Project National Dex OU Teambuilding Competition - Cycle 44: Latios-Mega

Hi everyone! Also congrats to Dead by Daylight for winning this past week cycle huge W. This cycle will be mega-mawile
Cycle 34: Mega-Mawile
:SV/Mawile-mega:

This cycle will end Friday.​
https://pokepast.es/c70a6de83e7af1c7
:mawile-mega: :rotom wash: :heatran: :Samurott-hisui: :clodsire: :iron valiant:
Mega mawile: just a very standard mega mawile set. Brick break to bypass those pesky screens. Aurora veil this A9
Rotom wash
Nice pivot and defogger. Scarf trick puts an end to set ups. Hydro pump for damage and potentially breaking through physical walls like gagarnacl
Hisuian Samurott
General hazards setup. Encore to sabotage fellow hazards setters
Heatran
Just some special damage. Mega zard y and the like switch in, which can pose a threat to mawile
Clodsire
Panic button in the face of set up sweepers. Toxic stops momentum and haze to wipe the slate clean.
Iron valiant
General mixed attacker. Tera ground over steel because it provides the same resistances to steel and poison. Electric immunity is also nice, since it is a much more common offensive type compared to poison, as well as an option to deal super effective damage to poison.

Last edited:
Hello I’m posting on behalf of Adem
https://pokepast.es/90df8f531b318522
:Mawile-mega::rotom-wash::cinderace::slowking galar::Landorus-therian::Samurott-hisui:

Hi this is a very cool MMaw Spikes build with heavy emphasis on bringing in both HiSamu and MMaw repeatedly throighput the game. MMaw and HiSamu are the main psuedo-dark-spam offensive core for this team, both abusing the spikes to bust through their checks and win with their boosted Sucker Punches. Lando GKing common defensive core, with Lando being Smack Down to further pressure Torn/Skarm based builds as well as force more immediate chip on LandoT (HP Ice is also an option here), with FSight from GKing helping to break. Cinderace’s court change helps if the hazard game is not in your favour and makes the screens matchup much easier, whilst also being a soft check to things like Valiant, Lele, and Volcarona. Scarf Washtom rounds off the team as speed control + an immediete water resists, and can cripple out of control setup
sweepers such as Garganacl or SD Gliscor -Adem

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
RMT Leader

Fatter take on adem's Mawile stack concept, Alomomola keeps both breakers healthy with wish so they can take full advantage of their typings (both have surprising defensive utility) while Tornadus and Meowscarada form a knock off + u-turn core that allows Mawile to run thunder punch to break through its checks more easily.

Trick Room Mega Mawile Team. Hatterene is my lead most of the time to prevent hazards, set Trick Room and get the game going quickly. Can also Tera Fighting to smash Heatran, Mega-Lopunny, Garganacl and Greninja and any dark type that thinks it will scare me out. Also destroys Glimmora leads by going fighting to prevent poison attacks from working, and you can even go Tera Steel if you wanted to block that approach entirely. Porygon 2 is a back up setter with perfect coverage and teleport. And finally Cresselia is the backup backup setter with the means to use Lunar Dance to get another attacker on the field. Mega Mawile stands as the strongest attacker of the bunch with the means to change attacks as needed. Every one of its attacks will hit something super hard so pivoting around isn't very easy at all. You can also support Mawile's assault with Crawdaunt and Marowak-A who need no introduction. Trick Room loves strong attackers and Mawile does this to perfection.

Dead by Daylight

rage, rage against the dying of the light
is a Contributor to Smogon
Mega Mawile + Deoxys-Defense Stall ft. Oculars
:mawile-mega: :alomomola: :dondozo: :garganacl: :gliscor: :deoxys-defense:

The Main Idea
Mega Mawile was an interesting pick. Originally, I wanted to use Mega Mawile + Hisuian Samurott, but as we all know, that core has been used in half of the teams submitted. So I thought "Why not go back to stall?" and asked Wildfiree, the host, on PS!. He said "sure". So, I took it upon myself to create a Mega Mawile stall team. And here's how it went.

The Team Composition
This team was built around Mega Mawile and its defensive capabilities. Pre-Mega, Mawile has a great ability in Intimidate, but Steel/Fairy is an insane defensive typing, only being weak to Fire and Ground. It also makes really good progress with Play Rough and Knock Off to accentuate Spikes, while Stealth Rock is great role compression. Alomomola provides Wish support for Mega Mawile and good pivoting thanks to Flip Turn. Dondozo is your Unaware, letting you beat most physical attackers. Garganacl provides even more chip damage while being yet another Fire resistance. Gliscor is the Knock Off absorber after a Toxic Orb activation and can set Spikes for Mega Mawile to accentuate with Knock Off. Finally, Deoxys-Defense functions as both a great mixed wall and a good late-game wincon. While this team doesn't have as good of a hazard control schema as last team, it doesn't struggle too much as 4/6 members run Heavy-Duty Boots and Gliscor is immune to Spikes, meaning the only major hazard casualty is Mega Mawile.

