Metagame Nature Swap

Quick thoughts from laddering in the last two days: this meta feels relatively chaotic at present. Every good mon seems to have like 4-5 different sets which lead to you being caught off guard by weird stuff. It's all pretty offensive, but I have seen a couple balances from time to time. Magearna and Pheromosa feel like the top dogs to me, as well as a few different offensive Ghost-type options. I feel like we need to workshop the banlist a little bit as well. Here's a list of some of the best mons I've used and encountered, might be good to start scrutinizing.

This mon is broken for all of the same reasons it's broken in OU, so I don't feel the need to go in depth too much about it. Being able to pack varying levels of speed makes it unpredictable, on top of all the sets it can run. Scarf is actually able to outspeed everything. Specs is the same but with a very decent speed tier. Shift Gear sets can still feel basically unstoppable under Screens. Physical Shift Gear is still bad, but it's just good enough that you'll be caught off guard and lose to it. It might be better to just look in the OU subforum for discussion on whether Magearna is broken since most of the same arguments apply.

Probably one of the best offensive mons you can use. The best set imo is Impish HDB with max Speed and Attack, which gives you good offenses and physical bulk, letting you eat up priority and support with U-turn and Rapid Spin. A mon that ca pivot into something like Kartana once or twice while also outspeeding it is very useful. Pheromosa is probably the most splashable spinner. Its typical CB set can run Impish as well, as it stands to gain much more from that than running Adamant, Brave, or Timid depending on what split of attack and speed you want. Timid HDB has a niche of outspeeding max speed Shuckle at +1, which is useful for anti-leading it. I've seen Bold QD once or twice as well. Pheromosa has a lot of options, but it's not all sunshine and rainbows; its speed tier is comparatively worse, always being outsped by Jolly Spectrier, Timid Darm-G, Hasty Buzzwole, fast Aggron, Stakataka, and Shuckle, among others. It also has a bit of 4MSS, I've found; it really wants Throat Chop to hit Ghost types in this.

Lots of people seem to be running Dragapult, Cursola, Aegislash, or Blacephalon as their speedy Ghost types, but Spectrier is honestly still better in my opinion. Base 145 (with Jolly) is a very nice speed tier that comes at the expense of some power, but it's still not fast enough to beat the really fast stuff. A big thing in this meta are that Blissey and Chansey are banned, which is huge for it. That isn't to say that there are no Normal types at all, but it often can spam Shadow Ball to clean up lategame. Also sometimes you see people running physical Sets on this mon, which are pretty bad. It's still very good, but a comparatively less impressive speed tier and more competition in the role of offensive Ghost make it not seem as overpowered as it could be, in my eyes.

It's still very matchup-fishy and not all that much better than in standard play. Jolly Scarf has similar offenses to the Specs set Regieleki can run in standard play, so it's not all that new, but the more interesting stuff occurs when Regieleki runs Specs or Band. They can hit extreme levels of power with their Electric moves and basically eliminate all defensive counterplay that is not straight-up immune to Electric, but this comes with the big flaw of having an average speed tier. They are basically only good with strict support (Sticky Web) and can be a letdown in such an offensive meta. Band is a bit better because it has a very strong Extreme Speed, but it's still a bit inconsistent due to a lot of viable fast Normal resists / immunities. Because of that Regieleki feels like a lower priority threat to me.

Speaking of matchup fishing, here's Dracovish. Basically the same as in standard but with the ability to hit 100 base speed, letting it be very fast with a Scarf set. This thing is probably unfair for the same reasons as in standard play, but it doesn't really feel like it when the meta is as offensive as it is.

Annoying mon that seems to be on every team. It's usually fast, but sometimes it's slow and just kills you with an attack. It's generally physically bulky, but sometimes it's specially bulky and catches you off guard. This contributes to a level of unpredictability that can make the first turn a bit of a gamble, depending on what your Shuckle counterplay is. Shuckle is a big reason why Sticky Web teams are good, and why having good hazard control is necessary. It honestly feels a little bit centralizing, but there is plenty of oft-unexplored counterplay to it.

