Naturally

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Naturally~

Introduction:

Hello all! This is the team that I made during the Salamence-less Suspect ladder time. It started out as a team just for that, but then I also found it to be effective with Salamence and used it for all of the World Cup and Battle Frontier as well, going 3-1 and 4-2 in OU battles. It's been one of my most reliable teams for a while, but still has a few problems which are sometimes hard to work around. (Title dedicated to supermarth64 9.9).

Team Building:

I started off knowing I wanted to abuse Spikes and therefore used Smeargle to keep to the offensive nature of the teams I like. Having never found Smeargle able to get up both Stealth Rock and Spikes reliably, I knew I needed a Stealth Rock user and Heatran seemed the most reliable for this, easily coming in on Jirachi and others, and setting it up as they switch. Obviously, I needed a Ghost-type so these hazards wouldn't be spun away and so went for Choice Scarf Rotom-W so I could also outspeed Starmie and hit Tyranitar with Hydro Pump, who want to Pursuit it. I decided an offensive Water/Grass/Fire core would be beneficial, giving me good options to switch into and also a strong offense to abuse the Spikes. Starmie seemed the best fit for the Water-type, helping deal with Heatran and Infernape, and also spinning away hazards which could hurt my team. I decided to use Shaymin in the last slot as Celebi would have opened a bit of a Rotom-A weakness and Choice Scarf Shaymin could check a lot of threats to my team, while forcing switches with Seed Flare. Expert Belt Jirachi took up the last slot to help a bit against stall and also provide me some useful resistances to Dragon- and Grass-types.

Closer Look:

Smeargle @ Focus Sash

Jolly
Own Tempo
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Spore
- Spikes
- U-turn
- Counter

When I started this team, one thing I knew I wanted was Spikes. Smeargle jumped out as a great choice, allowing me to not lose any offensive momentum that a spiker such as Forretress or Skarmory would lose me. Getting up even only one layer of Spikes is enough to allow my team to control the momentum of matches, as adding that to Stealth Rock punishes my opponent when they switch.

The moveset is pretty simple. Spore allows me to put a Pokemon to sleep and is usually my first move, Spikes is the first of the entry hazards which helps this team weaken down opposing teams, and U-turn is used against leads such as Aerodactyl and Azelf if I expect they'll Taunt me (I always U-turn in the first case). The last slot used to be Taunt; however, I hardly ever used it and noticed a big weakness to lead Machamp and so changed to Counter to take a hit and OHKO them at the beginning. I just used maximum Attack and Speed to outspeed as much as possible and make U-turn do at least decent damage. I never found Defense EVs that useful.

Against 15 Important Leads:

Azelf - Doing anything other than U-turning is too risky so I U-turn to either Rotom-W or Shaymin depending on how I feel to OHKO it.
Metagross - Bit of an annoying lead. I sometimes just Counter them, otherwise I switch to Rotom-W and then to Heatran.
Heatran - Spore them and then get up one layer of Spikes.
Machamp - Counter as they're annoying enough to my team that Smeargle likely getting up nothing is worth it.
Infernape - Switch to Rotom-W on Fake Out and 2HKO with Thunderbolt.
Aerodactyl - U-turn to Rotom-W on Taunt.
Roserade - Annoying lead. I have to decide whether to sacrifice Smeargle to sleep and then switch to Jirachi, or to try and be clever and switch to Starmie and then to Jirachi, but sometimes they'll Sleep Powder again.
Swampert - They will usually switch to someone to take the Spore, so I use Spikes first turn, Spore the switch in, and then use Spikes again.
Jirachi - Switch to Heatran and get Stealth Rock up.
Forretress - They never stay in so I use Spikes as the sleep absorber comes in, then Spore, then U-turn as I can't afford to let Forretress come back in and get Spikes up.
Gliscor - Switch or U-turn straight to Starmie.
Skarmory - Spikes first turn as they probably switch (hope they aren't the Lum Skarmory who would stay in), then Spore the switch in, and U-turn so Skarmory can't come back in and get Spikes up.
Tyranitar - Annoying. I U-turn to Shaymin usually.
Hippowdon - They usually don't stay in so I use Spikes, Spore the switch in, then U-turn so they can't bring a Spiker in.
Starmie - Very annoying lead to face. Usually just U-turn for some damage to either Rotom-W or Shaymin and hopefully can get Smeargle in later.
---

