Announcement National Dex Open Mic - Surfin Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a lugia advocate, I think it'd be a great asset for ndou. Its defensive utility and it being the only good defogger is something that the tier desperately needs at this time. Its bulk allows it to check two of the biggest threats(zama and waterpon) while not being passive with calm mind which is a huge plus. While this might mean that it'd be hard to check, you'd be wrong. There are many mons to check it such as weavile, darkrai, mban, boulder, crown, kyurem, etc. And if lugia teras, that's even better! This means that you can check it with your other mons like gouging, bolt, scarf lele, tera steel zama, karp, pod, etc. Overall, I think lugia would be a good and healthy presence for the meta and if it ever got suspect tested(which it should), I'd personally vote Unban.

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader
Several users have raised concerns that this community thread is not being taken seriously. As a result, I will be actively handing out minor infracts to anyone who does not haha react this post within the next 24 hours. Consider this your only warning.

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
Sulo

Time is the continued sequence of existence and events that occurs in an apparently irreversible succession from the past, through the present, and into the future. It is a component quantity of various measurements used to sequence events, to compare the duration of events or the intervals between them, and to quantify rates of change of quantities in material reality or in the conscious experience. Time is often referred to as a fourth dimension, along with three spatial dimensions.

I think you need to learn what time is. Good luck.

about15guys

enchanted love
is a Pre-Contributor
Runo’s Lawyer here. I can confirm Sulo is not making a joke and April fools day is cringe and for those who just want to play fairy tale with their imaginations. Thanks for understanding.
As Ineros's lawyer here too (i moonlight) as well as being a spokesperson for the council due to my position of driver, I hope you understand the gravity of any insinuations. A slight against the institution of National Dex Overused and its council cannot stand in order to keep the pillar of the pokemon showdown website up and running. Any slight against the council cannot be allowed to fester or else we risk the stability of showdown as a whole. I hope you understand the gravity of any accusations made as well as the ramifications for both you, the tier and the website as a whole.

Pokemon Showdown is no joking matter, this is a very serious topic.

Dead by Daylight

As Ineros's lawyer here too (i moonlight) as well as being a spokesperson for the council due to my position of driver, I hope you understand the gravity of these insinuations. Any slight against the institution of National Dex Overused and its council cannot stand in order to keep the pillar of the pokemon showdown website up and running. Any slight against the council cannot stand, or else we risk the stability of showdown as a whole. I hope you understand the gravity of any accusations made as well as the ramifications for both you, the tier and the website as a whole.

Pokemon Showdown is no joking matter, this is a very serious topic.
that's wonderful and all but have any of you seriously considered banning seth for reasons detailed in this thread

1yr

formerly I❤BerryKind
HOW TO FIX NAT DEX

unban: lugia to balance lugia add pult and kingambit because pult and kingambit are here annihilape should be fine, since we unbanning all these ghost types unban gholdengo since gholdengo is here sneasler is fine and to balance sneasler add arceus ice and for arceus ice to get play add lando incarnite add dracovish because its gonna feel left out and i forgot to say unban walking wake becus it is not bokrne! and then uban megagrost bcuz pult and gambit and others beat it! then unban doxeus atak becas of gambit and the bulkier one is already allowed and sucks!

Runo

I get imposter syndrome from playing mons!!!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Touch grass
Wow, just...wow. I would've thought that an esteemed metagame discussion poster such as yourself would've respected the idea of Lugia being unbanned, but you just can't seem to shake off the idea that this is all just some big joke. I hope you're ashamed of yourself because this is what the council has been hard at work for months trying to do something incredible for the community and the metagame here and you are just in disbelief and even worse you are INSULTING a Tier Leader and a valued member of the community. Here's an idea buddy, how about instead YOU touch grass. Open your mind and eyes to the reality at hand.

Dead by Daylight

Wow, just...wow. I would've thought that an esteemed metagame discussion poster such as yourself would've respected the idea of Lugia being unbanned, but you just can't seem to shake off the idea that this is all just some big joke. I hope you're ashamed of yourself because this is what the council has been hard at work for months trying to do something incredible for the community and the metagame here and you are just in disbelief and even worse you are INSULTING a Tier Leader and a valued member of the community. Here's an idea buddy, how about instead YOU touch grass. Open your mind and eyes to the reality at hand.
Wow, just...wow. I would've thought that an esteemed National Dex lower-tier MLM promoter such as yourself would've respected the idea of other people politely calling out others for blatantly incorrect takes, but you just can't seem to shake off the idea that this is all some big reality. I hope you're ashamed of yourself because the council has been hard at work for months trying to deny the Mega Heracross nomination for the community and the metagame here and you are just in disbelief and even worse you are INSULTING a major forum poster and a valued member of the community. Here's an idea buddy, how about instead YOU touch grass. Open your mind and eyes to the reality at hand.

Soul king0

每一次痛彻心扉的失败,都应该被铭记于心
is a Pre-Contributor
Seriously,I dont think make lugia unban is a good idea.Though we have wea,Mttar,dark and bolt to check it .But none of them have recover and lugia can use tera to flip their relationship.like gslowking and some passive pokemon will be a chance for lugia to set up ,and sub+cm will make it can easy set up and avoid toxic and thunder wave.with sub it can also reduce pursuit effect.(it listen like a big mlatias,but lugia can use tera.)And it will make ladder full of stall ,yeah i think we have enough stall in ladder now.

hi.naming is hard

disoriented birds
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Seriously,I dont think make lugia unban is a good idea.Though we have wea,Mttar,dark and bolt to check it .But none of them have recover and lugia can use tera to flip their relationship.like gslowking and some passive pokemon will be a chance for lugia to set up ,and sub+cm will make it can easy set up and avoid toxic and thunder wave.with sub it can also reduce pursuit effect.(it listen like a big mlatias,but lugia can use tera.)And it will make ladder full of stall ,yeah i think we have enough stall in ladder now.
it would be a good idea if we unban pult to check it, and to check pult we unban gambit and Chien-Pao, likewise magearna, likewise chi-yu, likewise roaring moon, and eventually we'll have perfect natdex metagame

Last edited:

FayaWizard

Amnesia
is an official Team Rater
I can't believe we're wasting time and effort on suspecting a clearly NDRU mon at best (I mean ever heard of Weavile Triple Axel, hello?). Instead, we should be looking into suspecting Xerneas into the tier.

99 Base Speed is slower than molasses these days, meaning Xerneas can easily get outrun by threats like Tera Steel Choice Band Iron Treads and 252 Atk Choice Band Tera Steel Iron Treads Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 492-580 (108.1 - 127.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Pathetic.

"O but it can boost its speed with Geomancy" hello have you ever heard of tier staple Mega Bannette??? This mon is everywhere, and for good reason. Encore would completely shut down Geomancy Xerneas and it can easily setup with Swords Dance twice, before outspeeding with Shadow Sneak and OHKOing. +4 252+ Atk Banette-Mega Shadow Sneak vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 270-318 (59.3 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. If Xerneas can't even handle such a common threat, how can it be considered overbearing for the tier?

I see no reason to keep such a weak Pokemon locked up in National Dex Anything Goes. Please free the deer so we may experience the Christmas spirit again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)