NU NeverUsed Ladder Tournament VIII - Cycle 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Cycle 2 of NeverUsed's Official Ladder Tournament. If your sign-up post does not follow the rules explained below, it will be ignored. This Cycle will run for 8 days and will end Friday July 28th at 5:59 am GMT-4.

Here are the specifics:

1. The host of this tournament is Meri Berry (cohost TBD). We will be using the regular Pokemon Showdown SV NU ladder for this tournament, not a new one. This will ensure maximum activity and competition.

2. The qualification period for the NULT will run for a total of 4 cycles with roughly 8 days per cycles. After each 8 day cycle, the top 6 accounts that appear on the leaderboard (using ELO) at the end of the cycle with the sign-up criteria explained in #3 below will qualify for the playoffs of the NULT. The ladder is not reset after each cycle, only alts are (meaning you create a new alt after each cycle). The top 2 players from each cycle will receive a Bye during round 1 of playoffs, so there is an incentive to reaching top 2 of any cycle.

We are currently in Cycle 2, which means that after 8 days [ending on Friday July 28th at 5:59 am GMT-4], the top 6 accounts that signed up for this tournament following the proper sign-up criteria explained in #3 below will be qualified for the eventual playoffs of the NULT.

3. In order to sign-up for the NULT, FOLLOW THE SIGN-UP FORMAT BELOW AND REGISTER YOUR FRESHLY MADE ALT ON POKEMON SHOWDOWN USING THE FORMAT BELOW:

[NT82JM] ForumNameHere
- "ForumNameHere" obviously denotes your forum name. You are only allowed one alt per cycle, which must follow the aforementioned format.

Here's an example sign-up post for you all to follow:

Forum name: Meri Berry
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM meri
Does my alt for Cycle 2 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes
YOU MUST SIGN UP WITH YOUR FRESHLY MADE ALT BEFORE STARTING BATTLES WITH IT. You will not be allowed to edit this alt after you include it in your initial sign-up for any given cycle. By the way, make sure to register your LT alt on Pokemon Showdown!. We've had to deal with people who got their account registered by someone else because they were unprotected. It is advised that you once you sign up here, you immediately register the accounts on PS afterwards.

4. Once you make the top 6 and qualify (this does not mean making the top 6 at any given point during the cycle, it means being in the top 6 at the end of the cycle), you’re qualified for playoffs. You are free to ladder any other week you wish. However, making the top 6 more than once won’t give a player anything other than personal satisfaction and bragging rights. However, if you do get in the top 2 after being between 3-6 a previous week, you can still get the r1 bye, and the first sub from the previous round will qualify in your place. If a person qualifies again during a week after their initial qualification, the newly qualified account will be skipped and the next unqualified account will be selected from the leaderboard to participate in the tournament.

5. Given that this is a ladder tournament, many of you are likely thinking there are ways people can cheat the system. Any person found cheating will be subject to strict punishments. (asking people to forfeit is cheating lol don't be dumb)

To add onto that: if we have a reason to believe you forfeited a game to boost a friend's account, you will be sanctioned.

Good luck to everyone! Please make sure to read the rules of the tournament carefully. If your sign-up post does not follow the rules explained above, it will be ignored. This Cycle will run for 8 days and will end on Friday July 28th at 5:59 am GMT-4.

The ladder tour deadlines will be shifted by 6 hours every cycle, so the next round will be ending at 6am (or 5:59am lol) gmt-4 so that people in every time zone will have fair deadlines to qualify with.

Last edited:

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Forum name:DKM
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM DKM
Does my alt for Cycle 2 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes

Forum name: Phantomistix
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM phx

Forum name: RimarinaLOVE
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM rima

kythr

save the ocean
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NUPL Champion
Forum name: kythr
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM k

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
Forum name: etern
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM eeeee

Last edited:

Kebab mlml

Mitridate, re del Ponto
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Forum name: Kebab mlml
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM Kebby

Forum name: Togkey
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM Togekiss

Forum name: Soucou
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM SoucoUwU

Forum name: AstilCodex
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM Xedoc

Forum name: Realistic Waters
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM Water Water

Wadley

formerly outbackrabbit
is a Tiering Contributoris the defending NU Circuit Champion
NUPL Champion
Forum name: wadley
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM wad

Forum name: Redemption
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM RedemptioNU

Last edited:

Carmin

Fat & Furious
is a Tiering Contributor
Forum name: Carmin
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM Carmindu06

Forum name: John1240
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM John1240

Frixel

Double down
is a Social Media Contributor
Forum name: Frixel
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM Frixel

Forum name: Pyrosagon
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JMPyro

Hats

Photon Bomber
is a Social Media Contributor
Forum name: Hats
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM Hats

• Love
Reactions: h4g

bodi

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tiering Contributor
Forum name: Bodi 69
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM Bodi

OranBerryBlissey10

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
Forum name: OranBerryBlissey10
Cycle 2 Alt: NT82JM Oran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)