Heatran @ Passho Berry

Mild
Flash Fire
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Explosion

Heatran's main job is to set up Stealth Rock for the team to add to the Spikes from Smeargle. With all the Jirachi around, it is easy to get an early switch to set it up. I will often switch in to a Grass-type and make it seem like I'm Scarfed, allowing for an easy set-up of it. Its resistances are invaluable to the team as is its Fire-type immunity.

The set is simple. I use Flamethrower because I like the improved PP and 100% accuracy, and with a Mild nature, it still hurts a lot. Earth Power is used mainly for opposing Heatran trying to switch in on a Fire-type attack, but also for Tyranitar so I can slowly weaken it down from hazards + attacks. Explosion is in the last slot because exploding on Blissey, Suicune, and Vaporeon among others can often be helpful to my team and allows Heatran to go down dealing a lot of damage. I use a Mild nature for the increased power and I don't have a Shuca Berry so it's not like I need to speed tie with opposing Heatran anyway. Passho Berry is used because LO Starmie can sometimes be very annoying to this team and allows me to explode on it or Earth Power a very weakened one. Also helps against Rotom-W, Suicune, and Vaporeon. Mild is used rather than Rash as I'm more likely going to come in on special attacks rather than physical attacks other than Iron Head and it's helpful in making Rotom-A Thunderbolts do less.
---

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf

Timid
Levitate
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

Rotom-W is the spinblocker on the team, which is essential for this team so I don't lose my Spikes/Stealth Rock. It's also very helpful as a check against DD Gyarados who can often be annoying for this team. Outspeeding Starmie is very useful as it's the most dangerous spinner to this team. If it still has its Choice Scarf at the end of the game, then often Rotom-W is the one who does the cleaning up of my weakened opponent's team.

Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are obviously needed as they provide great coverage, have STAB, and hit dangerous Pokemon such as Gyarados and Rotom-A super effectively. Hydro Pump was needed because of Tyranitar being used more to Pursuit spin blockers, and with Spikes and Stealth Rock, I 2HKO Choice Scarf Tyranitar if I catch it on the switch. Trick allows me to deal with set-uppers, especially Calm Mind Jirachi, who can be a big threat to this team once Heatran is down/low on health.
---

Starmie @ Life Orb

Timid
Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

LO Starmie is the main offensive threat on this team, and with Spikes and Stealth Rock, most offensive teams crumble to it. Its also my Rapid Spinner which I need since Spikes and especially Toxic Spikes can hurt this team a lot, and it also means I can switch more freely. Starmie is one of my best switches into Heatran and Infernape and so is very useful to the team. Although it lacks Recover, switching into them once is usually enough with hazards up as forcing them out will put them down to 50% if I have both Stealth Rock and Spikes up, and this means they won't be able to switch in so easily.

Set is simple. Surf is used rather than Thunderbolt because I usually prefer reliability over power unless I really need it. Thunderbolt hits Water-types trying to come in on Surf. I did have Recover over Ice Beam, but found I hardly ever got time to use it, and hitting Grass-types and also Dragonite is more beneficial. It was especially useful for hitting Salamence when he was allowed.
---

Jirachi @ Expert Belt

Naive
Serene Grace
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Grass Knot

Expert Belt Jirachi is great at luring in Pokemon such as Forretress wanting to set up Spikes and Swampert wanting to get Stealth Rock up. Since entry hazards make it harder for my team to switch around a lot, luring in some of the common users of them is useful. I already have two other Scarf users on this team so a Choice Scarf was unneeded anyway.

