Projects National Dex RU Team Bazaar

Runo

I get imposter syndrome from playing mons!!!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
op stolen from Lupla's NDUU Team Bazaar post
:sv/Scizor::sv/Latias:
National Dex RU Team Bazaar

Welcome to the National Dex RU Team Bazaar! A place where you can post your cool teams in a more casual environment than the usual RMT and have people get teams when first playing the metagame.

Rules:
  1. Playtest your teams before you put them up. Allowing us to get a more polished product in which people are able to make good use out of and get advice.
  2. Please provide an importable of the team and give a brief but thorough description of the team.
  3. Sample Teams Submissions can be posted and if you're doing it then be sure that you have a good description alongside it and m.
  4. Do not rate teams in this thread, you can do it in our Discord Server instead if you desire.
  5. Have Fun!

THE LADDER IS DEAD AND TIER SHIFTS HAVE ARRIVED
But with it comes a chance to show off a team I'm decently proud of that should still work in the new meta, and a small nomination for the VR. With that all being said let me introduce you all to Cofagrigus Balance. The team peaked #10 on the ladder and even with the new TTar / Pecharunt meta I think it can still put in some work!

1709411949796.png

Sandy Shocks @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 44 HP / 208 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

I knew when trying out the meta I wanted to try something hazard stack-y, and for that I chose shocks. Probably the best dual hazard user in the tier, Shocks with a booster energy allows for fast hazards, revenge killing, and pivoting all in one slot. It compresses enough roles that the rest of the team can get away with running better utility moves. I like keeping it around as even without a booster it hits a great speed tier, 1 point above 100.

1709412011715.png

Cyclizar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor

Knowing I wanted to keep hazards off my side for whatever offensive threats I chose I knew I needed a spinner rather than a defogger. Of the three or so good spinners in the tier I went with the most relevant one, Cyclizar. Another pivot, Cyclizar keeps hazards off and helps the team be even faster, it used to revenge non-scarf hydreigon but now its just a really decent spinner. Regenerator keeps it around for a while and knock always makes progress for Shocks hazards.

1709412032680.jpeg

Arcanine-Hisui @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat

The wall-breaker ever. Arcanine is pretty straightforward to use here: Use one of many pivots to get it in on a switch and blow up the opposing team. Between Head Smash and Flare Blitz most of the tier gets 2hko, and extreme speed priority with band is always nice to have (has like a 90 percent chance of ohko-ing Mega Beedrill which is nice too).

1709411828062.jpeg

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam / Knock Off / Hidden Power Grass
- Flip Turn
- Roost

Having a dedicated spa and atk wall on teams like this is always nice and SpD Empoleon is extremely hard to break now that its been blessed with roost. Competive gives it some offensive utility too, it acts as a great defog punisher and knock keeps momentum on your end. I sometimes ran it with Ice Beam for Hydreigon, and now that Mega-Alt is being tested its a great tool to punish that too. As for Pecharunt, it realistically can't hit this thing, and parting shot sets are only discouraged with the threat of a boosted Emp Surf. I've also seen seismetoad as a big issue, as Emp is completely countered by it. Running Hidden Power Grass in that slot could be an interesting adaptation to it.

1709412063398.jpeg

Tapu Bulu @ Rockium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 220 HP / 144 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

When I build I try to stick closely to the type cores. Usually leads to much stronger teams in the end, Bulu completed two while helping to make the teams offenses alot scarier. +2 Rockium breaks through everything close combat and hornleech can't, while grassy surge fixes the teams overall earthquake weakness. Nothing special here just really solid utility for an offensive threat.

