need help on soft resetting

hello fellow smogoners, i am going to soft reset for shiny starters and i need your guys help on a few things
1. do i have to new game each time i soft reset or simply save in front of the bags and soft reset-load my game-choose the starter until i get shiny?
2. do trainer number has anything to do with rate of getting shiny? i.e certain numbers has higher rate of getting shiny compare to other numbers

i ask this because i never soft reset for shiny starters before and i really need your help, thanks ^^

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
This is really better suited for This Thread, but I'll answer you anyway.

1. No, you merely have to save in front of the bags and soft reset like normal.

2. None of that matters. Shiny pokemon appear at a rate of 1/8192. Trainer ID has no bearing on this whatsoever and so the rate of appearance is still random.

Another thing to tell you: No one on Smogon cares about Shinies, unless they are good in most of the stats and have a good nature. The chance of that happening along with its being shiny, if you're SRing, is about 1/500000. You'd be better off trading your bad shinies on GameFAQs or Serebii.

Your best bet would be just to breed for good IV's and randomly hope that one of your Pokémon comes out shiny. That way, you can develop a good reputation on Smogon.

If you want a shiny starter that badly then you should get into the game and whore your non-shiny starter off with a ditto. That is much faster than endlessly resetting at the start.

Or you could just buy an AR or get someone in the Wi-Fi forum to hack one for you.

Arzamo is wrong when he says that shinies have no value on Smogon. They're much better than normal pokemon at being thought hacked!

I'm suprised this thread hasn't been locked yet...

hmm im soft resetting just for fun since i have nothing to do right now, and i have done breeding most of my team, since im thinking to soft reset for legendaries, i just start a new game and since im on it why not soft resetting for starters too, i didnt say that this shiny starters will have super high value on smogon or anything, i just want to do it and i need help thats all, and for those who already answer my question, thanks

Assuming it takes 30 seconds to SR in front of the bag. (Probably around a minute)

1 in 8192 means you need to SR roughly 16,384 times.

Assuming 30 seconds each time, thats 8,192 minutes SRing.

Thats 136 hours.

Assuming you sleep, you need to do this seven days straight, 15 hours a day doing NOTHING, not eating, drinking or even crapping.

Maybe nine days would give you some bathroom time.

Then what happens if you finally get it?

"Hey guys! I got a shiny! But i'm also covered in my own poo! Can I have some food..?"

"Who cares. Go away."

Really its not worth the time.
lol that turned him away from sring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)