I did consider having Thunderbolt over Ice Punch to hit Skarmory hard, but found hitting Dragonite, Flygon, and Gliscor more useful overall, as well as hitting Salamence during the time before it was banned. Other moves on this set are simple. Iron Head is its best move and flinching is useful. Fire Punch hits Forretress and Grass-types, among others, and Grass Knot hits bulky Ground- and Water-types hard.
---

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf

Timid
Natural Cure
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice
- Energy Ball

My last team member and a very important one. Along with Rotom-W, it provides the revenge killing I need and is also my best switch into Water-type attacks. If I know my opponent has Skarmory or Forretress, I will just use Shaymin as a pivot switch, as they'll likely switch back to one of those two as I switch to Heatran to force them out and get Stealth Rock up. However, once those two are taken out, I am usually free to fire off Seed Flare without too many Pokemon easily switching in, there was also Salamence during that metagame, but with Stealth Rock up, it was basically forced to Roost or only get one attack off, making it easy pickings for my team.

Seed Flare and Earth Power are obviously needed. Seed Flare is its strongest STAB attack and forces lots of switches especially if the SpD drop happens, while Earth Power hits Heatran and other Fire- and Steel-types trying to come in on Seed Flare. Hidden Power Ice was certainly needed during the Salamence metagame, and although it may be a bit less useful now, it still is the best option for a Hidden Power. I could use Hidden Power Electric to hit Gyarados/Skarmory, but then I would lack a move for Grass-types, or I could use Hidden Power Fire to hit Skarmory and Forretress, but the Speed point drop would be annoying when facing other base 100 Choice Scarf users. Hidden Power Ice still gets nice hits on Dragonite, Flygon, and Gliscor, as well as hitting Grass-types without lowering my Speed, and so is the superior choice for this team. Energy Ball is in the last slot rather than Rest as I like having a secondary Grass-type STAB which has more PP and reliable accuracy for times where I will KO them anyway and don't want to risk the 85% accuracy of Seed Flare.
---

Conclusion

I've certainly enjoyed using this team, and will still likely use it, since it has been one of my most reliable teams. It may be a bit stall weak, but with smart switching (ensuring I get Jirachi in when I know Blissey is coming in), this can usually be overcome.

Thanks for reading and any comments to improve the team will be appreciated.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Threats~

(Salamence) - Keeping Stealth Rock up helped. Jirachi could come in on Draco Meteor and scare it out thinking I'm Scarfed. Shaymin can revenge with Hidden Power Ice, although DD ones at +1 meant a Speed tie. Rotom-W can switch in on Earthquake and Starmie Fire Blast.

Heatran - Starmie is my main method of dealing with it. I just make it pick up entry hazard damage and try to avoid giving it a Flash Fire boost. Rotom-W Hydro Pump does around 80% to Naive ones so can finish off slightly weakened ones.

Rotom-A - Shaymin is my best switch in, only really fearing Overheat from Rotom-H. Heatran is also a good switch in for me, and Starmie Surf/Rotom-W Shadow Ball do a lot.

Gyarados - Rotom-W revenges +1 DD ones. Shaymin Seed Flare does like 50%. Starmie also takes them out when they're not at +1. I just ensure they don't get more than one DD.

Infernape - Starmie is my best switch, and like Heatran, I just make it pick up entry hazard damage, and my Scarfers can pick it off later.

Tyranitar - Little bit annoying, but with hazards up, managable. Shaymin's Seed Flare does a ton, as does Starmie Surf, and Rotom-W Hydro Pump can 2HKO with hazards.

Jirachi - Heatran is my best switch in and then Rotom-W. Calm Mind versions can be annoying late-game if Heatran is very weakened, and so I may have to Trick Rotom-W's Scarf then.

