My Starly Wifi Team

This was the team i used in the last round of the starly wifi tournament against Gin and Lost 2-0

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 Def/216 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Will-o-wisp
- Overheat
- Air Slash

My favorite of the Legendary Birds. Counters and OHKO's a majority of leads. U-turn for scouting and Wow for starters like gyarados who gets crippled by a fast burn. Overheat does massive damage and Air Slash is effective late game. Only problem is overheat's tendency to miss and its big weakness to SR

---

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 204 HP/36 Spd/96 SAtk/172 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

Sets up Toxic Spikes, spins away other spikes and even absorbs Toxic Spikes. Also functions as a special wall

---

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Physical Pert. Sets up SR and walls a number of physical attackers. Counters gyarados with Stone Edge
---

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Late game sweeper. Yache berry allows me to take down Starmies and other bulky waters. Fire Fang for Bronzong and Skarm. Not much to say here
---

Shaymin @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest
- Psychic

An absolute Monster. Seed Flare allows it to take down almost everything in the game. Psychic and Hp Fire because it dosent get much else. Rest to heal off damage and use natural cure to wake up. Also a Status ABsorber
---

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 232 HP/252 Atk/24 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Standard SD QA Scizor. Roost lets it survive longer and set up more SD's. Extremely effective late game.
---

As you see i need a lot of help with this team. Go ahead and bash me and give me all the advice you can give. Im open to all suggestions. Also please give me examples to fix my problems.

1. I think maybe you should swap the position of your Moltres. Maybe swap it with your Garchomp.

2. One of your weaknesses is Ice and Grass moves. Try adding another pokemon, along with Moltres, that can own them.

3. Try another Special Defence wall. You can also try Sweepers if you like to attack than defend.

4. In my opinon, a MixApe would easily own this team (if it had a expert belt). Moltres would probably your best against it, and maybe Tentecrul.

im not much on rating teams but i think it would be better to use heatran instead of moltres

1.heatran has better overall stats except for attak and speed but moltress isnt using attak and scarftran is speedy and can make up for it
2.heatran comes in and gets his fire attacks boosted by absorbing fire attacks targeting shaymin and scizor also takes ice attacks well

if you dont replace moltres with heatran consider replacing a diff poke for him/her/it

overall i like the team it covers each other's weakness's i think heatran will do it better though except that its 4x weakness to ground thats the only downside to heatran i hate

I like this team, except I don't really feel cohesion when I look at it.

You have a massive Ice weakness, and a more minor grass.

I would like to see something that breaks walls, or at least scares/forces them into switching to make sure that Toxic gets activated.

The Pokemon are all pretty solid on their own...
I just don't feel a rythem.

Good points:

Moltres is an excellent scouter, with U-turn, WoW, and Flying.
Flying prevents you getting screwed by the Dugtrio Opener w/ Arena Trap. (Heatran would get owned by that)

I also love Tentacruel, who walls and supports very nicely.

Swampert has good coverage and will survive well enough to support with Stealth Rock.
Doesn't really stand out to me.

Fun Garchomp, no comments to speak of.

Godly Shaymin, especially with HP fire (hows the damage..?)
Epic.

Scizor is a massive tank...
4x fire weakness, but not really a problem as other pokes can swap in to cover you there.
Only pokemon on your team to cover Psychics.

Overall, it seems to be a very solid team.
I echo the MixApe comment, though.
Unless your walls feel very sturdy, that is.

EDIT: Actually, I might swap Swampert for a standard Blissey w/ Stealth Rocks, Softboiled, etc, except swap T-wave for Counter.
with that set, make sure you max HP, and give it enough Def to withstand something major (Hera CloseCombat, etc)

Somewhat Mixape weak, you should maybe add a Cresselia,though Tenta and Moltres do an OK job. Calm Cressy would also help against Specsmence who ohkos your whole team. Something like Hippowdown could really hurt because it can set up rocks and EQ Tentacruel, then you'll have no spinner.

Also ScarfGar can cause some problems. It out speeds your entire team and 2HKOS most of your team. Swampert isn't as bulky as he was ADV so maybe Slowbro or Milotic can work in it's place since both have instant recovery and help your Infernape problem.