A lot of people are running Glastrier, but I think (Timid) Darm-G is overall better due to higher initial power and speed and the ability to be a fast offensive pivot. I feel as though CB or Boots (great against Sticky Web) are probably best, might need to give Brave Scarf a try. The significantly lower power leads to this thing feeling less unfair than in standard play.

Basically unchanged from standard play (Hasty), which still means that it's pretty taxing to switch in to outside of physically defensive Fairy types. A strong Sucker Punch helps it keep a lot of speedy mons in check. This mon is basically unused right now, but no, it still seems quite good. Many of the balance cores it eats alive are conspicuously absent, however.

Unfair under Trick Room. Lonely Stakataka in this is almost as strong as Choice Band Stakataka in standard play, to put it in perspective. It's capable of doing things like easily 2HKOing Impish max defense Landorus-T after Intimidate with Gyro Ball, for example. Priority is basically the only way to stop it; luckily something like Azumarill can more than handle it. It also sometimes runs a fast set which is imo inferior to Aggron. Usually you can tell which set Stakataka is running from team preview, so it's not likely you're going to be caught off guard by it.

A good set for this mon, I think, is Hasty SD with 29 attack IVs and no Attack investment. This is similar to the Timid Kartana meme from standard play, but with notably higher initial speed and attack. It tends to thrive in a very offensive environment like this, as well, as the speed boosts make it harder to revenge kill. Overall, Kartana is much of the same. 131 speed tier is okay, but not quite enough for some of the faster stuff. Pheromosa in particular always proves useful against this mon. Sometimes you see Calm Kartana, which, once you scout it, is very passive and easily taken advantage of. Pretty okay special wall, but doesn't do much back and is exploitable.

Weird sets playing around with the bulk stats are overall inferior to just putting the offense you're not using into your speed, by my reckoning. With a Jolly nature, you can retain your mixed bulk in Shield form, letting you set up an SD or tank a hit, then when you go into Sword form, you gain a whole bunch of speed and can commence sweeping.

With 80 base attack it's like 30% stronger than in standard play, almost like a free Life Orb tacked on. This lets it pick off certain things easier when it's at +6, but it helps even more as a revenge killer. CB Azumarill has proven very useful to check weakened offensive mons. It’s stronger than Crawdaunt and probably more viable than Dracovish right now just cause priority is very appreciated.

There’s plenty of other stuff that is roughly unchanged from standard but still viable, like Dragapult (probably deserves its own section but can’t be bothered), Cinderace, Heatran, Landorus-T, Rillaboom, Tornadus-T, Corviknight, Tapu Fini, Hydreigon, Tapu Lele, and Clefable. Generally these mons gain a bit of speed or bulk which helps then out but is not a gamechanger.

Last edited:
Why baton pass isn't ban?
Thanks for the catch, that's what happens when I focus solely on Pokemon and Abilities and not moves. Therefore I announce Baton Pass is now banned in Nature Swap.

Hopefully, there shouldn't be anything egregious that I missed in Nature Swap. Still, expect some bans to be hit sooner or later.

EDIT: Tagging The Immortal and Kris to implement the ban oops

Last edited:
Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flip Turn
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

I was playing around in the team builder and came up with a fun physical Keldeo set. i know that Barraskewda can do everything that Keldeo can but better. i just like Keldeo and have thought that a phys Atk set was really fun.

I don’t know how viable this set is, but I love it!
440ECDFF-2D37-49CE-AD14-F0CD42880392.png
Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steel Beam
- Vacuum Wave
- Giga Drain
- Air Slash

Essentially THE BEST counter to stakataka, this thing absolutely hits like a truck. It’s got a decent speed tier, not the best, but just getting a single steel beam in is enough to take out another Pokémon, no matter the bulk, even if it resists, just from the overwhelming power.

