Projects National Dex DOU Teambuilding Competition!!!!! (Week Eighteen: Lando I)

xqiht

人间正道是沧桑
is a Tiering Contributor
1692980083869.png
1692980100170.png
1692980114049.png
1692980126754.png
1692980138671.png
1692980150773.png

Koko-kyurem balance:https://pokepast.es/05a998599595da34

The core of this team is koko kyurem steella. Due to kyurem's slow speed, I used av Electroweb koko to control the speed, and sky drop can better give kyurem dd opportunities. Due to Steella's slow speed, I used Audino to open the trip room and set Volcanion as the attacker under the trip room. In order to combat reinforcement, I chose Marshadow, and Marshadow is also a beneficiary of Electroweb.

Attachments

big pichu

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
Next up: Ogerpon!

600px-1017Ogerpon.png

We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.

-- We Wear the Mask, Paul Laurence Dunbar

It's the new little Pokemon with a big list of options! You can use any form and any mask, so go wild with this new and exciting Pokemon!

You have until Sunday September 24th, 10PM US Eastern Time (Monday September 25th, 2AM UTC)

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:ogerpon-wellspring::salamence-mega::chien-pao::incineroar::tapu-fini::gholdengo:
so this team focuses on ogerpon-w because of it's unique typing that isn't weak to common types like ice, steel or ground. it is also a sole redirector so my sala-m + chien-pao core can destroy. sala-m is just a great offensive pokemon and tailwind setter in general, chien-pao is there for another offensive pokemon and helps suuport salamence, incineroar is one of the older double kings and does incineroar stuff (flinches, pivots, all that good stuff). fini is there because more is better in terms of offense but provides a defensive backbone to the squad, and scarf gholdengo round out the team with a trick crippler and status blocker

Last edited:
:ogerpon-hearthflame: :tyranitar-mega: :zamazenta: :zygarde: :chien-pao: :kartana:

I went with Hearthflame Ogerpon because I figured it was the best offensively and had a unique typing (Scovillain isn't real). Ogerpon seems to be outclassed as both a pure redirector and offensive pokemon but a hybrid set gives it something it can achieve. Tyranitar now gets Knock Off, which is a pretty big buff for it, and it helps deal with Mega Salamence, which Ogerpon loses to quite badly. Zamazenta and Zygarde are a somewhat infamous duo at this point and Zygarde can take advantage of Ogerpon's Follow Me if positioned correctly. Chien-Pao is another offensive check to Salamence and helps boost the damage of the whole team, which are all physical mons. I've been liking Scope Lens Kartana a lot recently as it is a solid offensive Tailwind setter that doesn't take up the Mega slot and it can ignore Intimidate and defense boosts 50% of the time with Leaf Blade + Scope Lens.

I've won a roomtour with this squad and laddered up to 6th but I haven't really been able to get a quality game with this team so here is the roomtour final and a salty ladder game:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexdoubles-1945976909
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1945965403-c8ibrjxmknwhqklstre9xrwry14n62tpw

Last edited:

Glimmer

We own the night
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
:ogerpon-wellspring::celesteela::mew::iron-hands::rillaboom::zygarde:

Celesteela Follow Me Ogerpon-W Semi-TR

Follow Me Ogerpon-Wellspring seemed like a good way to counteract all the Urshifu-R and Tera Fire Zygarde running around, so me and only me (and sir jelloton partially) built a Semi Trick Room team featuring it. Celesteela seemed like the perfect partner because a. it counters Rillaboom and Mega Salamence b. its cool. Mew is a cool Trick Room mon on this kinda setup heavy team because it has Wisp Snarl which is obnoxious and so am I. Iron Hands and Rillaboom are generic goodstuffs mons that suit Trick Room and have Fake Out. Zygarde is the main setup sweeper of the team that aims to sweep with the help of double Fake Out, Follow Me Ogerpon, and Wisp Snarl Mew. Ogerpon-W outspeeds Timid Chi-Yu and always 2HKOes Volcanion with Wood Hammer, Zygarde speed is to outspeed Marshadow at +1 and live an Iron Hands Ice Punch, 24 Speed Rillaboom creeps opposing Rillaboom that would outspeed Basculegion under Tailwind. Ogerpon is cool ig lol

sir jelloton

DPL Champion
:ogerpon-wellspring::celesteela::mew::iron-hands::rillaboom::zygarde:

Celesteela Follow Me Ogerpon-W Semi-TR

Follow Me Ogerpon-Wellspring seemed like a good way to counteract all the Urshifu-R and Tera Fire Zygarde running around, so me and only me (and sir jelloton partially) built a Semi Trick Room team featuring it. Celesteela seemed like the perfect partner because a. it counters Rillaboom and Mega Salamence b. its cool. Mew is a cool Trick Room mon on this kinda setup heavy team because it has Wisp Snarl which is obnoxious and so am I. Iron Hands and Rillaboom are generic goodstuffs mons that suit Trick Room and have Fake Out. Zygarde is the main setup sweeper of the team that aims to sweep with the help of double Fake Out, Follow Me Ogerpon, and Wisp Snarl Mew. Ogerpon-W outspeeds Timid Chi-Yu and always 2HKOes Volcanion with Wood Hammer, Zygarde speed is to outspeed Marshadow at +1 and live an Iron Hands Ice Punch, 24 Speed Rillaboom creeps opposing Rillaboom that would outspeed Basculegion under Tailwind. Ogerpon is cool ig lol
We built this team TOGETHER and I was just as involved.

Guys vote on the better nicknames. I got iron hands rilla boom and zygarde and she got ogerpon celesteela and mew.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/675c0499ca7f3937
sun is literally still the best don’t even compare it to anything else. but we all know that. the real difference maker for this is Ogerpon-Water (i forgot the names). the typing for this mon and the movepool it has makes it the perfect support mon for sun. stab solar blade still hits like a truck even without investment. and it’s typing lets it resist the water rock and ground weaknesses that sun normally has.

all in all vote for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)