SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

I think DrPumpkinz is right about the Mythical aspect, because GF doesn't tend to ban things for balance reasons in their formats (they might acknowledge or comment on them but balance-based bans are incredibly rare if they exist at all). Most of the time things just get a blanket ban, Mythicals because they're not accessible, and Restricted Cover Legends just based on numbers regardless of their viability in the format played. Soul Dew being restricted to events like the E-Reader Eon Ticket is the more likely reason, they simply decided people didn't have free access so it wasn't "fair" to include for the same reason as Jirachi or Mew.

I am curious how relevant the Soul Dew Latis were in Doubles given how wildly different a format it is from their obviously-busted Singles environment

The other reason probably ties it all together as well, I imagine: It was a tie in to the 5th movie. 5th Movie came out earlier in 2002 and obviously had to be in preproduction while the game itself was in production, so bringing over a tied item that hada lot of powerful importance in said movie, and making it strong as hell.

So it all feeds into each other, an ouroborus of design
Why did the they make it? Because the Movie had it as a major plot element and they wanted that item to be a carry over
Why was it so busted? Because it was really important to the movie, able to act as a super power source and probably have a soul in it
Why was it banned? Because it was Busted + it was an Event exclusive item

Kind of fun that they nerfed it into a Dragon/Psychic 20% move boost and made it legal everywhere in gen 7.

2023 will mark 10 years since the announcement of Gen 6 and the release of Pokemon X and Y. While looking back on the game and trying to see if the box legendaries had any ingame lore other than going to sleep for 1000 years, I ended up accidentally recontextualizing the whole ending for myself.

Here's a question you may not have thought about: Who was in Lumiose City for the parade at the end of the game?
1680562195385.png
1680562479757.png

(epilogue source - Tvoldy23 4k longplay)

On stage are Tierno, Trevor, the protagonist, Shauna, and the unchosen protagonist, as well as Professor Sycamore and Sina and Dexio, and some generic crowds as well as AZ and Floette crashing the party. Now according to the game's narration, the parade is to celebrate the five defenders of the Kalos region, and you may think that this is obviously referring to the main friend group. In this post I will be proposing an alternative theory, but first I'll go over the qualifications of each of the main five characters and their feats in the plot. Compared to SV where everyone plays some part in the final battle, XY was actually pretty lacking in its own version, but we'll see how each character contributed in their own sections.

1: The Protagonist
1680563365553.png

The whole ending sequence is all about the protagonist. You've become the new champion and caught the box legendary and personally defeated Lysandre to stop his evil plot, Sycamore personally hands you the Honour of Kalos for bravely battling Team Flare, unlike the whole friend group in SV getting marked in the Hall of Fame book, and you show AZ what it means to be a trainer again and love pokemon enough to bring Floette back. Overall the parade could pretty much just be for the protagonist and there would be no difference in the ending since the friend group doesn't even get lines. However, there are some other people who could be argued as just as worthy defenders of Kalos for joining the fight against Team Flare just as well.

2: The Other Protagonist
1680564453043.png

Out of the friend group NPCs, the opposite protagonist probably contributes the most in the conflicts against Team Flare throughout the game, actively helping you out in Multi Battles and following you for the entire Team Flare Secret HQ, so I think they deserve to be a defender too. This portion of the game is like Area Zero but you just fight generic grunts in a white room instead of bizarre paradoxes in a strange landscape.

3: Shauna
1680563881577.png
(source - MunchingOrange)
Shauna is the last member of the friend group that really contributes to defending Kalos. She joins up for the last room of the Team Flare Secret HQ despite the Other Protagonist's hesitation. Despite this she does not have any multi battles against Team Flare, and instead her contribution is opening the locked door to the legendary using a device from Clemont made for solving puzzles, which is apparently one of her main interests. Without Shauna, the Protagonist would not be able to open the door and stop Team Flare, so clearly Shauna is an integral defender of Kalos in her own way.

4: Tierno
1680564999684.png
1680564799052.png

This is where the title of "defender of Kalos" starts to get iffy. Tierno is a simple man whose goal is to make a dance team. While Calem/Serena/Shauna are deep within the HQ, the rest of the gang are on Route 10 where the stones are presumably connected to Pokemon that are being sacrificed to power the Ultimate Weapon. This is decently admirable but Tierno does not directly battle with Team Flare at all and admits that "Sina and Dexio" were the ones actually handling it, so I wouldn't exactly call him a defender but I wouldn't be opposed to putting him in the parade.