457512C9-84A5-4508-9118-85EA817A8FE5.png

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry/Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast

Specs Kyurem becomes even tougher of a wallbreaker than before, now with 394 speed, able to check threats like Glastier, Dragapult (its max speed is 383 in this meta)

View attachment 312753
Shuckle @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Power Trick

One trick pony and gimmicky set, with 230 speed and 230 attack still with a speed increasing nature, shuckle can sweep through teams with a Leichi Berry attack boost, setting up with a power trick, sacrificing its defences to get hit and activate sturdy and the Leichi Berry.
Funnily enough I have been using the same Shuckle for few days now without even looking at yours, we both should spend some time together

Carbink @ Mental Herb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Misty Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
Gonna try this team out since I'm very new to this metagame, but I believe you'll want Lax nature. Bold swaps atk and defense, so you have no defense, and body press is super weak. Lax switches defense and sp def, which are the same base, but you get the + in defense.

Made this team for fun and it has been working out alright.

Pokepaste

Rough Chonker (Garchomp) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Big Chonker (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Spiky Chonker (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Power Whip

Banned Soon (Spectrier) @ Leftovers
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hex

Banned Next (Magearna) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast

Tank Chonker (Tornadus-Therian) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Garchomp - Special Chomp. Sets rocks, toxics, ect. Still has a decent speed tier and is surprisingly useful.

Azumarill - Fantastic cleaner/revenge killer. Great at finishing off a lot of mons and fantastic v trick room. Banded aqua jet is amazing in this meta with a lot of mons having lower defence. 4 speed EV's to outspeed other uninvested Azu.

Ferrothorn - SpD Sponge. It acts as general utility. Offers some status spearing / speed control with t wave. Knock is knock. Spikes help soften everything up

Spectrier - Does the exact same thing as in OU. It is slightly weaker, slightly faster. There might be an optimal ev spread, but I don't know what it is so I went max/max.

Magearna - Typical Specs Mag. Could definitely swap out focus blast for another coverage move but it has worked well so far.

Torn-T - Defensive Wall / Utility - Loved using this set in Gen 7. Just a physical wall with a lot of utility. It isn't really meant to do damage.

-------

Generally it ends up being a Spectrier or Azu aqua jet endgame so far with playing the team.

At the risk of fighting against this demon myself, I'll share a favorite set of mine that's helped me currently get top 10.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Calm Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Say hello to base 145 special defense Lando. There's nothing quite like seeing magearna do 50% with ice beam, or +1 cursola do 40% with shadow ball. With intimidate helping its physical bulk, this thing is tanky as a MF, though without reliable recovery which is why I run leftovers + protect. Protect is also very helpful for stalling rain and trick room turns (as well as scouting, obviously). Honestly, if you already have a stealth rocker you like, I'd recommend knock off or u-turn as your 4th move. U-turn probably better to safely pivot into your heavy hitters.

download.jpg

Brave
Focus sash

Protect
Swords dance
Leech life
Acrobatics

a lot like Regileki, though it exchanges some setup time for potentially even greater power and plenty more speed without the restriction of scarf or band. its important to Triger the sash for acro power (leech life can get you back to full hp if hit by chip damage like rocks) as his other options for flying stab are lacking. can't really hit Rock/Steel types and is shut down quickly by sandstorm/ hail and toxic/burn, but these can be alleviated by team support. Overall, hard to use, but massive payoff.

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
New team!
:ss/hippowdon: :ss/tangrowth: :ss/salamence: :ss/magearna: :ss/aggron: :ss/glastrier:
The defensive core of Hippowdon/Tangrowth/Salamence does very well against many offensive threats though it lacks resistances to Dragon, Fairy and especially Ice. The more offensive team members can cover these weaknesses decently well. Specs Magearna is great thanks to its defensive typing and access to Trick to cripple annoying walls. Aggron is an absolutely INSANE wallbreaker. While its attack isn't that great, Head Smash's high base power and base 180 speed lets it clean weakened teams incredibly easily, assuming head smash hits. Glastrier is also another great fast attacker with good coverage and it can sweep teams thanks to Chilling Neigh and Swords Dance. While this team is probably far from optimal, it's fun to use and shows off Aggron's power.

