My OU Team

Don't really have a set lead for this team yet...

Talonflame No Item
Ability: Gale Wings
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/Speed 4 HP
-Acrobatics
-Flare Blitz
-Swords Dance
-Roost

Standard Talonflame set. Great revenge killer with Gale Wings, basically one of the best abilities in the game. If i can predict a switch or know i can take a hit i can set up a roost/swords dance with roost being priority as well. No item so acrobatics hits harder, jolly just for when i use flare blitz. One of the best Gen.6 pokes in my opinion, been working pretty well on my team.

Venusaur @Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature:Bold
EVs: 252 HP/SpD 4SpAtk
-Synthesis
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed
-Sludge Bomb

This thing basically walls everything except for a good STAB Psychic/Ice/Fire move, and even then the Fire and Ice moves won't OHKO. Thick Fat on Venusaur is so unfair but so fun to use. Synthesis for recovery when walling, leech seed for more recovery/good damage. Sludge Bomb for STAB/hopeful poison and Giga Drain for more recovery/STAB damage. Pretty standard Venusaur set but it gets the job done, this thing is a beast.

Azumarill Life Orb
Ability:Huge Power
Nature:Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/Atk 4 SpD
-Play Rough
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Superpower

Azumarill got a huge boost this Gen. Huge Power is a crazy good ability, mixed with my life orb this thing hits really hard. Aqua Jet for STAB priority, which is so so good with this thing. Waterfall for a more powerful STAB if i know I'm safe or Aqua Jet can't get the job done. Play Rough for STAB, great dragon counter. Superpower for power and coverage. Overall this thing is a beast and has performed well.

Umbreon Leftovers
Ability:Synchronize
Nature:Careful
EVs: 252 HP/SpD 4 SpD
-Toxic
-Foul Play
-Moonlight
-Confuse Ray

Absolutely amazing special wall. This thing makes almost every special attacker look silly. Confuse Ray is primarily for pokemon trying to set up and sometimes just last resort. Foul Play for STAB and people trying to set up a swords/dragon dance. Moonlight for recovery along with the leftovers. Toxic for status spreading and stalling. Umbreon is probably my favorite pokemon at the moment. This thing can take a lot of hits and catches people off guard sometimes. Overall, love this thing on my team right now

Bisharp Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Nature:Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk 200 HP 56 Speed
-Sucker Punch
-Swords Dance
-Knock Off
-Power Up Punch

Bisharp has emerged as one of my favorite competitive pokemon. Its crazy high attack stat, matched with its ability, and sucker punch is down right scary. Lum Berry is there for lack of a better item really, but does come in handy a lot when pokemon are trying to burn it. Its ability can be huge, as all i have to do is switch in on a sticky web and get a 2x attack boost, then use sucker punch. Swords Dance is for even higher attack, Knock Off is STAB and an attempt to derail item-reliable pokemon. Power Up Punch for coverage and another attack boost. With a couple boosts up, this thing's attack is scary high, and sucker punch makes it an absolute nightmare for opponents.

Starmie @Wacan Berry
Ability:Natural Cure
Nature:Timid
EVs: 252 SpAtk/Speed 4SpD
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Scald
Rapid Spin

Gotta have a spinner with Talonflame on my team. Starmie is very fast obviously which is good, and has a great move pool. The Wacan Berry is there and comes in handy because i can usually take a thunderbolt STAB with it which is an element of surprise. Thunderbolt is for coverage, same with Ice Beam. Scald for STAB and hopefully a burn, Rapid Spin for obvious reasons. Overall not thrilled with Starmie but considering it's sole purpose of rapid spinning, it's done just fine.

Well thanks for reading, any suggestion is appreciated.

Just a quick note, your Umbreon set lists that his/her ev spread is 252 HP/SpD 4 SpD. Maybe you meant 252 HP and Def, and then 4 SpD?

Starmie is definitely replaceable, but it is always smart to have a special attacker somewhere on your team. I feel like you don't need Talonflame, Bisharp, AND Azumarill on your team, for they are all physical attackers. Dropping one of these for a special attacker would probably be a good bet, and if you switch out Talonflame, you won't really NEED a rapid spinner/defoger. However, what I would do would be to remove talonflame for a special attacker (Greninja, Alakazam, Gengar, etc... not sure if these are good for your team, but there are just so many to choose from haha). Then I would remove Starmie (unless you want to keep him/her as your special attacker) and add Mandibuzz for some physical bulk on your team. It also has access to the defog, which would allow you to get rid of hazards anyway. Only problem with Mandibuzz would be that it makes your team Dark type heavy, which really isn't the BIGGEST deal because Venasaur can take care of them. Either that or you could throw a Skarmory for the same reasons and even set up your own hazards. Skarmary just gives you an extra fire weakness after Venasaur, so there are drawbacks to both. You really have a few options.

I don't think power-up punch is too necessary on Bisharp, especially with both swords dance and Defiant. On turns you would use power-up punch, you should probably just go for the swords dance anyway because power-up punch wouldn't do much damage either way. I would replace it with Iron Head for that extra fairy coverage listed above.

Giga Drain, Synthesis, and Leech seed all seem redundant on Venasaur. Try switching one out for something else like protect or HP Fire for extra coverage, or, if you really want, you can just keep those there. Its up to you.

Umbreon might want to carry the wish instead of moonlight. Moonlight is a good recovery move, but wish utilizes Umbreon for more than it's currently worth. Let's say Venasuar needs to come in, but does not have enough health to heal up. Wish solves your problem. Confuse Ray and toxic seem somewhat redundant, so I would replace Confuse Ray specifically with either protect (to get that wish or just stall out for toxic damage), heal bell to further maximize that utility mentioned earlier, substitute to stall out in a different way, or Baton Pass to pass that wish or get that safe switch in.

Also, have you been testing out your team? Are there any common threats that you have trouble dealing with? It might be something to look at if you are looking into switching things up, but at the end of the day, its up to you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)