Other Metagames Need some in-depth advice on my BH Offensive Team - mainly for Mon choices or move lists, but anything is appreciated.

Audino-Mega @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Salt Cure
- Haze
- Recover
- Teleport

Audino is my primary wall, with recover and haze to stall out setup sweepers and salt cure to remove threats or chip away at more defensive opponents. Recover allows more staying power, and teleport undercuts a huge portion of other pivot moves. Not much else related to this one, it just serves as either a stally wall-type Mon or a more pivoty defensive Mon depending on the necessary role in the matchup. I'm pretty confident with this one.

Kyogre-Primal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Mortal Spin
- Knock Off
- Flip Turn
- Steam Eruption

Primal Kyogre is the main pivot of the team. Kitted with a pretty typical moveset and a common regenvest setup, this is probably the most meta-standard Mon on the team. Mortal spin clears hazards and poisons frailer sweepers, while knock off can cripple a lot of walls or offensive Mons that rely on an item in some capacity. Flip turn serves as the main pivot for me, while steam eruption was chosen due to the overall coverage it provides with the STAB bonus as well as larger damage more consistently then origin pulse or surf.

Zeus (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Shiny: No
Tera Type: Fairy
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Victory Dance
- Bitter Blade
- Poltergeist

This is a standard wallbreaker Zcrowned, with one exception. Poltergeist serves both as a cleaner attack for Lunala and Marshadow setups, and as a check for psychic threats like mega Alakazam. Otherwise, standard phys attack sweeper with a recovery bitter blade and a victory dance setup.

Lucario-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Close Combat

This brawler Lucario is build mostly for the joy of a tough Claws sunsteel strike. It's a massively useful wall breaker, with the usage of close combat and sunsteel strike dispatching a surprising amount of threats well. U-turn isn't super necessary, but it comes in handy when i'm faced with a threat that requires a pivot back. Bolt strike is useful as a coverage attack, and the para chance is useful, but it probably could be upgraded to something more utilitarian.

Lunala @ Spell Tag
Ability: Simple
Tera Type: Psychic
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- No Retreat
- Stored Power
- Astral Barrage
- Final Gambit

This simple-no retreat Lunala has one odd feature I chose specifically for the team variety. Most Lunalas i've seen have had the typical ghostplate-judgement combo, which certainly offers more imposter protection and maybe more consistency? Not sure. However, I decided to go with a spell tag-astral barrage combo. This is because i've noticed the difference in power between judgement and barrage to be actually relevant, with barrage pushing the bonus from spell tag (or plate) to its limit. Stored power is an obvious choice, and final gambit serves as essentially a "screw you" to anyone who topsy-turveys my Lunala. Is there better counterplay? Probably, but final gambit HAS worked for me so far as a useful trade tool.

Koraidon @ Choice Band
Ability: Magic Guard
Jolly Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Dragon Darts

This Koraidon set is a little bit non-standard, with a full set of offensive moves. In general, I use Koraidon to push an offense forward if we're stalling or getting stalled, with glaive rush and close combat being heavy wallbreaker moves and u-turn once again being used as an "oh shit" button. Magic guard prevents the Mon from being stalled out with toxic, or getting ripped apart by entries. Dragon darts is absolutely a filler move, since I wasn't quite sure what to do with the last slot.

Last edited:

Sassy Nature
- Salt Cure
- Haze
- Recover
- Teleport

Audino is my primary wall, with recover and haze to stall out setup sweepers and salt cure to remove threats or chip away at more defensive opponents. Recover allows more staying power, and teleport undercuts a huge portion of other pivot moves. Not much else related to this one, it just serves as either a stally wall-type Mon or a more pivoty defensive Mon depending on the necessary role in the matchup. I'm pretty confident with this one.

Lonely Nature
- Mortal Spin
- Knock Off
- Flip Turn
- Steam Eruption

Primal Kyogre is the main pivot of the team. Kitted with a pretty typical moveset and a common regenvest setup, this is probably the most meta-standard Mon on the team. Mortal spin clears hazards and poisons frailer sweepers, while knock off can cripple a lot of walls or offensive Mons that rely on an item in some capacity. Flip turn serves as the main pivot for me, while steam eruption was chosen due to the overall coverage it provides with the STAB bonus as well as larger damage more consistently then origin pulse or surf.

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Pixilate
Gentle Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot
- U-turn
- Boomburst

Here's where a lot of you will start to get a little less bored. ZC with a pixilate-boomburst setup, without a population bomb. This was done because I haven't been having much success with the randomness of population bomb, as well as finding its damage a little lacking. Boomburst offers a more powerful and far more consistent source of damage. Flash cannon and u-turn are more variable moves, with u-turn being just for escaping an especially terrible matchup and getting a pivot in. Flash cannon can and probably should be replaced, as it serves not much purpose beyond a STAB attack, but i'm not sure what by.

