Tournament MWP V - Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader

Art by Moosical
Hosted by Links & ken

Spreadsheet | Administrative Decisions | Commencement | Replays and Usage (DLC2 only usage) | Scheduling

vs

Attribute Audinos (3) vs (5) Brawl Stars Staraptors
SV: Suspensse vs Azick
SV: FadedCharm vs Taka
SV: feen vs yedla
SV: Fírnen vs Mada
CAP: roxie vs Ainzcrad
LC: Felines vs Quinn
NatDex: bruised vs hellom
Threat: pas_touchao vs Gelbel3c

vs

Po Town Pandas (2) vs (5) Snowpoint Staravias
SV: Booty vs Mihowk
SV: cpt.kraken vs TheWyvernKing
SV: Floss vs tMoi
SV: Piyush25 vs Ashbala
CAP: The Strap vs Tico
LC: TTK vs kythr
NatDex: spell vs CrossHeart
Threat: Nailec vs Toadow

vs

Froakie Frog Force (4) vs (4) Imouto Totodiles
SV: WhiteQueen vs clean
SV: Cielau vs Tarre25
SV: rs vs Fraolain
SV: ArkenCiel vs Dieu Amphibien
CAP: Dj Breloominati♬ vs Fogbound Lake
LC: anique vs Ronman5
NatDex: Arase vs schwipper
Threat: adjustments vs mind gaming

vs

Goldenrod Gengars (3) vs (5) Gotham City Glameows
SV: Rinda vs DugZa
SV: Calaeb vs Scarfire
SV: Vodoom vs maroon
SV: Leru vs shiraiki
CAP: memedose46 vs sapphiree
LC: lax vs Sificon
NatDex: Splash vs style.css
Threat: Chaitanya vs Meta

The Monothreat type for Week 7 is Ground.
mwp w7 ground threat.png

CAP, LC, and Threat are all challengeable formats for the duration of this tournament, so there will not be challenge codes each week.

All tiers will be played using post-DLC2 additions. Any potential midweek bans will not apply until the next round.

Attribute Audinos (0) vs (0) Brawl Stars Staraptors
SV: Suspensse vs Azick
SV: FadedCharm vs Taka
SV: feen vs yedla
SV: Fírnen vs Mada
CAP: roxie vs Ainzcrad
LC: Felines vs Quinn
NatDex: bruised vs hellom
Threat: pas_touchao vs Gelbel3c

Po Town Pandas (0) vs (0) Snowpoint Staravias
SV: Booty vs Mihowk
SV: cpt.kraken vs TheWyvernKing
SV: Floss vs tMoi
SV: Piyush25 vs Ashbala
CAP: The Strap vs Tico
LC: TTK vs kythr
NatDex: spell vs CrossHeart
Threat: Nailec vs Toadow

Froakie Frog Force (0) vs (0) Imouto Totodiles
SV: WhiteQueen vs clean
SV: Cielau vs Tarre25
SV: rs vs Fraolain
SV: ArkenCiel vs Dieu Amphibien
CAP: Dj Breloominati♬ vs Fogbound Lake
LC: anique vs Ronman5
NatDex: Arase vs schwipper
Threat: adjustments vs mind gaming

Goldenrod Gengars (0) vs (0) Gotham City Glameows
SV: Rinda vs DugZa
SV: Calaeb vs Scarfire
SV: Vodoom vs maroon
SV: Leru vs Shiraiki
CAP: memedose46 vs sapphiree
LC: lax vs Sificon
NatDex: Splash vs style.css
Threat: Chaitanya vs Meta

The deadline for this round is Sunday, January 7th at 11 PM GMT -5.​

Last edited:

Ethereal Sword

Fezandipiti
is a Tiering Contributor
Final week! Here are each team's playoff probabilities after 100 million simulated rounds, assuming every battle is a 50/50.
Code:
Po Town Pandas: 0.99387276
Snowpoint Staravias: 0.93677155
Gotham City Glameows: 0.73803151
Imouto Totodiles: 0.63669823
Froakie Frog Force: 0.53193643
Brawl Stars Staraptors: 0.08996157
Goldenrod Gengars: 0.07272795
Attribute Audinos: 0
So how does each team qualify or not?
Po Town Pandas: Automatic qualification on a win or tie. To fail to qualify, they must lose 1-7 or worse, Froakie Frog Force and Imouto Totodiles must tie, and Gotham City Glameows must win or tie.

