Resource National Dex Ubers Bazaar

entrocefalo

is a Top Tiering Contributor
NatDex Slam Winner
Approved by Eledyr

OP Stolen From GMars
Welcome to the National Dex Ubers Team Bazaar! This thread is for a more casual team-sharing environment than the RMT subforum. Here are the guidelines:

1. Make sure you've playtested your teams if you're sharing them and looking for advice.
2. Provide an importable for your team and a brief description.

That's it! Here's an example post:
Weirdhamster said:
https://pokepast.es/3bbddeff1b6d6f38

Sticky webs support helps a lot of slower threats shine. Calm mind Primal Kyogre and dragon dance Rayquaza can utilize their breaking power better without having to worry about their speed holding them down. Both Zacian and Mewtwo loves having opposing Zacian slowed down from sticky webs as they no longer have to worry about being revenge killed by it anymore. Arceus-Ground can utilize sticky webs by using swords dance to throw off high power earthquakes, or blow past walls such as Zygarde with Groundium Z. Zacian with play rough and tera blast ground can also feast on defensive teams as typical checks such as Zygarde or Primal Groudon now fail to check it.

Tahz

Banned deucer.
:kyogre-primal::Ho-oh::groudon-primal::zacian-crowned::lunala::zygarde: Paraspam with specs lunala and Zacian

Pdon and zygarde help spread paralysis which helps lunala with its meddling speed to actually blowholes. Hooh can be thunderwave too now that i think about it. Zacian is using wild charge set as zygarde helps pdon matchup. Coil zygod is an amazing late game sweeper with its ability to wall basically any physical threat with the help of tera, glare, and defense boosts.

:kyogre-primal::Ho-oh::groudon-primal::Calyrex-ice::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::arceus-fairy: Band caly and cm unecro

Wanted to try out band caly as it does shitloads of damage, trick cripples stall and balance switch ins like unsuspecting Ho-ohs and Dondozo, it also acts as cleric after trick. Arc fairy is used here for a better yveltal matchup but Zacian can be used too. Magearna can also be a potential alternative as it checks xern very well.

:glimmora::arceus::eternatus::xerneas::salamence-mega::calyrex-ice: HOstack

Prolly the best team I've made yet, glimmora is an amazing lead which ensures either a poison or hazards up. powerherp etern and z arceus threatens Ho-ohs that want to defog. Xerneas is arguably the best tera abuser and sweeper in the meta rn and prolly should have a suspect. Caly is able to reverse a lot of matches with it being able to sweep 4 mons with ease in trick room if played properly. Mega Salamence is my favourite wallbreaker, it 3 shots donzo with frustration meaning it does not have much problem with stall.

UPDATE: reached personal best of 1820 with HOstack.
1706301076144.png

The first two teams arent tested too much so you can and should tweak it.

Last edited:
:kyogre-primal::Ho-oh::groudon-primal::zacian-crowned::lunala::zygarde: Paraspam with specs lunala and Zacian

Pdon and zygarde help spread paralysis which helps lunala with its meddling speed to actually blowholes. Hooh can be thunderwave too now that i think about it. Zacian is using wild charge set as zygarde helps pdon matchup. Coil zygod is an amazing late game sweeper with its ability to wall basically any physical threat with the help of tera, glare, and defense boosts.

:kyogre-primal::Ho-oh::groudon-primal::Calyrex-ice::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::arceus-fairy: Band caly and cm unecro

Wanted to try out band caly as it does shitloads of damage, trick cripples stall and balance switch ins like unsuspecting Ho-ohs and Dondozo, it also acts as cleric after trick. Arc fairy is used here for a better yveltal matchup but Zacian can be used too. Magearna can also be a potential alternative as it checks xern very well.

:glimmora::arceus::eternatus::xerneas::salamence-mega::calyrex-ice: HOstack

Prolly the best team I've made yet, glimmora is an amazing lead which ensures either a poison or hazards up. powerherp etern and z arceus threatens Ho-ohs that want to defog. Xerneas is arguably the best tera abuser and sweeper in the meta rn and prolly should have a suspect. Caly is able to reverse a lot of matches with it being able to sweep 4 mons with ease in trick room if played properly. Mega Salamence is my favourite wallbreaker, it 3 shots donzo with frustration meaning it does not have much problem with stall.