Lucario-Mega @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Close Combat

This brawler Lucario is build mostly for the joy of a tough Claws sunsteel strike. It's a massively useful wall breaker, with the usage of close combat and sunsteel strike dispatching a surprising amount of threats well. U-turn isn't super necessary, but it comes in handy when i'm faced with a threat that requires a pivot back. Bolt strike is useful as a coverage attack, and the para chance is useful, but it probably could be upgraded to something more utilitarian.

Lunala @ Spell Tag
Modest Nature
- No Retreat
- Stored Power
- Astral Barrage
- Final Gambit

This simple-no retreat Lunala has one odd feature I chose specifically for the team variety. Most Lunalas i've seen have had the typical ghostplate-judgement combo, which certainly offers more imposter protection and maybe more consistency? Not sure. However, I decided to go with a spell tag-astral barrage combo. This is because i've noticed the difference in power between judgement and barrage to be actually relevant, with barrage pushing the bonus from spell tag (or plate) to its limit. Stored power is an obvious choice, and final gambit serves as essentially a "screw you" to anyone who topsy-turveys my Lunala. Is there better counterplay? Probably, but final gambit HAS worked for me so far as a useful trade tool.

Koraidon @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Dragon Darts

This Koraidon set is a little bit non-standard, with a full set of offensive moves. In general, I use Koraidon to push an offense forward if we're stalling or getting stalled, with glaive rush and close combat being heavy wallbreaker moves and u-turn once again being used as an "oh shit" button. Magic guard prevents the Mon from being stalled out with toxic, or getting ripped apart by entries. Dragon darts is absolutely a filler move, since I wasn't quite sure what to do with the last slot.
Nice team here. I don't place BH myself, but I have a few minor suggestions.

1. Replace flash cannon with Tachyon cutter on Zacian if you want to keep STAB. It's objectively better in every way.

2. If you don't want to keep STAB, replace flash cannon with earth power for good coverage.

3. It'd be nice for bolt strike to be replaced with fusion bolt/plasma fists (just more reliable. You can keep it if you want.)

That's all I have to say. Like I said before, I don't play BH, but I felt that I could help anyways. Hope these suggestions help you!

Nice team here. I don't place BH myself, but I have a few minor suggestions.

1. Replace flash cannon with Tachyon cutter on Zacian if you want to keep STAB. It's objectively better in every way.

2. If you don't want to keep STAB, replace flash cannon with earth power for good coverage.

3. It'd be nice for bolt strike to be replaced with fusion bolt/plasma fists (just more reliable. You can keep it if you want.)

That's all I have to say. Like I said before, I don't play BH, but I felt that I could help anyways. Hope these suggestions help you!
Thanks! I've replaced Koraidon's Dragon Darts with earthquake instead of the earth power, since I think I need the coverage for Zcrowned. Plasma fists is unfortunately illegal, so bolt strike is staying for now. Tachyon cutter is absolutely a better move suggestion, surprised I missed it honestly.

Thanks! I've replaced Koraidon's Dragon Darts with earthquake instead of the earth power, since I think I need the coverage for Zcrowned. Plasma fists is unfortunately illegal, so bolt strike is staying for now. Tachyon cutter is absolutely a better move suggestion, surprised I missed it honestly.
You're welcome! I find it nice that my suggestions are being used.

Sassy Nature
- Salt Cure
- Haze
- Recover
- Teleport

Lonely Nature
- Mortal Spin
- Knock Off
- Flip Turn
- Steam Eruption

Zeus (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Shiny: No
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Victory Dance
- Bitter Blade
- Poltergeist

This is a standard wallbreaker Zcrowned, with one exception. Poltergeist serves both as a cleaner attack for Lunala and Marshadow setups, and as a check for psychic threats like mega Alakazam. Otherwise, standard phys attack sweeper with a recovery bitter blade and a victory dance setup.

Lucario-Mega @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Close Combat

Lunala @ Spell Tag
Modest Nature
- No Retreat
- Stored Power
- Astral Barrage
- Final Gambit

Koraidon @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Dragon Darts

hi, some nitpicks:
your team doesn't do particularly well into Imposter (especially Zacian-C) - it can and will 6-0 your team or at the least farm the hell out of Primal Kyogre. what you should do is Imposter-proof your mons using natural bulk, typing, and abilities.

anyways, apart from that, Lunala's usual role is to enable your teammates by removing special walls, but you have nothing to take advantage of them being gone; Koraidon will do nothing into any Fur Coat users; and you generally don't have much defensive counterplay against most offensive threats in the tier (such as Magic Guard Ghostceus)