5: Trevor
1680565697943.png
1680565418100.png

Trevor has some similarities to Tierno in being that he already has a goal of completing his Pokedex and so he doesn't really get much action against Team Flare, but there is one conflict in the Frost Cavern he is involved with. Trevor fights one grunt with a Mightyena and afterwards he declares that he is scared and dislikes battling them, so I imagine he was in the same boat as Tierno in saving the pokemon and leaving the battling to the real heroes.

Sidenote: While looking into Trevor's plot relevance since I had forgotten most of it, I found some interesting information about Trevor through optional dialogue. I learned that Trevor has a sister in Lumiose City and their parents left them behind to train Pokemon. Now that's a harsh backstory.

1680566027820.png

1680566048972.png

1680566061754.png

(source)

In the postgame, Trevor can also catch a Mewtwo even after you've caught one, thanks to the power of generic dialogue.

EDIT: He also directly compares himself to AZ resorting to the ultimate weapon to resurrect Floette in this dialogue. This is pretty heavy considering Trevor's ace Pokemon is a Florges too.
"Are you wondering about the ultimate weapon, too, <player>? That man wanted to bring his Pokémon back even if it meant breaking the laws of nature. I wonder if I would feel that way if I lost my partner... This is changing the subject, but... Have you caught <Pokémon> yet?"
1680565919051.png

Also, it's hard to notice with the base 3DS resolution, but Trevor is frowning in the whole ending sequence so I don't think he really wants to be here.
1680565213630.png

1680565235870.png

So who would be the actual last two defenders of Kalos?
1680562640094.png
(source - Marriland)
1680562903988.png
(source - IGN)

Of course, it would be the masked heroes hiding in plain sight, being the only ones to use the title "defenders of Kalos" in the story, and being the only other people who are actually said to be battling Team Flare in the climax. Overall I would say that Sina and Dexio were the real defenders of Kalos on the stage in the ending of XY, but to avoid exposing their secret identities they just volunteered Trevor and Tierno to get the attention instead.

Last edited:
I believe that Gardevoir was retconned in ORAS to be a tailor-fitted common team pick.
-Wally's Gardevoir is replaced with a Gallade.
-You can obtain Gardevoirite after the main story legendary climax and before your final fight with Wally.
-Dexnav makes finding a Ralts much easier.
-Only two NPC trainers besides Wally even use any member of the family.
1680635814910.png
1680635842396.png
1680635877944.png

Additional, my favorite example of serendipity with localized names is that the two people who give Gardevoirite and Galladite are named Cosmo and Wanda, who were already named back in Ruby and Sapphire, before Fairy types were even conceived.

I believe that Gardevoir was retconned in ORAS to be a tailor-fitted common team pick.
-Wally's Gardevoir is replaced with a Gallade.
-You can obtain Gardevoirite after the main story legendary climax and before your final fight with Wally.
-Dexnav makes finding a Ralts much easier.
-Only two NPC trainers besides Wally even use any member of the family.
View attachment 505168View attachment 505169View attachment 505170
Additional, my favorite example of serendipity with localized names is that the two people who give Gardevoirite and Galladite are named Cosmo and Wanda, who were already named back in Ruby and Sapphire, before Fairy types were even conceived.
On the other hand, ORAS gardevoir competes as both a Psychic type and Mega with the gift Lati@s.

Speaking of serendipity & localized names, I love the new trio's names and they all got better once I looked up the Japanese names.

So the theme of the three is a phrase of approval/fortune/improvement and then a (mostly) archiac reading of a word for their animal, and their names definitely seem to have a bit of a goofy rhythm to them that seems intentional. Localization couldn't really keep the archiac animal word, but sort of applied it to the former by using fairly old (still used, but not as often in my exerpeince) turns of phrase merged with the appropriate animal while putting in a bit of that goofy rhythm.

