My Eighth Shoddy Battle Team. Please RMT!

Hi, its me, Dark Android. I got sick of the same old Pokemon, and ditched them for something new. This is a new offensive team that I cooked up about three days ago, and for the moment, the team is a major sucess. Without further stall, here is my team:

Anti-Fairy the Genderless Azelf
Ability: Levitate
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EV Spread: 40 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 216 Spd
-Psychic
-Nasty Plot
-Grass Knot
-Flamethrower

GrimReaper the Male Dusknoir
Ability: Pressure
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EV Spread: 252 HP, 180 Def, 76 Sp. Def
-Shadow Sneak
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp
-Ice Punch/ThunderPunch

Ice Knight the Male Weavile
Ability: Pressure
Item: Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
EV Spread: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
-Brick Break
-Pursuit

Kit Fisto the Male Swampert
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Impish
EV Spread: 240 HP, 16 Atk, 252 Def
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Avalanche
-Stealth Rock

Skywalker the Male Lucario
Ability: Steadfast
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EV Spread: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
-Close Combat
-Swords Dance
-ExtremeSpeed
-Crunch/Rock Slide

Judgment the Male Salamence
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
EV Spread: 120 HP, 252 Atk, 136 Spd
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Flamethrower

Team Overview:

This team is primarily offensive, and bases around dishing out as much damage as possible. Despite the fact that I have 2 walls, the main focus on this team are the four sweepers. Lets look at each guy at a glance:

Azelf: Azelf is my leadoff, as well as my special sweeper, who tries to sweep with Nasty Plot. Psychic fills the void of STAB, and with Life Orb and +2 Sp. Atk, it nearly 2KO’s a 688/306 Blissey, which is rare nowadays. Flamethrower hits most Steel types HARD, as well as a OHKO on Weavile. Grass Knot helps against Ground types as well as Tyranitar.

Dusknoir: One of my two “walls”. This bad boy can sponge hits reasonably and is the closest thing to a Fighting-type counter I have in my arsenal. Will-O-Wisp basically burns stuff, which is great against guys like T-Tar, Weavile, and Metagross. Pain Split is there because I need some sort of healing move, and I’m not using Rest. Shadow Sneak is for STAB and priority, as well as being super-effective on Gengar. Ice Punch is for the usual Garchomp and Salamence, but I am seriously considering ThunderPunch for the 4X damage on Gyarados.

Weavile: One of my three physical sweepers; he also serves as my revenge killer. With a STAB CB Pursuit in his arsenal, Weavile can kill Ghost-type retards such as Gengar and Dusknoir as they switch out, as well as Starmie. Ice Punch rapes Garchomp, Salamence, and Gliscor, and Brick Break kills T-Tar and Heatran.

Swampert: My other “wall”; this guy is my bulky water. He is also responsible for setting up Stealth Rock, which is important to this team’s success. Earthquake is for STAB, and as an added bonus, hits Tyranitar and Metagross for SE damage. Avalanche is on the set to hit Garchomp and Salamence, who either fly over or take little from EQ. Stone Edge over Roar because I have enough problems with Gyarados as it is, and I’d like to hit it super-effective.

Lucario: Number two of three physical sweepers, Swords Dancing Lucario is completely devastating in the late game, when his counters are weakened or dead. After a single boost, Luke OHKO’s Skarmory and Hippowdon with a Life Orb Close Combat, assuming they switch into Stealth Rock. ExtremeSpeed is for priority, and after said SD, kills Dugtrio and causes massive damage to Starmie. Crunch is the preferred move in this instance, as it can kill Cresselia and Dusknoir in two hits after a Swords Dance, but as I have Dark moves on Weavile already, I am considering Rock Slide to hit Gyarados and Salamence with.

Salamence: The final guy and number three of three physical sweepers, this guy is also a big threat in the mid-to-late game. After one Dragon Dance, I outspeed all Base 130’s as well as Max. Speed Adamant Choice Scarf Heracross, plus I reach enough attack to pulverize anything not resistant to it with Dragon Claw. Earthquake is obviously for the Steel types who resist Dragon Claw, but it also hits Tyranitar for super-effective damage. Flamethrower is to hit the Steel types who aren’t weak to Earthquake(Skarmory, Forretress, and Bronzong)for massive damage.

Threat List:

Tyranitar: The Choice Band variant is handled by Swampert, who takes laughable damage from almost any attack, though Lucario can switch in on anything but Earthquake and kill with Close Combat. Boah versions can be dealt with by Swampert.

Metagross: Both the CB and Rock Polish variants are walled by Swampert, who only fears the rare MixGross. Explosion is blocked by Dusknoir, if he happens to get any smart ideas.

Garchomp: I pretty much have no good counters to SD Chomp, though Swampert and Dusknoir can come in as he Swords Dances, and either deliver a OHKO with an Ice attack(Pert) or burn him(Dusky). If all else fails, I can resort to using Weavile's Ice Punch, provided he's not Scarfed, in which case, I can just send in Pert and Avalanche him.

Salamence: Pretty much the same story as Garchomp, except that Swampert and Dusknoir have an easier time switching in on the CBer or DDer. It should be noted though that if Salamence has Draco Meteor, he has the potential to destroy my team.

Gyarados: Dusknoir counters him if he has ThunderPunch, and if the Gyara doesn't pack Taunt, he can also WoW. Swampert can also stall him out and go for the 2KO with Stone Edge. Both need to watch for Waterfall flinchhax.

Heatran: Swampert is the closest thing to a Heatran counter I have, but even he fears Lava Plume's burn rate, and repeated Land Powers from the Specs set.

Gengar: I don't have anything that can really take a hit from Gengar, but provided its not Scarfed, Azelf can Psychic him, and Weavile can Pursuit or Night Slash him. Dusknoir's Shadow Sneak also works in a pinch.

Heracross: Salamence can switch in on Megahorn or Close Combat and set up on him, but greatly fears Stone Edge. Similarily, Dusknoir can take his hits barring Night Slash, but must be careful not to activate Guts.

Lucario: Not much to say. Salamence can take Close Combat thanks to Intimidate and his resistance, but must watch out for those with Stone Edge. Dusknoir can come in on Luke if he doesn't carry Crunch and burn him. SpecsLuke walks all over this team if I don't predict well enough, however.

Azelf: Like a lot of special sweepers, I have big problems with this guy, as I pack no special wall. Basically, all I can do is have Weavile come in as it plots or uses Psychic and Night Slash it.

Infernape: Salamence resists all of Mixape's attacks except HP Ice and is my best bet for a counter. SD Infernape can be stopped by Swampert. If neither is an option, I can have Azelf kill him with Psychic.

Starmie: Dusknoir doesn't have too much to fear from Starmie and can wear it down with Shadow Sneak. Weavile can come in on a revenge kill and Pursuit it, as well

Weavile: Swampert shouldn't have too many problems with it, and can 2KO with Earthquake.

Zapdos: Swampert is still a fine option, being immune to Thunderbolt, and threatening Zapdos with Avalanche. He can also use Earthquake as he Roosts. Pert has to watch for HP Grass, though.

I'll put in more threats when I feel like it.

Nuff said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)