On Moltres I would move the Def stats to either Hp or SP.D to help it survive random Thunderbolts better. Make sure your Moltres Ivs/Evs allow it to have an odd HP stat at Level 100 so it can survive two rounds of SR without dying.

Anyway with a the addition of of a sturdy SP wall, this team should be fine.

before we start, including your team in a giveaway was a brilliant idea, so props. anyways, here's my rate.

as it is, it just doesn't look like tentacruel cuts it as a special wall. for instance, scarfed azelf has fun with your team, hitting hard with STAB psychic, flamethrower, and hp ice. np azelf, once moltres is gone, sweeps your team the first chance it gets. togekiss, np or not, can easily roost off whatever damage cruel gives while air slashing it to death or setting up, while the rest of your team doesn't particularly enjoy it. scarfkiss gives you equally large problems, though cruel can handle that a little better. in general, tentacruel doesn't look like he can handle special threats well enough, considering he doesn't even have recovery. but he's your spinner, and there aren't any better special wallish spinners than tenta, which means you may not end up with a spinner, meaning that moltres will probably have to go as well, unfortunately. I could see a resttalking snorlax with body slam and pursuit go in the place of tenta, who helps to rid you of your problems with many pokemon weak to pursuit like non-mix azelf and gengar. The set is

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Careful
Ev's: 252 special defense, 232 hp, 24 attack
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Pursuit
~ Body Slam

what's nice about this is it also helps to (kinda) spread paralysis, which gives scizor an easier time and allows him to pick between his STABs more often rather than QA all the time. This helps you keep the fire and ice resistances that you need while giving you a much more functional special wall. also, this gives you a good sleep absorber (unfortunately for shaymin, he's just about the worst thing to absorb sleep, as when you switch, sleep clause is back up) and another status absorber to complement shaymin. unfortunately for moltres, the sr weak makes me kinda want to see him go.

over moltres, a scarfzelf of your own could do nicely, hitting with big damage to the enemies and still taking advantage of the scouting abilities of u-turn. while it's weak to pursuiters, it makes a good lead against just about everything else. as far as gyarados goes, STAB psychic twice for the kill. you take no damage if they dance. tyranitar, the most common pursuit lead, dies to hp fighting, which you unfortunately need over grass knot if you don't want to die to t-tar. if you don't have hp fighting on a rash azelf, grass knot cripples t-tar, which is good I guess. you could always switch hoping that they crunch too I guess. the set is

Azelf @ Choice scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Rash
Ev's: 220 speed, 36 attack, 252 special attack
~ U-turn
~ Psychic
~ Hidden Power: Fighting
~ Flamethrower

at this point, you've got garchomp and scizor, who do practically the same thing. after a bunch of deliberation, I think that the mixape problem (on my version of the team) is too big, and moltres wants in again. so I'm thinking ditch the rain and just go with a spinner. incase you feel differently, I'm leaving up the rain set, but I really think you should go with spinner tops, who can still hurt the flying pokemon who beat out scizor so nicely. you don't have that rain anymore, but that's okay.

Kabutops @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
Nature: Adamant
Ev': 44 hp, 168 attack, 192 special defense, 104 speed
~ Rapid Pin
~ Stealth Rock
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge / Rock Slide

Kabutops @ life orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Ev's: 252 attack, 232 speed, 24 hp
~ Rain Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge / Rock Slide (up to you)
~ Aerial Ace

now, you neeed a better physical "wall" than snorlax if you intend to rely on him rather than resistances to wall stuff. I'm looking at slowbro, who helps you against gyara and chomp and stuff, and also gets recovery and is reliable against machamp. since kabutops sets out stealth rock, you don't really "need" that from swampy anymore, so going slowbro looks like a good idea. he gets recovery and deals with gyara a whole lot better. He also resists fighting, which helps for kabutops and snorlax. he makes a better special wall than swampert due to quick recovery. here's slowbro's set.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
Nature: Bold
Ev's: 212 hp, 252 defense, 44 special attack
~ Slack Off
~ Hidden Power: Electric
~ Ice Beam
~ Surf

this leaves you with a team of moltres, snorlax, slowbro, shaymin, kabutops, and scizor.