UPDATE: reached personal best of 1820 with HOstack.
View attachment 597255
The first two teams arent tested too much so you can and should tweak it.
u posted the band caly team instead of specs lunala team

Last edited:
literally mono psychic and also hard trick room
:Hatterene: :Calyrex-Ice: :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: :Lunala: :Mewtwo-Mega-Y: :Tapu Lele:
https://pokepast.es/fa025aa21b54d295

hatterene is standard trick room lead with tera normal for marshadow, tectonic rage calyrex because it's fun for me to use and nukes nec/pdon/kyogre at +1, bog standard policy tr necrozma with tera water for kyogre, power herb lunala because I felt it could get the most mileage in trick room with tera fairy for ygod, mmy as a non tr cleaner and pretty good stallbreaker, tapu lele as a good mmy partner, eject button because I was feeling funky and it somehow works, tera normal for marshadow and e killer

feels fun using a trick room team where all three abusers can set trick room, i've hit top 10 on ladder

Oculars

REVERSE SHAMONE
is a Tiering Contributor
triple nap time screens big oc + mazar xern ubers shiest
:sv/grimmsnarl: :sv/kyogre-primal: :sv/groudon-primal: :sv/xerneas: :sv/gothitelle: :sv/necrozma-dusk-mane:

Team we built for NDFL (Shoutout R8 large 6-0 in ubers carry) that never ended up being used team was designed as mainly a hard counter to stall since our opp was a known ladder staller. Team exploits goth to take on non phazing variants of zygarde, dondozo, chansey if it doesnt tera ghost among many other fat mons that you may want removed and pp stalled. Since confide chansey with tera ghost is typically the main problem for this team winning I thought to pair up mazar xerneas with cm rest ogre so that you can force chansey to burn confides on ogre allowing xern to setup and sweep. You only need to burn around 6 confides to cleanly win the 1v1 vs chansey with xerneas. NDM is weakness policy trick room to stop offensive teams from getting out of hand and groudon is offensive mixed spikes.

Mega Diancie Balance

:sv/diancie-mega: :sv/giratina-origin: :sv/yveltal: :sv/zygarde-complete: :sv/ho-oh: :sv/groudon-primal:

This was for HGPL3 until I got robbed by a best-of-one gimmick questionable team. :Diancie-mega: has a strong Moonblast as well as EdgeQuake coverage, so it can be a problem for fatter teams to switch around, especially in the mid to late game. Spikes takes advantage of repeated switches, such as between :ho-oh: and :necrozma-dusk-mane:, with Magic Bounce bouncing back hazards from suicide leads as well as status moves like Toxic from :ho-oh:. 24 Attack EVs allows us to 2HKO :blissey:. :giratina-origin: switches into :groudon-primal: and :kyogre-primal: for :diancie-mega:, can phaze setup mons with Dragon Tail, removes hazards with Defog and helps :diancie-mega: attack better with Thunder Wave support. :Yveltal: has good synergy with :diancie-mega:, offers priority in sucker punch against :mewtwo-mega-y: and :necrozma-ultra: as well as being a decent switch in to more passive mons like :chansey: or :ferrothorn: which could annoy :diancie-mega:. :zygarde: gives me a reasonable check to other strong physical mons, such as :salamence-mega: and :marshadow:, with more paralysis support with Glare, and it can act as a strong wincon with Tera Water against :calyrex-ice:. :ho-oh: and :groudon-primal: handle the fairy types, such as :xerneas: and :zacian-crowned:, with :ho-oh: also being able to phaze and defog, and :groudon-primal: offering more hazard support. Originally I had :arceus-poison: to handle :xerneas: and :zacian-crowned:, but I replaced it with :groudon-primal: as it felt more consistent.

seriously who tf runs assault vest yveltal and focus sash flutter mane i got robbed from a win i should've just gone HP ground xern HO or something idfk

Last edited:
Have you tried using the endeavor tec? does considerably more than half to most of the mons in the tier due to diancies abysmal 50 base hp stat and puts stuff like blissey into ohko range of diamond storm without any investment
I know what you're talking about, but I don't like that set a lot, feels inconsistent sometimes and a lot of the time its easy pickings for :marshadow: or :arceus:. It's not BAD but I prefer just attacking normally, especially since getting :diancie-mega: in the game is diffucult enough.

I made this team based around Mega-Metagross with its new indirect buffs from the DLC2. I added several teammates to support it. Yveltal is a nice partner with Meta-Mega, Grimmsnarl for screens and paralysis, Heatran for a Fairy Resistance+Hazards, Arceus-Fairy for a fighting resist as well as a nice mon in general, and Deoxys-Attack for priority and raw power. You can get a more in-depth view of my team building on this page. Apparently, I can't post on there without permission. (I didn't know. Oopsies. Thanks to Runo for directing me here.)

Tahz

Banned deucer.

I made this team based around Mega-Metagross with its new indirect buffs from the DLC2. I added several teammates to support it. Yveltal is a nice partner with Meta-Mega, Grimmsnarl for screens and paralysis, Heatran for a Fairy Resistance+Hazards, Arceus-Fairy for a fighting resist as well as a nice mon in general, and Deoxys-Attack for priority and raw power. You can get a more in-depth view of my team building on this page. Apparently, I can't post on there without permission. (I didn't know. Oopsies. Thanks to Runo for directing me here.)