Iineinu - iine inu* = "Expresses approval" + "dog" = Okie-dokie as an old and kind of out of date way to (earnestly) express approval+ dog = Okidogi
Mashimashira = mashi mashira = "better/word" + an old word for "monkey" = Hunky-dory as an old & kind of out of date way to say things are going well (they are getting better, they are improving) + monkey = Munkidori
and my personal favorite
Kichikigisu = Kichi + kigisu = Fortune + an old word for "pheasant" = Serendipity, which while not AS out of date as the other two, is kind of an archiac word for finding [good] fortune + pheasant. = Fezandipiti

It's all very cute

Somewhat unrelated but I was stunned when seeing that Ogrepon's japanese name was also Ogrepon; I thought for sure it was going to be "onipon" and that localization was falling on the weird thing of "all oni must become ogre"

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Here's a question you may not have thought about: Who was in Lumiose City for the parade at the end of the game?

(...)

Of course, it would be the masked heroes hiding in plain sight, being the only ones to use the title "defenders of Kalos" in the story, and being the only other people who are actually said to be battling Team Flare in the climax. Overall I would say that Sina and Dexio were the real defenders of Kalos on the stage in the ending of XY, but to avoid exposing their secret identities they just volunteered Trevor and Tierno to get the attention instead.
Eh, I think you're overthinking it. Why were Trevor and Tierno included even though they didn't do much? Because they were still there providing some support, even if by their own admission that Dexio & Sina were doing most of the heavy lifting as the "Defenders of Kalos". Had the parade also included the "Defenders", it would be the seven of them getting awards. But since Dexio & Sina were playing superhero, they rather not have their secret identity "revealed" so decided not to be awarded on stage (though Sycamore may have given them medals in private and/or included somewhere that the Defenders of Kalos were also present helping out in the official report).

Was it a retcon? I mean, yeah, Dexnav made it easier to find, but you can still find a Ralts on Route 102. Sure, it's a rare encounter, but like any rare Pokemon that just means you need to grind encounters until you finally find one. So I still think Ralts is as much as a "common" team pick as it was in Gen III, it just now comes with the bonus of having a Mega Evolution. Also Wally's ace changing from Gardevoir to Gallade I think more had to do with Diantha's ace being Mega Gardevoir. So instead of keeping the "original" RSE story of Wally where Gardevoir represents a guardian angel figure, Wally's story becomes one where he overcomes his shortcomings and becomes a strong & capable trainer with Gallade representing the more "warrior"-like change.

Somewhat unrelated but I was stunned when seeing that Ogrepon's japanese name was also Ogrepon; I thought for sure it was going to be "onipon" and that localization was falling on the weird thing of "all oni must become ogre"
In many Japanese high fantasy series, Oni are usually related to Ogres, with Oni often being stronger and more advanced/evolved than Ogres are.
I think it's actually intentional they went with "ogre" instead of "oni", and not for (completely) the reason you're thinking.

Now note that, when it comes to names of Legendaries and Mythicals, GF nowadays likes to have most of the names be the same at least between the Japanese and English translation. If they have a different name between Japanese and English there's usually a reason.

Now, for the Momotaro Trio, due to what GF wanted to do with the names it made sense to have different localized names. Not sure how much part of their design/lore it's going to link to, but I imagine the Dog relating to approval, the Pheasant to fortune, and the Monkey to improvement is part of the overall design thus them wanting it to be represented in the name (and in some form of archaic style; Japan (and I imagine Chinese and Korean) it's an old way of saying the animal's name, English/Spanish/Italian using old/outdated English slang or words, French using Greek/Latin words for the animal, and German using all foreign words). And kudos to the English translators, notably for Okidogi and Munkidori, I'm not sure if I would have even thought to do that!

As for Ogrepon, as you see GF decided to keep the name the same between Japanese and English. But still, why not use "oni"? With how connected the world is nowadays, most people know that Oni are a Yokai (which most people know means "Japanese mythical monster"), and a lot of Pokemon are based on Yokai because Pokemon is a Japanese franchise. Well, something that Nokocchi noted reminded me of something. Fun fact, what is the Ghost-type called in Japan? Answer: Ghost-type, as in the English word. Now, Japan does have its own word for "ghost": Yurei. However, in general Japanese culture, a yurei is meant to be taken more seriously. Hence, GF deciding to refer to the Type using the English term which has a more wider interpretation which includes kid friendly ones like Casper. Going back to Ogerpon, note that it has the prefix "-pon", which is meant to indicate that it's supposed to "cute". Oni are usually depicted as ugly and gross, and while the same can be said of ogres, let's be honest, the first character you think of when you hear "ogre" is Shrek; a kid-friendly character who is meant to have a charming/cute grossness about him but is a good guy (flawed, but good). So, because they want to get across Ogerpon is meant to be a cute Pokemon, at least to the Japanese audience, they chose the mythical creature which as the more "kid-friendly" character connected to it.

