Sports NBA Thread: 2022-2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The starting 5 for the Nuggets are all inked to be on the team next year, no contract expiration until the following year. I'm really excited it they can go back to back because the team is really good. Bruce Brown will not be a nugget next year and forego his player option is my assumption.

Beal to Phoenix for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, 2nds, and pick swaps. Wtf, how do you not get a straight up first for the face of your franchise. Also Beal ends only 160 points behind Elvin Hayes for the Wizards all-time leading scorer. :(

awyp

is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Beal to Phoenix for Chris Paul, Landry Shamet, 2nds, and pick swaps. Wtf, how do you not get a straight up first for the face of your franchise. Also Beal ends only 160 points behind Elvin Hayes for the Wizards all-time leading scorer. :(
Literally I was saying but I guess the full deal isn't confirmed yet but yeah the Wizards seem they're getting slighted.

awyp

Well I'm glad Kyrie signed back to Dallas on a not too crazy 126 / 3 yr contract and I'm glad we got Seth Curry back, Luka loves playing with sharpshooters so I'm very excited for next year.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
alright but Orlando signed JOE INGLES so frankly it's over for the rest of y'all

---

First day of free agency was pretty hype all things considered! I didn't expect the Kyrie deal to come through so quickly; I expected him to test the waters more than he (seemingly) did, but I'm very happy to see him return to Dallas. I love the Luka + Kyrie backcourt if only because it's exciting to watch, so getting more games of that is a positive.

FVV's contract is terrible! Rockets needed to spend, but damn did you need to spend THAT much on HIM? Bro is making more money than his career FG% like??? There's definitely something to the idea of just making sure you get your guy, and the Rockets had so much cap space that this doesn't really hurt them anyway, but imagine we get a free agency class down the line that they'd rather be spending on and oops now you can't because you paid over 40m annually for mid :D

On a similar note, Portland gave Jerami Grant 160m over 5? Jesus LOL. Something something "we're dedicated to winning with Dame" I guess. I don't anticipate this moving the needle for that team at all. Grant is a good player and the cap is increasing, but SURELY you didn't need to give him THAT kind of a bag.

Draymond returns to GSW to the shock of... absolutely nobody! Presumably they'll sort out a Klay extension soonTM and truly have their "last dance" now, but I think it's fair to wonder what Draymond and Klay look like in a few years. Draymond has pretty clearly regressed a ton over the years, and Klay's injuries have me worrying how well he ages into his mid 30s. Last year, he was very clearly recovered and played to the standard we expect from him, but idk. It's hard to project future years from him.

Lakers made some nice moves. I question if Gabe Vincent will succeed outside of the Miami system, but there are plenty of guys to take attention off of him so maybe that helps. Rui's extension is good to see, hoping for their sake Reaves gets his done ASAP too.

awyp

Lakers are having the best off season in a minute, they're pretty much getting equal fair talent on cheaper contracts if not better.

FVV's contract is terrible! Rockets needed to spend, but damn did you need to spend THAT much on HIM? Bro is making more money than his career FG% like???
THAT PART!

In more Lakers news signing Reeves to nothing

DAME WANTS OUT :(

Gabe Vincent, need to see him outside of Miami. Could be Kendrick Nunn v2.

Cam Reddish - 4 teams in 5 years.

Prince - Okay

Hachimura - Okay

Keep Reaves and D'Lo - Solid to Okay.

Not sure how that is the best offseason. How do they beat Denver again???

awyp

Gabe Vincent, need to see him outside of Miami. Could be Kendrick Nunn v2.

Cam Reddish - 4 teams in 5 years.

Prince - Okay

Hachimura - Okay

Keep Reaves and D'Lo - Solid to Okay.

Not sure how that is the best offseason. How do they beat Denver again???
these are solid pickups and resigns plus they signed Hayes as well for a minimum, and prince for 4.5 million these are steals in terms of price and what you’re getting.

Dillon Brooks the joke all season (going to China and signing for the Tigers) signed a 4 year 80 million dollar contract. I’m happy for my guy

Guess all we can do is wait and see. Solid for value, but the team feels structurely the same and LeBron is a year older. FA isn't over of course but you're hoping AD improves significantly because LeBron will be 39.

awyp

Guess all we can do is wait and see. Solid for value, but the team feels structurely the same and LeBron is a year older. FA isn't over of course but you're hoping AD improves significantly because LeBron will be 39.

Might be 39 but doesn't play like it.

Kevin Love though plays like he's 39 and is returning as a heat, which I don't know how I feel about it.

Might be 39 but doesn't play like it.
But the decline is still notable especially in last year's playoffs. Point is, if there is no upside to LeBron to expect, we can't expect the Lakers to get dramatically better same as they are.

Suns get Eric Gordon. For the small cap space they had, they continue to kill free agency.

awyp

But the decline is still notable especially in last year's playoffs. Point is, if there is no upside to LeBron to expect, we can't expect the Lakers to get dramatically better same as they are.

Suns get Eric Gordon. For the small cap space they had, they continue to kill free agency.
I agree with that Phoenix is definitely putting up a roster especially if they're keeping Ayton.

awyp

Grant Williams to the mavs makes me very happy, big fan of his game and I think will help the team a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)