ORAS UU My ream built around mega-beedrill, looking to improve.

Beedrill-Mega (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- Knock off
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Protect

My favourite pokemon since i saw him very first day when i was a kid. Used this guy with moves such as Hyper beam in gen1 and didnt even know half of the moves and what they do. Thanks to latest gen and mega evolves my favourite pokemon is now at the place he deserves :P So i decided to build a team around him like usual but this time as a competitive. Jolly 252speed 252atk and pretty startdart moveset. But i feel like i can change Drill-Run with something else. Didnt benefit from D-Run so far. Maybe Brickbreak or Knock off would be better idea.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD 252HP / 252Def / 4SpA
Calm Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

My Spinner, nothing else to say. Using 252spdef and 252def to minimize damage taken. Altough def/spdef + HP ev's could work better on some threaths i guess. Getting wish support from fellow teammate Umbreon this guy works fine so far in showdown. Coming in to take hit, if can; force foe to switch and toxic same turn -usually-. By the way, not to judge with this but he can even survive mega-ampharos tbolt. I'm thinking of going aqua jet+rest over scald+icebeam on this one since his job is to spin and stall. Another +1 move in team sounds good. Maybe replace this one with Relaxed curse-swampert?

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD 252HP / 252Def / 4SpA
Calm Bold Nature
- Haze
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes

My hazer and spiker, Without stab it may look bad but i didnt want to go sludge bomb over flamethrower beacuse sludge bomb sounds like more predictable and with flamethrower you can catch some people offguard. Forretress for example, trying to setup but getting OHKO from weezing is a nice suprise. About ev spread, same Def/Spdef split as Blastoise. Supporting them with Umbreon's wish. On this poke WoW and Toxic spikes dosent work together, i mean after setting up toxic spikes WoW becomes useless especially if Weezing OHKO foe's forretess with flamethrower. After that switch in to take hits and wear down things with flamethrower to give other sweepers chance to do their job.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

My Support girl and best looking eeveelution imho. Moveset says itself, Foulplay to punish incoming high attack threats as much as she can. While Wish passing to teammate especially and more often on blastoise & beedrill & weezing. Protect is good when you need wish yourself. Heal Bell also getting rid of enemy toxic and burns. Synchronize is working good with healbell while your opponent toxic/paralyz himself. Maybe different EV spread could've done better agaisnt physical threaths. But i must say im not good with choosing Wish-passers most of them are new-gen weird looking pokemons as far as i know. And dont want to use any legendaries beacuse im going to breed this team on my 3DS.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Ok, Instead of Umbreon im going to try this pretty lady Florges, i dont know much about her or her typing which is Fairy. But as Heatmor suggested this one would work better than umbreon for some threats i was having problem with. I hope this will work better for my team and keep the synergy up. Thanks for moveset nature and ev spread again :)

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD 252HP / 252Atk / 4SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

I dont like last gen pokemon much but this one caught me off-guard. Good typing allows me to use this guy after knocking down foe's fast (fire etc) pokes and set-up and sweep or die trying. While also helpful to come in normal/poison/fight type threats/attacks. Priority stab is good agaisnt wear-down chandelure but otherwise its quite posible to end up different. It's speed can be really problematic sometimes thats why im thinking to replace it with something faster.
252 SpA Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 228-270 (87.6 - 103.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

after sword dance on 2nd turn. Assuming it didnt get OHKO with 25% chance.

+2 252+ Atk Doublade Shadow Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 488-576 (186.9 - 220.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Download Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Discharge

My special fast sweeper, i guess its a standart set for him but i didnt had much time to use recover, i might change that move for more coverage on my team but this little fellow sweep late-game with tri-attack alone, Not sure what move to use instead recover anyway. Maybe i could use some other special attacker instead of this but this one works ok on showdown so far but im very open to suggestions on this since i dont like porygon much.

About weezing and blastoise i dont think they fit well here, tried SPDEF+intidimate arcanine/spdef painsplit ninetales instead of weezing but i cant get them work :(
I feel like i can make this team more dynamic if i use another guy with switch-in moves such as volt switch(?) but im not sure.

PS: I'm old guy and i like old pokes more than new ones not beacuse i dont follow new pokemons/gens but its just a feeling. U might already noticed except Doublade rest of my team is old as much as i am :D

Looking to improve my team, open to constructive criticism.

Last edited:
Thanks for reply and yes i already edit my post but i cant find anything else to add on these pokemons. I think im battling with same team for 2 days now except that replacement made (which i already typed above). I won most of the time but that alone dosent make my team good. Having problems with countering chandelure/entei/salamance without changing more than 2pokes in my current team.

