Gen 5 Need help making a Single Trick Room team

I want to compete in a Single Gen 5 tournament and I want to make a Trick Room team. I know, I have heard that Trick Room is really unreliable in Singles but I want to give it a shot anyways. I feel like the team I have built so far is really bad though, I would be glad if you guys could give me suggestions and tell me who I could add as a 6th pokemon. I don't have any competitive experience yet this is my very first team lol.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Teleport
- Tri Attack

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Fake Out
- Stone Edge

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Water
Brave Nature
- Crabhammer
- Night Slash
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
Tera Type: Ghost
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Here for a better overview: https://pokepast.es/1de6bc051f6342e6

Thanks in advance.

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
I want to compete in a Single Gen 5 tournament and I want to make a Trick Room team. I know, I have heard that Trick Room is really unreliable in Singles but I want to give it a shot anyways. I feel like the team I have built so far is really bad though, I would be glad if you guys could give me suggestions and tell me who I could add as a 6th pokemon. I don't have any competitive experience yet this is my very first team lol.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Teleport
- Tri Attack

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Fake Out
- Stone Edge

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Crabhammer
- Night Slash
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Thanks in advance.
Is this for Gen 5 OU or some other format?

Gamer1234556

"Because... Scald is a shit Ferro answer!!!"
Ok, I am going to assume that the ruleset is standard, so that makes my suggestions easier. I haven't been in touch with this metagame for a while, so bear with me.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Teleport
- Tri Attack

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Fake Out
- Stone Edge

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Crabhammer
- Night Slash
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Thanks in advance.
Dedicated Trick Room teams are completely unviable in any serious game. If anyone is going to make a team around Trick Room, you may as well try building a team around Trick Room Reuniclus.

An actual viable TR Reuniclus team looks like this (The sets aren't set in stone, so you can play around with them if you want): :skarmory::heatran::tyranitar::jellicent::latios::alakazam:

Last edited:

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
Ok, I am going to assume that the ruleset is standard, so that makes my suggestions easier. I haven't been in touch with this metagame for a while, so bear with me.

Dedicated Trick Room teams are completely unviable in any serious game. If anyone is going to make a team around Trick Room, you may as well try building a team around Trick Room Reuniclus.

An actual viable TR Reuniclus team looks like this (The sets aren't set in stone, so you can play around with them if you want): :skarmory::heatran::tyranitar::jellicent::latios::alakazam:
If his ruleset allows everything except legendaries, that means this tournament allows a lot of strategies and pokemon that standard Gen 5 OU doesn't allow (Baton Pass Chains, DrizzleSwim, Blaziken etc.) and bans a lot of Gen 5 OU staples like Latios, Keldeo etc..

dawn to the dusk

during the tough day
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello, I'm sorry to say that trickroom teams are not common in bw environments, and the playability is not very high. The usage rate of other common Pokemon is even lower. It is easy to get overwhelmed by offensive fire outside the trickroom. In the space of the trick and the protect is dragged round, resulting in no way to open the gap of the other team's defense. But I still help you improve the team in my understanding, I hope you like it. These Pokemon must retain enough functionality and exit means to ensure that the trick room has enough for the back-row enforcer to output.
trickroom atk (pokepast.es)
There are not many alternative options, because the formation comparison is single, the only one I think is the conke set can be changed, there is no need to worry about the damage caused by burns
Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)