Brave
Focus sash

Protect
Swords dance
Leech life
Acrobatics

a lot like Regileki, though it exchanges some setup time for potentially even greater power and plenty more speed without the restriction of scarf or band. its important to Triger the sash for acro power (leech life can get you back to full hp if hit by chip damage like rocks) as his other options for flying stab are lacking. can't really hit Rock/Steel types and is shut down quickly by sandstorm/ hail and toxic/burn, but these can be alleviated by team support. Overall, hard to use, but massive payoff.
Why not use dig for coverage? You've got sash to live the first attack, and dig will get you +2 speed. I would think there's too many bulky steel/rocks to get a sweep with bug/flying coverage.

Well, Huge Power Azumarill and Belly Drum is damn hilarious. Changing it''s SpDef for Attack does lead to a pretty good base atk of 160. Well, he is still extra slow, but, oh dear, 2250 ~ atk is fun XD

Woke up to see my meta as omotm! I didnt even know it was back this gen o_O

Anyways, here are a couple mons I like..
:ss/hatterene:
Hatterene (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Impish Nature
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Mystical Fire

Magic Bounce is working really well with 57/136/103 defenses. Both as a wincon immune to passive teams and as something that can stave off hazards. After a boost, your defenses are basically through the roof and you can go pretty far just trading hits with draining kiss. Worth a try on all styles of teams imo

:ss/regirock:
Regirock @ Power Herb
Mild Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- filler

I cant not mention this set. Its just too funny. 200 spa with Meteor Beam lets you obliterate one pokemon, while being a reliable stealth rocker lead with sturdy. Its more a fun set than serious top tier like the other Regirock sets, but it definitely is the most fun Regi ive managed to find.

:ss/arctozolt:
Arctozolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Bolt Beak
- Low Kick
- Substitute

Lots of mons are trying to go fast, and Arctozolt probably gets one of the best deals here. Very bulky (90/90/80) and neutral to many priority moves and top tier stab combo. You can run over some of the more HO teams with this guy who now outspeeds everything under Shuckle. Btw the best hail setter is probably Careful Vanilluxe, it can switch into Pelipper fairly reliably and scare it out while switching weather. Hail is gunna be super good this time imo cus the Arctos are great and plenty of mons can abuse Aurora Veil

Strangely enough, i feel like all the fun/important stuff has been mentioned. Stakataka, Pyukumuk (suicide/harassment) Ninjask, Tangrowth/Tangela, Kyreum, Salamence, Kartana (special), the 200+ stat mons like steelix, regis, etc.
It's the awkward thing about this metagame, that while some things change dramatically, a large portion of pokemon are essentially the same, and many are actually worse since they must run neutral natures, or swap out stats that once suited them perfectly. I feel there's also not much room for creativity at the end of the day, or at least, not more much more than regular OU.

Anyway, here's some sets that weren't really mentioned so far:

Wishiwashi-School @ Choice Band
Ability: Schooling
Jolly Nature
- Flip Turn
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Liquidation

with 130/140 in most of the stats, all you can do is pump it with speed. Do you keep the bulk, or do you make one of the few mixed attackers? There's plenty you can do with this pokemon, but its hard to make a set that covers all bases.

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Yawn

With steel types reigning supreme and coverage like double kick and dig, Sylveon's never going to be a top tier threat. It is however, pretty fun to use. You can swap the 110 special attack, or the 130 spdef, for some pretty solid fairy priority.

