move 2: Earth Power
move 3: Photon Geyser
move 4: Protect / Trick Room
item: Weakness Policy
ability: Prism Armor
nature: Quiet
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Necrozma-DM is an extremely bulky and decently powerful Pokemon most notable for its excellent matchup against Xerneas. A mixed set avoids being slowed down horribly by Intimidate from the likes of Incineroar and Landorus-T. Even with low Attack investment Sunsteel Strike still hits hard, being able to 2HKO Xerneas and Grimmsnarl. Earth Power crucially hits Incineroar and OHKOes Stakataka. Photon Geyser OHKOes Urshifu-R and gives Necrozma-DM a strong STAB attack unaffected by Intimidate. Trick Room takes advantage of Necrozma-DM's middling speed, allowing it to turn the battle into its favor. Prism Armor and Necrozma-DM's massive bulk make it a good Weakness Policy user often able to stomach super effective attacks, such as Yveltal's Foul Play or Landorus Earth Power. Safety Goggles is an option that protects Necrozma-DM from Amoonguss and Venusaur's sleep moves and bypasses Volcarona and Amoonguss's Rage Powder, though without potential boosts from Weakness Policy Necrozma-DM's damage output can be underwhelming. Expanding Force can be run over Photon Geyser if Necrozma-DM is paired with Indeedee-F or Tapu Lele. Necrozma-DM has a higher Special Attack stat than Attack on this set to ensure that Photon Geyser will be special.

Necrozma-DM is severely threatened by Calyrex-S, so it appreciates help from Dark- or Normal-type Pokemon such as Indeedee-F, Incineroar, and Galarian Moltres. Kyogre can take a few attacks from Necrozma-DM, outspeed and easily 2HKO it in return, so Grass-types such as Rillaboom and Amoonguss can help keep it in check. Redirection users like Volcarona, Indeedee-F, and Amoonguss or Fake Out users such as Rillaboom and Incineroar can help Necrozma-DM set up Trick Room. Urshifu-R is a great partner that appreciates Necrozma-DM's ability to handle Xerneas and in return can check Fire-types such as opposing Volcarona and Incineroar. Nihilego and Landorus-T can answer these Fire-types as well.

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Sunsteel Strike
move 2: Stone Edge / Rock Slide / Photon Geyser
move 3: Swords Dance
item: Weakness Policy / Safety Goggles
nature: Adamant / Brave
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Necrozma-DM has plenty of opportunity to set up Swords Dance with its massive bulk and proceed to launch boosted attacks of its monstrous base 157 Attack. Sunsteel Strike is Necrozma-DM's strongest physical Steel STAB attack, being able to slam Xerneas very hard and OHKO Tapu Lele. Stone Edge hits Fire-types like Incineroar and Entei and notably OHKOes Volcarona. Rock Slide is an alternative for spread damage, but it fails to OHKO maximum Defense Volcarona. Since running Rock coverage unfortunately leaves Necrozma-DM walled by Urshifu-R and Kyogre, Photon Geyser is an option for OHKOing the former and hitting the latter hard; however, this leaves Necrozma-DM walled by Incineroar. Swords Dance can offset Intimidate from the likes of Incineroar and Landorus-T and boost Necrozma-DM's Attack to insane levels, for example OHKOing Yveltal with +2 Sunsteel Strike or +1 Stone Edge. Trick Room can turn the battle in Necrozma-DM's favor due to its middling speed. Weakness Policy has good synergy alongside Swords Dance, enabling you to discourage your opponent from attacking Necrozma-DM in respect to the item and punish them. Alternatively, Safety Goggles lets Necrozma-DM bypass redirection from Volcarona and Amoonguss whilst protecting it from the latter's Spore.

Necrozma-DM appreciates redirection users such as Indeedee-F, Amoonguss, and Volcarona and Fake Out users such as Incineroar and Rillaboom to help it set up Swords Dance and Trick Room. Urshifu-R is an amazing teammate for its ability to thwart Fire-type threats to Necrozma-DM like Volcarona and Incineroar; in return, Necrozma-DM checks Xerneas. As Kyogre outspeeds and 2HKOes Necrozma-DM, Grass-types such as Rillaboom and Amoonguss can help keep it in check. Nihilego and Landorus-T are good teammates for their ability to check Fire-type threats towards Necrozma-DM such as Incineroar and Volcarona. Calyrex-S threatens Necrozma-DM immensely, so Dark- and Normal-types such as Indeedee-F, Incineroar, and Galarian Moltres can help keep Calyrex-S in check. Araquanid and Mienshao's Wide Guard can help protect Necrozma-DM from Calyrex-S and Kyogre's powerful spread attacks, helping it to set up.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Yourwelcomethanku, 541847]]
- Quality checked by: [[Raineko, 294287]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Lumari, 232216]]

