thunder-Wave comes next. If they attack with Earthquake, then you have a free switch in for one of your Levitating Pokemon (U-Turn on Flygon, Specs Latias, and Gyarados are good choices).

When faced with a Fire type attack, you have a couple of options. Trick Azelf, it will either be locked into Flamethrower/Fire Blast, which means Heatran switches in for free, or it will be stuck in Stealth Rocks. Stay in against Infernape and Trick; if he Fake Outs, then switch to Latias/Gyarados, or other Counter on the second turn. If he goes straight to his Fire move, you'll likely Trick a Focus Sash onto yourself, meaning you hang on, while Infernape is now a free switch in for Heatran. Speaking of Heatran, they give Jirachi a lot of trouble in the lead spot. Having a few Pokemon to Counter Heatran, like Latias who can Recover off the damage, or a Scarf Heatran of your own to switch into Fire attacks is recommended.

Stealth Rocks vs. U-Turn in the final slot is simply up to team preference. The sweepers I pair with Jirachi, Gyarados, Heatran, and Latias all apperciate SR being down, but U-Turn helps scout moves, and escape from the dreaded Magnezone.

The EVs given are to outpace Jolly 252 Speed Aerodactyl leads you may face, and take them out with Iron Head. It may still be a wise choice to Trick Aerodactyl though, if your team can afford Rocks on the field. You can definitely run a more defensive spread, with an Impish nature, and EVs into Defense, but Jirachi does serve as a decent Pokemon mid-late game to spread paralysis and Flinch everything to death.

I've been using Luxray in OU on some of my teams with a mixed set different to the analysis one, and it has been working nicely. It is based on special attacks but it has Superpower to cripple Tyranitar, Blissey, Snorlax, etc.

OU MixRay

Luxray @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Attack, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Naive nature (+Speed, -Special Defense)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Signal Beam
- Superpower

Luxray's main switchins using this set [from experience] are Tyranitar, Swampert, and Rotom-A. Out of them, you can defeat Tyranitar with Superpower and Swampert with HP Grass, both with relative ease. Rotom-A is troublesome though. Thunderbolt is your main STAB move, and combined with Signal Beam and Hidden Power Grass, it provides good coverage. Signal Beam hits Celebi and other Grass-types, as well as Psychic types or Dark types. Hidden Power Grass is great to hit Swampert, and hurt some other Pokemon like Rhyperior [although rare in OU now] or other Ground-types including Hippowdon.

EVs are basic. Luxray doesn't need any Attack EVs to 2HKO Blissey with Superpower, so all of it is put into Special Attack and Speed. The Naive nature is since it is taking physical attacks decently with Intimidate, so it would be bad to lower that.

Other options on this set would be HP Ice to hit Salamence or Gliscor, or possibly Crunch with more Attack EVs added, in order to hit Rotom-A for good damage. Or you could use a Weavile as support to do lots of damage to all three.

Calculations [for some reason the hide tags messed up]:

Thunderbolt:

Thunderbolt vs 188/120 Neutral Nature Vaporeon (Analysis Standard Wish Support)
289 Atk vs 226 Def & 448 HP (95 Base Power): 342 - 404 (76.34% - 90.18%)
Guaranteed OHKO with 3 layers of Spikes or 1 layer of Spikes and SR.

Thunderbolt vs 0/0 Negative Nature Salamence
289 Atk vs 176 Def & 331 HP (95 Base Power): 219 - 258 (66.16% - 77.95%)
Naive/Naughty Salamence can't switch in completely safely.

Thunderbolt vs 252/252 Positive Nature Skarmory
289 Atk vs 262 Def & 334 HP (95 Base Power): 296 - 350 (88.62% - 104.79%)
This has a high chance to OHKO high Special Defense Skarmory.

Thunderbolt vs 4/0 Neutral Nature Heatran
289 Atk vs 248 Def & 324 HP (95 Base Power): 154 - 183 (47.53% - 56.48%)
2HKO with Stealth Rock.

Thunderbolt vs 0/0 Negative Nature Heatran
289 Atk vs 223 Def & 323 HP (95 Base Power): 172 - 204 (53.25% - 63.16%)
Rash or Naive Heatran take lots of damage coming in.

Thunderbolt vs 248/0 Neutral Nature Scizor (Analysis Choice Band)
289 Atk vs 196 Def & 343 HP (95 Base Power): 195 - 231 (56.85% - 67.35%)
Guaranteed 2HKO.

Hidden Power Grass

Hidden Power Grass vs 252/0 Neutral Nature Swampert
289 Atk vs 216 Def & 404 HP (70 Base Power): 352 - 416 (87.13% - 102.97%)
OHKO most of the time, guaranteed with either a layer of Spikes and Stealth Rock, or two layers of Spikes.