The only fairy you need heatran to worry about is Zacian, which can either CC or tera ground blast

The only fairy you need heatran to worry about is Zacian, which can either CC or tera ground blast
That's true, but usually a simple thunder wave, a massive hit from Heatran and a strong enough move to finish it off usually does the trick. However, I do have to be careful. And if it does tera, then it falls victim to Deoxys with ice beam or e-speed. (Also sorry for the late response.)

Calyrex-Ice + NDM Soft Trick Room Offense Team Report
1709148822599.png

Paste: https://pokepast.es/0ac01f7ca042e0a2
The Concept
I previously built a team with that NDM set and Choice Band Calyrex-Ice, but decided to try out Tera Ice + Never-Melt Ice as a substitute for CB so it can set up Trick Room for itself. I'm very happy with how much the two TR setters synergize with each other. Oftentimes, one will set TR and either die or I'll have the opportunity to hard switch into the other to continue the sweep/midgame wallbreak. It was very easy for me to adjust to this team because of the experience I had with the previous Calyrex + TR NDM team I made. This team is incredibly fun, in part due to having 3.5 setup sweepers/win cons (Geomancy Xern, the two TR setters, and Rock Polish Groudon). This is one of my favorite teams I've ever built and I'm currently at 1820 on the ladder with it.
The Team Members
Groudon:
Bulky strong Rock Polish Groudon is great for what I need it to do. One of its main roles is as a revenge killer against Xerneas, Arceus, Yveltal, Zacian, etc, but it can also serve as a late game cleaner under the right conditions with Rock Polish (Second-last replay being an example). The speed EVs let it outspeed uninvested Zygarde and also ends up significantly above the 438 speed benchmark after Rock Polish. The extra bulk it has is very appreciated. There have been dozens of games where it survived on 5-10% and was able to accomplish what it had to when it wouldn't have been able to if not for those HP EVs. Being almost max attack lets it still do obscene damage against neutral targets with Heat Crash and also cleanly OHKO un-tera'd Zacian. It's Primal Groudon. It's a pretty good pokemon in this tier
Arceus: I was very hesitant to run a support Groundceus with no way to hit flying types, but this set has exceeded my expectations. With Taunt and Recover, it can still set the tempo against Yveltal and Ho-Oh, allowing it to faint or hard switch on the right turn to keep momentum up. Taunting Ho-Oh and dying that turn gives Xerneas a very free Geomancy opportunity. I've never actually clicked tera Water with it but it's there for the ice, fire, and water resistances. Rocks are essential for this team to function: chipping Pokemon like Arceus and Xerneas, breaking Lunala's Shadow Shield, and nullifying the occasional Sash. Taunt allows it to prevent Geomancy from going off, as well as Defog from Ho-Oh and Taunt/Recover from opposing Arceus forms. The spatk investment is to have a guaranteed OHKO on no bulk Primal Groudon. Taunt also allows Xerneas to be turned into a setup opportunity: Calyrex can survive 1-2 neutral Xerneas moonblasts after Arceus faints/hard switches and retaliate with Tera Ice Glacial Lance. I lead Arceus about 70% of my games with this team if I had to guess. It's a very valuable at beating lead Glimmora: Taunt prevents any hazards from going up and then they're setup fodder for Necrozma if they run the standard set of Mud Shot + Mortal Spin.
Calyrex: Difficult to build a team around, but the reward is immense when you can make it work. Ice is an amazing attacking type in the tier, and this set was made to take full advantage of Glacial Lance's obscene power. Seed Bomb instead of Close Combat because it's much better against Dondozo + Kyogre and neutral Glacial Lance is barely weaker than supereffective CC (216 after stab vs. 240). Tera Ice + Never-Melt Ice is effectively a 1.6x boost (Lance goes from 180 BP after STAB to 288), slightly more than Choice Band. Tera is required to pick up some important KOs, like against Stealth Rock chipped Lunala and Xerneas. Not having a defensive tera to set up TR with hurts, but Tera Ice is sort of okay defensively when taking into account the fact that most supereffective attacks headed at Calyrex are against its half-Psychic typing. At team preview, the first thought on my mind is to see what Ice resistances the opposing team has and how to deal with them. Removing or significantly chipping one Steel type can completely snowball the game in your favor once Trick Room goes up. Opposing NDM is the best check to Calyrex completely running away with the game, so the rest of the team is made with chipping or KOing NDM and Zacian in mind. The only other relevant Ice resistances are Kyogre (OHKO'd by Seed Bomb) and tera Zygarde, which is very dependent on good foresight and play to beat. Calyrex's phenomenal natural bulk means it can survive almost any common unboosted attack from full, barring high roll lorb Yveltal Dark Pulse, modest Lunala or Eternatus' Meteor Beam, full health max spatk Kyogre Water Spout, high rolls of CB Marshadow Poltergeist, and +1 Zacian Behemoth Blade. However, the 2x Stealth Rock weakness can greatly cut into its ability to take a hit before/during Trick Room, which is what Taunt on Arceus is for. Against stall teams, Calyrex can completely run away with the game on turn 30 if you chip the opposing physical walls and bait out their Tera sufficiently. Calyrex-Ice is incredibly fun to use and performs very consistently game-to-game. Deserves B+ or even A- on the VR; it's way better than Zekrom, Palkia-Origin, Rayquaza, and even Mega Mewtwo Y imo.