Secret tease for Onipon.
Which isn't to say it won't have an "Oni Form", especially with it potentially having a mask gimmick. I can see it now, it's base form is "Masked Form" where its a silly little ogre guy, but when the mask comes off it changes into its "Oni Form" where is gets bigger, stronger, and scarier looking.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I got a fairly minor one: I believe the reason Lugia and Ho-oh have Special Defense as their highest stat was to help knock Mewtwo down a peg or two (alongside all the mechanic changes between Gens 1 and 2). That, or to help demonstrate the new stat. Or possibly both.
Actually I don't think it has to do with knocking down Mewtwo a peg but rather having Lugia & Ho-Oh stand on an even level with it. If they were to knock Mewtwo down a peg, why wouldn't their Type have the two new Types which were meant to curb Psychic-types ("the new Type didn't fit their designs"; then why didn't they make new Legendary which fit the new Types?). Also, they use the exact same stat amounts as Mewtwo just distributed differently. Yes, it's a convenient stat spread to have alrady, but if their purpose was to knock down Mewtwo wouldn't them using it sort of signify that the only way to take down Mewtwo is to essentially make reskins of Mewtwo?

By having them use the same stat spread as well as having their highest stat being the counter stat to Mewtwo's, the message I get is that these Pokemon are EQUAL to Mewtwo. Mewtwo isn't just going to 1HKO them like most other Pokemon, but that doesn't mean it's not going to yield against them. Mewtwo is still gonna hit both pretty hard, especially if it uses a SE move: Mewtwo still gets Thunder/Thunderbolt (and Blizzard/Ice Beam for Lugia). Honestly Lugia is gonna have a pretty rough time as it's a defensive Pokemon and even with Shadow Ball it's not hitting Mewtwo any harder as some other fully evolved com mon. Ho-Oh however has a much better chance, especially since in Gen II Shadow Ball was a Physical Move which is Ho-Oh's second highest stat.

But the fact we're figuratively comparing how hard each of them will hit one other and how they'll stand against it proves my point. Against each other these Legendaries are equal, against a com mon they're towering titans whose stats make them nigh untouchable and their fury unstoppable.

Actually I don't think it has to do with knocking down Mewtwo a peg but rather having Lugia & Ho-Oh stand on an even level with it. If they were to knock Mewtwo down a peg, why wouldn't their Type have the two new Types which were meant to curb Psychic-types ("the new Type didn't fit their designs"; then why didn't they make new Legendary which fit the new Types?). Also, they use the exact same stat amounts as Mewtwo just distributed differently. Yes, it's a convenient stat spread to have already, but if their purpose was to knock down Mewtwo wouldn't them using it sort of signify that the only way to take down Mewtwo is to essentially make reskins of Mewtwo?

By having them use the same stat spread as well as having their highest stat being the counter stat to Mewtwo's, the message I get is that these Pokemon are EQUAL to Mewtwo. Mewtwo isn't just going to 1HKO them like most other Pokemon, but that doesn't mean it's not going to yield against them. Mewtwo is still gonna hit both pretty hard, especially if it uses a SE move: Mewtwo still gets Thunder/Thunderbolt (and Blizzard/Ice Beam for Lugia). Honestly Lugia is gonna have a pretty rough time as it's a defensive Pokemon and even with Shadow Ball it's not hitting Mewtwo any harder as some other fully evolved com mon. Ho-Oh however has a much better chance, especially since in Gen II Shadow Ball was a Physical Move which is Ho-Oh's second highest stat.

But the fact we're figuratively comparing how hard each of them will hit one other and how they'll stand against it proves my point. Against each other these Legendaries are equal, against a com mon they're towering titans whose stats make them nigh untouchable and their fury unstoppable.
On the "why didn't they make Legendaries for the types" point, I recall Lugia was essentially lifted from being a Movie-original design into GSC, which is one reason why its Trio-Master role with the Birds took until Gen 3 with Mystery Dungeon to be directly referenced by a game (rather than poked at like XD using Shadow Lugia + The Birds for the Final Boss). Lugia's status as a Psychic Type instead of the Water Type is also apparently attributed to making a "stronger impression" with it in the games, which means they were obviously willing to alter types to suit an impression more than total accuracy (you could probably find a way to justify Dark for Lugia given it lives on the Sea-Bottom and destroys shit if it's not careful).