Hidden Power Grass vs 252/88 Neutral Nature Hippowdon (Analysis Physical Wall)
289 Atk vs 202 Def & 420 HP (70 Base Power): 188 - 222 (44.76% - 52.86%)
2HKO with two layers of Spikes.

Signal Beam:

Signal Beam vs 252/0 Neutral Nature Celebi
289 Atk vs 236 Def & 404 HP (75 Base Power): 344 - 408 (85.15% - 100.99%)
Guaranteed OHKO with two layers of Spikes or Stealth Rock and Spikes.

Superpower:

Superpower vs 252/0 Neutral Nature Tyranitar
277 Atk vs 256 Def & 404 HP (120 Base Power): 488 - 576 (120.79% - 142.57%)
This means you can easily OHKO 4/0 variants of Tyranitar as well.

Superpower vs 252/252 Positive Nature Tyranitar
277 Atk vs 350 Def & 404 HP (120 Base Power): 356 - 420 (88.12% - 103.96%)
You never see these, but this is the worst case scenario against Tyranitar, other than Chople Berry or Focus Sash Tyranitar.

Superpower vs 0/252 Positive Nature Blissey
277 Atk vs 130 Def & 651 HP (120 Base Power): 476 - 560 (73.12% - 86.02%)
First hit.
184 Atk vs 130 Def & 651 HP (120 Base Power): 316 - 374 (48.54% - 57.45%)
Second hit.

Superpower vs 252/252 Positive Nature Blissey
277 Atk vs 130 Def & 714 HP (120 Base Power): 476 - 560 (66.67% - 78.43%)
First hit.
184 Atk vs 130 Def & 714 HP (120 Base Power): 316 - 374 (44.26% - 52.38%)
Second hit.

Both Blissey cases mean either they need to not Softboiled/Wish then Protect/Thunder Wave when you Superpower, or they need to be hit when they switch in.

Superpower vs 168/120 Neutral Nature Snorlax (Analysis CurseLax)
277 Atk vs 196 Def & 503 HP (120 Base Power): 316 - 374 (62.82% - 74.35%)
First hit.
184 Atk vs 196 Def & 503 HP (120 Base Power): 210 - 248 (41.75% - 49.30%)
Second hit.

Snorlax is trickier than the previous two, but you will always 2HKO if Stealth Rock is up and Snorlax does not use Curse or Rest when you Superpower [even though the chances of it using Curse are fairly high].

The calculations show that it would be good to have Stealth Rock and at least one layer of Spikes up, but it is not needed to still do damage...

While those calculations are pretty good, Luxray seems like an inferior Electivire in my opinion. Those Speed points are pretty crucial, as it allows you to outspeed Gyarados, adamant Lucario, Heatran, and a few others as well. Although Superpower and Intimidate could be helpful, Motor Drive and Flamethrower make up for it.

SnoreKiss

Now, while playing platinum, I was fooling around with togekiss's serene grace ability. Everyone knows serene grace and the doubling of added status effects. My idea is adding another 30% flinch move in addition to Air Slash to togekiss, and that move is Snore, a 40 power normal special attack with a 30% chance of flinching your opponent while you sleep, it may allow you 2 free turns of rest.

Togekiss
Bold nature with leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs. spread 174/0/64/20/0/252 (stats: 354/x/266/281/266/259)

-snore (works only while sleeping, 30% flinch)
-rest
-air slash (30% flinch)
-Ancient power/ominous wind/silver wind ( 10% chance of +1 boost to all stats)

this Kiss relies on a bit of luck (serene grace) from your All stats boost move (20% chance). The EV spread is made so the def/spcl. def matches, allowing for good bulk along with speed and decent HP so you can take hits while either flinching your opponent or getting that precious all stats boost. Rest allows full recovery of HP/status, and to use snore, which is a 60% chance flinch rate and stab allows you to do minor damage while resting and recovering, allowing you to rinse/repeat and annoy all over again while being status free (asides from resting).

I don't expect alot of people to really take this set seriously since it's a gimmick. I have tested this set on platinum, and I have been very happy with the results.

Okay, that Togekiss could work. But you are walled by steel and rock types. Not the mention Rotom-a. For it to work I suggest another pokemon on your team that spreads paralysis around (to cause your opponent to flinch you need to be faster) because Togekiss isn't the fastest around. I do think that you could add Aura Sphere in the last moveset as well. Same goes for Nasty Plot.