Necrozma-Dusk Mane: The other trick room setter on this team. Steel/Psychic/Ground has perfect neutral coverage in the tier (as long as Celesteela isn't meta) and Necrozma also does a great job at getting Trick Room up and wallbreaking under it. One very common opposing mon to set up Trick Room against is post-Geomancy Xerneas. The only Xerneas set that can cleanly OHKO 248hp NDM is Tera Fighting Focus Blast (which I've never seen), so you have a 30% chance of surviving regardless. Getting TR up against Xerneas lets you revenge kill with Sunsteel Strike/Earthquake (depending on tera) or chip it and take the free switch into Calyrex, which will get the KO with Lance when it switches in and probably take another 1-3 KOs after that. NDM has 4 weaknesses to proc Policy: Dark, Ghost, Fire, and Ground. I never have this out against opposing Ho-Oh (even if they're taunted into Sacred Fire) because the 50% burn chance is so detrimental. The 30% flinch chance to Yveltal Dark Pulse is a death sentence, so I don't risk that either. Marshadow is a good setup opportunity, as are Lunala, Zygarde, Eternatus, Zacian, Mewtwo, and Deoxys. Tera Ground lets it hit ranges on opposing NDM, Groudon, Zacian, and tera Steel Xerneas (NDM needs a Weakness Policy attack boost or Tera to be OHKO them with Earthquake). However, even with the Weakness Policy boost, NDM can sometimes be starving for power against targets like Ho-Oh, Groudon, opposing NDM, Zygarde, and Arceus forms that can't be hit supereffectively (namely Dark and Normal). Chipping them before trying to sweep under Trick Room can be essential, which is best done by...
Yveltal, who acts as the glue mon and midgame progress maker for the team. I struggled to describe what it does for the team before watching the saved replays I have, but I'd say Yveltal's main purpose is as a midgame progress maker that's good at scaring out passive mons and sneakily threatening faster offensive pieces in situations where the opponent doesn't expect Yveltal to be scarf. Modest with no item to boost attack definitely can feel like it's starving for power, but it still hits valuable ranges like 2HKOing all but bulkiest Primal Groudon sets. Chipping Groudon, Arceus, or Zygarde with Oblivion Wing or Dark Pulse can be the difference between a Xerneas/Calyrex/Necrozma sweep being a success or failure. Knocking boots off Ho-Oh to ensure it takes Stealth Rock damage can accomplish the same thing. Yveltal is definitely the most finicky member of the team, owing to how it gives Xerneas free setup on the switchin and is also setup fodder for Zacian. Yveltal being able to outspeed and OHKO Marshadow is very valuable, as well as its ability to do lots of damage against Eternatus and Ho-Oh 1v1. Yveltal also does very well against Ultra Necrozma, which needs Stone Edge to prevent being revenged killed. U-Turn is okay at scouting switches early game, but it's definitely the move I click least with Yveltal. I've been considering replacing it with Heat Wave to have an actual move to hit Zacian with. I don't think I've clicked tera Dark more than once, mostly because Calyrex, Xerneas, and Necrozma have much better things to do comparatively with their tera and Yveltal getting KO'd can offer a free switch into one of them.
Xerneas: Initially I had a bulky CM Kyogre in this team slot. I think that the main reason I swapped it out for a standard geomancy Xerneas set was for the extra dark resistance and to have a more reliable Zygarde check. 188 speed EVs speed creeps other Xerneas who commonly run 184, with the rest uncreatively in bulk and spatk with a modest nature. Tera Electric's main benefits are the paralysis immunity, steel resistance, and STAB boost to Thunderbolt, allowing a clean OHKO on Ho-Oh at +2. Grass Knot is the strongest move Xerneas has to hit Groudon that isn't HP Ground (terrible base power against anything not supereffective) or Focus Blast (the worst move in the game). It also hits better ranges on Groudon, Arceus-Ground/Water, bulky Kyogre, and Tera Water Zygarde than Moonblast or non-Tera Thunderbolt. I hate running inaccurate moves on setup sweepers, especially on such a fast-paced volatile team. I mostly save Xerneas exclusively for late game, but sometimes throw out Moonblasts midgame to chip steel types, bait out special walls, or attempt to grab a KO on an Yveltal staying in. Tera Grass Ho-Oh obviously blunts a Xerneas sweep with Whirlwind, but forcing that effectively prevents Ho-Oh from halting a Calyrex sweep if it's able to get Trick Room up safely later.

