[National Dex] PEAK #1 - Arbok's Vengeance

This is my first RMT after many years. Previous one was based on toxapex band: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/top-1-toxaband-revolution-peaked-2103.3641879/

Now is based in Arbok.

#1 AND WIN STREAK PROOFS
Importable: https://pokepast.es/ec98e63a1ea9e8fa

1695948091106.png
1695948124984.png

¿Why Arbok? I thought Arbok is a forgotten mon and needed some love, so i picked it and build a team around it, and resulted to be actually pretty useful!

I wont lie saying Arbok is a silver bullet, but it does its job very well. So... Let's deep into the details!

1695948431948.png

Arbok:
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252+ Def / 4 SpD
Moves: Switcheroo / Toxic / Substitute Protect

Arbok fulfills many roles in this team, and the way you will use it will change depending of the team you are facing. (I know this sound obvious but i'll deepen in a while).
Arbok can be used in two main modes:

1. Aggressive Stalling: Arbok can do serious damage to all non-poison / non-substitute pokemon. The ones that dares to try to attack him will get poisoned, and Steel Types like Heatran, Corviknight, Ferrothorn, etc... Will also be easy prey to him. Receiving Black Sludge is a death sentence, it can be even more annonying than poison itself. In order to reach the "Arbok Climax", you must be able to press your opponent on letting u substitute. This is not so hard, as Intimidate or Poison will force a switch very often.

You can see an example of this on this battle: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1954871635
In turn one, he sent Kartana.
I used Protect to try to scout for Knock Off, as KnockOff wasnt coming, Switcheroo was the way to go.
Now he was in an issue, having no Poison type implied that any of his mons will end up either poisoned or with Black Sludge.
He sacrificed his Pelipper who lost the ability of setup long rain while it got Black Sludge

Another Example can be seen at: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1954921789-9atrmwrvlmcg415tnssntlq89yer2dnpw
Where a Lead Arbok managed to poison a Slowbro and Switcheroo a burned Ursaluna.

Put attention and how the arbok pivots with Sub Protect in order to keep the momentum.

2. Intimidate Pivot: Arbok's Intimidate ability in combination with Alomomola's Flip Turn is a headache for all physical sweepers. You just need to drop it after flip turn and get alomomola back. Unless your opponent is a Booster Sweeper, this will force him to switch, giving u back the momentum.

Rillaboom's moves are nothing against him, It can resist very well 1 baxcalibur shot while you negate it with switcheroo or poison. Just switch in and switch out to mola, and the sweeper will be unable to do serious damage. If the mon is poisoned or black-sludge, that's just death.

Use with wisdom this two modes, and your arbok will make a hole into your opponent's team.

1695950457018.png

Landorus-Therian
Item: Choice Scarf
Tera: Ground
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe+
Moves: Earthquake / U-Turn / Stealth Rock / Stone Edge

Landorus therian is the 2nd and main intimidate pivot. In a good battle it will go and come, u-flip-turning with alomomola in an intimidate defense dance. Your opponent physical sweepers will have no other choice than switching to an special attacker. The Tera is Ground, so you can get extra power if you need to sweep at the end of the battle. Just u-turn -> Mola ->Flip-Turn Lando. This is a safe way to keep ur momentum.

Stone edge is because Gholdengo flying ate my team once, so i wanted to have something in case of emergency. But Knock Off is also good, or maybe defog if you are being pressed a lot by Gholdengo and Spikes.

1695951043878.png

Gliscor
Ability: Poison Heal
Item: Toxic Orb
Tera: Ground (Any suggestions?)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD+
Moves: Defog / Toxic / Earthquake / Protect

With Alomomola and two intimidates, we don't need another physical wall, so, here it is our first special Wall. It can prevent Tapu Lele from sweeping. Its a good defogger because it presses Gholdengo to switch out. It can resist almost any HP ice, and in general its a solid defogger. It also takes advantage of the flip-turn nature of the team, letting it switch and heal in many situations where an special attacker is sent out after an Intimi-Turn chain.

1695951377845.png

Alomomola
Ability: Regenerator
Stats: 252 HP / 252 Def + / 4 SpD / -Spe
IVs: 0 Spe
Tera: Dragon
Moves: Toxic / Flip Turn / Wish / Protect

Before the DLC Alomomola was my favorite healer, it had access to mirror coat and regenerates on switch, reducing the risk of healing ur opponent.
After the DLC, my baby received a buff that made it the perfect Healer & Physical Pivot.