Cursola @ Leftovers
Ability: Perish Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Whirlpool
- Strength Sap
- Toxic
- Haze

The Lure. Everyone thinks of this pokemon as specially defensive and this tends to force switches. Use that to lure in physical attackers, trap and eliminate them. Of course, with 145 special attack, you also have the option to put that 130spdef stat into speed instead. I'm sure you could play around with those Evs to make this thing a nightmare. Sidenote: Cursola's shiny form one of the rare pokemon whos shiny is clearly better.

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

Typing wise, it has nothing on the King and on paper, it doesn't compare to these 200 stat monsters running around. But if Nidoking being OU this generation taught us anything, it's that coverage, mixed with sheer force, life orb, makes anything work. Of course, you also have the stronger, but slower Darmanitan, and the gimmic Steelix (Use sturdy, you're not living anything otherwise)

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Already mentioned, but its worth the extra explanation. Maxing out at 350 speed, Marowak is suddenly far more threatening. Whilst you are a little frail, and dedicated defensive walls can still stop you, ghost/fire coverage with a boostable 518 attack stat can tear a lot of teams to pieces. Bonemerang is also an option for sash/sturdy users, and you have poltergeist for extra power. On top of that, you have lightning rod to turn Marowak into a perfect Regileki counter. it seems like a pretty strong meta choice given the amount of steels, though of course, you never get to choose an item, so its a little predictable.

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
Hasty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

I only used this pokemon a few times, but it was a clear MVP everytime. It's crazy what just +30 speed does to Bisharp, with plenty of stall pokemon relying on toxic, and plenty of intimidate users running around (lower ladder), Bisharp has a field day. Dark/Steel coverage is great, particularly when you account for iron head flinches, knocked off items and one of the strongest, stab priority moves in the game.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Recover

No dark type on the opponent's team? Okay, well how about you just set up and win? 110 hp, 125 def, 85 spdef, with magic guard and set up? Of course, haze will ruin you and there are some OP units running around, but with those stats and some good timing, you can 6-0 quite a few teams.

Salamence @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor

Stakataka @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leech Life
- Acrobatics
- Dig

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Stun Spore

Kartana @ Chople Berry
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Vacuum Wave
- Steel Beam

https://pokepast.es/1dee08316571a014

Had a go at trying to create a hail gimmick team for the OM

Alolan Ninetails and Vanilluxe are purely there for setting up hail and screens, Ninetails providing a lot more support in hypnosis and safeguard. Definitely the more important of the two.

Mamoswine is here to try and abuse the evasiveness that snow cloak provides and gives rocks, can be changed to more of a wallbreaker with life orb.

Avalugg becomes a tank with its high defence and special defence, here to help the team against rocks and be a tanky nuisance

Which opens up for the teams sweepers, Arctozolt and Glastrier. Arctozolt with slush rush becomes on of the fastest pokemon in the meta, so bolt beak will mostly be doing high damage, added with a life orb for that extra oomph. Credit to Pipotchi for this set, it can be a monster.

Glastrier is a force to be reckoned with as well. An big new speed stat means that it really only needs one swords dance and it is game over.

So let me know what you think. Feel free to change the team to your liking whether you need another slush rusher in Alolan Sandslash or want to change up the EV spreads.

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

I noticed that Blacephalon had quite a bit of physical attack not being used, so I turned that into speed, and now it can sweep teams. Idk if this is the optimal way to design timid blacephalon, but it hits the ultra-tanky tangrowth very hard and can give specs to annoying stall mons in the meta such as tornadus-T. I think this is a really strong option as a fast sweeper, but let me know if you have any suggestions.

As of today I got a triple peak on the ladder on three unregistered smurf accounts, figured it's time that I take a break and show off the teams that I've been using. I've used much more than just these two teams, but these two have been the most consistent to me. I've played a lot more unsafe offenses as well but they always have some inconsistency, be it losing to random Trick Room, or Magearna, or Regieleki, or something else. Teambuilding feels very box-ticky if you know what I mean. Anyways, here are some teams. Feel free to click for importables.