edit: what he has now isn't mixape weak at all, I don't know what you guys are thinking. tenta does just fine as a counter. anyways, the version I suggest now needs basically to figure out what kind of ape he is. if it's a mixape, moltres does fine as a counter, hittin with air slash. if it's a banded ape, you could run into some trouble, but slowbro does just fine against physical guys. I also don't see how anybody could think that they could ev a blissey to withstand a cb heracross close combat when infernape holding a life orb (considerably weaker attack stat) can ev itself to always OHKO the most defensive possible blissey. Hera and I lol.

all that lot have a couple of common weaknesses, that is mixape (can run flamethrower, HP ice, and grass knot) and starmie (can run similar typeage but water instead of fire). shaymin is totally walled by heatran (and that mixape could take advantage of Specs to jump in on a hidden power fire).

now moltres lead, in the current phase of zong lead spammage might be a good idea, but gyarados could be a lead and will'o'wisp is not that accurate a move ;) (hell even ninjask could be a problem with its BPing if those moves miss)

1) I love that moltres so it can stay
2) That tentacruel is walled by by milotic so maybe hidden power electric is in order.However then you are walled by grass types if you take out ice beam but if you don't take out ice beam and take out surf then you have no STAB moves.So its all up to personal preference there.
3)Great swampert
4)I don't like that garchomp though.Maybe switch it for a physical infernape or a physical flygon.
5)I like shaymin just watch out for random misses with seed flare.
6)Scizor is cool as well.
Overall a good team just watch out for the number of choice items you use.By the way specs mence would be locked into a move and once stealth rock is set up it won't like being switched in numerous times and being hit on the switch-in either.

My only suggestion is to throw HP Grass onto Moltres to deal with Swampert leads. They usually don't see it coming which is cool, and you can prevent SR from getting out by doing that.

For now Stathakis has the best rate BY FAR
The Moltres is the one in the Analysis named LEAD Moltres
Also even scarf heatran isnt very fast. Only hits 360's IIRC
Moltres also has the ability to scout and Shut down and weaken starters like hippowdon and gyarados. No to mention destroy Bronzong
I think i might change scizor to the Trapping set instead as Garchomp already covers the spot of late game sweeper
I mght think about snorlax as it might help me with a lot of problems.
Kabutops is a no because i thing opens just too many weakness.
I was actually thinking of using Slowbro but i thought Swampert had nice coverage and SR.
Also the garchomp is amazing. Although with testing, Shaymin ,Scizor and Moltres have been able to clean of the late game pretty nicely.
Also this is a wifi team and wow and uturn have nice utility so HP grass is not an option

by the looks of it, I kinda assumed you wanted your big 'ol lategame sweeper to be scizor, seeing how he's at the end and has a big picture. misunderstanding on my part. at this point, you're just not cutting it as far as walling, and I'm not sure how far resistances will go, when your bulkiest pokemon have no recovery. at this point, I'm not sure what to make suggestions from, the variant that I posted, or the one you have now. how the team goes all depends on what you do with it. but as far as the guy I posted, you could go with a spinning hitmontop over scizor (provided you use snorlax as the trapper), whose intimidate will help you switch in loads more than you may think. it also could make a nice switch in to weavile, helping ease the garchomp sweep.

as far as other stuff goes, I personally prefer the suicide chomp (180 sp. def ev's and a salac berry) over yachedance for the endsweeper, as that speed really helps

hmm after a bit of consideration, I was thinking i could Use Starmie or Donphan as my spinner seeing as it can function as a Physical Wall, Spinner, Phazer/SR, and Dragon counter

by the looks of it, I kinda assumed you wanted your big 'ol lategame sweeper to be scizor, seeing how he's at the end and has a big picture. misunderstanding on my part. at this point, you're just not cutting it as far as walling, and I'm not sure how far resistances will go, when your bulkiest pokemon have no recovery. at this point, I'm not sure what to make suggestions from, the variant that I posted, or the one you have now. how the team goes all depends on what you do with it. but as far as the guy I posted, you could go with a spinning hitmontop over scizor (provided you use snorlax as the trapper), whose intimidate will help you switch in loads more than you may think. it also could make a nice switch in to weavile, helping ease the garchomp sweep.