Anyway, it looks nice. Good Luck!

shaymin jolly@toxic orb
-swords dance
-rest
-facade
-seed bomb
252 spe/252 atk/6 hp

i really dont have my damage calcs and other stats right now, but im not on a computer so it would be too much to type, so for now i just want thoughts on it :]

shaymin jolly@toxic orb
-swords dance
-rest
-facade
-seed bomb
252 spe/252 atk/6 hp

i really dont have my damage calcs and other stats right now, but im not on a computer so it would be too much to type, so for now i just want thoughts on it :]
Basically, it sounds good, but what the hell toxic orb is doing here? Even if it powers up facade, return with life orb does it almost equally well and boosts seed bomb too. Moreover, the damage Shaymin takes is inferior and doesnt grow.

Also, Grass + Normal is good in UU, but in OU, a whole load of pokes resist it.

And please be a bit more precise about what this set is supposed to do, at least a little explanation.

Hope you will update it soon, physical Shaymin is quite interesting.

Metagross Set

Name: Metapunch
Metagross @ Choice Band/Life Orb
4 HP 252 SP/Spe
Thunderpunch
Icepunch
Meteor Mash/Bullet Punch
Earthquake

This set effectively works as a bolt-beam combo with both thunderpunch and icepunch. Typical bolt-beam covers many types, and will be very useful for metagross. Unfortunately, this set can easily be walled by scizor and several others due to the lack of an effective attack against the afore mentioned. However, with Icepunch and Earthquake, Metagross's two weaknesses are covered. Meteor Mash/Bullet Punch are for STAB. I suggest the typical 252/252/4 spread because this set is meant for sweeping. If you don't have a reliable bolt-beamer on your team, this set may help. Alternately, you could substitute one of the punches with explosion, but it would be a completely different set.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Basically, it sounds good, but what the hell toxic orb is doing here? Even if it powers up facade, return with life orb does it almost equally well and boosts seed bomb too. Moreover, the damage Shaymin takes is inferior and doesnt grow.

Also, Grass + Normal is good in UU, but in OU, a whole load of pokes resist it.

And please be a bit more precise about what this set is supposed to do, at least a little explanation.

Hope you will update it soon, physical Shaymin is quite interesting.
I guess Toxic Orb allows him to avoid other status like paralysis and freeze. However, since Shaymin has Natural Cure already, Life Orb would be better, yeh.

Name: Metapunch
Unfortunately, this set can easily be walled by scizor and several others due to the lack of an effective attack against the afore mentioned.
Funny, I could've swore Earthquake and Thunderpunch hit Scizor neutrally. I really hope you meant super effective and this set is a bad version of an existing one. :3

You could use Entei for this stall too instead of Infernape. It requires a trade off though: Speed and slack off for better defenses and access to Pressure.
So, the moveset would have to be a little different. Like this:

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 82 Def/176 Spe /252 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp/Roar
- Calm Mind
- Lava Plume
- Rest/Roar

176 Speed is to out-pace base 90's. WoW and calm mind are self- explanatory, and the third move here is optional really. But rest is all it has for recovery.

You could use Entei for this stall too instead of Infernape. It requires a trade off though: Speed and slack off for better defenses and access to Pressure.

- Will-o-wisp
- Calm Mind
- Toxic/Roar/Sleep talk
- Rest

176 Speed is to out-pace base 90's. WoW and calm mind are self- explanatory, and the third move here is optional really. But rest is all it has for recovery.
FYI, this entei is asking to be taunted, if you're going to utilize calm mind, use a flamethrower at least. pressure is a good ability, but there is too many moving parts in this set
I'd actually go lum berry and use flamethrower/fireblast over any in the 3rd moveslot, but then again, you run issues with flash fire pokemon, fire pokemon in general, water types, dragon types and rock types

This Lead WILL kill almost every common lead in the OU metagame. period.
Your basically looking at the standard CB hippo but tailored to be a lead killer.

Hippowdon @ Choice band
252 HP / 124 Atk / 132 Def

-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Sleeptalk

So whats so good about this?

It will negate focus sash and give you a OHKO every time, and still be bulky as hell lol. and most of the time they don't even get stealth rock up because they waist their turn taunting you. Sleep talk lets you beat lead sleep inducers too. He is your answer to Smeargle, who will either trick your for choice band and not be able to set up, or spore you and die to sleep talk (all three moves ohko smeargle).