Starmie - My main priority is to ensure they don't Rapid Spin as they are the most dangerous spinner to my team. Shaymin can switch in on most moves, Rotom-W switches in on everything but Surf and can take one if needed. Heatran can boom on it as Passho lets it survive.

Flygon - They usually U-turn early so I'll go to Rotom-W or Heatran as a back up. Rotom-W is the main choice though as they may try to be clever and Earthquake. Jirachi can survive an Earthquake and OHKO with Ice Punch if its around full health. Shaymin risks a speed tie but can KO with HP Ice, and Seed Flare does a ton too.

Scizor - Heatran or Rotom-W are my best switches in. It mainly gets a chance to come in on Shaymin, but with hazards, etc, it's not a problem.

Dragonite - Bit annoying due to its bulk and power, but I just try and ensure I have Stealth Rock up, and Shaymin can revenge DD versions. Starmie/Jirachi also do fine if it hasn't got a DD yet.

Gengar - A dangerous mon that I often have to double switch in. I'll switch to Heatran on a Shadow Ball and then to Starmie or Rotom-W on the Focus Blast. Starmie needs around 2 Stealth Rock switches in to OHKO it with Surf.

Azelf - Mostly leads who I just U-turn. Choice Band leads are annoying but manageable. As for others, Shaymin and Rotom-W can revenge, and Heatran is often a good switch in.

Metagross - Leads are a bit annoying, but non leads I let pick up entry hazards, and Rotom-W can often deal with them. Non Jolly Agility ones are outsped by Shaymin and Earth Powered.

Swampert - Not a problem. One of the best leads for Smeargle to come up against, and lured in by Jirachi, and hit hard my most other Pokemon, other than really Heatran.

Suicune - Shaymin and Rotom-W revenge it. Shaymin also switches in on anything but Ice Beam. I just ensure they never get more than 1 Calm Mind without taking severe damage.

Lucario - Agility versions are the most annoying as they can sweep me late-game, but I just try and ensure I hit them as hard as possible and have one mon in high health. Swords Dance ones are no problem. Rotom-W and Jirachi easily revenge it, and Shaymin lives a +2 ExtremeSpeed if its at high health.

Skarmory - Main thing I do is ensure it never gets Spikes up and so I won't use Shaymin as anything other than a pivot switch when its there. Heatran, Rotom-W, and Starmie all scare it off, and Starmie can spin away hazards once Rotom-A s down if it gets any up. Its the main Pokemon making me consider Thunderbolt on Jirachi though, since that's one of its main places to switch in.

Celebi - LO versions are the most annoying, but usually manageable. If they lack Earth Power, Heatran deals with them. Rotom-W scares them off as they pick up hazard damage, and Starmie, Jirachi, and Shaymin all have a super effective attack to finish off weakened ones.

Machamp - Leads get Countered. Non leads are annoying and will usually require a sacrifice, but once something is sacced to weaken it badly, then its alright. I'll sometimes try to double switch to Rotom-W on DynamicPunch then Jirachi on Payback to avoid saccing a mon.

Kingdra - Annoying. Heatran can explode, but if they sub, then it's for nothing. Shaymin does a bit over half with Seed Flare, and generally it just requires a bit of switching and weakening to avoid losing a mon to it.

Shaymin - More annoying than Celebi because it has a much easier time against Rotom-W, but at least it doesn't have Recover like Celebi. Again, I just switch around and try and weaken it.

Gliscor - Starmie scares it off. Jirachi can sometimes lure it in to take out with Ice Punch. Rotom-W and Shaymin both have a super effective attack for it, so not that much of a problem.

Jolteon - Shaymin is my best switch in, and with some prior damage can take it out with Earth Power. Rotom-W also switches in on Thunderbolt. They're a bit annoying but with hazards and their general fragility, they'll be dealt with at.

Breloom - Annoying if it manages to come in on Shaymin not using HP Ice, Rotom-W using Thunderbolt, or Smeargle after its Spored something as then I'll have to sac a mon to sleep and maybe have a mon badly hurt too. If I know they have one, I just try and avoid doing that.

