Chat Mutes in groupchats

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
What type of bug are you reporting? Chat

What is the bug?
Turns out a Host (the rank given by /makegroupchat) can mute themselves.

I haven't bothered to test if it's something to do with being a global moderator and somehow outranking your own Host, or just the permission system not considering you might ever want to do this.

EDIT thanks to Distrib-PS (a global regular user) we now know that any host can mute themselves

I did check if I can mute myself elsewhere, tried the following
  • Public room where I hold no roomauth: cannot mute myself
  • Public room where I hold roomauth lower than my global rank: cannot mute myself
  • Public room where I hold roomauth higher than my global rank (RO): cannot mute myself
  • Public room where I hold a nonstandard rank (my boat in wifi): cannot mute myself

Are you able to replicate it? If so, how?
Make a groupchat and mute yourself.

Last edited:
I tested this with Hizo and it seems like the reason why you can mute yourself in a groupchat is due to how host permissions are set up in config.js; the config-example.js file has the host rank (★) in the jurisdiction for mute permissions for drivers, which extends to moderators and hosts; this allows for these ranks to perform a mute on a host despite being of an equal or lower rank. It seems like this permission was supposed to be set up to allow players to be moderated by global staff (the player rank was originally ★, but was changed to ☆ many years ago) and was never intended to be used on hosts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)