Team Weaknesses
-Complete lack of priority
-Only one Normal resist
-Only fast Pokemon is choice locked and can't touch Zacian
-Weak to hazard stack: no hazard removal, 4/6 team members are susceptible to Toxic Spikes, 2 rock weaknesses, only one spikes immunity
-Every once in a while I find myself having to make some play that's entirely dependent on a hard read of what my opponent's set is. For example, Taunt/Will O Wisp Arceus can completely neuter a Trick Room sweep, but I might have no choice other than to go for it and hope that my opponent isn't running that set. I lost once to x-scissor ultra necrozma KOing half health calyrex as I was setting up trick room and haven't mentally recovered from that
-Opposing Kyogre is very scary until it's chipped/its set is revealed
-Weak to Ultra Necrozma if they run Dragon Dance/Earthquake/Photon Geyser/Sunsteel Strike and Yveltal/NDM have already been heavily chipped or KO'd

Replays
nickname explanations
i know nothing about ultrakill this is just to try and trick people into thinking it's u-nec
King Crimson is one of my favorite bands and on high ladder I've seen at least two people with king crimson related usernames, most notably discipline global who's currently 4th
BKC is the funniest and most intelligent man alive intentionally or unintentionally and I like naming specifically arceus after him
I came up with Calyrex's nickname first and just decided to name Yveltal after the other Talking Heads song I like
floober is the infamous nickname for z-geomancy xerneas and hopefully this can trick at least one person in-game into thinking that I'm running that
after coming up with the name ultrakill for Necrozma it made me think of Psycho Killer for Calyrex because this thing does murder quite a lot
Thank you for reading this if you got to the very end. I hope you have fun with the team if you decide to use it and/or that this writeup was informative and entertaining.

First, my proudest creation: https://pokepast.es/420c2da95ff25f97
It's a Trick Room Team with an Eternatus in it. I've used it to defeat extremely skilled opponents on the ladder, including consistent ones like 09-10a.

Melmetal can defeat most Primal Groudon sets in Trick Room with one flinch with Double Iron Bash and then a Tectonic Rage. It also defeats Ho-Oh with one flinch and then either a Rock Slide or a Self-Destruct. Self-Destruct can also be used to prevent Melmetal from being setup fodder for Zygarde.

Hatterene is armed with Psychic Noise and Wonder Room. Psychic Noise can be used aggressively against an opposing Glimmora lead, and Wonder Room allows frequent Trick Room Wallers like Necrozma-Dusk-Mane to have an extremely hard time against physical attackers that they'd normally wall, such as Melmetal. Healing Wish lets Hatterene faint while granting a secure restoration of health to another team member.

Primal Groudon is a special attacker in this case that can absolutely tear through Arceus-Formes with ease by spamming a STAB Eruption in the Harsh Sunlight. Earth Power can be used to hit opposing Primal Groudons or steel types when Eruption's base power is too low or if there's a threat of a potential Primal Kyogre switch-in, and Solar Beam can obliterate many water types that try to wall Primal Groudon. Ancient Power is a nice little gimmick that can hit Ho-Oh for at least 55% of its health and force it out while potentially getting that nasty 1.5x to all stats, which has happened before. Stone Edge can easily miss, and with the current EVs, may not even OHKO the Ho-Oh.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane can often run Earthquake over Photon Geyser to deal with opposing Necrozma-Dusk-Manes or Primal Groudons, or it can run Stone Edge and Earthquake if the teams on the ladder seem really inclined to utilize Ho-Oh defensively. It is set to have max defense because it needs to be able to set up the Trick Room in the face of threats like Zacian-Crowned, and you can use Mind Games to Tera Grass just to get that Trick Room set up for your other sweepers to come and dominate. Swords Dance is crucial to preventing naturally defensive Pokémon from easily walling Necrozma, as once it gets to 2x, it becomes a serious threat.

Calyrex-Ice with Tera Water and Heavy Duty Boots can serve as both a wall and a wall-breaker. Curse allows it to become a literal Tank and Attacker simultaneously, kind of like when Zygarde-C uses Coil, so you can almost see it as a Trick Room version of Zygarde. It can also tank a hit from most Pokémon, even surviving a Life Orb-boosted Dark Pulse from a Yveltal (Although not if it's Terastallized), and can safely set up Trick Room. Often, it will be the Pokémon that receives the Healing Wish due to how flexibly it can be used. Glacial Lance is literally Calyrex-Shadow's Astral Barrage, but only stronger and with less frequent checks. High Horsepower super effectively hits basically everything that resists Glacial Lance, and with a 1.5x Attack Boost from Curse, can overwhelm physically defensive Pokémon like Primal Groudon or Necrozma-Dusk-Mane.

