Cacturne @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Spe / 252 SpA
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

This is a Cacturne set I've been testing on Shoddy to surprisingly good results. The core of the set is, of course, Spikes, which isn't exactly an accessible move in UU. I've always favored Cacturne as a special attacker in UU, which is why I'm going with Focus Blast/Dark Pulse, which easily tears apart most defensive Pokemon in UU, and has unresisted coverage outside of Toxicroak.

The Speed EVs outspeed 4 Spe Articuno, which hopefully can allow for a lucky flinch or two to kill it if Stealth Rocks are up.

With all the LO Zapdos sets running around, I'm surpised that there has been no mention of Drill Peck

Zapdos@Life Orb
Hasty/Naive; 120 Atk, 212 Sp.Atk, 176 Speed

Drill Peck
Heat Wave
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Grass

While the set does have less sp.atk, the boost in attack allows Drill Peck to do 35% minimum to Calm Blissey, which is significant once Blissey has been worn down a bit by Stealth Rock and maybe a Thunderbolt (which does 18% minimum). If Blissey comes in on Stealth Rock and takes just one Thunderbolt, and switches out without healing, it is always 2HKOd from Drill Peck as it comes back into Stealth Rock.

With Blissey gone, this allows Zapdos to sweep. The only issue is the lack of recovery when Stealth Rock and Life Orb are chipping away at Zapdos' HP.

A fire typed Puppy

Flareon@leftovers
160hp/96def/252sp.def@sassy
0speed ivs
-dig
-wish
-roar/fire blast
-fire blast/will-o-wisp/charm
Dig is used for heatran switch in trying to take on fire attacks, while working double as protect. Wish is for healing team mates and self. Roar is for shuffling around teams to scout. Fire blast for a big hard STAB off a decent special attack, or W-O-W to burn people for damage and to make up for it's lousy defense, or charm to lower attacks by more than half. The ev spread is to make use of it's good special defense, and making up for it's hp. Comment please. Least speed so if they switch out on dig, flareon would go secong, therefore not getting hit at all, and gets free SR damage on the switch in for dig, maybe a flying type, which SR badly injures.

Zapdos@Life Orb
Hasty/Naive; 120 Atk, 212 Sp.Atk, 176 Speed

Drill Peck
Heat Wave
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Grass
I'm sorry but I think you would be better off switching in a poke that can either setup or at least force Bliss to switch-out. 35% to what 45% ish? I don't think that will cut it. Just IMO.

A fire typed Puppy
Flareon@leftovers
160hp/96def/252sp.def
-dig
-wish
-roar/fire blast
-fire blast/will-o-wisp/charm
Dig is used for heatran switch in trying to take on fire attacks, while working double as protect. Wish is for healing team mates and self. Roar is for shuffling around teams to scout. Fire blast for a big hard STAB off a decent special attack, or W-O-W to burn people for damage and to make up for it's lousy defense, or charm to lower attacks by more than half. The ev spread is to make use of it's good special defense, and making up for it's hp. Comment please.
If they switch in on a dig, won't they just switch back out? Not to mention it will probably be to a flyer/levitater...

Hey I'm kinda new on this site. Not really because I'm always scrolling around. I'm not sure if this set has been mentioned on this site but I'm gonna post it here anyways.

Crobat NastyBat @ Focus Sash
Timid/Modest
4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd.
Nasty Plot
Sludgebomb
HP Ground/Fight/Ice
Heat Wave

After 1 nasty plot it has 568 Sp. Atk. with modest and 518 with Timid Go for the hidden power of your choice. HP ground is preferable allowing it to deal with Heatran. Fighting is good if you have a problem with Blissey and of course HP Ice for dragons. Timid is prefered over Modest so that you can speed tie with Jolteons and other base 130.

If anybody has posted a similar Froslass set, please tell me.

Froslass
Move 1: Ice Punch/Ice Shard
Move 2: Sucker Punch/Crunch
Move 3: Destiny Bond/Wake-Up Slap
Move 4: Trick
Item: Choice Band
Ability:Snow Cloak
Nature(s): Jolly
EVs: 0/252Atk/0/0/0/252Spd

Pretty straightforward.
Ice Punch for a semi-powerful attack.
Sucker Punch for finishing weakened pokemon, ghost-typed attackers and faster pokemon.
Trick to piss off walls and special sweepers (Stupid Ninetales...).
Destiny Bond to screw with Sucker Punch Pokemon, slower sweepers, etc.

Faster pokemon with status moves really screw this up.
Obviously this set requires a lot of prediction to use effectively, but what set doesn't?

Edit: I don't prefer Wake-up Slap since it could possibly awaken something I want asleep, but I can see it being useful.
Thanks for reminding me of Crunch. ^_^

If anybody has posted a similar Froslass set, please tell me.