Heatmor

Banned deucer.
Thanks for reply and yes i already edit my post but i cant find anything else to add on these pokemons. I think im battling with same team for 2 days now except that replacement made (which i already typed above). I won most of the time but that alone dosent make my team good. Having problems with countering chandelure/entei/salamance without changing more than 2pokes in my current team.
For Salamence, one thing I would suggest would be Florges.
Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there! So I think what makes this team less effective than it could be is the sets and spreads you've chosen for some of the pokemon. One thing to note is that running 252def+252spdef on a mon is almost always a redundant choice, so try to stay away from that. If you're investing EVs into bulk, make sure that you invest into HP before anything else! Now, here are the changes I would suggest to your team :

Beedrill-Mega (M) @ Beedrillite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- U-Protect

Your team actually deals pretty well with the threats that Drill Run would help with, so I believe Knock Off to be a way better option on Beedrill here. None of your other members have the move, so I think it would be quite the addition, as stripping a mon of its item could be insanely helpful at times.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

I think the moveset here is actually pretty ideal for non-mega blastoise. That Aqua Jet + Rest set doesn't sound too appealing :/. Anyways, the EV spread here is more ideal and provides for a better Entei Switch in! You've probably only been having a hard time with entei because of the absence of the HP EVs that are practically mandatory on Blastoise. Having this EV Spread, and Heal Bell + Wish on Umbreon will really help you out. Also something to keep in mind, you should set the IVs for any pure special attacker at zero. This will minimize the damage that you take from Foul Play.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes

Just a change in the EVs and IVs, just like Blastoise. This will maximize Weezing's potential as the physical wall that it should be.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Again, just a fix in EVs that should prove to be a lot more useful. Doublade is meant to be a physical tank, so investing its EVs in Special Defense instead of HP isn't the best choice :P.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Tri Attack
- Hyper Beam

OR

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Agility

So with Porygon-Z the changes become a bit more interesting. Firstly, you should definitely cross out Recover. The Modest nature is also redundant because there are things you would like to outspeed such as Heracross, Mamoswine, Chandelure, and so on which you could only do with a Timid nature. I find Life Orb to be redundant as well, so try one of the more common sets that are listed above. Personally, I would recommend trying the Nasty Plot/Agility set because it could prove to be more useful. Double Dance PZ could serve as an excellent wincon in the right moments, where it could set up either its speed or special attack depending on what you need. If you're lucky, maybe even both! The Choice specs set provides more immediate power but with all the ghosts that run around, I don't like being locked into one move with PZ. There's also the fact that Sableye can be a nuisance to your team and therefore, the Nasty Plot could prove to be a really good asset to your team!

As for the mons that you addressed as being troublesome to your team (Chandelure, Entei, Mence), I honestly don't see much of a problem.

For Chandelure, you have Umbreon which switches into it just fine but doesn't like to be tricked with a choice item (Though, after losing its choice item, Chandelure shouldn't be nearly as harmful against your team). Most Chandelures run either specs or scarf, so it shouldn't be too bad. You also have the option of switching into PZ on a predicted Shadow Ball. If you're ever in on PZ on a locked Shadow Ball, Chandy just becomes set up fodder!

Entei should be handled well with the combination of the correct Blastoise set listed above and Umbreon.

Mence shouldn't be much of a problem because of how well all of its sets are handled by Umbreon! All you have to do is keep Umbreon healthy and switch into Mence. Umbreon takes Special Mence without trouble, and can just kill physical Mence with Foul Play. It might take a pretty hard hit from Outrage if it switches in on the DD though. But yeah, just stay healthy and you should be fine.

I hope these changes make things a lot easier for you. Good luck with the team!

Thanks for suggestions guys, edited my team little bit, changed florges and umbreon and trying them now, i hope they will work better. Cheers.

if stoise is non mega...why is it not a tentacruel? (you can actually compress both weezing and stoise into a tentacruel slot and run offensive pivot whimsicott or something) this also lets you keep umbreon or shuffle it for another mon you actually like.

if you're running a choiced Pz at least run trick on it x.x. Dual dance is by far the "better" set though.

if stoise is non mega...why is it not a tentacruel? (you can actually compress both weezing and stoise into a tentacruel slot and run offensive pivot whimsicott or something) this also lets you keep umbreon or shuffle it for another mon you actually like.

if you're running a choiced Pz at least run trick on it x.x. Dual dance is by far the "better" set though.
I'm trying out different Porygon-Z's atm and that tentacruel idea looks good on paper (I assume RapidSpin+Toxic Spikes+Haze+Scald and Bold 252def/hp) but weezing is my ground check i dont know if its good without one. I can use flygon as an offensive pivot tho which is also ground immune and my favourite dragon type.

Thanks man, i'll give it a try :=)

You want to run enough speed on tenta for jolly base 80's

you also really want stealth rocks on any competitive team.

Odd as it sounds you may want to toss this on the back burner and run one of the UU sample teams/an old successful crawdawnt suspect team modified for the current meta untill you get used to newmons. It's way easier to gain experiance in the meta that way and you can keep track of sets you like/dislike along the way for when you come back to rebuild.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)