Side National Dex Monotype Tournament [Round 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Approved by the National Dex Moderation Team / Co-hosted with adjustments

Welcome to the first individual tour of National Dex Monotype. This tournament will be double elimination and a best of three. Please use the National Dex Monotype format to play these matches. This tournament is not a part of any circuit; however, the winner of this tournament will receive a $75 USD and Room Voice in the National Dex Monotype. Since this tour is to develop the Monotype National Dex metagame post MWP, we will require all replays to be posted in the thread!

Please refer to the National Dex Monotype megathread as the resource for this tournament!
SPECIFIC RULES:
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Three.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown, which is the Main server or Smogon Tours servers. Matches played on any other server will be void and redone on one of those 2 servers.
  • To encourage the development of the metagames, all matches must have replays saved and posted in the thread so that everyone is on an even playing field. If your series is not posted in the thread, the game will be flipped regardless of whoever won.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type.
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages

Rules and General Guidelines

• The 5/8ths rule will be used to generate brackets.
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm), I will not be pleased, and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counter teaming at all. Please do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent." I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I permit all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them to watch. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds, though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn, prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Please don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid-battle and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the player's hands who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was, without a doubt, over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened, there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Announcement: The prize has tripled! The winner of this double-elimination tournament will receive $75!

Shoutouts to Maskun for setting up a sheet to track type usage, type wins, and player types used for the tournament. Thanks to Ticken for helping him set it up! Check out the sheet here.
Pairings:
Osake  vs  Hurtadoo
Koalacance  vs  Pajamazz
Ac130gaming  vs  Estronic
TacticalFacepalms  vs  Teggun Burcs
Chaitanya  vs  freakydood
Decem  vs  JustFranco
Maskun  vs  adjustments
Trichotomy  vs  LiteralDoor
adsam  vs  FrozenFire1893
Cmcclelland082  vs  Illecent Excaliburn
ashbala99  vs  I'm hate hats
ClippersIn5Sigh  vs  ACR1
Nowno  vs  Twixtry
Isza  vs  bea
|Powerman|  vs  Pannuracotta
Dead_Cereal  vs  Sputnik
maroon  vs  thegarbodr
zugubu royale  vs  K3ppr
EliteTrainerKai  vs  Pasta_Ravioli
King Choco  vs  Maki
Mean Palkia  vs  DYA
Mr.Bossaru  vs  2Shainz!
Kev  vs  I am bu
Calm  vs  Ainzcrad
Estarossa  vs  RAP Yogurt
miraage  vs  Harpp
sigmatecture  vs  dahli
LuckyPiper  vs  Gray
StepC  vs  it's tago!
yedla  vs  Manan999
Derpeddeath  vs  torterraxx
Vodoom  vs  Dieu Amphibien
Ewin  vs  zeefable
Ast0rga  vs  gorex
Mollymt1  vs  Anique
Roxiee  vs  Mateeus
Drakeflame2  vs  Floss
TJ  vs  Ryenix
ZerosGuy  vs  The Thunderbirds
Crashy  vs  Attitude adjuster
iKiQ  vs  Prof.Otaku
King Billu  vs  Punset
TeamCharm69  vs  GwynOfLight
The gaming attack  vs  Tsukuyomi57
Agentkeval  vs  Maple
Rukt vs London13
Knickss  vs  Mr. Nobody
Tico 21  vs  PixelMax
iNoLife  vs  LaPatateDouce
MatLaTomate  vs  Fraolain
Anthonyy23  vs  Prosaic
INStruct  vs  Fylkir Pudin
Ta9967 vs velvet
BM  vs  beankun.dx
juleocesar  vs  DerpsDeluxe
Bluxio  vs  Conflux
YeetYolk07  vs  DreamPrince
lvl100Blaziken  vs  Keahi
martinvtran  vs  ashwins72
Direzt  vs  Izaya
Rotten  vs  Cielau
avarice  vs  GotCookies
giove97  vs  Zar
Watermelon :S  vs  Yami
1. London13
2. velvet
3. Twixtry
4. I'm hate hats

Due to the tournament's size, everyone after the 128th signup has been placed as a substitute. Substitutes will be placed in by the order in which they signed up in. Post 'in as sub' if you want to be a substitute. I am currently accepting substitutes for this tour!
Make sure that your scheduling is public if you need an extension, want an activity win, or don't want to be coin flipped.

The deadline for this round is Sunday, February 14th @ 10 PM EST; I will be substituting inactive pairs on Sunday 02/07 @ 5 PM EST!
Please post replays in this thread; if they are not posted, your series will be coin flipped!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)