My take on MISSINGNO. in competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red/Blue MISSINGNO is a glass cannon, but it's a lot more glass than cannon. It knows sky attack, which could be good with its attack stat of 136, but its base HP stat of 33, special of 6, and defense stat of ZERO certainly aren't letting it survive two turns. Even if it uses something else, a speed stat of 29 doesn't help. The only way it deals damage is if the opponent uses a status or stat improving move, allowing it to attack, or if you have focus sash. It has a decent TM movepool, learning a few good moves, (check https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/MissingNo.#Normal_Red_and_Blue_form_2 ) but that's about it. However, Yellow Version's MISSINGNO is absolutely TERRIBLE. It has an great HP stat of 178, but a pitiful defense stat of 11, so it might be able to take a hit, but all its other stats are GARBAGE. R/B MISSINGNO can outspeed some things, like Ferrothorn, which has a speed stat of 20, but yellow MISSINGNO has a speed stat of flat ZERO. Your only chance at hitting a move is if it's status, if it doesn't kill, (HP stat of 178 helps with that), or, again, focus sash. Even if you manage to land a move, all 3 of yellow's moves are TERRIBLE. It can learn pay day, bind, and water gun. That's IT. No TMs at all. Just those three. That is all it gets. In addition to it's moves, it has an attack stat of 19, and a special stat of 23, so they won't even do good damage. It's useless. What do you think about MISSINGNO? Could it ever be good?

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi Trivinexity,

Welcome to the RBY forum! I’m glad you’re enthusiastic about contributing to the forum. Please do note that we ask for new threads to be approved by forum moderators (you should be able to see a list of who moderates each forum at the top). A question like this might better fit in the Simple Question, Simple Answer thread, or, given that Missingno. would be banned in most formats, it might also fit well in the RBY Anything Goes hub. I’m going to lock this thread but I hope you enjoy the forum and ask questions like this in those spaces!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)