Finally, Eternatus is probably the most sophisticated Pokémon on the team. It serves as the team's primary wall to Yveltal, as it's EV'd in such a way that it outspeeds Yveltal and has enough HP and special bulk to tank Dark Pulse and Oblivion Wing with ease. If necessary, you can Terastallize it to a Dark Typing to survive hits from especially powerful Dark Pulse moves from an opposing Yveltal. Eternatus also helps remove Toxic Spikes that may have been set up by an opposing Glimmora and can safely switch-in to Pokémon like Marshadow to set up Toxic Spikes of its own. (Well, assuming that Marshadow doesn't have a Life Orb or Choice Band-boosted Poltergeist or whatever). Furthermore, this Pokémon serves as the team's only possible way of fighting toxic Stall Teams. You can swap Hatterene into a Ditto that copies your Eternatus because everything won't work on the Hatterene. Oh, and many of the Pokémon have been nicknamed Kengan Ashura moves.

Here's one game I've played recently: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexubers-2072171365

Additional Games:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexubers-2072467913
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexubers-2072464203 (Against Another Trick Room Team)

Last edited:

Link: https://pokepast.es/29576b1f28380dba

Since a lot of people run Trick Room on the ladder, I developed the perfect team to counter it. When I see someone with a high ELO running Trick Room, I can immediately ladder with this team once the game is over to get a cheap victory. The methods are simple.

Defensive Necrozma-Dusk-Mane can wall Melmetal and Calyrex-Ice. If it can't, Marshadow can come in to wreak havoc once Trick Room ends. Alternatively, you can use Zygarde for some rather nasty strategies.

You can trap physical attackers with Tera Water Zygarde via Thousand Waves, then start spamming coil. It's very easy to do this on Trick Room teams because they simply can't afford to waste time maneuvering around Zygarde. You can periodically use Scale Shot to boost your Speed before Coiling to Max Attack or use Rest to safely recover all your health.

Kyurem-White is on the team for solely one purpose, which is to completely counter Primal Kyogre. Water Spout? Roost. Calm Mind? Noble Roar + Toxic. It tries to stall you? Freeze Dry, Roost, Noble Roar, and Toxic.

Arceus-Ground can use Will-o-Wisp to cripple physical attackers and render them useless. It has maximum defense to serve as a wall, both for against Trick Room's top physical threats and the common Primal Groudon we all encounter on the ladder.

Yveltal can help deal some damage to Pokémon that try to switch in and out, particularly with Knock Off. It's there for other reasons, though, and I didn't really put it there to counter Trick Room specifically but to deal with some other threats on the ladder. However, I think that you should only use this team when fighting specifically Trick Room because of how niche it is.

If you want to see how thoroughly this team can destroy Trick Room, check these replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexubers-2064280912
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexubers-2054682580-kxcchlu10f9dcnqocq7qs4tb5dxdi85pw
(I changed the Marshadow set on this one, but yeah)

Last edited:

Finally, I'd like to introduce one of my favorite teams to use. Someone named "discipline global" really doesn't like me when I use it, though, since he likes to run Stall Teams. That's right. This specific team is designed to take down Stall.

Link: https://pokepast.es/dd66c61e2a71e9c7

If you're a skilled player, this team should be easy to use against Stall Teams on the ladder. One of the strongest aspects of this team centers around a Primal Kyogre with the move "Block," which is an incredibly useful move against Chansey. You can use Rest to PP stall Chansey's Seismic Toss, and a great tip is to swap Eternatus into Chansey's Confides or Seismic Tosses to drain Chansey's ability to fully wall Kyogre.

Arceus-Dark can use Whirlpool and Perish Song, along with a Poison Tera Typing to avoid taking damage from Toxic, fundamentally eliminating anything without access to whirlwind or roar. It's a devastating avalanche of pressure you can overload on a simple Stall Team.

Zygarde's Thousand Waves set is a massive threat that constantly forces Stall Teams to switch into Giratina, Ho-Oh, or some other Ghost type. The plethora of switches means you can heavily exploit these switches for extra chip damage, as Rest only has 8 PP.

Ho-Oh does what it's meant to do; defogging and phasing sweepers like Xerneas. I always like to Tera Grass when facing Xerneas because they usually go for Thunder or Thunderbolt, and even if they use Moonblast, Ho-Oh will probably survive the hit anyway.

Examples:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexubers-2059134774-ud5oaqk52trao1vlnp3g9jee6xdq6c2pw (vs Stall)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexubers-2069291208-9nlddtii5bleci9pfuywkscrxmoefnypw (vs 09-10a)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexubers-2069300649-minru8mo20xjc28q0hq066r0wj96izjpw (vs Stall)

Team Link: https://pokepast.es/a767534aa50869ed

I'd like to now introduce a team that is one of those bizarre teams on the ladder that you can very easily lose to. In some cases, it can overwhelm stall completely, including teams that use aggressive Pokémon like Choice Band Ho-Oh.