Also I know the stat talk was a sort of "Doylist" answer about the stat spreads for Gameplay, but I want to discuss potential world-meaning. My nerd opinion on the stat spreads is down to a difference in the mons roles in the world space. Ho-Oh and Lugia are sort of Guardian Pokemon, Trio Masters with mystical powers over life or meant to quell and keep-under-control some highly dangerous established Legendaries, respectively. The greater emphasis on their SpD reflects a sort of spiritual/abstract resilience among fairly unique specimens with a place in the world/mythology. In comparison, Mewtwo was either grown in a lab or experimented-offspring of Mew, who is a significantly less Powerful Pokemon if we take statlines at face value there. Mewtwo doesn't on paper have a place in the order of things, it was created in a lab to be a killing machine (or at least highly destructive and weaponized), so its stat spread reflects that hyper-optimization for sweeping. Something on that level of power doesn't occur naturally, but had to be strong enough to take on any opponent, including a really pissed off Rainbow Chicken/Fish Dragon that probably would object to razing the landscape for a Criminal Organization's benefit.

So the inverted response isn't Lugia & Ho-Oh being statted to suppress Mewtwo competitively, rather their reusing the exact spread in a different distribution demonstrates that Mewtwo, even with all the Gen 2 Psychic nerfs, is still an Uber Mon on the level of other Legends, even if it's no longer an unmatched force of science. They're there to demonstrate "this is why Mewtwo was a big deal: they were trying to make something THIS strong and could at best match it" given that an artificially optimized being would be a tricky place to start for Legendaries in lore going forward. Mewtwo may not have maintained its dominance going into Gen 5 or Gens 6-7 without its Megas, but overall it took mons slowly getting more hyper-optimized or personal mechanics (Arceus, Geomancy Xerneas, Primals, whatever the fuck Gen 8's Legends like Eternatus and Calyrex-S were) to push it away from A+ relevance despite receiving little in the way of buffs besides a decent Signature move in Gen 5 and Megas that competed for spots in 6-7.

So the inverted response isn't Lugia & Ho-Oh being statted to suppress Mewtwo competitively, rather their reusing the exact spread in a different distribution demonstrates that Mewtwo, even with all the Gen 2 Psychic nerfs, is still an Uber Mon on the level of other Legends, even if it's no longer an unmatched force of science. They're there to demonstrate "this is why Mewtwo was a big deal: they were trying to make something THIS strong and could at best match it" given that an artificially optimized being would be a tricky place to start for Legendaries in lore going forward. Mewtwo may not have maintained its dominance going into Gen 5 or Gens 6-7 without its Megas, but overall it took mons slowly getting more hyper-optimized or personal mechanics (Arceus, Geomancy Xerneas, Primals, whatever the fuck Gen 8's Legends like Eternatus and Calyrex-S were) to push it away from A+ relevance despite receiving little in the way of buffs besides a decent Signature move in Gen 5 and Megas that competed for spots in 6-7.
While there's obviously stronger abilities and such going on, it's still rare to have a raw attacking stat above 150 without any strings attached. It either requires being a super form that eats the item slot (e.g. :groudon-primal::heracross-mega:), a super form of an offensively inclined legendary(e.g. :kyurem-white::hoopa-unbound:, or having a concept built around high offense with a clear drawback (e.g. :slaking::deoxys-attack:). Mewtwo's 154 SpA on a base form with no stats below 90 or harmful abilities is still exceptional. Pretty much the only other thing in that group would be Xurkitree, though it still contends with all non-SpA stats being in the 70-90 range.

While there's obviously stronger abilities and such going on, it's still rare to have a raw attacking stat above 150 without any strings attached. It either requires being a super form that eats the item slot (e.g. :groudon-primal::heracross-mega:), a super form of an offensively inclined legendary(e.g. :kyurem-white::hoopa-unbound:, or having a concept built around high offense with a clear drawback (e.g. :slaking::deoxys-attack:). Mewtwo's 154 SpA on a base form with no stats below 90 or harmful abilities is still exceptional. Pretty much the only other thing in that group would be Xurkitree, though it still contends with all non-SpA stats being in the 70-90 range.
One might argue Xurkitree falls (to a less extreme degree) under the 3rd category you listed, being that I think it's flat out impossible to boost anything besides its SpA with Beast Boost (similar to Proto-Speed Brute Bonnet being impossible) in that case. And even the rule you noted doesn't QUITE encompass things since we have had some Super-Forms see nerfs like Zacian-C.

