Battle Stadium Need help forming by Battle Stadium Singles Team (Series 11)

Hi, I need help forming my BSS team, as I realised that my team may have several flaws that can be exploited. I hope I can get feedback that will greatly help my team. Without further ado...
Necrozma  sprite from Home

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

I chose Necrozma-Dusk-Mane as my mon because it can counter Xerneas wtith Sunsteel Strike. It can also counter Zacian-Crowned thanks to Earthquake; the weakness policy used up will guarantee the kill. Stone Edge is necessary to deal with threats such as Yveltal, Ho-Oh, Volcarona attempting to set up. Earthquake is also useful to counter Heatran, Cinderace and Nagandel. The spread of 252 HP and 252 Atk is needed to live at worst a super-effective hit, which is helped by Prism Armor and its decent typing. Dragon Dance is needed to solve its speed problem and increase its offensive prowress, outspeeding and potentially fainting offensive Ho-Oh, Urshifu (requires caution). Even if it doesn't faint them, it can wear down the Weather duo, allowing its teammates to take its hard work. (I also chose it because it is my favourite legendary mon, alongside Ho-Oh, Groudon and Mewtwo.)
There are other counters to this legendary mon however, which is why its teammates are vital.

Tapu Fini  sprite from Home

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Level: 50
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Taunt

A problem that Necrozma-Dusk-Mane can face is that it can be paralysed or burned, which severally limits the Lion pokemon to sweep effectively. That is where Tapu Fini comes in. Thanks to Misty Terrain from its ability, it can help Necrozma-Dusk-Mane for sweeping effecitvely. It also makes a great partner with the lion pokemon, as Tapu Fini can check Ho-Oh, Yveltal, Reshiram, Volcarona, Urshifu and Cinderace without Gunk Shot. Necrozma-Dusk-Mane can help back by beating threats such Tyranitar, Rillaboom and Xerneas. Calm Mind is to help Tapu Fini's sweeping potential, whilst boosting its special bulk. Surf is self-explanatory, used to defeat fire types. Moonblast is also used to defeat offensive Yveltal and Urshifu. As for Taunt, it can stop Stealth Rockers such as Hippowdon or Swampert, or stop mons that use statuses to win (Quagsire and Hippowdon). The spread is needed to outspeed up to Timid Celesteela, letting it get an important Taunt in before Celesteela attempts to stall with Leech Seed. The rest goes into Defense to increase Tapu Fini's ability to set up Calm Mind.
Only concern is that Tapu Fini may not be able to check Ho-Oh, as Ho-Oh can 2HKO it with Brave Bird.

Rillaboom  sprite from Home

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Drum Beating
- U-turn

Another weakness that Necromza-Dusk-Mane has is its weakness to the dreaded Earthquake. However, this monke is here to solve the problem. With Grassy Terrain, it reduces the damage taken by Earthquake (though it does not reduce damage from Earth Power). Grassy Glide helps it tremendously, as it can beat 1v1 against Calyrex-S and Groudon. It can also check decently against Kyogre and Tapu Fini with Grassy Glide. Knock Off can also beat Calyrex-S switch ins, whilst it can also remove cruical items from many pokemon, such as Sitrus Berry, Heavy-Duty Boots, Choice Scarf, Choice Band. U-turn is needed to gain momentum against many switch ins like Ho-Oh and Yveltal. The spread of 252 HP and 252 Atk is necessary to give it bulk and power, whilst Assault Vest is needed to survive special attacks such as Kyogre's Ice Beam, Calyrex-S Astral Barrage, or even Heatran's Lava Plume. The other option I was considering was Choice Band to maximise its power input, however, another mon is already using the item, which I will explain later.
Zapdos • Generation VIII Pokédex • Marriland.com

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost

This pokemon is used to check Zacian-Crowned, through resistance of Behemoth Blade and netural damage against Wild Charge. Rocky Helmet will cause recoil damage, and with Roost, it can be a great physical tank. Heat Wave is to handle Steel Types like Ferrothorn. It can also check threats against Ho-Oh, Yveltal, Zekrom and Cinderace.
HOME815.png

Cinderace @ Life Orb
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Bounce
- Sucker Punch

The reason why I chose to use the pokemon is that I am at least theoretically aware that it can be adaptable to the situation at hand, such as beating Rock Types such as Tyranitar, or can deal heavy damage to checks switching in, such as Kyogre and Groudon. Having a wide move pool would allow it to handle a lot of opponents. It is also a decent matchup against and works well with Rillaboom, whose grassy terrain can make it difficult for earthquake users such as Landorus-Therian. Sucker Punch is to hold off Calyrex-Shadow and other weakened pokemon.
HOME248.png

Tyranitar @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 124 HP / 124 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

I chose Tyranitar to disrupt forms of weathers such as Sun, Rain or Hail. The bulk is needed to take off strong attacks, which is further supported by Sandstrom giving it a massive special defense. Fire Punch is to handle Ferrothorn and other Steel Types. Ice Punch is to handle Garchomp, weakened Yveltal and other Dragons. With Dragon Dance and Iapapa Berry restoring its health, it can be a mini physical sweeper.

I tried to use the team in many battles, but it unfortunately always ended up in failure. And I still don't know of what or how to improve the team.
If there is anything I can do to improve my team, please let me know as early as possible.

My Necrozma is 252 spe Jolly, is 252 HP really good? Main thing is Sitrus Berry>Iapapa. Or any pinch berry, it's more reliable.

I suppose Cosmic Power Eternatus is a threat, I took drastic measures to fight it, but I still have concerns. I'm not great at this, could Palkia be a problem? I have trouble w. Dialga. Zygarde maybe? It gets Max Quake to partially offset Moonblast and hits TTar SE. I'm supposed to give a fix to I imagine, all I can think is you have rock coverage on TTar, it's drastic but Necrozma coul run Outrage(or Breaking Swipe.) Kyurem-White and Reshiram are very rare but do not have the worst match-ups either. I guess try to set-up TTar early vs. them.

I'm not 100% sure about Helmet Zapdos, or even only 4 Spe investment(seen 60 Spe on a set. None, essentially, seems too low.) Helmet chips Zacian, but many other things will use Stone Edge or max moves. Those avoid the helmet. So maybe Keep Berry if you want phys. Def.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)