My First OU team!

I'm very new to OU so here's my team, ive been winning my first few matches but idk how good it'll be in higher ranks

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Tera Blast
- Substitute
- Giga Drain

I like serperior and like contrary so like uhh i picked it. Fairly normal contrary sweeper with substitute for survivability and giga drain for more survivability, also tera fire for coverage.
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

I like Gliscors playstyle and needed electric and ground immunity, tera steel for ice resistance and others, stealth rock for setup, toxic & substitute for stalling, and earthquake for an attacking move.
Great Tusk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Great tusk bc ppl told me i needed to have one lol, basic physical sweeper and both spin moves for utility, headlong rush for stab, and knock off bc i didnt have any other knock off pkmn.
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Tera Blast
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

Dragapult for oneshotting potential threats and other things that the rest of my team cant handle, draco for dmg, fire blast to deal with grass types and especially serperior quickly, shadow for other stab, and poison tera for fairy resistance.
Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Dragonite for priority and sweeping, tera normal & extreme speed for that priority dmg, dragon dance for setup sweep, earthquake and fire punch for coverage.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave

I realized i didn't have an answer for roaring moon so i picked clefable for a 2nd staller. tera steel for steel & poison immunity, unaware for setup sweepers, both screen types for stalling and to give a safe switch in for other pkmn, moonblast fro attacking, and thunderwave to shut down speedy threats.

serperior would be nice if you add glare and tera stellar, you would get some stellar results.

gliscor would be better if you use spikes, as its better in a metagame with boots on even 4x rock resists.

dragapult can run flamethrower for consistancy, but fire blast works too, tho you dont need tera blast, and all choiced pokemon should use a pivot move like u turn to be effective so you can gain momentum on predicted switches.

dragonite would like to remove either fire punch or earthquake, as there are better moves to run other than running both, i suggest removing one of them and add other better moves like roost, encore, ice spinner, outrage, etc.

choice scarf tusk is not a real set, use booster energy, a pokemon without setup moves is not a sweeper. (for booster energy speed you needa mess with some evs and stuff, try looking on the strategy dex for tusk sets.

your clefable set is not a roaring moon check, you need max physdef to do so. dual screens is better for mons like grimmsnarl, plus ur not using any recovery moves which is not cooking.

I do not know what kind of team are you trying to build, so i do not know what pokemon for you to change to others, but i do suggest looking at sample teams and adding kingambit. this team is not as stroke inducing as stuff like heal pulse in singles so id give you that, but i suggest looking up some samples. :kingambit: PS your team gets smoked by tera ground kyurem, so be careful around that too.

serperior would be nice if you add glare and tera stellar, you would get some stellar results.

gliscor would be better if you use spikes, as its better in a metagame with boots on even 4x rock resists.

dragapult can run flamethrower for consistancy, but fire blast works too, tho you dont need tera blast, and all choiced pokemon should use a pivot move like u turn to be effective so you can gain momentum on predicted switches.

dragonite would like to remove either fire punch or earthquake, as there are better moves to run other than running both, i suggest removing one of them and add other better moves like roost, encore, ice spinner, outrage, etc.

choice scarf tusk is not a real set, use booster energy, a pokemon without setup moves is not a sweeper. (for booster energy speed you needa mess with some evs and stuff, try looking on the strategy dex for tusk sets.

your clefable set is not a roaring moon check, you need max physdef to do so. dual screens is better for mons like grimmsnarl, plus ur not using any recovery moves which is not cooking.

I do not know what kind of team are you trying to build, so i do not know what pokemon for you to change to others, but i do suggest looking at sample teams and adding kingambit. this team is not as stroke inducing as stuff like heal pulse in singles so id give you that, but i suggest looking up some samples. :kingambit: PS your team gets smoked by tera ground kyurem, so be careful around that too.
Thank u so much! I guess I'm trying to build a balance team that can counter with most major threats in the tier, but it rly won't work if i dont know every pokemon in the tier lol but again thank you for the criticism!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)