Zapdos - Heatran comes in on anything but Thunderbolt and does a lot with Flamethrower, while it can't be stalled out but SubRoost versions usually due to higher PP compared to Fire Blast Rotom-W also does alright, and Shaymin can 2HKO with Hidden Power Ice after Stealth Rock. Starmie and Jirachi also finish off bit weakened ones.

Blissey - Rather annoying due to my team being very specially based. I usually just try to make it pick up entry hazard damage and get Jirachi in to scare it off whenever I predict it coming in. If worst comes to worst, I can try and get Heatran to explode on it.

Vaporeon - Most annoying when used alongside Blissey. Otherwise, Shaymin usually does very well, and Rotom-W can also scare it off. Starmie needs to hit it with Thunderbolt on the switch in to avoid being stalled out, but if it does that, with the entry hazard damage, it will be no problem.

Forretress - I just ensure they never get Spikes up. The only real places they can manage this is Rotom-W's Shadow Ball, Shaymin, and Smeargle after a Spore, so I just stray away from these, often double switching with Shaymin. Luckily, Expert Belt Jirachi can often lure them in.

Roserade - Leads are annoying and usually require saccing something to sleep. Toxic Spikes affecting Starmie and Shaymin is annoying so I try to spin them as early as possible.

Empoleon - Not usually a problem since I can always revenge them and they'll usually take a lot of damage setting up. Rotom-W also outspeeds non Timid ones after an Agility, and Shaymin outspeeds all of them.

Aerodactyl - Leads just get U-turned and taken out. LO ones are kind of annoying but with my two Choice Scarfers and Stealth Rock up, they'll never cause too much damage.

Magnezone - Not much of a problem. Spikes will weaken it a lot, and if they switch in on Jirachi thinking I'm Choice Scarf, they can enjoy a Fire Punch. Starmie outspeeds even Scarf ones and does a lot with Surf, while Shaymin and Rotom-W usually switch in easily.

Bronzong - Its bulk makes it a bit annoying, but I just weaken it down, and Heatran can do a lot with Flamethrower if they aren't Heatproof, and if they are, Spikes will show this

Tentacruel - It's bulky enough where it'll always get Toxic Spikes up before going down and so can be a bit annoying, but I just take it out with Starmie, Shaymin, or Rotom-W, and spin away hazards later when I can. My only two Toxic Spikes weak who matter (so not including Smeargle) have Natural Cure which helps if I spin them away later.

Togekiss - Annoying because of Thunder Wave + Air Slash. Sometimes I'll explode on it with Heatran if its low enough. Rotom-W does well but hates Thunder Wave. Jirachi can flinch it to death if it avoids Thunder Wave. Having Stealth Rock up helps a lot.

Hippowdon - Not much of a problem really. Jirachi lures it and Grass Knots for a lot. Starmie and Shaymin scare it off, and Rotom-W also has Hydro Pump for it. As a lead, they're nice to face as they always switch not wanting to lose their Stealth Rocker to sleep, and so I can Spike then Spore.

Snorlax - Annoying as my team is very specially based. I just try and weaken it down with hazards + attacks. Curselax is probably the worst one to face as it can Rest off the damage. In that case, I'll ensure I have Rotom-W alive to Trick its Scarf.

Mamoswine - Hazards weaken it down and then just predicting the Earthquake or Ice Shard depends on who switches in well. Rotom-W on Earthquake to scare it off, Starmie and Jirachi on Ice Shard.

Weavile - Hazards really keep it down, and there aren't many places for it to switch in really. Jirachi helps against it a lot as does Rotom-W. At worst, I'll probably lose 1 mon to it before taking it out.

Heracross - Rotom-W is my best switch into it. Jirachi deals with non Scarf ones. Starmie and Shaymin can do a decent amount with hazards up. Scarf ones are annoying late-game if Rotom-W is down though, but they're uncommon.