Might amend the 2nd scenario to just "super form" since Palafin is a thing now.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Why is there no orange in the Pokedex color listings?
Same reason why Green sometimes contain Pokemon you would consider Blue. In Japan, China, and other Asian countries they traditionally considered some colors we (the west) considered distinct as shades of another color. Blue was a shade of green, and likewise orange was looked as either a shade of red or yellow depending on how dark or light it was. It's not that they didn't have names for the color nor would ever be confused between them (the "blue" Pokemon that are categorized as Green are on the teal-ish side, we see it as leaning blue but Japan sees it as more leaning green). Though, even today, many Japanese people would go-to using "orenji" to describe the color orange, it being a transliteration of the English word "orange" so is a loan word.

I found these Wikipedia pages and articles about colors in Japan that go into a bit more detail:

Same reason why Green sometimes contain Pokemon you would consider Blue. In Japan, China, and other Asian countries they traditionally considered some colors we (the west) considered distinct as shades of another color. Blue was a shade of green, and likewise orange was looked as either a shade of red or yellow depending on how dark or light it was. It's not that they didn't have names for the color nor would ever be confused between them (the "blue" Pokemon that are categorized as Green are on the teal-ish side, we see it as leaning blue but Japan sees it as more leaning green). Though, even today, many Japanese people would go-to using "orenji" to describe the color orange, it being a transliteration of the English word "orange" so is a loan word.

I found these Wikipedia pages and articles about colors in Japan that go into a bit more detail:
What I find interesting is that "the West" didn't have a name for the color until the orange(fruit) began being imported, then we mistranslated the name repeatedly to get Orange, then we started calling things that were yellow-red Orange because they resembled the fruit.

Which would just be fun, except oranges come from China. We did all that to get a name for the color, but Japan, which is significantly closer to China than, say, England, did not.

Naoki Saito is an artist that has worked for the Pokemon company since HGSS, and has done numerous works for various Pokemon media
9c72fa372f884e3599c0aa1395547fe2.jpg
26eb45ca4bf34670d329ff953cb42f41.jpg
e7b928aea9db6bcca52443475921e483.jpg
787ecca4106e8ff3aec9ce879c3fe842.jpg

Included in his work is a series of artwork based on popular trainers that actually got released outside of Japan as merchandise in the Pokemon Center site.
P8545_710-95586_01.jpg
P8543_741-95350_01.jpg
unnamed.jpg
I own this shirt.

However, there is a strong chance this series is based off of an older work of his done personally that's not from a request from Pokemon, mostly indicated by certain female trainers.
e26cee3f23095dccb0cb5710f8f6ca9ed036921d.png
de952c13dbdd6943fa83fba739bff4aa.png

Included are older drafts of the art with the trainers wearing personal undergarments, meaning there is semi-official art of popular trainers in their underwear.
Screenshot 2023-05-12 083433.png
99e1a39cf870322f9bb3bf7e0030b243.png

Not included is Matt from Team Aqua wearing a fundoshi and Steven Stone in a tasteful nude
tl;dr I'm cursed with the knowledge a shirt I wear in public is based on risque artwork by an official Pokemon artist.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Naoki Saito is an artist that has worked for the Pokemon company since HGSS, and has done numerous works for various Pokemon media

However, there is a strong chance this series is based off of an older work of his done personally and not from a request from Pokemon, mostly indicated by certain female trainers.

tl;dr I'm cursed with the knowledge a shirt I wear in public is based on risque artwork by an official Pokemon artist.
Sir! I am shocked you're making such allegations. Suggesting that Pokemon would hire an artist who's involved with indecent drawings. Now if you excuse me I was in the middle of rereading The Electric Tales of Pikachu manga. It too has wonderful art, that Toshihiro Ono is too a class act, I wonder what other series he had worked on...

imagine rolling up to the tcg tournament and your opponent beats your ass with the ed sheeran vmax. i think i would quit there and then
Don't worry, I believe these cards are jumbo cards so they're not tourney legal.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)