Froslass
Move 1: Ice Punch/Ice Shard
Move 2: Sucker Punch/Bite
Move 3: Destiny Bond
Move 4: Trick
Item: Choice Band
Ability:Snow Cloak
Nature(s): Jolly
EVs: 0/252Atk/0/0/0/252Spd

Pretty straightforward.
Ice Punch for a semi-powerful attack.
Sucker Punch for finishing weakened pokemon, ghost-typed attackers and faster pokemon.
Trick to piss off walls and special sweepers (Stupid Ninetales...).
Destiny Bond to screw with Sucker Punch Pokemon, slower sweepers, etc.

Faster pokemon with status moves really screw this up.
Obviously this set requires a lot of prediction to use effectively, but what set doesn't?
Replace Bite with Crunch since Snorunt learns it via level up.

Also, you may want to list Wake-up Slap as an option over Destiny Bond, even though its base power is relatively low, it's good for coverage.

Beldum@ Choice Band
Brave
252 Atk, 200 Defense, 58 HP
~ Zen Headbutt
~ Iron Head
~ Take Down
~

Beldum achieves 343.5 Attack with a Choice Band, which is actually better than I expected, coming from this bottom-of-the-barrel piece of Metagross feces. While it'll never be one of the great powerhouses of our time (unless of course it evolves), Beldum does get several options thanks to Platinum Move Tutors, and thus can pull this off. Zen Headbutt and Iron Head don't provide the world's best coverage, but they'll have to do, as those and Take Down are Beldum's ONLY options. As a bonus, Beldum gets STAB on both moves, making them even more potent. Brave nature is naturally due to the fact that you should only attempt this on a Trick Room team. Notice I am NOT recommending this for OU- if you ARE fool enough to try this out in OU, it'd need an Adamant nature and some heavy Ninjask support. However, I would think this appropriate for UU.

Mankey@ Salac Berry
Jolly
Anger Point
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
~ Substitute
~ Close Combat
~ Fire Punch
~ Outrage

Mankey only achieves 262 speed with this, and that's hardly enough to outrun large threats. However, Mankey has one advantage Primeape can hardly boast- it's underevolved. People take one look at an underevolved Pokémon and think "free set-up". This allows you to put up a sub. Sub down to 1 HP so as to activate Salac, hopefully having your opponent activate Anger Point at the same time. There you are then, with +1 speed (393) and +6 attack. Together, Close Combat, Fire Punch, and Outrage hit EVERYTHING for neutral. Fire+dragon is only resisted by Heatran, which Close Combat takes care of. If used right, this can be devastating.
Anyone got anything to say about these movesets? The only comment I got was something stupid about Iron Defense on the Choice Band set... Come on, 343 attack with dual STAB? +1 Speed, +6 Attack, and three moves that hit everything for neutral or better? These have gotta be worth SOMETHING, you agree, no?

Anyone got anything to say about these movesets? The only comment I got was something stupid about Iron Defense on the Choice Band set... Come on, 343 attack with dual STAB? +1 Speed, +6 Attack, and three moves that hit everything for neutral or better? These have gotta be worth SOMETHING, you agree, no?
The reason you only got a troll response was because people saw it as a stupid troll post and therefore ignored it.

But now that you've brought it up again I'll say this. Beldum isn't allowed in UU, so if you're not suggesting it for OU you're not suggesting it for anything. That and Choice Band + Trick Room support is not an ideal strategy. Without Trick Room it is completely outclassed by Jirachi or Metagross. There is no reason to use Mankey over Primeape at all (no, smart players do not allow you free set up just because you are underevolved). Relying on activation of Anger Point is gimmicky at best, and even if you do pull it off the set still has problems with priority, scarfers and weather, all of which are relatively common in the current OU metagame.

If they switch in on a dig, won't they just switch back out? Not to mention it will probably be to a flyer/levitater...
But it'll provide more SR damage, and since flareon is so slow, he'll probably go second, so he wouldn't get hit, and causes switching a lot.

I dont see them being useful anywhere besides a NFE match? cant use em in UU gimicky if you ask me.

There is such a low chance of +1speed and +6 attack with anger point, the chance is so low. There is absolutely no point in those 2 sets, unless it's for NFE. If the ape actually does get freaking powerful vis anger point, something with priority can just come in a destroy you.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was looking over the analysis of some OU pokemon recently, and I'm sure that it was mentioned that Garchomp's special attack is usable (BS 80).

How interesting.

But then I saw that Chomp had no Choice Specs option. And I thought to myself, I wonder if it could run one...