The Arceus is equipped with a Flame Orb to prevent it from being statused with anything else, and it has the standard move Recover to heal itself when necessary. More importantly, the Arceus can trick its flame orb with another Pokémon, dealing devastating damage to Pokémon like Ho-oh that rely exclusively on their items. It can also be used to cripple opposing physical attackers. Facade has 140 base power from the Arceus' status, and this is high enough to actually threaten Dodonzo, especially if you manage to trick the Arceus' flame orb onto it to prevent leftovers recovery. Using Tera Normal may be better in this case because you can pretty much deal over 40% of its damage with a single Facade while negating it from recovering sufficiently, as Rest requires four turns to be optimal when you can kill it in three.

Ditto is used as a counter-measure against powerful Hyper Offensive teams who don't prepare for their strongest sweeper to be used against themselves. For example, if I've taken out the opponent's Primal Groudon and he's already used Tera on something else, I can do cool things like letting one of my Pokémon die to a Zacian-Crowned to ditto it and then kill his whole team. I think it's a good rule of thumb to run Tera Ghost on Ditto in case you end up in an Extreme Speed matchup, and to give it 0 happiness as you may end up transforming into a Mega Salamence with Frustration. I've noticed a lot of overconfident Mega Salamence users who let me Ditto their Pokémon and suddenly get swept with a boosted Frustration.

Zygarde can be used as the cancerous Thousand Waves trapper. Most people know how to play around this by now and will always swap in Ho-Oh or some kind of flying type Pokémon into the battle. At this point, you could legitimately peak the ladder just by running Stone Edge on Zygarde and defeating every single team that relies on Ho-Oh. That's how much you can anticipate the move at this point. But I won't do that.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane is probably the most reliable wall in the Metagame due to its ability to tank multiple hits from a Tera Steel Melmetal, and although Tera Water Zygarde does it better, Necrozma can wall a variety of threats while threatening to set up Stealth Rock and crippling opposing Pokémon with moves like Toxic and Thunder Wave.

Eternatus is used as one of those extremely annoying Pokémon that can set up just one toxic spikes and simply win games. I'm not just saying that, either. There's more than just a few teams that lose to Toxic Spikes alone, as in the chip damage hits all of their Pokémon one way or another. Dragon Tail can be used to phase things like Calm Mind Arceus-Formes, and when they switch in again, they'll get poisoned and then phased again, which is just going to be a cold shower. It also doesn't help with Eternatus can play aggressively if necessary, dealing at least 50% of Primal Groudon's health with a single Dynamax Cannon with the given EVs. It's also the Team's check to Yveltal as it has max Special Defense and a speed stat just barely higher than a Yveltal with Maximum Speed, but Choice Specs Yveltal is a huge pain. Just hope you don't go against Choice Specs Yveltal, I suppose.

Two Cool Sets: Tera Poison Stallkiller Darkceus + Tera Fire Ingrain Xerneas
1710262574103.png

I'm sure other people have run this Arceus-Dark set before, but I thought it up independently for my own teams. It doubles as a Xerneas check as well as a midgame progress maker/defensive piece against stall, HO, and balance. Against Xerneas, you usually tera and click Calm Mind when they use Geomancy, and afterward they cannot break you unless they have Psyshock (+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Tera Poison Arceus-Dark: 129-153 (29 - 34.4%) -- 3.7% chance to 3HKO). Afterward, it's just a matter of racking up Toxic damage (or repeatedly using Judgment if they tera Steel) and clicking Recover until Xerneas drops. Without needing to Tera, +1 or even neutral Judgment still chunks Groudon, Necrozma + other Psychic types, Zygarde, Dondozo, other Arceus, Salamence, Rayquaza, and even Yveltal (although lorb + Taunt can give it some issues). Against Marshadow, Ho-Oh, and Eternatus, tera Poison lets Arceus set up (by taking a resisted Low Kick or absorbing Toxic) or take a KO if they're chipped enough. I started running this with a Glimmora HO team, and the benefit of having a second Toxic Spikes absorber can be massive. This is one of the most consistent sets for any Pokemon I've ever used. However, it suffers from the weaknesses that Poison gives it after Tera (namely Ground and Psychic) and complete inability to touch Zacian (although they might not attempt to set up on you before the set is revealed out of fear of Will O'Wisp).