1709411874055.jpeg

Cofagrigus @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Pain Split
- Hex / Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes / Haze

The final member of the team. I still needed a defensive wall and a spin blocker, and couldn't find anything like that on the VR. Which (after alot of testing) is why I'm nominating Cofagrigus to atleast be listed as an option. (Like why does froslass get a spot but not this guy) Anyway Cof serves two purposes in any given game: Cripple Offensive threats with wisp (Mega Bee, Mega Aggron, Mienshao, Scizor*, TTar*, etc.) and spinblock. Now like I said before I really do think that the only relevant spinners in the tier are starmie, cyclizar, and donphan. All of whom do not appreciate a cofagrigus switch. Cyc and Don will look to knock its item, colbur keeps that from being an issue and allows them both to be statused. Don gets wisped and Cyclizar has regenerator taken away from it dealing with its longevity, while instead Starmie has to deal with a super effective hex or night shade and is threatened to switch out. Low hp actively helps it as most bulky mons don't want to be pain split on any given switch, something like a blissey is taken down to 60 while you recover back up to 100. T-Spikes rip through unprepared teams and just add more hazard pressure overall. If I had to place it on the VR it would probably be C, but as a niche option I think it works well. *Scizor was banned and TTar is sort of a stretch but I still think this mon can beat it. Can't switch into it obviously but as a lure for any would be pursuit tars it works really well. In that situation the game is more about preserving your colbur for the right time to burn the ttar than allowing it to get knocked.

Anyway thats the team, if samples are ever updated consider this a submission for them too! The gameplan of laying out hazards and switching to whatever relevant counter is pretty simple and definatley helped me learn the tier!

Attachments

s7a

they’re just folds in her dress
is a Tiering Contributor
Now that drops have made most of what I had outdated, I’ll post this team I found interesting and I had nice success with in various tours.

:cresselia: :staraptor: :sharpedo-mega: :tinkaton: :zygarde_10%: :thundurus:
https://pokepast.es/edcc5ce724833e5a
I wanted to make a team that valued Cresselia’s strength as a Calm Mind sweeper with its massive bulk and I found that the best way to make it a reliable strategy was pairing it with some suicide options. Energy Ball is chosen over Moonblast to drop Swampert before it can get a Toxic on me, EVs to still be faster than Adamant Crawdaunt as Energy Ball will plow it down anyway.

Scarf Final Gambit Staraptor can pretty much remove any one Pokémon from the game, I opted for Intimidate over Reckless for when that does not happen as it can facilitate giving a turn to Zydog to get a DD up and win. Return over Double-Edge to revenge kill something without losing important HP for Final Gambit. No Flying STAB because honestly, it’s either Brave Bird or nothing.

Still, despite being fast this Staraptor set doesn’t particularly hit hard because of its lack of Attack investment and low power STABs. For this very reason there’s another fast and hard hitting option in Sharpedo-Mega who has Speed Boost prior to mega evolving.

Sharpedo can often be good in endgames but the fact it has only space for its STABs leaves it walled at times, which is why I opted for Destiny Bond to remove another Pokémon from the game and get closer to a win with my setup mons.

Tinkaton is amazing here due to its ability to get up rocks and give me an easier time vs bulky setup from Suicune (EV’d to be faster than it), Reuniclus and other threats alike. Pickpocket + Balloon allows me to steal an opposing mon’s item, this can be surprisingly useful as Mienshao and especially Flygon’s U-turn usually end up being clicked and giving me a free new item.

Zygarde-10% is really hard to setup even with the tools this team has, but when you get it going there’s no way to stop it. Dragonium Z Outrage hits the few things that can take Thousand Arrows extremely hard and Iron Tail rounds up the coverage by smashing Ninetales-Alola. Faster than Mienshao with some bulk investment to hopefully live some moves.

My last mon is Thundurus, I know this set sucks, it’s a necessary evil because hazard removal is needed and Prankster T-Wave is too good to pass up on. So I’m left with Ice + Electric, which hits like a wet noodle with my EV allocation but this team requires something to stop Scarf Mienshao and other fast threats whose items cannot always be stolen. Defensive investment required to live Triple Axel from Mienshao.

vs. Balance - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexru-2086332860?p2
vs. Hail - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexru-2093114521-30we880ma3ve0mgmw50si5svvytaq48pw

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)