Battle Stadium My first BSS team (and first time building)

Hi all, this is my first time building a BSS team and a team altogether, always played randoms in showdown and gen 3/4 at that, so I'm sure this has a lot of weaknesses but it has brought me to great ball 2 just by the sheer brokeness of flutter mane. I feel what I do worst is that I don't bring 6 pokemon that can all be mixed and matched depending on the oponent, but either bring two separate teams of 3 (sun team with torkoal, flutter mane and roaring moon; second team with meowscarada, tinkaton and baxcalibur).

1678802605000.png

Torkoal @ Eject Pack
Ability: Drought
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Stealth Rock
- Solar Beam
- Clear Smog

Mainly just a sun setter. I usually open with it, overheat and swap into either flutter mane or roaring moon to take advantage of it, if I'm against something that doesn't threaten it (usually physical attackers without a super effective move) I set rocks and then overheat. I can consistently pull off a switch in later in the game to set up sun a second time, so I haven't found the need for heat rock, but I do think this is the worst part of my first team, it's just way too pasive and haven't been able to pull of a clear smog not even once (espartha has always used sub on it)

1678802563681.png

Flutter Mane @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Beam

This thing is great, most games hang up on it cleaning up or punching a hole into the opponents hit, evs maxed so it can outspeed almost everything (scarf iron bundle has caught me with my pants down), moonblast/shadow ball for stab, tbolt for waters (especially bulky ones like toxapex or the slow bros) and tera normal for opposing ghost types, especially since this is my main check for opposing flutter manes in this first team. I know hyper beam is dumb and I'd be better with mystical fire or psychic, but the dopamine high I get when closing out a game with it is reason enough for me for running it.

1678803213359.png

Roaring Moon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Tera Blast

EVs set up so speed is boosted with protosynthesis, tera fire for opposing fairys and tera blast for abusing fire under sun. I do miss having dark stab, it can come handy from time to time, but I think a big dumb move like outrage is good as well for when you know there's no fairy switch ins (and if there are you can just switch out). The problems I have with it are mainly two. I think it overlaps with flutter mane in its role of game closer, and eq and tera blast kinda overlap in coverage (mainly steels), but I think if I were to choose a pokemon to cut from the "main team" it would be this. I have tried cutting torkoal out and using this with max spdef, heat rock, sunny day and uturn and it sucked.

----------------------- "Second team" --------------------------

1678803571161.png

Meowscarada @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Play Rough

My game opener, but I'm dumb with choiced pokemon and usually trade 1-1 with my opponents opener so I don't really take that much advantage from it. I'll be honest, I saw people using it and it being high in the usage stats and just brought it, so I'm sure it's not really cohesive with the rest of my team. Knock off is nice but I feel games are so fast that I don't take enough advantage from the opposing pokemon not having an item, since they only last for a couple turns, knocking out a choice item is cool but usually trade meowscarada for it. Flower trick is the big dumb stab, play rough mainly for protean vs bad matchups and uturn because it's good, but since meowscarada is so frail I find it difficult to find opportunities for it to switch in and use it for momentum.

1678803969073.png

Tinkaton @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 132 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Tera Blast
- Gigaton Hammer
- Play Rough

This one I really enjoy using, it's just a freaking tank, this is my main answer to flutter mane when using the second team. Spdef EVed so it can live a sun boosted mystical fire from flutter mane iirc (maybe even with choice specs), then max HP and rest attack. I know it's kind of redundant with it's tera type, but sometimes I will choose to tera baxcalibur instead of it. I do find several tera fires though so water tera blast is really handy then. Play rough for dragons, gigaton hammer for fairies, fake out for free chip, scouting switches and breaking sashes.

1678804199453.png

Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 76 HP / 204 Atk / 100 Def / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Dragon Dance

My game closer, I don't remember why does it have this dumb of an EV spread, but I remember it EVing its speed so it outruns neutral non invested garchomp with now dragon dance (ice shard doesn't ohko) and wanting to have some defensive bulk to cover for tinkaton and the fact that it has to set up against something, so I though a physical attacker might be a good place to. Tera steel is defensive, my main gripe with this is that it really struggles (and the rest of my second team) with steels, so I might swap glaive rush for eq, ice shard is just way too good and icicle spear/dragon dance is the main reason I bring this.

That's all guys, please tear this one up if necessary, I'm really new into team building and didn't even know where to start, so it's probably really dumb alltogether. I found that I have no answer to calm mind/sub/stored power espartha, scarf iron bundle and struggle vs opposing flutter manes.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)