National Dex Natdex AG - Blissey Bait

So I've been playing a lot of "competetive" Natdex AG and chilling at the 1450-1500 range and even there you still see Gimmick Teams from time to time but atleast they're semi-viable when you're in that point of ladder, anyways one of my biggest problems in Natdex AG high ladder is Blissey/Chansey these mons were a thorn on my side when I was starting to climb ladder though I softened up my matchup to them quite a but I still wanted revenge for all the problems they caused me, so I made a Blissey-bait/ Bulky Offense team just to screw those blobs (including Ditto) over.

:ss/Arceus-Ground:
Terra (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 32 SpA / 12 SpD / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

Arceus-Ground who I named Terra, is the primary lead except on special instances like for example a Smeargle Lead, Terra's item is an Earth Plate which is necessary for this form and has the bonus of powering Judgment by a bit, The EVs are specifically tailored so that at Positive nature Arceus-Ground will be able to outspeed base 108 speed Pokémon especially Galvantula who stills see usage even in high ladder then Max HP for bulk and then the leftovers are scattered around nicely (and if you think you're missing out on bulk by giving it to speed trust me Arceus is bulky enough) and that paired with recover extends Terra's longevity and can even just sweep unprepared teams with it's Ice and Ground coverage and recovery.

:ss/Calyrex-Shadow:
Spirit Barrage (Calyrex-Shadow) @ Life Orb
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Astral Barrage
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock

I use this set a lot on my Natdex AG teams whether it be Hyper Offense or Bulky Offense this is the set I always use but I've been thinking of replacing Life Orb with Fairinium Z to strike Dark Types without breaking my Substitute since i don't really Dynamax Calyrex-Shadow that much, this set also acts as a Pseudo-Blissey counter since it's unaffected by Seismic Toss whilst also having Substitute to prevent being hit by T-Wave or Toxic but I don't want it to take all the pressure since it is my Sweeper after all.

:ss/Gengar-Mega:
Yellow Eye (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball

So I decided to use Gengar-Mega to act as a Full Blissey counter by trapping it and preventing it from healing by Taunt, the other details of this set are pretty self-explanatory 252 SpA/252 Spe then both STAB moves which only a few mons resist to make a decent Pokémon even if the enemy doesn't have a Blissey/Chansey

:ss/Arceus-Fairy:
Titania (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Earth Power

This set is is pretty successful when you got a Calm Mind off (which you will probably do) since it just becomes so tanky even with just one boost and can hit hard at +1 too, it also becomes a great Dynamax option since Max Starfall protects you from statuses like Toxic or Paralysis and Max Quake just makes you even bulkier on the Special side.

:ss/ditto:
Blobby (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Transform

Ditto has one job and that is to counters Sweepers the other things it does are just a bonus, I always become weary of using my Dynamax on other team members since Ditto is one of the best abuser of Dynamax and can act as a safety net when you had a wrong read and let the enemy pokemon setup.

:ss/yveltal:
Bacon Berb (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Poison]
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Oblivion Wing

The last mon on the team is Yveltal this set is a more offensive one utilizing Max Airstream to give it a Speed Boost which even without a positive nature outspeeds Calyrex-Shadow after one boost, Oblivion Wing is key to this sets success and also heals damage from Life Orb, Dark Pulse when turned into Max Darkness has 170 BP due to Dark Aura and can OHKO even Dynamaxed pokemon or deal heavy damage to them, Heat Wave is also essential to beat Zacian-Crowned since Max Flare is a guaranteed KO whereas ordinary Heat Wave can deal up to 96% Max (unless in Sun of course) so you either Dynamax when Zacian-Crowned are the only few left or deal heavy damage to it and then sweep with Calyrex-Shadow, The Fourth move slot is really up to choice, you can use Taunt to prevent Defog or use Defog yourself maybe even Sucker Punch for priority but you'll have to reset you're EV's to be more of a mixed attacker, for me I used HP Poison to deal with Fairy Types while also getting a Special Attack boost.

So yeah, if you want to try out the team here's the pokepaste https://pokepast.es/582dfeedb7ef34e6, but what do you think I should change about this team? Did I overprepare for Blissey/Chansey even though I already have Psyshock on my Calyrex-Shadow? Should I replace my Mega? I'll like to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
Could you please change the text colors for arceus and calyrex? It's hard to see the calyrex text and the arceus text is invisible unless you highlight it

This team doesn't have a Zacian-C check, thus it is utterly unviable. You don't need two Ghost types, replace Mega Gengar with Necrozma-Dusk Mane, max defense as your Zacian check. Give Calyrex-S Nasty Plot over Draining Kiss. Psychock + Sub Plot beats Blissey badly anyways. Also making Fairy Arceus utility, and replacing Groundeus, Mega Rayquaza is a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)