Last edited:

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ADD REMOVE COMMENT HIGHLIGHT

[SET]
name: Mixed aAttacker
item: Weakness Policy / Safety Goggles (I know why you want to talk about this obviously, but really without any boosts mixed NDM is underwhelming)

[SET COMMENTS]
Necrozma-DM is an extremely bulky and decently powerful Pokemon most notable for its excellent matchup into Xerneas. A mixed set is run on Necrozma-DM in order to not be slowed down horribly by Intimidate from the likes of Incineroar and Landorus-T. Even with low Attack investment Sunsteel Strike still hits hard, being able to 2HKO Xerneas and Grimmsnarl (This looks nice until you think about the fact that Grimmsnarl has Screens at its disposal). Earth Power crucially hits Incineroar and OHKOs Stakataka. Photon Geyser OHKOs Urshifu-R (I'd like to know about the Amoonguss calcs at +2 if possible, as that seems really pertinent if I want to drop Goggles from the set) and gives Necrozma-DM a strong STAB unaffected by Intimidate. Trick Room takes advantage of Necrozma-DM's middling speed, able to turn the battle into its favor. Prism Armor and Necrozma-DM's massive bulk make it a good Weakness Policy user often able to stomach super effective attacks, such as Yveltal's Foul Play or Landorus Earth Power. Safety Goggles protect Necrozma-DM from Amoonguss and Venusaur's Sleep moves and bypass Volcarona and Amoonguss's Rage Powder. (See above) Expanding Force can be run over Photon Geyser if Necrozma-DM is paired with Indeedee-F or Tapu Lele. Necrozma-DM has a higher Special Attack stat then Attack on this set ensuring that Photon Geyser will be Special.

Necrozma-DM is severely threatened by Calyrex-S, so be sure to add it appreciates help from Dark- and or Normal-type Pokemon such as Indeedee-F, Incineroar, and Galarian Moltres. Kyogre can take a few attacks from Necrozma-DM, (AC) outspeed and easily 2HKO it in return, so Grass-types such as Rillaboom and Amoonguss can help keep Kyogre it in check. Redirectors like Volcarona, Indeedee-F, and Amoonguss can help Necrozma-DM set up Trick Room. Fake Out users such as Rillaboom, Incineroar, (Looks like you just didn't finish this point) Urshifu-R is a great Necrozma-DM appreciating Necrozma-DM's ability to handle Xerneas and in return Urshifu-R can check Fire-types such as Volcarona and Incineroar. Nihilego and Landorus-T can answer these Fire-types as well. (Is there a relevant self-proc idea that can be spoken about? If not, no worries, but the boosts for a mixed NDM are really important)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Necrozma-DM with its massive bulk has plenty of opportunity to set up Swords Dance with its massive bulk, then proceed to launch boosted attacks of its monstrous base 157 Attack. Sunsteel Strike is Necrozma-DM's strongest physical Steel STAB, able to slam Xerneas very hard and OHKO Tapu Lele. Stone Edge hits Fire-types like Incineroar and Entei and notably OHKOs Volcarona. Alternatively Rock Slide deals spread damage however it fails to OHKO Max Defense Volcarona, however running Rock coverage unfortunately leaves Necrozma-DM walled by Kyogre and Urshifu-R. Photon Geyser OHKOs Urshifu-R and hits Kyogre hard, however this leaves Necrozma-DM walled by Incineroar. Swords Dance can offset Intimidate from the likes of Incineroar and Landorus-T, and boost Necrozma-DM's attack to insane levels, for example OHKOing Yveltal with +2 Sunsteel Strike, or plus +1 Stone Edge if it was Intimdiated (I'm happy with this content wise, but it reads a little bit clunky to me). Trick Room can take advantage of Necrozma-DM's middling speed to turn the battle in its favor. (Not a fan of this basically being the same wording as your previous point but it's not wrong per se)

