Tournament NDPL IV - Finals [Won by Galarian Phoenix]

Theia

Another day, another systematic nightmare
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
art by Gummy

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Nyx
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>
Commencement<<

:gholdengo: Goldenrod Gholdengos (2) vs (6) Galarian Phoenix :moltres-galar:
SV Ubers: skimmythegod vs baconeatinassassin
SV OU: LBN vs Ryuji
SV OU: Ainzcrad vs Inder
SV OU: zioziotrip vs Baloor
SV UU: Saurav the great vs Elfuseon
SV RU: Piyush25 vs Thiago Nunes
SV DOU: Smudge vs Voltix
SV Monotype: style.css vs Trouser Snakes
SS OU: Jordy vs ChrisPBacon
SS OU: Fc vs Drud

Goldenrod Gholdengos (0) vs (0) Galarian Phoenix

The deadline for this round is Sunday, November 12th at 11:59 PM -5.

Here we are. The final showdown.

Goldenrod Gholdengos (5) vs (4) Galarian Phoenix
I feel like LBN will have the slight edge here.
Inder has been doing pretty well. We'll see if that keeps on going to the end.
BALOOR i have a feeling is going to pull up some weird heat team and somehow win.
I don't think I have to really say much. Saurav has been doing very well this teamtour and has barely lost any.
don't know much to really say anything here.
Smudge is the better player here though the battle will be a close one.
Again, I don't know much to say anything except this'll end in a fish mu.
I feel like this will be very close.
Fc I think is the better clicker here.

With all that being said, it's anyone's game here and it's going to be a fun watch.
(Take all these predicts with a grain of salt)

seth

the mint
is a Tiering Contributor
Goldenrod Gholdengos (6) vs (4) Galarian Phoenix
close game slightly leaning skimmy
has had a better season, could go either way ryuji got dat clutch gene
god clicker
better player
better player
best ru player
coming off a dub, idk doubles so grain of salt
more familiar w style's work
fun game, big fan of P Bacon tho
would pred fc but drud has more powerful aura so he will farm

noone saw edit, go gholds

Ryuji

LIFE'S FLASHING BEFORE YOUR EYES?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus
aaaaaand back to back for the phoenix
really funny how this works w you Isza, but ig it's how it works, you and us northeast get the wcup, me and the phoenix get the pl kek
time for some shoutouts

Baloor: what to say, bar this :
1699807837316.png
out of joke you're a really nice guy, had a ton of fun w you this tour, and i'm glad i won this w you
Thiago Nunes: i'm ngl bro you gave me a shit ton of heart attacks before and while playing and despite that you pulled out an impressive performance, you're a great player and a great guy, so best of luck w spl
Inder: to think we kinda both started at the same time and are still playing is funny asf, for the start of the tour i knew i wanted you in my team, because despite what everyone in the french community might think you're the goat brother
Elfuseon: i don't think i need to say much to you brother, bar come to france and let's hang out in Paris
Trouser Snakes: I always knew you'll be my mono player, considering how much of a carry you've been for our MPL team, and i do not regret this choice. Not the most impressive performance but ik you'll kill it in the next years, glad we are offering you your first custom.
Drud: To be trully honest the only time ive ever interacted w you was bdsp pl and it was during the finals when i think danny and dunoks had trouble scheduling or smth. But i also knew you were a great and underated player so i do not regret the pick. You played well during the tour, and i hope you'll continue to display such level
Voltix: again truth to be told the only reason ive heard of you was from John1240 and double lc kek, and despite how rough the slot started you got us some clutch wins, you're a really nice guy and i hope you'll kill it in dwc
Chris32156: Sorry we benched you most of the tour, and even if i'm gonna sound like a broken record you're a good player/good guy, so best of luck in your next tours
Lameflame: You're my luck charm, you didn't had the greatest showing this tour, but that's how it is and i think you learned a lot during it. I'm also p sure you're in the race for circuit so best of luck brother
baconeatinassassin: same shit i said to tnunes, you gave me a heart attack a lot of time, but you also managed to pull out a great showing. Me and Chris wanted you first for the culture and second because you're a beast at the game. best of luck in next tours
ratpacker: You're almost a member of the team considering how hard you carried our slot w your builds and inputs, I wish you cld have the custom but apparently it's not a thing anymore. Big thanks for the help and time, and gl for dwc
ChrisPBacon: And the best (or worst) for last. Thanks again for agreeing to managing, I had a blast this tour with you, from the very beginning til the end, and thus despite some issues that happened during the tour. I'm glad i won this w you, wish you the best bro.
hellom spoo Runo peap Batzi ezra Fragments (hopefully i did not forget anyone) thanks guys for coming, helping, and overall contributing to the really good atmosphere this tour had

On a side note, this will be my last nd tour (unless Fragments somehow forces me to manage cuz he manages every tour). I kinda though of it way before but the tier isn't as enjoyable as gen 8 was, so now i'm just gonna leave and focus on other stuffs. I'm sad my performance was awful but oh well, it's what it is.
Thx to the host for hosting, and again to everyone in the phoenix cord

1699809512713.png

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
after ryuji made me suffer week after week while I BEGGED to be subbed out after voicing my displeasures with the state of SV ND on several occasions, i can finally slowly start my pokemans break.

jokes aside i had a ton of fun (chatting not playing) this tour. finally winning this tour is really cool since NDPL was the first tour I ever played in that wasnt a "everbody gets picked" tour a few years ago when i was managed by kate on the braixens. being able to team with quite a few of my friends made playing tolerable and was a rewarding experience.

i hope ND mains dont look at the wall of shame ryuji posted and get upset LOL. i do dislike the tier but i was being really abrasive about it to annoy the shit out of ryuji. ND is inherently a cool concept and defo has its place on the site. i did enjoy being able to revisit some of the old pokemons i played with back in sm.

thanks for having me ChrisPBacon and sorta of manager Ryuji, was fun and appreciate the trust even when i was loading random teams. congrats to the rest of my team who worked 10x harder than i did and def deserve the ring and finally thanks to spoo (he did nothing, thanks to our other helpers that came in to support)

Ryuji

LIFE'S FLASHING BEFORE YOUR EYES?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus
i hope ND mains dont look at the wall of shame ryuji posted and get upset LOL. i do dislike the tier but i was being really abrasive about it to annoy the shit out of ryuji. ND is inherently a cool concept and defo has its place on the site. i did enjoy being able to revisit some of the old pokemons i played with back in sm.
(he asked for it)
1699810748234.png

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
My Gholdengo x Drake custom dreams in the bin nOOOOO

Jokes aside, this tour was probably my most active yet, and despite my displeasure with how this tier is/was managed, I did have a lot of fun building (except hearthflame meta oh my god) as well as building NDRU for Piyush. Idk how involved I'll be with the tier besides PLs after this since frankly, I think the tier is mostly doomed unless some drastic policy change happens sitewide.

Enough about ND, there's people to shoutout and skimmythegod and TDR for being great captains and having one of the better team environments I've ever been in. Fc Zio Piyush25 and Jordy are some hilarious highlights, easily some of the funniest ppl on the site. A fantastic tour, I can't wait to team w yall again.

Additional congrats to the pheonixes for takin it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)