It will absorb most physical hits, and it will give you a safe switch in with 0 damage to almost any mon of the team. Having access to wish and an slow flip-turn, will let you heal your almost-dead mons with minimum risk.

Anyways most of the time, just flip turning will be more than enough to fulfill its role. Just Flip turn, flip turn, flip turn! TeraType is dragon so no Ogerpon will kill you, just tera against him and after it's poisoned just flip turn to Landorus, then u-turn back to mola, and do it until your opponent is dead :) (Or switches)

1695951776987.png

Toxapex
Item: Assault Vest
Tera: Poison
Moves: Knock Off / Scald / Acid Spray / Sludge Bomb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD +

Assault Vest toxapex is the main special wall of the team, with 528 spdef, it can resist Nasty Plot shadow balls of gholdengo receiving only 34% of dmg.
You can use it against almost anything that hits in the special side. Gholdengo with air balloon could be an issue to the team, but not in his guard. It will destroy the balloon and then you can safely switch to Clodsire if your opponent insists on plotting. Acid Spray is good against certain boosters, like Dondozo or Sinistcha, or even Gholdengo Tera Water.

1695952164046.png

Clodsire
Ability: Unaware
Item: Leftovers
Tera: Water
Moves: Toxic Spikes / Earthquake / Poison Jab / Recover
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD +

This mon requires no explanation, throw it agains special pivots like zapdos or special boosters like volcarona, or nasty plotters. It's also a good idea to put Counter on it, so you can safely counter physical boosters if things go bad. But i like Toxic Spikes sets. Poison jab is because Gholdengo's can be a big deal, so if they tera into flying or Water or something weird, we can at least poison him.

And this is the team! Feel free to use it, or if u feel brave, go to ladder with it!

Attachments

Last edited:
This is my first RMT after many years. Previous one was based on toxapex band: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/top-1-toxaband-revolution-peaked-2103.3641879/

Now is based in Arbok.

#1 AND WIN STREAK PROOFS
Importable: https://pokepast.es/ec98e63a1ea9e8fa

View attachment 556067View attachment 556068

¿Why Arbok? I thought Arbok is a forgotten mon and needed some love, so i picked it and build a team around it, and resulted to be actually pretty useful!

I wont lie saying Arbok is a silver bullet, but it does its job very well. So... Let's deep into the details!

View attachment 556070
Arbok:
Item: Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252+ Def / 4 SpD
Moves: Switcheroo / Toxic / Substitute Protect

Arbok fulfills many roles in this team, and the way you will use it will change depending of the team you are facing. (I know this sound obvious but i'll deepen in a while).
Arbok can be used in two main modes:

1. Aggressive Stalling: Arbok can do serious damage to all non-poison / non-substitute pokemon. The ones that dares to try to attack him will get poisoned, and Steel Types like Heatran, Corviknight, Ferrothorn, etc... Will also be easy prey to him. Receiving Black Sludge is a death sentence, it can be even more annonying than poison itself. In order to reach the "Arbok Climax", you must be able to press your opponent on letting u substitute. This is not so hard, as Intimidate or Poison will force a switch very often.

You can see an example of this on this battle: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1954871635
In turn one, he sent Kartana.
I used Protect to try to scout for Knock Off, as KnockOff wasnt coming, Switcheroo was the way to go.
Now he was in an issue, having no Poison type implied that any of his mons will end up either poisoned or with Black Sludge.
He sacrificed his Pelipper who lost the ability of setup long rain while it got Black Sludge

Another Example can be seen at: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1954921789-9atrmwrvlmcg415tnssntlq89yer2dnpw
Where a Lead Arbok managed to poison a Slowbro and Switcheroo a burned Ursaluna.

Put attention and how the arbok pivots with Sub Protect in order to keep the momentum.

2. Intimidate Pivot: Arbok's Intimidate ability in combination with Alomomola's Flip Turn is a headache for all physical sweepers. You just need to drop it after flip turn and get alomomola back. Unless your opponent is a Booster Sweeper, this will force him to switch, giving u back the momentum.

Rillaboom's moves are nothing against him, It can resist very well 1 baxcalibur shot while you negate it with switcheroo or poison. Just switch in and switch out to mola, and the sweeper will be unable to do serious damage. If the mon is poisoned or black-sludge, that's just death.

Use with wisdom this two modes, and your arbok will make a hole into your opponent's team.