Electivire - Not a problem at all. Rotom-W and Shaymin revenge it if it manages to get a boost, and with hazards, it'll be weakened easily. Its usually rather obvious when people are trying to get the Electric-type attack off you to get the boost.

Dusknoir - Not much of a problem with hazards weakening it, and Shaymin taking most attacks. The rest of my team also hit it hard.

Abomasnow - Annoying if I don't have hazards up. Otherwise, Stealth Rock and Spikes will really limit its switch ins, and Jirachi and Heatran will scare it off.

You have a way of moving me, a force of nature your energy it comes naturally...

Hey Joel, cool team! I like the team a lot but think that a well played Heatran could really cause problems for you because it can switch in easily on non Earth Powering Shaymin as well as Jirachi. Your Starmie is not going to survive long against repeated Fire Blasts, especially when it costs 10% health to attack. Therefore, I think you should run Recover > Rapid Spin. You should be focused on getting up as many layers as possible against stall anyway, and you have Trick and an unorthodox Jirachi to help out as well as Heatran's Explosion. If you play Shaymin cautiously you shouldnt notice a large change except in Starmie's longevity.

In addition to this, a Shuca Berry on your Heatran will give you a useful lure for opposing Heatran. Between Shaymin, Starmie, and Rotom, I cant see you having problems with Water types, so a Shuca Berry helps you out against Heatran which is the more pressing issue. The only water type you might struggle against more is Kingdra, but if you run a Timid or a Naive nature you can Explode on it before it can trouble you. Good luck with your team!

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
This looks like a fantastic team, and you seem to have been very successful with it. If there's one potential flaw that's immediately apparent, it's the pair of Scarfers - not only does having both seem redundant, it gives you a lack of power and versatility which is especially evident in your slightly troublesome stall matchup. For this reason, I would suggest changing Rotom-W, either swapping Scarf for Specs or replacing it with the Substitute + Pain Split Gengar that's become so popular.

Each has advantages. Gengar is a better stallbreaker, helping to take down things like Blissey and Tyranitar which seem as if they could annoy your specially-based team. It also really cracks this metagame open, as it has few safe switch-ins (particularly when backed by Spikes). It's also a lot harder to Pursuit due to Substitute and the lack of Choice-locking. Rotom-W, however, checks things like Scizor and Gyarados more effectively, and lets you retain the ability to Trick the likes of Snorlax and CM Jirachi, while giving you an offensive powerhouse that is hard to set up on due to surprisingly high damage output.

If you did remove Scarf Rotom, I would also suggest possibly putting Hidden Power Electric on Shaymin in order to deal with offensive Gyarados, which would be a real problem for your team. However, it could simply be played around to the point where Shaymin's Seed Flare could severely maim it.

Another possible change could be making Jirachi a Specially-based variant. I would only do this if you opted for SubSplit Gengar, because otherwise you would have real problems with Blissey and Snorlax, but the following set could work wonders:
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Psychic
Grass Knot
Hidden Power [Fire]
Calm Mind

Superachi has the ability to OHKO things like Swampert, last-poke-sweep a lot of stall teams and generally annihilate opponents once their Heatran is out of the way (you can use Hidden Power Ground but that's an invitation for Celebi to wall you and Skarmory to set up hazards). Most Blissey aren't going to switch into CM Jirachi because they're unable to do anything to those that pack wish or 101 Subs. By the time the opponent clocks and it does come in, the boost from a couple of Calm Minds coupled with the big SpA investment will often allow you to smash through hazard-weakened Bliss.

My opinion on Friar's advice is that you shouldn't use Recover on Starmie. That weakens your Stall matchup, because LO Rapid Spin Starmie is a nightmare for Stall. If they bring in their Blissey, their hazards disappear, but if they go for Rotom-A it gets 2HKOd and they can't block Spin later (plus they're a poke down). I do agree with potentially putting Shuca on Heatran.

