My Mono-Flying Homies (3rd Attempt)

Here's my first RMT, my most successful attempt at a Mono-Flying team for OU Monotype.

Drakette (Charizard) (F) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Will-O-Wisp

I needed a mega and a second Electric resistance, so why not Charizard? If I can get her in there cleanly, she's pretty darn effective. However, the 4x SR weakness had prevented me from doing so in the past. I don't usually get much of an opportunity to use Will-O-Wisp, so I was thinking of replacing it with Earthquake.

Metallica (Skarmory) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

The classic SR lead. It's phazing capabilities have proven to be extremely effective in deterring setup sweepers, and it very rarely fails to get those sneaky pebbles up. I really want to put Defog in there somewhere, but I'm not sure where, or if I even need to. I have yet to find problems with it, other than the obvious fact of being mutilated by any SE Special Attack.

Electronix (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dark Pulse

Ah, yes. My Special destroyer. If I can get this thing in cleanly, it sweeps teams. Its speed tier is perfect, and I needed something with a little more offensive prowess than Zapdos. I've been pretty happy with the coverage so far, but I feel like I can get something a little better than Dark Pulse. HP Ice has always been extremely helpful, as no one else on the team can take out other Flying-types. Is that a problem?

Slaughterer (Swellow) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- Protect
- U-turn

Classic wallbreaker. I used to use Staraptor, but it always had quite a bit of difficulty doing its job with its low Speed tier. With this thing, I have yet to have problems with it. I mean, it can't exactly hit Rocks or Steels, and Ghost-types can be sort of painful... But other than that, it does its job every time. This might be a minor nitpick, but would Flame Orb be better? And do I have a place for Fling?

Gale Storm (Talonflame) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame. What more can I say? I saw the Sash/Acrobatics technique from a friend of mine, and it's worked... Terribly. Unless it's STAB and SE, it never brings him down to 1 HP. I've tried using Weakness Policy, but then I always get OHKOed. Should I go back to Brave Bird? If so, what boosting item do I use? And should I exchange WoW for anything?

Vultura (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

This is the newest addition to my team, replacing Togekiss. Paraflinch was not helping my rep, and it just wasn't doing its job as a Defogger. So now, I use Mandibuzz. It may seem odd, being specially defensive, but it's quite effective. It complements Skarmory well, allowing for pebbles to be blown away while landing a Toxic and Foul Playing, providing for a clean playing field for Skarmory. I needed a solid special tank, and this has done its job well. Suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)