as far as other stuff goes, I personally prefer the suicide chomp (180 sp. def ev's and a salac berry) over yachedance for the endsweeper, as that speed really helps. and with donphan being scared stiff by stuff like shaymin, slowbro, and moltres (ice shard=lol, though you need to watch for stone edge) and weavile falling to what could be hitmontop and moltres, while mamo is scared of shaymin, moltres, slowbro, and hitmontop, you don't need to worry about priority too much if you bring him out lategame. the set is

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Ev's: 252 speed, 80 attack, 176 sp. defense
~ Swords Dance
~ Dragon Claw
~ Fire Fang
~ Earthquake

courtesy of Raikoulover. after some testing, I find it to be a much more potent endgame sweeper than sd yache chomp.
edit: how the fuck did I quote myself? donphan is good, but what would he go over? I guess you could go for something like moltres/donphan/garchomp/shaymin/snorlax/slowbro, but I personally think that either the technitian boosted priority (not to mention rapid spin) or the intimidates that top hands out would be better than anything starmie gives. donphan could help you out as far as SR and spinning as well as phazing go, but I'm not sure how well he'd ease a garchomp sweep.

What exactly does the set grant with its ev spread?
I mean does it allow guaranteed survival of Ice beam from just about anything?

it guarantees guaranteed survival of a 266 sp. attack ice beam (but it puts you into salac range) and a good chance of surviving anything under 300 while you 2hko the bulky water. the thread about it is here.

ok, let's rate this... XD
this is a very offensive team, with two choice itemers, you don't need the toxi spikes so you can put starmie (surf, tbolt, spin, recover) on tentacruel.
starmie frees the slot on swampert, so he can use surf/waterfall insetead of stone edge, for more damage on phisical walls...

jirachi on scizor will be more useful: the wish pokemon will help your team staying alive with wish passing.
wish could be very important to help moltres staying alive in case starmie dies.
jirachi can pass the wish to moltres very well: moltres resists the two jirachi's weaknesses, fire and ground and he also resists rock, the main moltres' weakness... so you can start a mini u-turn chain beetween moltres and jirachi, inflicting constant damage and escaping from rock and ground moves...
jirachi can also wish pass to swampert and chomp, because they resist fire and jirachi resists grass and ice moves
he can also set light screen to protect on the special side, the most vulnerable...
the team will be like this:
moltres
swampert
garchomp
shaymin

starmie@leftovers
nature: timid
evs: 160 hp, 132 satk, 216 spd
trait: natural cure
- thunderbolt
- rapid spin
- surf
- recover

jirachi@leftovers
nature: impish
evs: 240 hp, 56 atk, 76 def, 136 spd
trait: serene grace
- wish
- u-turn
- zen headbutt
- light screen

ok, let's rate this... XD
this is a very offensive team, with two choice itemers, you don't need the toxi spikes so you can put starmie (surf, tbolt, spin, recover) on tentacruel.
starmie frees the slot on swampert, so he can use surf/waterfall insetead of stone edge, for more damage on phisical walls...

jirachi on scizor will be more useful: the wish pokemon will help your team staying alive with wish passing.
wish could be very important to help moltres staying alive in case starmie dies.
jirachi can pass the wish to moltres very well: moltres resists the two jirachi's weaknesses, fire and ground and he also resists rock, the main moltres' weakness... so you can start a mini u-turn chain beetween moltres and jirachi, inflicting constant damage and escaping from rock and ground moves...
jirachi can also wish pass to swampert and chomp, because they resist fire and jirachi resists grass and ice moves
he can also set light screen to protect on the special side, the most vulnerable...
the team will be like this:
moltres
swampert
garchomp
shaymin

starmie@leftovers
nature: timid
evs: 160 hp, 132 satk, 216 spd
trait: natural cure
- thunderbolt
- rapid spin
- surf
- recover

