My current VGC team (its been on high ladder but im looking for recommendations to make it better)

https://pokepast.es/fddd276664059f46

For awhile I've been using this team and it seems to play very well and I've reached pretty hard on ladder using it. The matchups don't seem to bad but my main concern is that the team isn't the best it can possibly be. Farigiraf happens to be extremely punishing to hard trick room which I've come across at locals many time. At the same time it has helped a few times against Flutter Mane which has been pretty funny.

Tornadus - Primarily a tailwind setter and a rain setter than can actually do some nice damage imo. Access to a flying type move has helped a ton and with 180 special attack it can do some good chip or in some cases big damage to the likes of Rillaboom and Amoonguss.

Landorus T - Being at 140 speed, with good physical attack, and intimidate is obviously good so its most likely not surprising to see it here. Being choice banded it can really hurt if positioned correctly so I really enjoy it. Tera water is dominantly to counter ice moves and Urshifu Rapid Strike.

Urshifu Rapid Strike - Everybody plays it, you know why, and that's about it... I'm not good at doing evs but I tried to bulk my Urshifu to live things like Flutter Mane which is has lived multiple times which has been extremely helpful. Personally I still believe safety goggles to be a must for Urshifu Rapid Strike.

Heatran - This guy is typically here just to round out the fire, water, grass core but its really just meant to be bulky, and a damage dealer. Being able to tera grass with flash fire is typically really scary if the opponent can't do anything about it. This is also one of my answers to the meta demon that is Flutter Mane

Rillaboom - One of the most important guys on the team happens to be Rillaboom because it ohkos Flutter mane, can pivot, has fake out, knock off, an Amoonguss answer, and amazing bulk with a good ability to gain terrain control. I'm not very sure on the tera I want to stick with yet but water and fire have both been pretty good. In the case trick room does get up being able to cycle fake out against it can be nice at times and wood hammer can absolutely destroy things like Flutter mane, Lando T, Urshifu, Ursaluna, and Gastrodon.

Farigiraf - This guy is one of my favorite new Pokemon and everybody called me crazy when Regulation D started and I was using it. But it works really well against trick room, Chien Pao teams, sometimes balance teams, and literally everything in the game. I've forever had faith in this pokemon even before it made an appearance at worlds and it does not dissapoint.

I know this is a very average team and the highest I've gotten on ladder is 1743 but any input would be greatly appreciated in order to make this team better. Also if I misspelt anything I apologize in advance:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)