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
hi so yeah improofing was already mentioned but i'll add some more stuff here:
  • natures / EVs aren't optimized. any strictly defensive pivot should be absolute min speed unless -attack really matters; in audino's case you're sassy but still have max EVs and IVs, primal kyogre should also be sassy min speed (lonely gets you nothing of value).
  • koraidon's set is... weird. choice band's boost over life orb isn't really worth the inflexibility of the choice lock, and being band without a boosting ability / super effective coverage means you have a bander that isn't KOing stuff which is a massive problem. i would probably end up leaning either direction; mg band is a middle ground that gets the main benefits of neither magic guard life orb or tough claws choice band. darts is also a completely wasted slot here, especially on magic guard, because its one use case (dodging helmet) is offset by magic guard; dodging bulwark is almost irrelevant when you simply can't hit the main user, mega audino, for good damage anyway.
  • the team doesn't really have any sustainable defense. this is a problem because your team isn't so overtuned in offense that it can afford to have one slot sacked to screens + haze and then use 5 offensive mons; if an enemy choice item user gets in, then you're essentially forced to sack something to reposition, and there's not really enough killpower to successfully win trade wars against most teams. as it currently stands, koraidon and lunala are kind of dead slots (koraidon is a choice bander that deals no damage, lunala can gambit but for what follow-up), so swapping one of these for a fur coat user that can imposter-proof lucario would be my recommendation.
  • on the lunala, i'm not confident that astral barrage is actually worth it over the self-imposter-proofing of judgment. on top of spooky plate simply being better (arceus' trick fails if either pokemon holds a plate), the only case where you're going to be clicking the ghost move over stored power is if the target resists psychic and doesn't resist ghost; of the meta-relevant mons, this leaves ash-greninja, celesteela, lunala, mega steelix, and registeel. of these, astral over judge only matters for non-assault vest non-sassy celesteela and registeel; astral only guarantees that celesteela goes down in one +2 hit (judge can still ohko) and has a small chance to OHKO registeel. given that you don't have any proper lunala imposter-proofs on the team, ghost judge seems much more flexible over having to fit a yveltal (as +2 plate astral still won't OHKO imp chansey, so even if you win the speed tie you lose if it's full).
  • zacian's set can be optimized with swords dance, sunsteel strike, v-create, and some filler move. behemoth blade is objectively worse than sunsteel (which ignores fur coat), v-create offers better anti-steel than bitter blade on account of being twice as strong even if you have to switch after use (and if this is a problem then precipice blades / headlong rush are still better), and some filler move like bolt strike can round out the set by picking off something like mega slowbro.
  • something worth considering on lucario is electro drift. it lacks the paralysis and deals a tiny bit less raw damage but makes up for this by OHKOing mega slowbro, the set's current main problem, in addition to deleting fur coat celesteela which isn't guaranteed 2HKOed by bolt.

Last edited:
hi so yeah improofing was already mentioned but i'll add some more stuff here:
  • natures / EVs aren't optimized. any strictly defensive pivot should be absolute min speed unless -attack really matters; in audino's case you're sassy but still have max EVs and IVs, primal kyogre should also be sassy min speed (lonely gets you nothing of value).
  • koraidon's set is... weird. choice band's boost over life orb isn't really worth the inflexibility of the choice lock, and being band without a boosting ability / super effective coverage means you have a bander that isn't KOing stuff which is a massive problem. i would probably end up leaning either direction; mg band is a middle ground that gets the main benefits of neither magic guard life orb or tough claws choice band. darts is also a completely wasted slot here, especially on magic guard, because its one use case (dodging helmet) is offset by magic guard; dodging bulwark is almost irrelevant when you simply can't hit the main user, mega audino, for good damage anyway.
  • the team doesn't really have any sustainable defense. this is a problem because your team isn't so overtuned in offense that it can afford to have one slot sacked to screens + haze and then use 5 offensive mons; if an enemy choice item user gets in, then you're essentially forced to sack something to reposition, and there's not really enough killpower to successfully win trade wars against most teams. as it currently stands, koraidon and lunala are kind of dead slots (koraidon is a choice bander that deals no damage, lunala can gambit but for what follow-up), so swapping one of these for a fur coat user that can imposter-proof lucario would be my recommendation.
  • on the lunala, i'm not confident that astral barrage is actually worth it over the self-imposter-proofing of judgment. on top of spooky plate simply being better (arceus' trick fails if either pokemon holds a plate), the only case where you're going to be clicking the ghost move over stored power is if the target resists psychic and doesn't resist ghost; of the meta-relevant mons, this leaves ash-greninja, celesteela, lunala, mega steelix, and registeel. of these, astral over judge only matters for non-assault vest non-sassy celesteela and registeel; astral only guarantees that celesteela goes down in one +2 hit (judge can still ohko) and has a small chance to OHKO registeel. given that you don't have any proper lunala imposter-proofs on the team, ghost judge seems much more flexible over having to fit a yveltal (as +2 plate astral still won't OHKO imp chansey, so even if you win the speed tie you lose if it's full).
  • zacian's set can be optimized with swords dance, sunsteel strike, v-create, and some filler move. behemoth blade is objectively worse than sunsteel (which ignores fur coat), v-create offers better anti-steel than bitter blade on account of being twice as strong even if you have to switch after use (and if this is a problem then precipice blades / headlong rush are still better), and some filler move like bolt strike can round out the set by picking off something like mega slowbro.
  • something worth considering on lucario is electro drift. it lacks the paralysis and deals a tiny bit less raw damage but makes up for this by OHKOing mega slowbro, the set's current main problem, in addition to deleting fur coat celesteela which isn't guaranteed 2HKOed by bolt.
Thanks a lot, i'll take that info and run with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)