Garchomp @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Timid

DRACO METEOR
EARTH POWER
FLAMETHROWER
DRAGON PULSE/SURF/OUTRAGE/HIDDEN POWER

EVs: 252 SAtk, 236 Spd, 20 HP

Garchomp got reliable ground-type STAB in Platinum, via the move tutors. Earth Power is now available and the old excuse of 'no ground moves' is no longer available.
As for the other moves, Draco Meteor is hideously overpowered STAB and its recoil is no problem for a Choice Specs pokemon, who has to switch many times anyway. Flamethrower takes care of everything that resists its STAB combination (ie. Skarmory and Bronzong).
The last moveslot is much a filler. Dragon Pulse is more reliable than Draco Meteor and is invaluable in lategame for a SpecsMence. Surf is there to hit stuff that you may be worried about, or may not be, such as Rhyperior and Gliscor. Outrage is there because... well, for some inexplicable reason its suddenly a good move, but on the serious side it's a physical attack for use on physical walls. Feel free to adjust the EVs to accomodate a physical attack. Hidden Power is for 4x weak pokemon you may want coverage against, for example HP Electric for Gyarados.
The Nature and EVs, I think, allow you to outspeed all +Speed Nature Base 100 pokemon while maintaining some degree of bulk.

Reasons to use this over SpecsMence? It's faster, has STAB Earth Power and nearly every move that SpecsMence can use (with Earth Power over HP ground and Surf over Hydro Pump) as well as some unique to it.
However, it does not have Salamence's great Special Attack Stat, and is rather inferior to every other Chomp incarnation you see. But the surprise factor can knock an opponent off guard... until, of course, you realise that the opponent just brought in Blissey, and you must flee in terror.

The reason you only got a troll response was because people saw it as a stupid troll post and therefore ignored it.

But now that you've brought it up again I'll say this. Beldum isn't allowed in UU, so if you're not suggesting it for OU you're not suggesting it for anything. That and Choice Band + Trick Room support is not an ideal strategy. Without Trick Room it is completely outclassed by Jirachi or Metagross. There is no reason to use Mankey over Primeape at all (no, smart players do not allow you free set up just because you are underevolved). Relying on activation of Anger Point is gimmicky at best, and even if you do pull it off the set still has problems with priority, scarfers and weather, all of which are relatively common in the current OU metagame.
Um, why isn't Beldum allowed in UU? It only learns a total of four moves! Is this because Metagross is OU? Well, then, by that logic, why don't we just ban Magikarp from UU! Sure, why not? I mean, after all, Gyarados is OU, so why not Magikarp? Oh, I know! Because Magikarp's stats and movepool are LAUGHABLE! Beldum has slightly better stats, but no bigger a movepool (OK, so it has more moves that actually DO something than Magikarp has, but each only gets four moves!). However, Magikarp isn't usable whatsoever, whereas Beldum, as I've detailed above, IS usable.

And about Mankey, I meant free set-up for the OPPONENT. They see an unevolved Pokemon, and figure that it can't do much to it, so THEY take an additional turn to set up. GET IT?

I was looking over the analysis of some OU pokemon recently, and I'm sure that it was mentioned that Garchomp's special attack is usable (BS 80).

How interesting.

But then I saw that Chomp had no Choice Specs option. And I thought to myself, I wonder if it could run one...

Garchomp @ Choice Specs

DRACO METEOR
EARTH POWER
FLAMETHROWER

Garchomp got reliable ground-type STAB in Platinum, via the move tutors. Earth Power is now available and the old excuse of 'no ground moves' is no longer available.
As for the other moves, Draco Meteor is hideously overpowered STAB and its recoil is no problem for a Choice Specs pokemon, who has to switch many times anyway. Flamethrower takes care of everything that resists its STAB combination (ie. Skarmory and Bronzong).
The last moveslot is much a filler. Dragon Pulse is more reliable than Draco Meteor and is invaluable in lategame for a SpecsMence. Surf is there to hit stuff that you may be worried about, or may not be, such as Rhyperior and Gliscor. Outrage is there because... well, for some inexplicable reason its suddenly a good move, but on the serious side it's a physical attack for use on physical walls. Feel free to adjust the EVs to accomodate a physical attack. Hidden Power is for 4x weak pokemon you may want coverage against, for example HP Electric for Gyarados.
The Nature and EVs, I think, allow you to outspeed all +Speed Nature Base 100 pokemon while maintaining some degree of bulk.

Reasons to use this over SpecsMence? It's faster, has STAB Earth Power and nearly every move that SpecsMence can use (with Earth Power over HP ground and Surf over Hydro Pump) as well as some unique to it.
However, it does not have Salamence's great Special Attack Stat, and is rather inferior to every other Chomp incarnation you see. But the surprise factor can knock an opponent off guard... until, of course, you realise that the opponent just brought in Blissey, and you must flee in terror.
You're a little behind the times. Garchomp's been Uber for several months now.