So here's the most common leads it beats:

Azelf
Infernape
jirachi
Smeargle
Metagross
Heatran
Aerodactyl (always a 2hko though)
Tyranitar
Gengar

^*Thats a pretty Elite list

It's a gimmicky set that works A LOT. mostly because everyone expects stealth rock so they waist their turn taunting you and never get off their own stealth rocks. (unless your aero, but it cant touch Hippowdon anyways). I only ever switch out against obvious things like swampert, mamoswine or celebi.
Sandstorm is always a good thing to have on a team too because it can screw up stall teams leftover recovery and be used to stop raindance teams.
You guys should try it!
Good Game leads, eat sand.

Cool Hippowdon idea! Couple things, though:

First off, it doesn't scare Roserade. This is just me, and there's nothing that can be done, but that's a lead increasing in popularity. Also, I just hate them, so it's a personal requirement that all my leads can KILL Roserades; I replaced Ice Beam on my Empoleon Lead with Blizzard JUST to kill Roserade with that and Aqua Jet. That's me, though.

Number 2:
Element 115 said:
He is your answer to Smeargle, who will either trick your for choice band and not be able to set up, or spore you and die to sleep talk (all three moves ohko smeargle).
I'm afraid that this statement is simply not true if you follow Smogon standard Smeargle lead. Only Earthquake is a sure OHKO, doing 121.4% - 142.9%. The other three moves do the following to the standard "Spiker Lead", courtesy of Smogon Calc, and assuming an Adamant nature on your Hippowdon, because you seem to have forgotten to put a nature on this beast:

Adamant CB Hippowdon Stone Edge
vs. Jolly Smeargle : 81% - 95.2%

Adamant CB Hippowdon Crunch
vs. Jolly Smeargle : 64.7% - 76.2%

Overall I think this thing can be great! It even kills off Heatran through its Shuca Berry (128.4% - 151.9%)! Doesn't quite kill Metagross standards every time (94.5% - 112.1%), so there's a slight risk there as well, and since it's Steel typed, you can't rely on Sandstorm for that last bit. If you want, you can pump up the Attack EV's to 192, ensuring that you always OHKO Metagross, assuming Adamant again (100.5% - 118.7%), leaving you with 64 Defense EV's. You loose bulk, but you fully accomplish your task. I love lead ideas, and that's what seems to be central to this thread - that's why I visit here and post here so "often". If you avoid Smeargle, Roserade, and Swampert, I'm sure this could serve you well. One other issue I have is what this does when it's done with the opponent's lead. It's kinda bulky, but can it compete bulk-wise with the standard lead Don? Just a concern. I may have to try it at some point, though!

=)

The issue with absorbing Trick is that most Trickers are special attackers. Hippowdon can't take on these threats 1 v. 1. Only with solid prediction could this work. But your opponent could still act randomly (I usually Trick away my Scarf from Rotom right away).

Looks like a pretty good option. I would max attack and HP but that's just me.

Well as i stated, if a choiced pokemon tricks me, its tricked with hippowdons choice band. And now hippowdon has a scarf. how is this a good thing for you? i would 2hko your Rotom with crunch and you'd be forced to switch out or die.

Secondly max attack isn't needed. all those leads can be ohko'd with its current attack ev's. BTW with its current defenses it can never be ohkod by Salamence's +1 outrage with life orb.

On a side note, who would ever switch hippowdon into a special attacker anyways? He's meant to absorb sleep status, not choice items... although, if its from a lead its usually a good thing for you and bad for them. a) they don't get rocks up b) they are still choice and again, either switch out or die...

I havn't done the calc's for smeargle. i was only going off personal battle experience, and to be perfectly honest, i always ko'd it. They Must've been using different EV sets...maybe 252 hp/252 spe/4def ?

And yah, you can always play around with the ev's but those ones i liked best because u have great ko potential- while still being bulky enough to survive a +1 life orb outrage; which can come in handy!

- Will-o-wisp
- Calm Mind
- Toxic/Roar/Sleep talk
- Rest

I really love the set but what's the point of having calm mind if you have no attack? I suggest putting flamethrower instead of roar/sleep talk or replace WoW by lava plume.

Also, Toxic is rather useless if you have WoW, although this could be a double status moveset.

In all, a good set, but it needs improvement.

And for the Choiced Hippo Lead,

I loved the idea. Surprise factor in the lead "metagame" is always an asset and you can really rip appart most leads...

Except my Anti-Lead Shaymin (page 22). Good try though =).

I have to agree with Lumin that Lave Plume would be a nice alternative for Will-o-wisp as it has a 30% chance to burn. Especially coupled with Calm Mind.

haunter

Banned deucer.
yeah, lava plume seems better than W-o-W, and I believe that roar would be a better option as your 4th move, if anything, you'll be able to roar out Heatran and something like cro-Cune which may attempt at setting up on you.

Sadly Entei is largely outclassed in OU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)