My first team (sandstorm team)

The battles I have used this team in have giving me decent results I seem to lose as much as I win with it.
So here it is

Skarmory
Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish nature
Hp252 Def 252 Spe 4
-Roar
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Roost
This will most likely be the pokemon I start with because it has SR. I realise this Skarmory doesn't have an attacking move but it still seems to work very well for me with the 4 moves it has. This is also my answer to dragon types as well which is why I have given it full physically defensive bulk.

Forretress
Leftovers
Sturdy
Relaxed nature
Hp 252 Def 252 SpD 4
-toxic spikes
-rapid spin
-volt switch
-gyro ball
This is the reason I decided to give my skarmory spikes instead of brave bird. Since he doesnt need spikes I could give Forretress a reliable stab in gyro ball and volt switch so I can get another pokemon in without taking any damage since he will almost always go last. I also made it a point to all 3 types of hazards in my team due to my experience with different types of entry hazards being useful for different teams e.g. toxic spikes for stall teams. I also realise that without any special defense investment he is weak to special attacks but I decided not to add any due to having blissey as a special wall.

Scizor
Life Orb
Technician
Adamant nature
Att 252 Spe 252 SpD 4
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Bug Bite
This is the main sweeper of my team. I realized my team needed a setup sweeper so I changed from a Choice Banded set to this. Bullet Punch is also one of the strongest priority attacks in the game which is another reason I chose him. I also realise that 3 of my Pokemon are weak to fire with 2 having a x4 weakness but the other 3 pokemon on my team are there to try and deal with them. This is also my answer to ferrothorn and skarmory with superpower which my other setup sweeper has trouble with.

Tyranitar
Lum Berry
Sandstorm
Jolly nature
Att 252 Spe 252 Hp 4
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
I chose this set for a few reason, 1 is that not many people use this set so it has a suprise factor, 2 After 1 DD he outruns max speed base 115 which means he can outrun things like Gengar Latios and Starmie 3 things that can usually beat TTar with a super effective hit and he isnt locked into that 1 move. Lum berry is to allow him to get atleast 1 dd up against something trying to para or burn him (which used to happen alot). He also resists fire and has a stab super effective hit against most fire types to help with my fire weakness (or earthquake).

Blissey
Leftovers
Natural Cure
Bold nature
Hp 252 Def 252 SpD 4
-Softboiled
-Flamethrower
-Toxic
-Charm
Everyone knows what blissey does but for me specifically it can take special fire electric ice dragon and water hits(specific for this team). Charm may seem weird but I do have a reason for it. only 1 pokemon in OU has clear body (Tentacruel runs rain dish) so my charm works on basically every pokemon in OU The idea is to switch Blissey into a pokemon that cant take it out so they switch into something that can and on the switch hit it with charm so even a Machamps DP become a 2-3 hit ko after the 1 charm and try force them to switch alot which means that with all 3 entry hazards it will benefit me a lot.

Flygon
Choice Scarf
Levitate
Jolly Nature
Att 252 Spe 252 Hp 4
-Outrage
-earthquake
-U-turn
-Stone Edge
This is usually my MVP believe it or not, he has a resistance to fire that 3 of my pokemon have a weakness for, hes also immune to electric so can switch in from Skarmory. he is weak to dragon and ice but Skarmory can take them both well physically and blissey specially he can also help take out any dragons due to him being faster than any dragon other than a Scarfed latios/as or jolly mence which ties. Edge/Quake usually get a super effective hit on fire types.

On a side note I realise this isnt really the idea of a rate my team but I would like opinions on me swapping Tyranitar for politoad, flygon for gyarados and forretress for Tentacruel, my team would work more or less exactly the same way but in the rain instead of sand. except for flygon swap an electric immunity for fighting resist. Thnx

Sayonara

don't forget
Hi, nice team! I find that having 3 Steel-types on a team is redundant. Forretress and Skarmory both accomplish the same things. Currently, you're pretty weak to Mixed Infernape. With Overheat, it cripples Skarmory, Scizor and Forretress, while Close Combat wrecks Tyranitar and Blissey. Flygon can't repeatedly switch-in safely either. To fix this problem, I'd recommend a Calm Mind Latias instead of Skarmory.

Latias provides a Fire and Fighting resist your team needed. I'd go with an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe with a Timid Nature, and a moveset of Calm Mind / Recover / Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power Fire with Leftovers as item. After a couple of Calm Mind boosts, taking her down is tough. Dragon Pulse is her main STAB, hitting hard after a few boosts. Hidden Power Fire helps her deal with Scizor and Ferrothorn, while Recover keeps her healthy.

Your team looks pretty weak to Gliscor, as it pretty much walls your entire team. That's why I would recommend a Hidden Power Ice Forretress. An EV spread of 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpA with a Bold Nature, along with a moveset of Hidden Power Ice / Stealth Rock / Rapid Spin / Volt Switch would suffice. Witht this EV spread, Forretress can 2HKO Gliscor, while the latter can't do much to Forretress. Just some thoughts. Good luck!

You are putting WAY to much relience on Blissey to take hits for you. Once it's dead, fire moves eat through half your team. Terakion, Conkeldurr and any other physical fighting pokemon will destroy Blissey and Tyranitar and with ice attacks being so prevalent, there goes Flygon. Your whole team will be Swept by Terrakion, any strong pokemon with a fire move, and almost any scarfed sweeper carrying HP ice or Ice beam, forget about if they have Ice Shard. Thats 3 of your opponents 6 pokemon. First thing you need to do is replace a steel type, toss Skarmory. I would say replace it with Slowbro

Slowbro @Leftovers
Ability:Regenerator
Nature:Bold
EVs:248hp/244def/16SpA
Move:Scald
Move:Psyshock/Fire Blast
Move:Slack Off
Move:Thunder wave/Toxic
This will give you a much needed Fire and Fighting resist while giving you water offensive coverage. Slack off and Regenerator will more then negate sandstorm damage.

Next, I would really recomend replacing Blissey because you don't want your special wall being weak to the same stuff that Tyranitar and Forretress are weak to. Especially with Terakion and other powerful fighting types lurking around the OU metagame. Trying to think of one, but my go to wall Amoonguss, is also weak to fire. If one comes to mind, I'll tell you.

Thnx for the advice on tossing Skarmory for something that can take fire and fighting attacks, I will tryout Latias and Slowbro and the hp ice for gliscor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)