I only have one saved replay with this set; neither it nor the teams I use it on are very flashy so I don't feel the urge to save the games I play with it. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexubers-2079325364-0dl9m1nfrz4gakmgbucvcdv06fcgil7pw

I thought of this Xerneas set when I really just felt like doing something unconventional/creative. I haven't played enough games to know if this is good yet, but I think it has some merit. The main crux of this set is setting up on Ho-Oh/Zacian/NDM with Tera Fire's resistances to Fire and Steel (while also helping in the Xerneas ditto and against Ditto). Against Ho-Oh, it's good to identify their set early on (so deciding on Ingrain vs. Substitute isn't a 50/50 for if they click Whirlwind vs. Toxic). Tera Fire also has utility against Groudon if you're already set up but haven't tera'd, because good Groudon players will always use Heat Crash instead of blades because of the accuracy and power difference. Uninvested Sacred Fire will never come close to breaking Substitute, but even max HP + Bold max defense can't make Primal Groudon Heat Crash consistently do less than substitute. 56 HP EVs brings Xern to 407 HP, the 4x-1 value that also means Seismic Toss can't break Substitutes. This set hypothetically beats Chansey/Blissey that don't have Confide, with Ingrain + Substitute providing the healing required to sub repeatedly and get multiple Geomancy boosts. If you're really crazy you can try running Leftovers instead of Power Herb. I think this set has a lot of potential to make Xerneas even more insufferable in the meta than it already is

Runo

I get imposter syndrome from playing mons!!!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I just won a rather large ND Ubers discord money tour in Freezai's Discord server that went on for months and wanted to share some of the teams I used. Some of them predate the Koraidon ban and the Tera Primals but have been updated to accomate the meta better, others are far newer and more meant for tournament prep but they 100% hold their out outside of those matchups.
:Zygarde::Ho-Oh::Groudon-Primal::Kyogre-Primal::Zacian-Crowned::Yveltal:Trapper Zygarde Sample
:Shuckle::Arceus::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Xerneas::Groudon-Primal::Rayquaza: Webs HO RMT
:Kyogre-Primal::Groudon-Primal::Yveltal::Ferrothorn::Ditto::Deoxys-Attack:FerroDitto Balance + Deo-A fun
:Kingambit::Groudon-Primal::Ho-Oh::Giratina-Origin::Ditto::Kyogre-Primal:Kingambit owns NDM
:Gothitelle::Kyogre-Primal::Zacian-Crowned::Yveltal::Groudon-Primal::Arceus-Fairy:STag + Swordfish
:Arceus-Ghost::Yveltal::Zygarde::Zacian-Crowned::Ho-Oh::Groudon-Primal:DD Taunt Arceus-Ghost
:Arceus::Xerneas::Deoxys-Speed::Kyurem-Black::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Groudon-Primal:Stallbreaker Kyurem-Black HO
:Groudon-Primal::Zacian-Crowned::Gothitelle::Ho-Oh::Kyogre-Primal::Arceus-Grass:STag + Swordfish + Arc-Grass compression

Below are still good teams but are just unused in tours. They're mainly just for when I just wanted to mess around with a particular core or idea that i thought could be potent.
:Yveltal::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Ho-Oh::Groudon-Primal::Arceus::Marshadow:E-Killer + Marshadow
:Yveltal::Zacian-Crowned::Groudon-Primal::Deoxys-Attack::Arceus-Fairy::Ho-Oh:The 1st BO Ever?
:Grimmsnarl::Salamence-Mega::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Groudon-Primal::Arceus::Xerneas:Mega Salamence Screens
:Yveltal::Alomomola::Groudon-Primal::Ho-Oh::Zacian-Crowned::Lunala:LOrb Yveltal + Alomomola
:Yveltal::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Groudon-Primal::Zygarde::Arceus-Fairy::Ho-Oh:SD Ultra-Necrozma + Offensive Ho-oh

Below are some more unserious teams that I just use for messing around but they can still have good use in some matchups and have outs against the rest of the tier.
:Scizor-Mega::Palkia-Origin::Groudon-Primal::Ho-Oh::Marshadow::Zygarde:SD Scizor + Palkia-O
:Shaymin-Sky::Eternatus::Groudon-Primal::Ho-Oh::Marshadow::Arceus-Dark:Sub Shaymin + Tkiller Eternatus
:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Yveltal::Groudon-Primal::Ho-Oh::Arceus-Grass::Lopunny-Mega:Arc-Grass + Mega Lopunny Weirdness
:Chansey::Giratina::Ho-Oh::Dondozo::Arceus-Fairy::Skarmory:Arc-Fairy + Skarmory Stall
:Grimmsnarl::Groudon-Primal::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Gyarados-Mega::Xerneas::Eternatus:Mega Gyarados HO
:Melmetal::Cresselia::Hatterene::Calyrex-Ice::Groudon-Primal::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:Trick Room
:Arceus::Diancie-Mega::Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::Ho-Oh::Groudon-Primal::Pheromosa:3 Mons below B on the VR

Closing thoughts
:Basculegion: Broken
:Yveltal: Broken
:Zygarde: Broken
:Zacian-Crowned: Broken
:Deoxys-Attack: Broken
:Gothitelle: Broken
:Tera: Broken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)