Does that mean I can't post new movesets for Ubers? So this thread is only for Standard Pokemon? I'll try to read more carefully next time.
I doubt it's that you just posted it as if it was for OU play naming things it can beat, counters, etc. Not an Uber description.

Does that mean I can't post new movesets for Ubers? So this thread is only for Standard Pokemon? I'll try to read more carefully next time.
No, you can post sets for ubers. It's just that your post seemed to imply that you thought that Garchomp was still OU, and mentioning several OU pokemon didn't help.

Missingno.Master, just please come up with better movesets next time. Put some effort into it. Giving a NFE a moveset of it's fully evolved form isn't creative, everyone can do that. So just PLEASE com up with BETTER movesets than CB beldum or a Mankey running a set plausible for Primeape.

Can someone comment on my flareon set?

EDIT:I once ran a mixed LO garchomp before is was uber. I had surf for gliscor and hippo, fire blast for steels, and then just earthquake and outrage for STAB. Too bad the set doesn't work in uber.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Bulky Calm Mind Alakazam
Timid nature
152 HP / 180 SpD / 176 Spe
@ Leftovers

Substitute
Calm Mind
Signal Beam / Focus Blast
Psychic

Turns any Celebi / Cressilia / Blissey without Seismic Toss into set-up bait. Considering the popularity of Flamethrower/Toxic Blissey, that's quite a few of them. The given EVs prevent them from breaking your subs even before you Calm Mind so you can throw up a sub against them no matter what.

After a couple boosts, Zapdos and Vaporeon do not break your subs either. Just watch out for Sandstorm and Spiritomb and you'll do OK.
i've been breeding for this and using it on shoddy lol

I've modified the Smogon Encore set for Clefable to include Trick from the Platinum Move Tutors. It's been working very well and you can see the team it complements in my RMT.

Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed (Needs enough Speed to outrun Scizor)
Lonely Nature
- Trick
- Facade
- Protect/Meteor Mash
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Not too original, but damn helpful even in OU! I also feel obliged to post this deadly moveset.

Combee @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Honey Gather
EVs: 100 Attack, 152 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed
Naive Nature
- Ominous Wind
- Swift
- Air Cutter
- Bug Bite

Sorry, just had to post it!

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I've been using Trick Clefable with a lot of success as well, and will do a Peer Edit on it soon, but maybe you should try Flame Orb since in UU many Fighting types will be the most common switch ins, and a Flame Orb stops them pretty well

How interesting.

Garchomp @ Choice Specs

DRACO METEOR
EARTH POWER
FLAMETHROWER

This set would be hilarious to use, if not only for the surprise factor. But yeah, since he's uber now, this set isn't all that great. :P

I'd probably use one if it wasn't uber though.

Since this hasn't been mentioned...

Shiftry@ Life Orb
252 ATK, 252 SPE, 4 HP
Adamant(+atk,-spatk) /Jolly(+spe,-spatk-)
-Swords Dance
-Seed Bomb
-Sucker Punch
-Rock Slide/Explosion
While it went mostly under the radar the switch to Platinum gave Shiftry an entire new dimension to its attacking throwing the door open for its physical attack (which is 10 base points higher than its special) with not one but dual STABs. Simply come in and SD up. What really helps thouugh is STAB Sucker Punch which helps his average speed problem. For the last slot Rock Slide can be used for more type coverage but an SD Explosion is not to be trifled with (plus Rock Slide kind makes you a worse Cacturne). Seed Bomb for STAB.

Since this hasn't been mentioned...

Shiftry@ Life Orb
252 ATK, 252 SPE, 4 HP
Adamant(+atk,-spatk) /Jolly(+spe,-spatk-)
-Swords Dance
-Seed Bomb
-Sucker Punch
-Rock Slide/Explosion
While it went mostly under the radar the switch to Platinum gave Shiftry an entire new dimension to its attacking throwing the door open for its physical attack (which is 10 base points higher than its special) with not one but dual STABs. Simply come in and SD up. What really helps thouugh is STAB Sucker Punch which helps his average speed problem. For the last slot Rock Slide can be used for more type coverage but an SD Explosion is not to be trifled with (plus Rock Slide kind makes you a worse Cacturne). Seed Bomb for STAB.
Looks like a good set for a physical sweeper, heres something for shiftry I came up with a while back.

Shiftry (Shiftry) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 204 HP/152 Atk/152 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch

So, SubSeeding Shiftry. Basic premise is to switch in on something that has trouble with Shiftry, and set uo and begin to reheal from SR, whatever, doesn't matter. Probably not as good as the set mentioned above, but I still like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)