Necrozma-DM appreciates redirectors such as Indeedee-F, Amoonguss, and Volcarona to help it set up Swords Dance and Trick Room. Fake Out users such as Incineroar and Rillaboom can also help Necrozma-DM set up. Urshifu-Rapid-Strike is an amazing teammate for its ability to thwart Fire-type threats to Necrozma-DM like Volcarona and Incineroar, In return Necrozma-DM checks Xerneas. Kyogre outspeeds and 2HKOs Necrozma-DM, Grass-types such as Rillaboom and Amoonguss can help keep Kyogre in check. Nihilego and Landorus-T are good teammates for their ability to check Fire-type threats towards Necrozma-DM such as Incineroar and Volcarona. Calyrex-S threatens Necrozma-DM severely, Dark- and Normal-types such as Indeedee-F, Incineroar, and Moltres-Galar can help keep Calyrex-S in check. (A couple of these points are a bit samey. I also think that this set in particular really enjoys being in Trick Room more than the Mixed one just because you can more reliably become a monster with its attack with dedicated setup. As such, I really think a point about Wide Guarders like Araquanid could be extremely worthwhile in the points for Kyogre and Calyrex-S)

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

I actually don't think this is very far off. I just think you need to think about the end goal of the sets a bit more in explaining them and then implement some of the changes that I want to see and we should be able to stamp this off fairly quickly.

Implemented
I disagree with Special NDM being too underwhelming for Safety goggles, Photon Geyser is a decently strong STAB, and being boosted is reliant on your opponent activating Weakness Policy most of the time so its usually underwhelming anyways, and without Goggles Amoonguss can be quite a big problem for it considering it needs +1 to OHKO it. I have removed it anyways, but I think it could at least use mention, though seeing NDM's limited experimentation it would be fair to remove it I guess.

I don't think I have seen good dedicated self proc strategies with Necrozma-DM this series.

I know a lot of the points are a bit samey but if you are using Necrozma-DM regardless of the set your almost certainly going to need similar support.

4 Atk Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Sunsteel Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Grimmsnarl through Reflect: 105-125 (51.9 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 244+ SpA Necrozma-Dusk-Mane Photon Geyser vs. 236 HP / 156+ SpD Amoonguss: 234-276 (106.8 - 126%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I only mentioned Araquanid as a Wide Guard user because I don't think there are many good options you would reasonably pair with Necrozma-DM maybe hitmontop though I think hitmontop isn't good and would be hard to fit on an NDM team.

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I have removed it anyways, but I think it could at least use mention, though seeing NDM's limited experimentation it would be fair to remove it I guess.
Yeah the mention doesn't hurt

I know a lot of the points are a bit samey but if you are using Necrozma-DM regardless of the set your almost certainly going to need similar support.
It's more than samey. We try to encourage unique wording between the sets wherever possible.

I only mentioned Araquanid as a Wide Guard user because I don't think there are many good options you would reasonably pair with Necrozma-DM maybe hitmontop though I think hitmontop isn't good and would be hard to fit on an NDM team.
I could argue for Mienshao dealing with Incineroar and Urshifu-S (although rare)

If you want to think about these points before shipping it off to QC, that would be great. After that, QC 1/1.
raineko-QC-small.gif

Yeah the mention doesn't hurt

It's more than samey. We try to encourage unique wording between the sets wherever possible.

I could argue for Mienshao dealing with Incineroar and Urshifu-S (although rare)

If you want to think about these points before shipping it off to QC, that would be great. After that, QC 1/1.
View attachment 369049
I added the mention of Safety goggles back and further elaborated that its damage output without Weakness Policy boosts can be underwhelming.

Mienshao sounds like a good teammate yes the reason I was against mentioning it is that Urshifu-R is one of Necrozma-DM's very best teammates and by using Mienshao you could give up the ability to use Urshifu-R but It does provide some things that Urshifu-R cannot so I have mentioned it.

I changed the Fake Out users mention in the second paragraph's wording a bit to be less samey. EDIT for the second set

Before I send this to QC I realized that I did not mention the items for the second set in set comments. Should I do that? It could be less samey if I mention the synergy between Swords Dance and Weakness Policy.

