XY NU My Awesome NU Team

It has been a while since I have done an RMT and it is my First NU RMT with the first and only NU team I use. This team wins me 9 out of 10 battles in this tier which is quickly becoming my favorite.

Sadly I have no sprites to liven this one up as I lost the link I had to where all the sprites are. So lets get this train wreck moving.

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Petal Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Teeter Dance
- Sleep Powder

This is my pride and joy. This Lilligant has swept entire teams 6-0 and regularly gets 2-3 KOs before going down. Its only attacking move is Petal Dance which if played right allows it to walk through most anything. Quiver Dance is for setting up after putting something to sleep or on a predicted Xatu switch in. Teeter Dance is to annoy things if they wake up. Sleep Powder is to put things to sleep.
Now Barring Xatu, Muk, Wheezing, Typloshion, Pyroar and anything with Sap Sipper this Mon is unchallenged.

Zangoose (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
My Physical Sweeper, either leading with it or sending out on something that is low or to revenge kill negates the need for protect. Facade is a terrifyingly strong STAB move that most things do not like. CC hits steel and rock types. Knock Off takes care of ghosts and other things that would not like to lose an item. Quick Attack is for priority.
This thing also stops Ninjask in their tracks as they cannot keep a sub up and will eventually have to go down or attempt to BP at which time they go down.

Typhlosion (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Extrasensory
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast

My Second Favorite Pokemon which I was quite thrilled to have a use for. I chose Specs over a Scarf because it is already quite fast and out speeds most of the unboosted tier. Eruption hits like a truck at full HP and cripples most things it hits. Extrasensory is for predicted Fighting/Psychic switch ins. Flamethrower is for when HP gets low. Last but not least Focus Blast is for the rampant normal types in the tier and for rock types. I had enough things to deal with water types that I didnt take HP Grass.

Muk (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Rock Slide

This thing can eat up all sorts of attacks and deal out punishing hits in return. I have been debating if I should change the AV for black sludge.
Gunk Shot is a powerful STAB.
Ice Punch and Fire Punch are for Coverage against Ground and Steel.
Rock Slide is to hit fire types.

Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

This Steelix is my Rocks Layer and it can hit fairly hard to boot. Heavy Slam puts many things in their place as Steelix is one of the heaviest Pokemon. Earthquake is there to threaten Typlohsion and Pyroar switch ins also as STAB. Finally when all is said and done it can explode to deal damage and pave the way for my more frail Sweepers.

Mantine (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic
- Defog

This thing is amazing defensively as it can tank both physical and special attacks and threaten physical Mons with burns. It has protect to scout and stall Toxic which is used to best stall teams and other bulky Pokemon. Defog is for removing hazards which help keep my sweepers healthy.

Post any suggestions on possible improvements and admonish on things that you find interesting and feel free to use this team for yourself. Thank you for your time.

Your Lilligant set gets stalled too easily by most defensive walls and common types. Coverage moves should be added. And Teeter Dance relies on luck, and playing with luck is dangerous. It's better to be consistent than lucky. And being locked into Petal Dance just makes it fodder for Sap Sipper set up (or something that walls it can set up). I recommend:

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Hidden Power Fire/ Hidden Power Rock
- Sleep Powder

It's good to gain some health back with Giga Drain to negate LO. Being Timid allows for a faster Sleep Powder. The Hidden Powers are for coverage.

Yeah I was thinking about changing Teeter Dance but I really like Petal Dance I just play around till I remove Sap Sipper Mons then clean everything up

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lilligant / Zangoose / Typhlosion / Muk / Steelix / Mantine

The composition of your team looks fine to me. The biggest weakness I see is Specs Typhlosion. Mantine can switch in once with Stealth Rock up because it has Protect for an extra round of Leftovers recovery, but it will either have taken Stealth Rock damage or Stealth Rock will be up most of the time when it switches in because it's your Defog user. To help handle Specs Typhlosion, you could try Nasty Plot / Will-O-Wisp Ninetales over your own Typhlosion. Zangoose covers wallbreaking pretty well as it is, and your team is defensive enough that you don't really need any additional help in that department. Nasty Plot Ninetales would offer your team a Fire immunity as well as a way to lure in and kill Lilligant checks, such as Hariyama and Dragalge, with Psyshock, and it helps your defensive Pokemon wall what they need to by burning things, which is especially useful because none of them have reliable recovery.

Lilligant definitely shouldn't be running Teeter Dance. What does it do to help it sweep? Get a lucky confusion hit once in a while to help you set up once more? It's really not worth it over the ability to hit otherwise checks and counters with coverage. I would recommend Hidden Power Ice or Hidden Power Fire over Teeter Dance, whichever you'd prefer. Frostama suggested Hidden Power Rock, but it misses out on Grass-types, which are more important to hit than other checks to Lilligant because they are immune to Sleep Powder. Giga Drain is definitely more reliable than Petal Dance, but if you prefer the extra power, that's fine.

Otherwise, the team looks pretty solid. You could probably tweak a couple other minor things. Roar over Explosion and Gyro Ball over Heavy Slam on Steelix would be good changes. Explosion really isn't worth it because you'll want Steelix to stay around throughout the match to check Flying- and Normal-types as well as Slurpuff, and Gyro Ball does more damage to more targets than Heavy Slam does. You should also use Shadow Sneak over Rock Slide on Muk. The priority and ability to pick off Rotom, Mismagius, and Mesprit is really nice, and Gunk Shot does more to Fire-types anyways.

Good luck with the team. Muk and Mantine are pretty cool defensive Pokemon that don't see tons of use. It's cool to see them utilized well.

Suggested changes:

- Teeter Dance -> Hidden Power Fire or Hidden Power Ice

- Explosion -> Roar
- Heavy Slam -> Gyro Ball

- Rock Slide -> Shadow Sneak

Sets:
@ Leftovers | Ability: Flash Fire
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid Nature
Fire Blast / Psyshock / Nasty Plot / Will-O-Wisp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)