Hi there!

This is a great team, but I do see a couple of changes that could be made to improve it.

First off, I would recommend Stealth Rock over Counter on Smeargle. Counter will 99% of the time be unused, with lead Machamp falling out of popularity lately. With this change, you are free to use a different Heatran set. I would recommend this one :

Heatran @ Life Orb
Naive nature (+Spe, -SpDef)
4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Fire Blast (or FT, your choice)
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Grass
- Explosion

This set absolutely destroys stall, and can help against offensive teams also. With Salamence gone, Ice Punch on Jirachi is no where near as useful as it used to be. Dragonite is easily revenged by Rotom, while Flygon is commonly scarfed. Gliscor can also take an Ice Punch. I would recommend Thunderbolt over it.

With Rotom, you already have a scarf user on your team. I feel it unessicary to have a second. I am guessing that Shaymin's main purpose was to kill Salamence with Hp Ice, but now that it is banned, that is no longer a problem. I would switch Shaymin's set to one like this:

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid nature (+Spe, -SpA)
32 Hp / 252 SpAtk / 224 Spe
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Fire
- Rest

This shaymin helps maintain offensive momentum, and dosen't suffer from being choiced. This also helps with your stall weakness.

Anyways, great team, and good luck!

Finally someone understands how awesome Smeargle is, i love you. ;_;

And about Smeargle, i think you should run 252 Def/Spe and drop out your Counter. Over Counter you should use Stealth Rocks or Encore. Stealth Rocks gives free moveslot for your Heatran, but Encore helps a lot setting up own layers. And i really think 252 Atk isn't needed because still you cant do much damage against Azelf, and its not even needed, while after breaking sash Azelf is easily covered by Rotom for example.

If you change SR to Smeargle, you can make Heatran set's normal LO sweepper so you get awesome stallbreaker. And also i agree with Gary the Gengar about Shaymin.

Very solid team, good luck with your team. :)

EspyJoel

Espy <3
@Friar - Heatran can sometimes be annoying hence why I used to have Recover over Ice Beam, but as for replacing Rapid Spin, I'm unlikely to do so as if my opponent does manage to get hazards up, Rapid Spin is pretty vital for the team. I'll try out Shuca Berry Heatran though as I see some advantages to it.

@Ice-eyes - I had considered trying SubSplit Gengar before on the team so I'll try it out over Rotom-W. Hidden Power Electric on Shaymin would make DD Dragonite a lot more annoying so not too sure about doing that. I won't be changing to superachi since that makes my team almost completely special based and it'll make me weaker to stall than I already am if I can't explode Heatran on Blissey.

@gary the gengar - I'm not changing Counter to Stealth Rock as that makes me very weak to Machamp leads which are still common. Also, I've found Smeargle can't often get both hazards up and so not having Stealth Rock on Heatran may hurt the team. I'll try out Thunderbolt over Ice Punch on Jirachi. I had considered unscarfing Shaymin so will try LO Shaymin out.

@Maketsu - I never really found the Defense EVs that useful and like doing a bit more with U-turn to Azelf and Starmie. Not changing Counter since makes team weak to lead Machamp.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
Tried these changes out. Not liking Hidden Power Electric on Shaymin so not changing that. LO Shaymin wasn't really that impressive to me for the team, it didn't help much against stall as it was still taken on by Blissey, although hitting it a bit harder. SubPain Split Gengar was quite nice over Rotom-W, although there were times I missed the Speed as well as the STAB Thunderbolt so not completely sure about that one just yet. Also, I find it a lot easier to keep my hazards up when using Rotom-W rather than Gengar. Shuca Berry on Heatran was nice for other Heatran and also the Grass-types, although Kingdra was often more annoying so still not 100% sure about changing that. Thunderbolt on Jirachi helped a bit against stall since Skarmory sometimes switched in, but overall I find Ice Punch more useful.

I'd be happy to listen to any other suggestions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)