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/1
[SET]
name: Mixed Attacker
item: Weakness Policy

[SET COMMENTS]
Necrozma-DM is an extremely bulky and decently powerful Pokemon most notable for its excellent matchup into against Xerneas. A mixed set is run on Necrozma-DM in order to not be avoids being slowed down horribly by Intimidate from the likes of Incineroar and Landorus-T. Even with low Attack investment Sunsteel Strike still hits hard, being able to 2HKO Xerneas and Grimmsnarl. Earth Power crucially hits Incineroar and OHKOs OHKOes Stakataka. Photon Geyser OHKOs OHKOes Urshifu-R and gives Necrozma-DM a strong STAB attack unaffected by Intimidate. Trick Room takes advantage of Necrozma-DM's middling speed, able allowing it to turn the battle into its favor. Prism Armor and Necrozma-DM's massive bulk make it a good Weakness Policy user often able to stomach super effective attacks, such as Yveltal's Foul Play or Landorus Earth Power. Safety Goggles is an option that protect protects Necrozma-DM from Amoonguss and Venusaur's sleep moves and bypasses Volcarona and Amoonguss's Rage Powder, however though without potential boosts from Weakness Policy Necrozma-DM's damage output can be underwhelming. Expanding Force can be run over Photon Geyser if Necrozma-DM is paired with Indeedee-F or Tapu Lele. Necrozma-DM has a higher Special Attack stat then than Attack on this set ensuring to ensure that Photon Geyser will be special.

Necrozma-DM is severely threatened by Calyrex-S, so it appreciates help from Dark- or Normal-type Pokemon such as Indeedee-F, Incineroar, and Galarian Moltres. Kyogre can take a few attacks from Necrozma-DM, outspeed and easily 2HKO it in return, so Grass-types such as Rillaboom and Amoonguss can help keep it in check. Redirectors Redirection users like Volcarona, Indeedee-F, and Amoonguss or Fake Out users such as Rillaboom and Incineroar can help Necrozma-DM set up Trick Room. Fake Out users such as Rillaboom and Incineroar can help Necrozma-DM set up Trick Room as well. Urshifu-R is a great Necrozma-DM appreciating partner that appreciates Necrozma-DM's ability to handle Xerneas and in return Urshifu-R can check Fire-types such as opposing Volcarona and Incineroar. Nihilego and Landorus-T can answer these Fire-types as well.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Necrozma-DM has plenty of opportunity to set up Swords Dance with its massive bulk, then and proceed to launch boosted attacks of its monstrous base 157 Attack. Sunsteel Strike is Necrozma-DM's strongest physical Steel STAB attack, being able to slam Xerneas very hard and OHKO Tapu Lele. Stone Edge hits Fire-types like Incineroar and Entei and notably OHKOs OHKOes Volcarona. Alternatively Rock Slide deals is an alternative for spread damage, (AC) however but it fails to OHKO maximum Defense Volcarona. Since running Rock coverage unfortunately leaves Necrozma-DM walled by Kyogre and Urshifu-R and Kyogre, (comma) Photon Geyser OHKOs is an option for OHKOing the former Urshifu-R and hits Kyogre hitting the latter hard; (SC) however, (AC) this leaves Necrozma-DM walled by Incineroar. Swords Dance can offset Intimidate from the likes of Incineroar and Landorus-T (RC) and boost Necrozma-DM's Attack to insane levels, for example OHKOing Yveltal with +2 Sunsteel Strike (RC) or +1 Stone Edge if it was Intimidated. Trick Room can turn the battle in Necrozma-DM's favor due to its middling speed. Weakness Policy has good synergy alongside Swords Dance, (comma) able enabling you to punish discourage your opponent for not from attacking Necrozma-DM in respect to the item and punish them. Alternatively, (AC) Safety Goggles lets Necrozma-DM bypass redirecton redirection from Volcarona and Amoonguss (RC) whilst protecting it from the ladders latter's Spore.

Necrozma-DM appreciates redirectors redirection users such as Indeedee-F, Amoonguss, and Volcarona and Fake Out users such as Incineroar and Rillaboom to help it set up Swords Dance and Trick Room. Fake Out support from Pokemon such as Incineroar and Rillaboom can also help Necrozma-DM set up. Urshifu-R is an amazing teammate for its ability to thwart Fire-type threats to Necrozma-DM like Volcarona and Incineroar; (SC) in return, (AC) Necrozma-DM checks Xerneas. As Kyogre outspeeds and 2HKOs 2HKOes Necrozma-DM, Grass-types such as Rillaboom and Amoonguss can help keep Kyogre it in check. Nihilego and Landorus-T are good teammates for their ability to check Fire-type threats towards Necrozma-DM such as Incineroar and Volcarona. Calyrex-S threatens Necrozma-DM immensely, so Dark- and Normal-types such as Indeedee-F, Incineroar, and Galarian Moltres-Galar can help keep Calyrex-S in check. Araquanid and Mienshao's Wide Guard can help protect Necrozma-DM from Calyrex-S and Kyogre's powerful spread attacks, (AC) helping it to set up.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)