Replays
This is far more of a theoretical team than the Mega Ampharos build, and I built this today. I'll post replays if I can get them.

Shoutouts
Oculars basically designed all of the EV spreads from scratch, which definitely helped with the rough draft of the team that just had min/maxed across the board. A huge shoutout to him for the help.

Hiiii :sphearical: it is voting time let’s proceed with that shall we?

Mega-Mawile hazard spam (ft. scarf frog)

https://pokepast.es/6d69489287b94e29
:mawile-mega: :samurott-hisui: :slowking-galar: :great tusk: :moltres: :greninja:

Mawile loves spamming knock off, knock off makes hazards broken… hazards everywhere!

Mawile is the wall destroyer (eat your heart out hoopa).
Samurott is a spdf pivot in a pinch who has lovely unblockable spikes + more priority.
Slowking provides future sight, non tran steel insurance and a switch move.
Great tusk is a battering ram who blows up moltres for mawile.
Moltres is the ground immune + fairy sponge (and another switch move).
Greninja is speed control because in a meta with a power level like this you can’t account for everything (the last switch move).

I did not write this on my phone. Happy holidays ya’ll.
Team A
https://pokepast.es/c70a6de83e7af1c7
:mawile-mega: :rotom wash: :heatran: :Samurott-hisui: :clodsire: :iron valiant:
Mega mawile: just a very standard mega mawile set. Brick break to bypass those pesky screens. Aurora veil this A9
Rotom wash
Nice pivot and defogger. Scarf trick puts an end to set ups. Hydro pump for damage and potentially breaking through physical walls like gagarnacl
Hisuian Samurott
General hazards setup. Encore to sabotage fellow hazards setters
Heatran
Just some special damage. Mega zard y and the like switch in, which can pose a threat to mawile
Clodsire
Panic button in the face of set up sweepers. Toxic stops momentum and haze to wipe the slate clean.
Iron valiant
General mixed attacker. Tera ground over steel because it provides the same resistances to steel and poison. Electric immunity is also nice, since it is a much more common offensive type compared to poison, as well as an option to deal super effective damage to poison.
Team B
Team C
Hello I’m posting on behalf of Adem
https://pokepast.es/90df8f531b318522
:Mawile-mega::rotom-wash::cinderace::slowking galar::Landorus-therian::Samurott-hisui:

Hi this is a very cool MMaw Spikes build with heavy emphasis on bringing in both HiSamu and MMaw repeatedly throighput the game. MMaw and HiSamu are the main psuedo-dark-spam offensive core for this team, both abusing the spikes to bust through their checks and win with their boosted Sucker Punches. Lando GKing common defensive core, with Lando being Smack Down to further pressure Torn/Skarm based builds as well as force more immediate chip on LandoT (HP Ice is also an option here), with FSight from GKing helping to break. Cinderace’s court change helps if the hazard game is not in your favour and makes the screens matchup much easier, whilst also being a soft check to things like Valiant, Lele, and Volcarona. Scarf Washtom rounds off the team as speed control + an immediete water resists, and can cripple out of control setup
sweepers such as Garganacl or SD Gliscor -Adem
Team D
https://pokepast.es/d7e51bb3b89e8a3b
:gliscor::alomomola::Ferrothorn::cinderace::tapu-koko::Mawile-Mega:

Bad at descriptions so i wont try. The team is probably not optimized but it's fine, atleast i think it is.
Team E

Fatter take on adem's Mawile stack concept, Alomomola keeps both breakers healthy with wish so they can take full advantage of their typings (both have surprising defensive utility) while Tornadus and Meowscarada form a knock off + u-turn core that allows Mawile to run thunder punch to break through its checks more easily.
Team F

Trick Room Mega Mawile Team. Hatterene is my lead most of the time to prevent hazards, set Trick Room and get the game going quickly. Can also Tera Fighting to smash Heatran, Mega-Lopunny, Garganacl and Greninja and any dark type that thinks it will scare me out. Also destroys Glimmora leads by going fighting to prevent poison attacks from working, and you can even go Tera Steel if you wanted to block that approach entirely. Porygon 2 is a back up setter with perfect coverage and teleport. And finally Cresselia is the backup backup setter with the means to use Lunar Dance to get another attacker on the field. Mega Mawile stands as the strongest attacker of the bunch with the means to change attacks as needed. Every one of its attacks will hit something super hard so pivoting around isn't very easy at all. You can also support Mawile's assault with Crawdaunt and Marowak-A who need no introduction. Trick Room loves strong attackers and Mawile does this to perfection.
Team G
Mega Mawile + Deoxys-Defense Stall ft. Oculars
:mawile-mega: :alomomola: :dondozo: :garganacl: :gliscor: :deoxys-defense:

The Main Idea
Mega Mawile was an interesting pick. Originally, I wanted to use Mega Mawile + Hisuian Samurott, but as we all know, that core has been used in half of the teams submitted. So I thought "Why not go back to stall?" and asked Wildfiree, the host, on PS!. He said "sure". So, I took it upon myself to create a Mega Mawile stall team. And here's how it went.

