SV OU My first team

Here is my team: https://pokepast.es/4c8f48baa460c7e8

This team is supposed to win as fast as possible. It is supposed to destroy setters. Also I do not pivot that much with this team. FYI I am using showdown recommended Evs. I want to keep my team as offensive as possible. I know it is missing a defensive core, but I don’t like defense.

Dragapult is one of the sweepers on my team, the physical part of it ruined its sweeping capabilities a little. I have it as a physical dragapult so I can dragon dance and eventually sweep. Unfortunately I can not get it to dragon dance in a game, because there are so many checks. I have tera fire and fire blast to attack gholdengo and kingambit. Dragon darts because, dragon darts and Phantom Force so I can have a ghost type physical attack. I need help knowing what SpA build I should run on Dragapult with a fire move that can still sweep.

Rillaboom is my Wall breaker and terrain setter. Grassy glide can break toxapex and does decent on Corviknight. It sets up grassy terrain for Sneazel to sweep. U-turn and knock off were added because I went to smog on sets. Rillaboom also has grassy Gide but I do not understand the Point of it because it does not seem to generate much offense besides being a priority move. It’s EVs were the recommended EVs.

Sneazler is one of my strongest sweepers, but it needs time to set up with swords dance and the terrain. Tera Flying for very strong acro. IDK why Dire claw is there. Do you think I should use Sneazler or Hawlucha? It is also a poison mon so it can remove poison spikes. The Evs are standard Evs. I have this Pokémon for even extra sweeping so I can constantly pressure my opponent with a different sweep.

Iron Valiant is a revenge killer who also is meant to check Zamazenta. I can basically trick my teams biggest threats and it does a lot of damage. Against Zamazenta I usually trick. I don’t think my Tera is good, but I do not know which Tera I should pick. It also helps Kingambit against tanks and stalls. I wanted more backup for my physical attackers so that they could get past Defensive Walls.

Kingambit cleans the game for me and Tera steel helps me counter fairy mons, which in my opinion are over powered. It is a typical Kingambit set. I usually use it to end games or counter sweep Dragonite E speed. I have ballon for protection against ground. It makes him one of my pivot mons that I can safely switch in to. It helps me defeat opponents Dragapults and Gholdengos.

Sandy Shocks is my sweeper and my go to starter. He basically checks most of the meta and deals massive damage. He also checks Glissor with Tera Ice Tera Blast. He destroys most of the set up Pokémon, ex: Glimmora, Glissor, etc. He is here to chip at the team at the start of the game. He also has stealth rocks to even the hazard game, it is not likely that the opposing team will be able to set up enough layers, but it sometimes does.

Last edited:
Ayo, I'm going to rate this team. May I ask what direction you want to take this team in? Do you wanna go the Grassy Terrain route or the Standard HO route. I'm asking this because its a bit unclear which direction you are going in (only having 1 grassy abuser).
Ho without the leadmon.

Ho without the leadmon.
Here is my team V2: https://pokepast.es/84b31bd160840316
P.S.: I have trouble with web teams.
Sandy Shocks @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 210 SpA / 46 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tera Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
Sandyshocks is my lead mon, he destroys most of the lead and if you don’t want to save Tera for the late game you can surprise the Gliscors with Tera Ice Tera Blast. Tera Ice can also be used as a resist for grass, ice, and water. I like sandy Shocks on my team because he checks a lot of the meta (currently). Most times he is stronger and faster against the whole opponents team! I use stealth rock as a hazard after I kill enemies lead. The enemy is usually only able to get one hazard out, if there is only one hazard Mon. Less Special Attack for booster energy speed.
Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Rillaboom is my wall breaker. He uses wooden hammer to break many speed tanks and does decent damage to def tanks. Choice band for extra damage. U-turn for chip. Knick off for predicting switches or ghost types. Grassy Glide because it is grassy glide. Tera grass to give Rillaboom an extra boost to its damage. Pretty normal Evs. I like how this Mon is strong and is a setup Pokémon for Sneasler.
Sneasler @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Dire Claw
- Acrobatics
Sneasler is one of my sweepers and can be saved for late game chip or clean. You guys probably already know what grassy seed unburden does, but because I want three lines, I will explain it anyways. Grassy seed increases Sneaslers defense so that it can possibly set up an SD. It also is used which helps with Unburden to give it a speed boost and acrobatics to deal more damage. I have dire claw to hit the Pokémon that Sneazler can not hit and pray for status. I also have Tera flying for STAB. IDK if I should have Encore (if it learns it), dire claw, or something else.
Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Tail
Dragapult is strong. I have it to sweep and to anti sweep, using Dragon Tail. It is a SpA so I added Dragon Tail to do damage also while hopefully putting the opponent in to stealth rocks. Idk if this is a wasted move spot but IDK what to replace it with. Life Orb because I do not like choice items, I know they are good, but I am bad at the game. Flamethrower to hit Gholdengo and Ingambit and Tera fire for the extra STAB.
Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 108 Atk / 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Destiny Bond

I love the versatility of this Pokémon, it can attack and special attack. When it is done it can also take its opponent down with it. I have Encore to bully sweepers or leads or tanks. It is a mixed attacker so I gave it attack and defense. I also have it, to take down Zamazenta with Tera Fairy. It is also supposed to use moonblast to break most def tanks. Close combat to break SpDef Tanks. It is my backup breaker with Rillaboom.

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Kowtow Cleave
- Swords Dance

My cleaner, should I have a low kick too? What should I replace it with? This is the standard kingambit set. I just wanted a Pokémon that could finish the game for me in the end. Black glasses because I have Tera flying. This is pretty much the normal OP kingambit. Also it can rely on Iron Valiant to break defensive mons. Should I use black glasses? Also another thing I need help with on this Mon is its EVs. Should I run speed instead of HP?

I would definitely recommend having some sort of hazard removal. Instead of Dragon tail on Dragapult you could go with u turn to help you pivot into something else (which is more common), also because it takes advantage of its great speed tier. Rillaboom is good for underspeeding the opponent when u turning but I think having D tail on pult just seems like a bit of a waste. Since you have tera fly on your Kingambit you could maybe experiment with Lum berry instead of black glasses? Makes it more safe into alot of things.

Alright, I'll be making some suggestions to your team. I had to redo this rate, because you posted V2. Sorry for the delay.

Changes:

Swap :sandy-shocks: for :cinderace: You mentioned you have having problems with Sticky Web, so being able to remove them as well as set them (now on other side) makes the Webs matchup easier. It also adds support vs Physical Attackers, which can help out vs things like Kingambit. It being a fast mon the entire game (not one time use like Booster-Energy). We are using a bulky set, 224 hp to give Cinderace some bulk, 252 speed and a Jolly nature to be as fast as possible, and the rest is poured into Atk.

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Court Change

Swap :dragapult: for :manaphy:. By your team, Dragapult looks like a setup sweeper. Manaphy is a far better setup sweeper on Grassy Terrain, as it fully abuses the Recovery from it while setting up its defences. 252 Hp to make Manaphy as bulky as possible on both sides, 252 Spe and a Jolly nature to be as fast as possible, notabally to speed tie offensive Zapdos.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Take Heart
- Acid Armor
- Scald
- Stored Power

Swap :iron-valiant: for :heatran:. You team is pretty weak to Rillaboom (mirror matchup) and Ribombee. Adding Heatran helps check both, as well making the Iron-Valiant matchup (no CC) easier as it can Encore all your setup and has good attacks into most of your team. Also, you can stop Ribomee pretty easy with killing with just a Magma Storm. Running the pretty standard defensive set, just with enough speed for Kingambit.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)