This team looks a lot like an early SS OU team, doesn't it? It's a very consistent balance that uses multiple priority attackers to keep offensive threats in line. Corviknight and Seismitoad form some nice role compression and checks to certain key threats, with Corviknight being a decent check to Kartana, Landorus-T, and Garchomp and Seismitoad being a necessary check to Regieleki and Dracovish. Being very reliant on priority lets it shut down cheesy offensive mons like Shell Smasher, fast stuff like Aggron and Spectrier, and others. Aegislash is also a nice wincon, with its 140 base speed in Sword form catching some players off guard. Some big threats to this team include Band Kartana, which is faster than everything except Aegislash in Sword form and can muscle by the specially defensive Corviknight. Other variants of Kartana are generally more manageable. Kyurem is also a threat for similar reasons; like Kartana, it is pretty fast and resists Aqua Jet and Grassy Glide, meaning Aegislash and Corviknight can be overloaded if it needs to check one or both of these. Special Garchomp is a problem as well, with LO Fire Blast doing a lot to Corviknight, but with some luck, you can Roost stall it to wear down the PP enough. Magearna is also never not a threat, usually if you keep Cinderace and Aegislash pristine it can be manageable though.

A semi-stall that has worked pretty consistently, I sort of based it on the previous team (above). Gastrodon fills the same role of defensively checking Regieleki and Dracovish, and does fairly convincingly against most Fire types. Corviknight and Ferrothorn function similarly to how they do in standard play. Bewear is a stupidly bulky physical wall that eats up practically every physical attacker with ease, Roar is on it so it doesn't become setup fodder for Ghost-types. Ditto is a competent form of speed control, and Aegislash is sort of a holdover from the last team. It can also provide speed control and helps with checking a few certain things. Some big problems for this team are Special Araquanid, which is a demon and can destroy Gastrodon with Giga Drain, and Ferrothorn can't stand up to it well either, usually you only see it on Trick Room though. Azumarill is much more common and usually can get at least one kill, especially the band variant. It also has the issue of being very weak to Fire, with four out of six mons being weak to it thanks to Fluffy. Gastrodon can generally check them, but special attackers like Eruption Heatran and especially Darmanitan are capable of picking the team apart. A possible optimization would be to change Aegislash for something that improves the matchup against special Fire-types. Darmanitan is just a really hard matchup for stall teams though.

I think this meta is really fun and I'd like to share my Guzzlord set

Guzzlord @ Assault Vest
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Dragon Claw
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash

Guzzlord is a very underrated mon in NS
You can give it 223 / 101 defense with an AV and make it very tanky.
I decided to go with 97 Def instead, the difference isn't big and its physical coverage is better and stronger.
I'd also recommend wish support and a mon that can switch into fairies.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8natureswap-1279191636

gotta say, im not rly a fan of dracovish, galardarm, etc being unbanned from ubers. i think its more fun with just regular ou banlist.

anyways, i also have some more mons that I really like:

:ss/krookodile:
Krookodile @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Krookodile is pretty useful as its a stealth rock setter, anti-rock type (Stakataka, Aggron, Regirock Shuckle etc) while handling Regieleki. Knock Off and Toxic are both useful despite the lowered offenses. Its very bulky but not quite as reliable as Salamence is, but you should be able to find a place for both on your team as Krook handles the rock types that Salamence cant. You can slot in Taunt to stop it being setup bait, or Roar for the same purpose.

also. ice types rly shine in this tier with Tangrowth and Salamence running around everywhere. These mons are all strong af and can mow down teams:
:regice: (naive)
:glastrier: (naive)
:darmanitan-galar: (this shouldnt be here but.... timid)
:darmanitan-galar-zen: (timid)
:arctozolt: (jolly)
:arctovish: (jolly/naive)
:kyurem: (jolly)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)