My First RMT

This is my first RMT. I'm trying to build a non-weather semi-stall team which utilizes phazing and forcing switches trying to rack up damage thru stealth rock/spikes.

I'm playing in-game pokemon since I was a kid and just some months ago I got interested in competitive battling. It was hard the first time as I was using a noobish flash fire ninetails at first, but progressively improving each days that have passed. I have been playing this team in PO for some time and was successful at times. Please rate it accordingly and any suggestions/comments/flames is appreciated cuz I know it will make me a better player.

The names are based on my favorite NBA team: the Oklahoma City Thunders. Below is my Mythical 6:

Nick Collison aka "Deoxys-S" @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 100 HP / 48 Atk / 252 SpD / 108 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -Spa)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Superpower
This guy is the best lead and does his job efficiently: to lay down SR and at least a layer of spikes. Superpower is for tyra-leads and neutral coverage for ninetails and politoed.
EDIT: added Atk EVs to ohko specially defensive tyra and Spe EVs to out-Taunt other Deo-S

James Harden aka "Milotic" @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 18 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Scald
My all-time poke and he never fails me. One of the most durable pokes but can fill other roles such as phazer and stall-sweep. I've have chosen this set over the Recover set because 1) to maximize Marvel Scale, and 2) once he switch in, he will be there for a long time except when a spinner shows up. Once he's done, it's usually gg for my part. His weaknesses are only grass (only used by ferro nowadays) and electric (thunderbolt/thunder though is 2hko, also noticed that tb is 3hko from gengar) and all other unboosted attacks are at least 3hko, which is perfect for a resttalking set.

Kendrick Perkins aka "Gengar" @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Tmid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Substitute
My replacement for Dusclops (*sobs*). Again, he's here for spinblocking to preserve SR/spikes. The glue of the team as he's vital in both phases of my strategy. The two attacking moves provide perfect coverage and pain split/sub/LO coordinates very well. After some testing, he's a better poke against spinners than Dusclops (*sobs*) for this team. Previous set of Duclops (*sobs*) as hidden below. I miss Dusclops (*sobs*)...lol

Kendrick Perkins aka "Dusclops" @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 178 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Night Shade
- Pain Split
- Ice Beam
He's here for spinblock as SR/spikes are vital in my strategy. Wow to neutralize physical sweepers and night shade for damage. Pain split is perfect for him as he has low hp and ice beam is a surpise move which can 2hko pokes who are 4x weak to it.

Russell Westbrook aka "Latios" @ Life orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psychic
- HP Fire
My coverage attacker, usually doesn't last long but will leave the other team with big holes. He's the who usually comes out first when phase 2 begins and will try to kill those who he currently faces thru the coverage moves.
Considerations:
1) Replace Psychic with Ice Beam (my team has no ice attack)
2) Replace Latios with ScarfTrick Rotom-W
3) Choice Specs over LO and apply run-and-gun strategy

Serge Ibaka aka "Tyranitar" @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sandstream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
He has two roles in this team: 1) At least neutralize other weather inducers and 2) sweep late game. This poke surpises many fast but weakened pokes who thinks they can kill him thru speed. Crunch is the main move late game while Pursuit is used for early pseudo-trap kills.

Kevin Durant aka "Scizor" @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower
The MVP and probably the greatest OU poke of all time. Great priority move, great scout and he can hurt anybody. Only shows up in phase two as a suprise poke. Bullet Punch is the main move and is perfect to kill foes after being weakened by the Milotic-SR/spikes combo.
EDIT: swapped EVs of HP and Spe for better survivability end-game with priority BP as the main move

One good thing about this team is it's not weak to stealth rock/spikes as this is designed to minimize switches within the team (except when scizor uses his u-turn).

The general strategy has two phases:
Phase 1 (Phazing): Priority of Deo-S is to lay down stealth rock and multiple spikes if possible. If he faints, in comes Milotic and try to stay there for a long time doing the following: phaze, burn and damage. Gengar is there to spin block and try to beat spinners one-on-one. Tyranitar will just show-up to cancel weathers. Also, other members will show either for early kill or to force switches and Phase 2 will start once Milotic faints.
Phase 2 (Kill!): Latios and/or Scizor will show up their faces and will do an all-out attack based on weaknesses of the pokes who will show-up. Tyranitar is there to clean-up.

Main weakness that I see for now are weather sweepers and substitute set-up pokes. Also Rotom-W with Trick really messes up Milotic.

That's it! Thanks for your rating!!

i dont think dusclops is a good option longterm - his role only really fits in specific teams and this isnt one of them, as he needs wish and usually heal bell because he is so vulnerable to status. taking damage to sand, spikes, and sr (sand which is on your team) doesnt help either

to replace him and keep up some offensive tempo (milotic is what is plugging the holes right now anyway), why not try a substitute gengar with shadow ball and focus blast. the last slot can either be disable (leftovers needed) or pain split (life orb needed) - disable is probably a better option for killing stall but pain split really annoys those bulky pokemon that come close to killing you. gengar can beat many of the spinners dusclops did but just isnt dead weight many times which will be a huge help long-term

with this change, latios isn't really needed, as gengar is providing that hole ripping ability and you don't want to double up on a pursuit weakness that badly - so in order to deal with set upers and weather, why not try a scarf rotom-w with trick/volt switch/hydro pump/tbolt (or will o wisp over tbolt if you find it that important) - you can trick a lot of pokemon preparing to set up, and it gives you an excellent core of offensive wiith a volt switch rotom-w, cb scizor, and scarf pursuit ttar .. not much will be getting in free.

these should allow you to be a lot more flexible in your attacking but should also give you more of a defensive backbone through your offense.

i tried your suggestions yesterday and went 6-2 and some left when milotic started sleeptalking..got a problem though: in those 2 losses, my problem is when my milotic is rest talking then rotom-w comes tricking me with choice specs and a choice band the other and really messed my strategy...

and i miss dusclops though.. thanks a lot!

You should try running More hp than speed on your scizor. as a CBer you aren't usually trying to out speed things since more of the time you use bullet punch or the switch or they are naturally slower than you. 248 hp/252 atk/8 speed is usually enough speed, you can use more if you want but I seem to find speed not as important as health

You should try running More hp than speed on your scizor. as a CBer you aren't usually trying to out speed things since more of the time you use bullet punch or the switch or they are naturally slower than you. 248 hp/252 atk/8 speed is usually enough speed, you can use more if you want but I seem to find speed not as important as health
you're right. i noticed i only use bp late game..thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)