The Team Composition
This team was built around Mega Mawile and its defensive capabilities. Pre-Mega, Mawile has a great ability in Intimidate, but Steel/Fairy is an insane defensive typing, only being weak to Fire and Ground. It also makes really good progress with Play Rough and Knock Off to accentuate Spikes, while Stealth Rock is great role compression. Alomomola provides Wish support for Mega Mawile and good pivoting thanks to Flip Turn. Dondozo is your Unaware, letting you beat most physical attackers. Garganacl provides even more chip damage while being yet another Fire resistance. Gliscor is the Knock Off absorber after a Toxic Orb activation and can set Spikes for Mega Mawile to accentuate with Knock Off. Finally, Deoxys-Defense functions as both a great mixed wall and a good late-game wincon. While this team doesn't have as good of a hazard control schema as last team, it doesn't struggle too much as 4/6 members run Heavy-Duty Boots and Gliscor is immune to Spikes, meaning the only major hazard casualty is Mega Mawile.

Replays
This is far more of a theoretical team than the Mega Ampharos build, and I built this today. I'll post replays if I can get them.

Shoutouts
Oculars basically designed all of the EV spreads from scratch, which definitely helped with the rough draft of the team that just had min/maxed across the board. A huge shoutout to him for the help.
Team H
Voting will end Monday at 8pm gmt -5

Dead by Daylight

rage, rage against the dying of the light
Rillaboom + Grassy Seed Hoopa-U Trick Room Offense
Chop Suey! :rillaboom: :hoopa-unbound: :hatterene: :camerupt-mega: :stakataka: :enamorus-therian:

The Main Idea
Look, a non-stall team from me! This team is built around the core of Rillaboom and Grassy Seed Hoopa-Unbound. I theorized that everybody would make some boring old Sneasler or Hawlucha team, so I wondered: what could benefit from Grassy Terrain in a way that Sneasler and Hawlucha can't? And I came up with Hoopa-U. I also took some inspiration from freezai's video and added Trick Room + Nasty Plot to not only break through faster cores, but use the Defense boost to set Trick Room on otherwise-threatening things and go to town on offensive teams. The rest of the team is standard Trick Room tomfoolery.

The Team
Rillaboom serves as an insanely strong late-game cleaner, with Adamant Choice Band Grassy Glides hitting like a truck, especially with Tera Grass. It also facilitates both Hoopa-U and Enamorus-T. Hoopa-Unbound has historically struggled with offense; however, it can patch up its lacking physical bulk somewhat with Grassy Seed and potentially flip the script on those very same teams by setting Trick Room. Hatterene is another good Trick Room setter. Mega Camerupt and Choice Band Stakataka are two insanely good Trick Room abusers on each side of the spectrum. Finally, Enamorus-T can either be another incredibly strong special attacker that benefits from Camerupt breaking Steel-types, or it can be a late-game sweeper with Grassy Seed boosting its Defense along with Calm Mind. Be warned that most of this team is one-time-use only, so if you can't get Trick Room up or use your Grassy Seeds too early, you may lose.

Replays
Unfortunately, the replays section is down for now and apparently won't have any replays from after 2020. I think you can see the problem here. I've done well in tests, though, and this team is pretty good (although insanely volatile).

Last edited:

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
:rillaboom::kartana::enamorus::slowbro::heatran::zapdos:
rillakart + enam because rilla enjoys taking chip and healing wish removes that chip, never find myself clicking healing wish though but its an option
band rilla here is a breaker rather than a cleaner, use it as such because kart does the cleanup
enam just click buttons deal damage to steel types
has a bit of problems with waterpon but usually hard rilla/kart to threaten and hwish it later
no replays as you know, enjoy the team

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
RMT Leader

Pretty intuitive team to use - almost every Pokemon on the team takes advantage of grassy terrain one way or the other (even Zapdos appreciates taking weaker earthquakes from slow ground types predicting it to roost). Rillaboom and Mawile wallbreak while the defensive core supports them by setting hazards, tossing out wishes or spreading status so Sneasler can sweep lategame. Rillaboom spread is to maximise bulk while not being too slow when it is not clicking grassy glide while the mixed Alomomola spread allows it to be a decent special sponge against the top fairies of the tier (e.g. Tapu Lele, Iron Valiant, Diancie-Mega, etc) with mirror coat besides destroying Zapdos + Toxapex cores.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)