jirachi@leftovers
nature: impish
evs: 240 hp, 56 atk, 76 def, 136 spd
trait: serene grace
- wish
- u-turn
- zen headbutt
- light screen
problem is, once you do that, you become super insanely azelf weak. he would outspeed every member of the team except moltres, and nobody would be able to stop him (nasty plot/psychic/flamethrower/grass knot @ life orb). and then every time specs azelf switches in, a pokemon dies

and then on the side of physical walling, all you have is swampert and jirachi, which is fine until you consider the fact that you're super weak to ddnite, ddmence, machamp, and friend. if you really want the whole spinner+wish passer thing going on, you're better off going with vappy to pass wishes and tentacruel spinning and stuff, though you still don't have the greatest special walling combo.

Actually after some careful thought. I think im going make the following changes.
Change Scizor to the Trapping set with Light Screen and change garchomp to suicide. I might replace swampert and tentracruel with Starmie and Cresselia/Mesprit who Stop a lot of things like mix ape and azelf cold
What do you guys think?

the suicide chomp + trapper scizor are good changes. I'm a bit skeptical about starmie+cressy/mesprit. it makes you very weak to yanmega, especially specsmega. those who can switch into bug buzz cannot switch into air slash. also, you have no spinner to take care of stealth rock for moltres. also, the new variation of the team has big problems with sub+cm mismagious, whose popularity is steadily growing. rather than starmie and cressy/mesprit, why don't you go with something like claydol/snorlax? you gain a very good spinner who happens to have recovery and can ve ev'd physically or mixed if you like, as well as a reliable sleep absorber and special wall? as it is then, I'm pretty sure it's better to go with reflect on scizor, cause if you manage to burn the big physical attackers and get reflect up, you already have a very sturdy specially defensive core (claydol/snorlax), and you won't be taking much from burned physical attacks with reflect up, so why not go reflect over light screen, to help your physical position (it needs more help than special.

:avatar2::avatar:
This was the team i used in the last round of the starly wifi tournament against Gin and Lost 2-0

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 Def/216 Spd/252 SAtk
- U-turn
- Will-o-wisp
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Air Slash

Try something with no side affects or high accuracy.

---

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 204 HP/36 Spd/96 SAtk/172 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam/Poison Jab
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

He IS a poison type you know.

---

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Physical Pert. Sets up SR and walls a number of physical attackers. Counters gyarados with Stone Edge
---

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Late game sweeper. Yache berry allows me to take down Starmies and other bulky waters. Fire Fang for Bronzong and Skarm. Not much to say here
---

Shaymin @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest
- Psychic

An absolute Monster. Seed Flare allows it to take down almost everything in the game. Psychic and Hp Fire because it dosent get much else. Rest to heal off damage and use natural cure to wake up. Also a Status ABsorber
---

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 232 HP/252 Atk/24 Def
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Iron Head helps.
---
Sorry if i'm wrong. I'm new at this D/P movesets and Defensive moveset:happybrain::justin2::kongler::chaos::doom::jump::justin::cloud:

Vendetta
Poisin does happen to be the crappiest attacking type in the game and its also physical which calm nature reduces
Scizor's point is to Quick attack so dont change its removing the point of the entire set.
Honestly i dont think you know enough about competitive battling to be rating teams.
Ugh Stathakis so much good advice. So much thinking to do

the way you're going, you can just about disregard what I said in earlier posts; I was just brainstorming, without really knowing the direction you wanted the team to go. as it is, the ideal set-up to me is moltres/scizor/garchomp/claydol/snorlax/shaymin

you have a slight weakness to ice attacks, but scizor does well against weavile / mamo and snorlax can switch fine into special ones without a problem. maybe you could even try a physical tanking scizor with roost (and still pursuit) to help against those physical ice guys. then again, you do have reflect and his stab is supereffective on the both of them, so you should be fine. goin' to bed, these are my current thoughts on what issues there may be with the team, even though I argued against myself and--

ahh screw it, I'll be here all night if I go on like this. I'll be taking some major looks tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)