Snowpoint Staravias: Automatic qualification on a win or tie. To fail to qualify, they must lose, Froakie Frog Force and Imouto Totodiles must tie, and Gotham City Glameows must win or tie.

Gotham City Glameows: Automatic qualification on a win or tie. To fail to qualify, they must lose, and one of the following must occur:
(1) Froakie Frog Force and Imouto Totodiles tie (4 teams with 8 points);
(2) Brawl Stars Staraptors wins (Staraptors overtake Glameows);
(3) Gotham City Glameows loses 2-6 or worse (Gengars overtake Glameows).

Imouto Totodiles: Automatic qualification on a win or tie. Automatic elimination on a loss.

Froakie Frog Force: Automatic qualification on a win. Automatic elimination on a loss. A tie qualifies if one of the following occurs:
(1) Gotham City Glameows loses (4 teams with 8 points);
(2) Snowpoint Staravias loses (Froakie overtakes Staravias);
(3) Po Town Pandas lose 1-7 or worse (Froakie overtakes Pandas).

Brawl Stars Staraptors: Automatic elimination on a tie or loss. A win qualifies if Froakie Frog Force vs Imouto Totodiles is not a tie and one of the following occurs:
(1) Gotham City Glameows loses 2-6 or 3-5.
(2) Gotham City Glameows loses 1-7 and Staraptors win at least 6-2.
(3) Gotham City Glameows loses 0-8 and Staraptors win at least 7-1.

Goldenrod Gengars: Automatic elimination on a tie or loss. A win qualifies if all of the following occur:
(1) The win must be at least 6-2 (overtake Glameows);
(2) Froakie Frog Force vs Imouto Totodiles must not be a tie (overtake the losing team);
(3) Gengars must win at least 2 more games than the Staraptors (overtake Staraptors).

Attribute Audinos: The real playoffs are the friends we made along the way.
-----
The key match to watch this week: Glameows vs Gengars. The result of this match, down to the margin of victory, influences all seven remaining teams' playoffs chances. Honorable mention to Totodiles vs Froakie Frog Force.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9nationaldexmonotype-737569 won while being forced to play in class gg to my opponent.

PSA: I still don't understand how one person's availability was only weekdays from the hours of 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. with no weekend availability (standard school and working hours btw) is allowed to start in a team tournament and was granted a DOUBLE SUB opportunity when the opposing players availability was 2 p.m. to 12 a.m. on weekdays (10 hours each weekday) and 1 p.m. to midnight p.m. on weekends (11 hours each day on the weekend). I nearly had double the availability, yet the incompetent ruling was to make it a double sub. A total of 35 hours of availability on one side vs. 72 hours of availability, yet my opponent was not forced to sub out, and it was treated as equal. I will always appreciate the work that hosts do, as they put in valuable time to make stuff happen. However, the rulings that me and my team have had to deal with are, to say the least, awful.

If 35 total unviable hours of availability are enough to force a double sub from now on, I expect this to be abused by certain people.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9nationaldexmonotype-737569 won while being forced to play in class gg to my opponent.

PSA: I still don't understand how one person's availability was only weekdays from the hours of 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. with no weekend availability (standard school and working hours btw) is allowed to start in a team tournament and was granted a DOUBLE SUB opportunity when the opposing players availability was 2 p.m. to 12 a.m. on weekdays (10 hours each weekday) and 1 p.m. to midnight p.m. on weekends (11 hours each day on the weekend). I nearly had double the availability, yet the incompetent ruling was to make it a double sub. A total of 35 hours of availability on one side vs. 72 hours of availability, yet my opponent was not forced to sub out, and it was treated as equal. I will always appreciate the work that hosts do, as they put in valuable time to make stuff happen. However, the rulings that me and my team have had to deal with are, to say the least, awful.

If 35 total unviable hours of availability are enough to force a double sub from now on, I expect this to be abused by certain people.
Gonna be super useful ruling precedent if I ever want to have a weekend bender while also force subbing 40K Mushamu in MPL X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)