View attachment 556080
Landorus-Therian
Item: Choice Scarf
Tera: Ground
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe+
Moves: Earthquake / U-Turn / Stealth Rock / Stone Edge

Landorus therian is the 2nd and main intimidate pivot. In a good battle it will go and come, u-flip-turning with alomomola in an intimidate defense dance. Your opponent physical sweepers will have no other choice than switching to an special attacker. The Tera is Ground, so you can get extra power if you need to sweep at the end of the battle. Just u-turn -> Mola ->Flip-Turn Lando. This is a safe way to keep ur momentum.

Stone edge is because Gholdengo flying ate my team once, so i wanted to have something in case of emergency. But Knock Off is also good, or maybe defog if you are being pressed a lot by Gholdengo and Spikes.

View attachment 556084
Gliscor
Ability: Poison Heal
Item: Toxic Orb
Tera: Ground (Any suggestions?)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD+
Moves: Defog / Toxic / Earthquake / Protect

With Alomomola and two intimidates, we don't need another physical wall, so, here it is our first special Wall. It can prevent Tapu Lele from sweeping. Its a good defogger because it presses Gholdengo to switch out. It can resist almost any HP ice, and in general its a solid defogger. It also takes advantage of the flip-turn nature of the team, letting it switch and heal in many situations where an special attacker is sent out after an Intimi-Turn chain.

View attachment 556085

Alomomola
Stats: 252 HP / 252 Def + / 4 SpD / -Spe
IVs: 0 Spe
Tera: Dragon
Moves: Toxic / Flip Turn / Wish / Protect

Before the DLC Alomomola was my favorite healer, it had access to mirror coat and regenerates on switch, reducing the risk of healing ur opponent.
After the DLC, my baby received a buff that made it the perfect Healer & Physical Pivot.

It will absorb most physical hits, and it will give you a safe switch in with 0 damage to almost any mon of the team. Having access to wish and an slow flip-turn, will let you heal your almost-dead mons with minimum risk.

Anyways most of the time, just flip turning will be more than enough to fulfill its role. Just Flip turn, flip turn, flip turn! TeraType is dragon so no Ogerpon will kill you, just tera against him and after it's poisoned just flip turn to Landorus, then u-turn back to mola, and do it until your opponent is dead :) (Or switches)

View attachment 556087
Toxapex
Item: Assault Vest
Tera: Poison
Moves: Toxic Spikes / Scald / Acid Spray / Sludge Bomb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD +

Assault Vest toxapex is the main special wall of the team, with 528 spdef, it can resist Nasty Plot shadow balls of gholdengo receiving only 34% of dmg.
You can use it against almost anything that hits in the special side. Gholdengo with air balloon could be an issue to the team, but not in his guard. It will destroy the balloon and then you can safely switch to Clodsire if your opponent insists on plotting. Acid Spray is good against certain boosters, like Dondozo or Sinistcha, or even Gholdengo Tera Water.

View attachment 556088
Clodsire
Ability: Unaware
Item: Leftovers
Tera: Water
Moves: Toxic Spikes / Earthquake / Poison Jab / Recover
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD +

This mon requires no explanation, throw it agains special pivots like zapdos or special boosters like volcarona, or nasty plotters. It's also a good idea to put Counter on it, so you can safely counter physical boosters if things go bad. But i like Toxic Spikes sets. Poison jab is because Gholdengo's can be a big deal, so if they tera into flying or Water or something weird, we can at least poison him.

And this is the team! Feel free to use it, or if u feel brave, go to ladder with it!
I really like this team and I'm glad someone was able to do something with arbok(gamefreak plz give it an evo). However I've been meaning to ask. How do you handle tapu lele with this team? I see no switch in against it and you have no dark type mons either.

Good Sir/Madam/else

your pex spread is missing ev's:

Toxapex @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald
- Acid Spray

I really like this team and I'm glad someone was able to do something with arbok(gamefreak plz give it an evo). However I've been meaning to ask. How do you handle tapu lele with this team? I see no switch in against it and you have no dark type mons either.
Depends, when Tapu Lele is poisoned, you will be able to stall it to death. Gliscor can resist its psychic very well and alomomola its psyshock, ill attach a battle against Lele (Even terastalized psychic), so u see my meaning: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldex-1954949431

Watch since turn 24, and if its not scarf you can always send Landorus and Kill It. Of course if it takes u in a bad situation, you will lose a mon.

Terastalizing Clodsy to Water can also wall in the special side

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)